March 19, 2024, 12:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 407491 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #880 on: September 20, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »

http://www.korps-politie-suriname.com/nieuws/nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/archief%20nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/2007/2007-11-nieuwsbronnen-internationaal/2007-11-nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal.htm

28 november 2007

(Ronny Wix and David Kock)

Detention extended Joran van der Sloot

Lawyers Kalpoe: "Certainly 95 percent proof is old '

David Kock and Ronny Wix allow the press to speak.

ORANGE CITY - Lawyers for Satish Kalpoe (21), David Kock and Ronny Wix, deny that there is new evidence that justifies arrest of the suspects. All three defendants will be acquitted of all blame and are purified, they guarantee. "Certainly 95 percent is old."
Kock: "The so-called new evidence is an elaboration of the old stuff that 2.5 years ago is not done. It is shaken and presented as new. The little extra is not good enough for them to close. "

The prosecution, however, sees his assertion confirmed that the new evidence is sufficient "for the renewal of detention orders to" Joran van der Sloot. Yesterday afternoon voted the judge agreed to the custody of Van der Sloot renewable for eight days.

Of the brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe had already extended the custody Friday. Research will continue in the coming days and interviews under the investigation continues. By Thursday is a decision on extending the detention of the Kalpoe brothers.

According to Kock and Wix part of the evidence will not be accepted by the court. The lawyers believe the authorities under the guise of a technical inspection for the mobile phone reception, Tapping into the homes of the suspects have posted. They say that after studying a twelve-page document that the Public Prosecutor (OM) yesterday sent to them. Reports of the taps, according to lawyers back the pieces of justice are "hidden". "Evidence that is obtained here will not be accepted by the court."

Lawyer Wix is the legality of the detention of the three doubtful. "I would almost say illegal. They have already been made in insurance for essentially the same facts and the law should not two times. The OM is desperate, but now they are too far gone. There is simply no new evidence, but they force the case to December 31 because they must decide whether they bring prosecutions. "

Satish ONLY

Although they often talk about "their clients Satish and Deepak Kalpoe," Wix now officially defending Kock and only Satish Kalpoe. The prosecution, which would prevent the defendants in the case of contact with each other, did not want the two councilors both defend.

"Never before since they made an issue of" Wix reacts angrily against the decision appeals. "We have successfully assisted the brothers again. Now suddenly Deepak gets assigned a different lawyer, who previously stood up for him when we got them remain free. This is just a matter of tactics and desperation of the OM. "

The lawyers acknowledge that they maintained good contact with the lawyer of Joran van der Sloot, Ariean de Bie, who was unavailable for comment. The father of Joran, lawyer Paul van der Sloot, has already been contact between De Bie and his son.

Paul van der Sloot is according to the OM also still officially in the council team to Joran, and has not yet been signed. He would still not have used the law as a lawyer to see his son during the hearing by the judge. (Amigoe / Photo: Raúl Henriquez)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »

Some nice pictures of Aruba on this website.  Just happened uppon his website looking through the ArubaBB:

http://www.arubakid.com/

HOW TO ENJOY ARUBA

One Man’s Opinion

By

Charles W. Smith

These photos taken June 2005

http://www.pbase.com/scsnapper/aruba2005scenics
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: September 20, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »

http://www.korps-politie-suriname.com/nieuws/nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/archief%20nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/2007/2007-11-nieuwsbronnen-internationaal/2007-11-nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal.htm

28 november 2007

ORANGE CITY - Lawyers for Satish Kalpoe (21), David Kock and Ronny Wix, deny that there is new evidence that justifies arrest of the suspects. All three defendants will be acquitted of all blame and are purified, they guarantee. "Certainly 95 percent is old."
Kock: "The so-called new evidence is an elaboration of the old stuff that 2.5 years ago is not done. It is shaken and presented as new. The little extra is not good enough for them to close. "

The prosecution, however, sees his assertion confirmed that the new evidence is sufficient "for the renewal of detention orders to" Joran van der Sloot. Yesterday afternoon voted the judge agreed to the custody of Van der Sloot renewable for eight days.

Of the brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe had already extended the custody Friday. Research will continue in the coming days and interviews under the investigation continues. By Thursday is a decision on extending the detention of the Kalpoe brothers.

