April 20, 2024, 03:44:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 409967 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: September 21, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62727.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

'Secret' votes

September 21, 2009, 14:28 (GMT -04:00)

Even four days and then comes the moment of truth. After long campaign, we will finally see who chooses Aruba. But while confidentiality of your vote, I doubt. At least, when I see the Aruban voting booths ...

On Friday, September 11, the parliament decided to change and to bring to the voting booths. And this to the electorate to "guarantee" that voting 'secret' remains. Still, I fill the terms 'guarantee' and 'secrecy' is very different than actually being done now. Because the confidentiality your own voice, as you state in an open ballot box to vote?

The official measurements are according to the Electoral Aruba Regulation as follows: from the desk are two opaque sides of at least 110 centimeters high and 100 centimeters wide and an opaque rear wall of at least 50 inches high. And at the top of the front of the voting booth curtains are made of opaque black cloth below the height of the lectern. In short: everyone in the polling station may at length see that you vote. Since the entire polling station just to your moves and go where your eyes focus, you can see in the list vote.

The purpose of this whole "functional" change is actually crazier to call, then this whole secrecy story: the prevention of the use of cameras and mobile phones in the booths. In the past because people were so greedy to have the photos to use their vote against payment is required. I see again the rotten apples from the group emerge. The weirdest I think that only two people from the opposition were present at the vote that "targeted" change. MPA-leader Monica Kock was among others in and voted against. And she said something very meaningful: "People can still take pictures. You shoot your target is over, because this is not the solution to this problem. "

In the Netherlands I only voted once. Secret ballot. There is a ballot box by law from a rear wall and two sidewalls, each having at least one meters wide and two meters high. And people are there no pictures of their own voice. At least, not for payment. So if anyone here in a normal way to vote, is it really possible for a secret vote. That is the secret.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #941 on: September 21, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »

OT, but somewhat related.....           

Monserrate Jury Selection Tuesday
State Senator Accused Of Assault
Updated: Monday, 14 Sep 2009, 11:34 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 14 Sep 2009, 11:34 AM EDT

NEW YORK - Hiram Monserrate was a politician on the rise.  Elected to the state Legislature last year, he grabbed headlines
for staging a historic coup against his party.

The state senator's career could be over if he's convicted of attacking his girlfriend, a charge he has repeatedly denied. Jury selection is slated for Tuesday in his assault trial.

Monserrate, a former Marine and ex-cop, was arguing with Karla Giraldo at his apartment late Dec. 18. By the time it was over, she required 20 stitches around her left eye.

Jurors must now decide whether the Democrat accidentally tripped and fell into her while holding a glass of water, or whether Monserrate, 42, did it on purpose in a fit of jealous rage. If convicted on the top charge, a felony, he faces seven years in prison and automatic loss of his senate seat.

If he's convicted of a misdemeanor, he could serve out his term, but it's not clear how his image will fare. Douglas Muzzio, a political science professor at Baruch College, said it could be difficult to win women voters.
"But then again, there are any number of 'Lazaruses' in New York City and American politics," Muzzio said.

The case hinges on Giraldo.  Initially, prosecutors said she told officers that an enraged Monserrate broke a glass in his hand, then use the jagged edge to slice her face. The argument spilled into the hallway, where surveillance video captured a frightened, bleeding woman in distress, according to the police report.

But after Giraldo learned officers planned to arrest Monserrate she changed her account, saying it was an accident and that she did not want to press charges, prosecutors said.  She will almost certainly be called as a witness. "How you prove the case without calling her as a witness, I  don't know," said Monserrate's attorney, Joseph Tacopina.

Tacopina said he might call her in Monserrate's defense if Queens prosecutors do not. Prosecutors wouldn't comment. Giraldo maintains her injuries weren't intentionally caused, the attorney said.

"He rushed her to the hospital," Tacopina said. "She told people it was an accident. So did he. It was an accident."

Monserrate worked to mend his damaged image almost immediately, issuing public statements proclaiming his innocence and noting he had worked during his 12 years as a city police officer to put men in jail who abused women.

He also claimed District Attorney Richard Brown was out to get him.

Brown's office handles more than 5,000 cases annually and his spokesman said this case was being handled no differently. Tacopina said that Monserrate had been offered a plea deal but he didn't take it.

"He is not going to acknowledge guilt, even for some low-level crime, because he is innocent," he said.  A restraining order prevents Giraldo and Monserrate from seeing  each other, but "they're together in spirit," Tacopina said.

Just weeks after the incident, the former city councilman was sworn in to the state Senate, and named chairman of the consumer affairs committee. This summer, he and fellow Democrat Pedro Espada Jr. brazenly ignited a coup in the Senate by joining a Republican-dominated coalition that overthrew the majority. The deadlock lasted a month before it was resolved.

Muzzio said Monserrate's role in the Senate coup could further hurt his tarnished image. "There's a conviction or lack of conviction and then there's the court of public opinion," he said. "He may appear unstable on many levels. You don't come back from that."