According to Kock and Wix part of the evidence will not be accepted by the court. The lawyers believe the authorities under the guise of a technical inspection for the mobile phone reception, Tapping into the homes of the suspects have posted. They say that after studying a twelve-page document that the Public Prosecutor (OM) yesterday sent to them. Reports of the taps, according to lawyers back the pieces of justice are "hidden". "Evidence that is obtained here will not be accepted by the court."

Lawyer Wix is the legality of the detention of the three doubtful. "I would almost say illegal. They have already been made in insurance for essentially the same facts and the law should not two times. The OM is desperate, but now they are too far gone. There is simply no new evidence, but they force the case to December 31 because they must decide whether they bring prosecutions. "

Satish ONLY

Although they often talk about "their clients Satish and Deepak Kalpoe," Wix now officially defending Kock and only Satish Kalpoe. The prosecution, which would prevent the defendants in the case of contact with each other, did not want the two councilors both defend.

"Never before since they made an issue of" Wix reacts angrily against the decision appeals. "We have successfully assisted the brothers again. Now suddenly Deepak gets assigned a different lawyer, who previously stood up for him when we got them remain free. This is just a matter of tactics and desperation of the OM. "

The lawyers acknowledge that they maintained good contact with the lawyer of Joran van der Sloot, Ariean de Bie, who was unavailable for comment. The father of Joran, lawyer Paul van der Sloot, has already been contact between De Bie and his son.

Paul van der Sloot is according to the OM also still officially in the council team to Joran, and has not yet been signed. He would still not have used the law as a lawyer to see his son during the hearing by the judge. (Amigoe / Photo: Raúl Henriquez)

What is Paulus up too?Is he gonna try to pass some law,then make it retroactive for the past 6 yrs,that way they do away with potential evidence?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: September 20, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »

http://www.arubachamber.com/professional.htm

Aruba Bar Association

Abbreviated name:    OvA

Deacon:    Ronny Wix

Address:    J.G. Emanstraat 58, Oranjestad

Phone:    (297) 582-2505

Fax:            (297) 582-3506

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: September 20, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »

28 november 2007

Satish ONLY

What is Paulus up too?Is he gonna try to pass some law,then make it retroactive for the past 6 yrs,that way they do away with potential evidence?

Anything...and everything...to cover that azz. 

IF there is ever a trial in this case, there is no way in hell it should ever take place in Aruba.
There's too much conflict of interest, and it only continues to grow to this day. 

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: September 20, 2009, 02:21:46 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:24 AM »

Hi GabbyG!    

Hi TM, good to see you! Sorry it took me so long to answer, I am just getting back to the computer. I am a Texas Monkey also, in Paris, TX, and I have had ENOUGH of the rain!!  hahaha  My yard is like Wreck's...looks like spring instead of fall it's so high, buttttttt it's so wet I cant mow it.         :  :CowWave::

No problem GabbyG, I just noticed you up there last night and wanted to give you a little shout out to let you know I was glad to see you!  Are you still reading back in the archives?  I thought about that too last night and was wondering if were still at it, or had any new thoughts  on anything related to Natalee's case since doing so.

I've been to Paris Texas a few times, before I married I dated a guy from there; so it's been MANY years ago.  But from what I recall, it was nice!

Yes, Im still reading the archives, Im on #804 now, and often find myself with my mouth hanging open and shaking my head! It has been a good refresher course. Interesting how right a lot of folks have been from the beginning. As far as new thoughts about the case TM, I still feel now the same way I felt 4 years ago about who's guilty, and about what most likely happened to Natalee that night. What I find the most surprise in, all over again while re-reading, is what transpired with some of the Monkeys. I find myself thinking about some of that stuff often and.....wondering...
I am praying that we will get answers one day.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »

I had wondered why Mos was back on Aruba.  Seems he is only stationed in St. Maarten but is over the Antilles and Aruba:

....Pursuant to the National Decree, dated June 1, 2009, and upon application of article 4 paragraph 3 of the Uniform National Decree governing Judicial Organization1, Mr. Mos was appointed as (acting) Chief Public Prosecutor of the Netherlands Antilles, stationed on the Island of St. Maarten,

....The Attorney General then expressed heartfelt gratitude to colleague, Taco Stein LL.M. who will leave St. Maarten to take up a new appointment on Aruba.

..For, pursuant to article 62, first paragraph of the Cooperation Arrangement of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, the Attorney Generals of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba - and for that reason also their substitutes the Solicitor Generals of both countries - are authorized back and forth to handle appeal cases in both countries"

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7549:joint-court-of-justice-of-the-netherlands-antilles-and-aruba-installs-two-members-friday&catid=31:general&Itemid=76
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: September 20, 2009, 10:19:54 AM »

I had wondered why Mos was back on Aruba.  Seems he is only stationed in St. Maarten but is over the Antilles and Aruba:

....Pursuant to the National Decree, dated June 1, 2009, and upon application of article 4 paragraph 3 of the Uniform National Decree governing Judicial Organization1, Mr. Mos was appointed as (acting) Chief Public Prosecutor of the Netherlands Antilles, stationed on the Island of St. Maarten,

....The Attorney General then expressed heartfelt gratitude to colleague, Taco Stein LL.M. who will leave St. Maarten to take up a new appointment on Aruba.

..For, pursuant to article 62, first paragraph of the Cooperation Arrangement of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, the Attorney Generals of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba - and for that reason also their substitutes the Solicitor Generals of both countries - are authorized back and forth to handle appeal cases in both countries"

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7549:joint-court-of-justice-of-the-netherlands-antilles-and-aruba-installs-two-members-friday&catid=31:general&Itemid=76

If i'm reading correctly.Mos has been promoted to over see all the Antilles and St Maarten?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #889 on: September 20, 2009, 10:50:40 AM »

Eagles cheerleaders not just for football
Sunday, September 20, 2009

By AMY BRISSON
newsroom@delcotimes.com

The minute Krystle Campbell stepped off a military plane in Kuwait, she was hit with an intense blast of hot, dry air and nearly 125-degree heat.

“It was like a blow dryer blowing on you, it was so hot,” she said.

In Campbell’s five years as a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles, the 23-year-old Glen Mills resident has traveled the world performing and modeling.

But going on a goodwill mission to Kuwait and Iraq this July was a completely different experience, she said.

It wasn’t glamorous, like the calendar shoot they did in Aruba this May. Or quite as upbeat as performing in a parade in Hong Kong.

In fact, Campbell said the six cheerleaders on the trip got a taste of real life on a military base, from wearing combat gear to sleeping in “The Can.”

“We were treated really well, they took really good care of us, but we were right in there in the mix,” she said. “Whenever there was a pretty severe sandstorm we were grounded and couldn’t move to the next place. And that’s when we really got to know the soldiers.”

Campbell described it as one of the most amazing experiences she has ever had, especially getting to see the day-to-day life of a soldier on the ground.

“They’re so brave for being over there. Some of them said they had been there for eight months and we were the first entertainment group to come over there,” she said.

-snipped-

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/09/20/entertainment/doc4ab59da4560ba253967755.txt

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: September 20, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »

Eagles cheerleaders not just for football
Sunday, September 20, 2009

By AMY BRISSON
newsroom@delcotimes.com

The minute Krystle Campbell stepped off a military plane in Kuwait, she was hit with an intense blast of hot, dry air and nearly 125-degree heat.

“It was like a blow dryer blowing on you, it was so hot,” she said.

In Campbell’s five years as a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles, the 23-year-old Glen Mills resident has traveled the world performing and modeling.

But going on a goodwill mission to Kuwait and Iraq this July was a completely different experience, she said.

It wasn’t glamorous, like the calendar shoot they did in Aruba this May. Or quite as upbeat as performing in a parade in Hong Kong.

In fact, Campbell said the six cheerleaders on the trip got a taste of real life on a military base, from wearing combat gear to sleeping in “The Can.”

“We were treated really well, they took really good care of us, but we were right in there in the mix,” she said. “Whenever there was a pretty severe sandstorm we were grounded and couldn’t move to the next place. And that’s when we really got to know the soldiers.”

Campbell described it as one of the most amazing experiences she has ever had, especially getting to see the day-to-day life of a soldier on the ground.

“They’re so brave for being over there. Some of them said they had been there for eight months and we were the first entertainment group to come over there,” she said.

-snipped-

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/09/20/entertainment/doc4ab59da4560ba253967755.txt

Michael Vick...Now Aruba!Dislike the Eagles more and more everyday...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #891 on: September 20, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

Some nice pictures of Aruba on this website.  Just happened uppon his website looking through the ArubaBB:

http://www.arubakid.com/

HOW TO ENJOY ARUBA

One Man’s Opinion

By

Charles W. Smith

These photos taken June 2005

http://www.pbase.com/scsnapper/aruba2005scenics

Security:  Full employment keeps crime to a minimum.  There is virtually no reported bodily harm to tourists.  Very safe tourist environment despite what you may have heard from the shameless press reporting on the Natalee Holloway case.

http://www.arubakid.com/booklet.htm

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: September 20, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

Hi GabbyG!    

Hi TM, good to see you! Sorry it took me so long to answer, I am just getting back to the computer. I am a Texas Monkey also, in Paris, TX, and I have had ENOUGH of the rain!!  hahaha  My yard is like Wreck's...looks like spring instead of fall it's so high, buttttttt it's so wet I cant mow it.         :  :CowWave::

No problem GabbyG, I just noticed you up there last night and wanted to give you a little shout out to let you know I was glad to see you!  Are you still reading back in the archives?  I thought about that too last night and was wondering if were still at it, or had any new thoughts  on anything related to Natalee's case since doing so.

I've been to Paris Texas a few times, before I married I dated a guy from there; so it's been MANY years ago.  But from what I recall, it was nice!

Yes, Im still reading the archives, Im on #804 now, and often find myself with my mouth hanging open and shaking my head! It has been a good refresher course. Interesting how right a lot of folks have been from the beginning. As far as new thoughts about the case TM, I still feel now the same way I felt 4 years ago about who's guilty, and about what most likely happened to Natalee that night. What I find the most surprise in, all over again while re-reading, is what transpired with some of the Monkeys. I find myself thinking about some of that stuff often and.....wondering...
I am praying that we will get answers one day.

I know how you feel GabbyG, I do the same.

I'm praying for answers too, I hope we get them. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: September 20, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »

Great article Buckeye!  Thanks for bringing it over!   

When I was reading it something struck me right away.  Is it normal to be 20 years old when you complete High School in Holland? 

snip
The Attorney General of the Netherlands Antilles, Dick Piar during his address also introduced the new Chief Public Prosecutor of the Windward Islands, Hans Folkert MOS LL.M.

Mr. Mos was born on February 15, 1959, in The Hague, The Netherlands.

Following high school, which he successfully completed in 1979, in the realm of languages, humanities, and arts, he proceeded to study law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Leiden, where he obtained his Masters Degree in Law, in 1983.

snip

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: September 20, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »

When I was reading it something struck me right away.  Is it normal to be 20 years old when you complete High School in Holland? 

snip
The Attorney General of the Netherlands Antilles, Dick Piar during his address also introduced the new Chief Public Prosecutor of the Windward Islands, Hans Folkert MOS LL.M.

Following high school, which he successfully completed in 1979, in the realm of languages, humanities, and arts, he proceeded to study law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Leiden, where he obtained his Masters Degree in Law, in 1983.

snip

Satish is 22 and still in HS. 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #895 on: September 20, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »

snip

snip

It's possible that HS in NL may have included the equivalent of an Associates Degree....this would explain his Masters Degree in '83.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: September 20, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

This is the complete article that Buckeye referenced above.  There is a lot of information in it that I thought we might like to review time and time again so I'm posting it here.

Thanks again, Buckeye!

Joint Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba installs two members Friday      

Written by Staff Reporter      

Friday, 14 August 2009 23:09

www.sxmislandtime.com

PHILIPSBURG - Two new members of the Joint Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, were installed on Friday afternoon August 14th 2009 in the Court of first instance on St. Maarten.

The installation was presided over by Lisbeth C. Hoefdraad, the Chief Justice of the Joint Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

Also present was the Attorney General of the Netherlands Antilles (OM), Dick Piar.

The two newly installed Judges are Monique Keppels and Diederik Thierry.

(Taco Stein and Hans Mos)

In 2001, he successfully completed his studies at the School for Public Administration of the Netherlands (“Nederlandse School voor Openbaar Bestuur”) (abbreviated in Dutch : “NSOB”).

Throughout the period ranging from 1984 through 1985, Mr. Mos was employed as an attorney with the Department of Legal and Industrial Cases of the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.

Following the completion of his internship as a judicial trainee, Mr. Mos opted for a position with the Counsel for the Prosecution, and was appointed Public Prosecutor in Middelburg, in 1991. In 1995 he was transferred to the District Counsel for the Prosecution of Rotterdam, where he acquired experience as the Public Prosecutor in charge of and engaged in the fight against severe organized crime.

As of August 1, 2006, he was appointed Public Prosecutor in charge of the Criminal Investigation Division with the National Counsel for the Prosecution in Rotterdam.

As of May 1, 2007 through August 1, 2009, Mr. Mos exercised the office of Chief Public Prosecutor with the Counsel for the Prosecution of Aruba.

Pursuant to the National Decree, dated June 1, 2009, and upon application of article 4 paragraph 3 of the Uniform National Decree governing Judicial Organization1, Mr. Mos was appointed as (acting) Chief Public Prosecutor of the Netherlands Antilles, stationed on the Island of St. Maarten,

According to the Attorney General, as Chief Public Prosecutor and precursor, Mr. Mos, under the direct responsibility of the Attorney-General, must encounter the features of and shape the new independently functioning Counsel for the Prosecution of St. Maarten.

All measures within the framework of said “trailblazing”, must fit into the framework and points of departure of the Consensus Statute Law governing the Counsel for the Prosecution, the implementing orders, and the re-organization intentions of the Counsel for the Prosecution.

The Attorney General, then challenged the new Judges stating; You shall administer justice in a community with which you are not yet well acquainted. The aforementioned as such is a challenge by itself. You shall run into the litigant, the suspects, and the attorneys as well as the prosecution officials everywhere on a daily basis, either on the street, in the supermarket, on the beach or at receptions.

You must either maintain adequate distance and/or keep this or that person at arms length, without having to administer justice from a pedestal. It is an art, however, at the same time a “conditio sine qua non” for a successful administration of the law, to find just the right leverage.

The political developments leading to the dismantlement of the Netherlands Antilles, will not make the situation any easier for you as a judge the Attorney General stated.

In a confirming statement the Attorney General stated that the political process, is being carefully scrutinized. He further stated that the Island Territory of St. Maarten has experienced difficult times of late.

Some highly placed officials, in charge of guarding and maintaining the pillars of our constitutional state, either looked the other way or have themselves affected the foundation of our constitutional state. The aforementioned did not go unpunished Piar stated.

St. Maarten can, therefore, commend itself as being fortunate, and can be proud of the fact that the investigation and legal pursuit of such abuse on this island is possible, for in many countries around the world this is not a matter–of- fact occurrence.

The OM went on to state that this self-purifying process that St. Maarten, as part of the Netherlands Antilles, is currently undergoing, must be maintained uncurtailed. I am quite confident that this will be the case.

The official apparatus, and the judicial chain, as well as the government in particular, must be reinforced with incorruptible and qualitatively apt persons.

In the new political structure due observation of the law, and administration of justice, and, therefore, also the regulation of the Counsel for the Prosecution fall under the autonomous tasks of the future countries.

A Counsel for the Prosecution which acts in an incorruptible and decisive manner, which is suited to its tasks, is, therefore, a must for due observation of the law and a sound administration of justice in St. Maarten.

It is the responsibility of the new country, St. Maarten, to see to it that there is a Counsel for the Prosecution which functions optimally. The judicial tasks, including the legal pursuit policy, fall under the responsibility of the Minister of Justice of the new country St. Maarten.

Each autonomous country shall determine its own priorities in the realm of public order and due observance of the law. The Minister of Justice takes complete responsibility and is totally accountable towards Parliament.

In order to carry said responsibility, the Minister of Justice may instruct the Counsel for the Prosecution. As is also the case at present, the instructions, and/or orders of the Minister of Justice in the new political structure must always be in accordance with law and justice, and also pursuant to the principles of good governance, in order to withstand judicial perusal.

Cross border crime is, in fact, a form of crime which transcends the borders of a country. The Minister of Justice of the new countries, and of Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba must, therefore, in their periodic consultation, clearly formulate where the priorities are with regard to this form of crime.

An Analysis of the Crime Image (abbreviation in Dutch : CBA = “criminaliteitsbeeldanalyse”), can contribute towards this end.

Meanwhile, the Counsel for the Prosecution, in close consultation with the Office of the Attorney-General, and the National Police Department Force of The Netherlands, have taken the initiative to have a CBA made for St. Maarten. In the meantime, the CBA’s for Bonaire and Curaçao have been completed, and give a clear, and realistic picture of the nature, extension, development, and impact of crime on those islands.

The OM stated that In his opinion, it goes without saying that the new countries and Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba must work together. This is especially important for the fight against severe, organized and cross border crime.

An efficient management of small-scale entities of the Counsel for the Prosecution, which are situated at extended geographical distances one from the other, also requires more cooperation.

The Consensus Statute Law governing the Counsel for the Prosecution and the ambition of the Counsel for the Prosecution as a professional organization, shall undoubtedly lead to task increase and a rise in working pressure within the Counsel for the Prosecution.

To this effect the execution of the primary process, the development of the policy, and strategy, and the necessary quality development are taken into consideration.

Owing to the fact that in the Caribbean region of the Kingdom there are small-scale entities of the Counsel for the Prosecution, it is virtually impossible that all entities are suited with all the required expertise.

The exchange of expertise among the new countries shall lead to an increase in decisiveness which the autonomous Counsels for the Prosecution must portray in the criminal prosecution. The aforementioned being to the avail of a due observance of the law.

One of the policy priorities of the Counsel for the Prosecution in St. Maarten for the coming period will be the fight against people smuggling and human trafficking.

On the basis of the aforementioned and taking into account the Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) between the Ministers of Justice of The Netherlands, The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba the issues regarding people smuggling and human trafficking shall be given the necessary priority.

This year the Counsel for the Prosecution initiated investigations, by means of which the heads of diverse criminal investigation departments shall establish agreements as to the tackling of this form of crime.

In the three-way deliberation (Police, Island Government, Counsel for the Prosecution) it has been agreed up that they will go to great lengths to get a grip on the sex industry by controlling the permits of those employed in the sex industry, and the infrastructural situation of the location where they are employed.

IThe OM then warned all those involved with the withdrawal of the passport of personnel members, which apparently still occurs here and there within the sex industry, is considered a form of coercion which can lead to exploitation. Those guilty of such shall be dealt with harshly.

The Attorney General then expressed heartfelt gratitude to colleague, Taco Stein LL.M. who will leave St. Maarten to take up a new appointment on Aruba.

Mr. Piar stated that he has mixed feelings with regard to his departure. He will indeed leave the Netherlands Antilles, however he will remain active in the Caribbean region of the Kingdom of The Netherlands.

It is a fact that we will miss him as Public Prosecutor of the Windward Islands Piar stated, however, in his capacity as Solicitor-General of Aruba, where he will establish himself, he shall remain authorized in the judicial realm in the Netherlands Antilles, therefore, also in Sint Maarten.

For, pursuant to article 62, first paragraph of the Cooperation Arrangement of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, the Attorney Generals of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba - and for that reason also their substitutes the Solicitor Generals of both countries - are authorized back and forth to handle appeal cases in both countries"

The OM concluded by stating, "So, our dear friend and colleague, Taco, don't think you will get rid of us so easily! I'm afraid you will be stuck with us for a long time to come.

At the end of the ceremony, a farewell and welcoming reception was held on Front Street.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: September 20, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »

snip

snip

Satish is 22 and still in HS. 

I said "normal" wreck...we all know Satish is "special".    Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: September 20, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

snip

snip

It's possible that HS in NL may have included the equivalent of an Associates Degree....this would explain his Masters Degree in '83.

Good point 2NJ, that makes sense.

(I asked my DH about it before I posted and he said he must be a dumbazz, but then again he is TRYING to watch a Western on TV so he probably didn't give it much thought.)   

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: September 20, 2009, 01:08:15 PM »

I have no idea what I am talking about, but, I think there can be a problem with a joint court...if, for instance, the legislators in a particular country (Aruba) refuse to pass laws that the rest of the "countries" abide by.  I think that is what Wix was complaining about.  Aruba doesn't want to follow the accepted "hidden" surveillance methods because on Aruba they have not passed the necessary laws.  I think the issue is, can the court/prosecutor dictate the rules, even if not legislated?     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.