Copyright Associated Press, Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/090914_monserrate_jury_selection_tuesday

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: September 21, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62726.php

ARUBA

WCA will visit international

September 21, 2009, 14:16 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Women's Club of Aruba in the context of the celebration of its 75th anniversary visited by delegations of women's organizations in the U.S., Brazil and Curacao. Rose Ditto, chairing the International General Federation of Women's Clubs in Washington DC, representatives of Osculda Grupo Kontento Uni and Steering Committee from Curacao and CRE-SER Club in Sao Paulo, Brazil were invited to a number of activities. Thus the celebration committee had a workshop, a lecture, a Bus tour around the island, a high tea party, a family day and a gala party was organized.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: September 21, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »

OT, but somewhat related.....           

Monserrate Jury Selection Tuesday
State Senator Accused Of Assault
Updated: Monday, 14 Sep 2009, 11:34 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 14 Sep 2009, 11:34 AM EDT

NEW YORK - Hiram Monserrate was a politician on the rise.  Elected to the state Legislature last year, he grabbed headlines
for staging a historic coup against his party.

The state senator's career could be over if he's convicted of attacking his girlfriend, a charge he has repeatedly denied. Jury selection is slated for Tuesday in his assault trial.

Monserrate, a former Marine and ex-cop, was arguing with Karla Giraldo at his apartment late Dec. 18. By the time it was over, she required 20 stitches around her left eye.

Jurors must now decide whether the Democrat accidentally tripped and fell into her while holding a glass of water, or whether Monserrate, 42, did it on purpose in a fit of jealous rage. If convicted on the top charge, a felony, he faces seven years in prison and automatic loss of his senate seat.

If he's convicted of a misdemeanor, he could serve out his term, but it's not clear how his image will fare. Douglas Muzzio, a political science professor at Baruch College, said it could be difficult to win women voters.
"But then again, there are any number of 'Lazaruses' in New York City and American politics," Muzzio said.

The case hinges on Giraldo.  Initially, prosecutors said she told officers that an enraged Monserrate broke a glass in his hand, then use the jagged edge to slice her face. The argument spilled into the hallway, where surveillance video captured a frightened, bleeding woman in distress, according to the police report.

But after Giraldo learned officers planned to arrest Monserrate she changed her account, saying it was an accident and that she did not want to press charges, prosecutors said.  She will almost certainly be called as a witness. "How you prove the case without calling her as a witness, I  don't know," said Monserrate's attorney, Joseph Tacopina.

Tacopina said he might call her in Monserrate's defense if Queens prosecutors do not. Prosecutors wouldn't comment. Giraldo maintains her injuries weren't intentionally caused, the attorney said.

"He rushed her to the hospital," Tacopina said. "She told people it was an accident. So did he. It was an accident."

Monserrate worked to mend his damaged image almost immediately, issuing public statements proclaiming his innocence and noting he had worked during his 12 years as a city police officer to put men in jail who abused women.

He also claimed District Attorney Richard Brown was out to get him.

Brown's office handles more than 5,000 cases annually and his spokesman said this case was being handled no differently. Tacopina said that Monserrate had been offered a plea deal but he didn't take it.

"He is not going to acknowledge guilt, even for some low-level crime, because he is innocent," he said.  A restraining order prevents Giraldo and Monserrate from seeing  each other, but "they're together in spirit," Tacopina said.

Just weeks after the incident, the former city councilman was sworn in to the state Senate, and named chairman of the consumer affairs committee. This summer, he and fellow Democrat Pedro Espada Jr. brazenly ignited a coup in the Senate by joining a Republican-dominated coalition that overthrew the majority. The deadlock lasted a month before it was resolved.

Muzzio said Monserrate's role in the Senate coup could further hurt his tarnished image. "There's a conviction or lack of conviction and then there's the court of public opinion," he said. "He may appear unstable on many levels. You don't come back from that."

Copyright Associated Press, Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/090914_monserrate_jury_selection_tuesday

Glad I don't have to worry about being called for that one...my mind's made up.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:08 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/12249/5/#jc_allComments

Papiamentu translation:

two hurista new for departamento of legislacion

local monday, 21 september 2009 - 16:48

ministro of husticia sir rudy croes owing to ricibi at his office two hurista new for her departamento of asuntonan huridico y legislacion. both hurista is aruban y they will reforsa the equipment of huristanan cu have cu work among another upstairs various ley for we country.indra duarte owing to gradua recientemente at universidad of aruba y marcel ‘t mannetje is one graduado of universidad of leiden at the netherlands.ministro of husticia owing to desea y tanto mr. indra duarte because; mr. marcel ‘t mannetje much exito in they work cu will is at beneficio of aruba. come across

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: September 21, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I have been locked out.  Lightening struck and the lights went off and when I tried to sign
in, it said there was no such user as Magnolia.

Finally, I asked Klaas to help me and as usual she pulled me through

I hope all is well!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: September 21, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I have been locked out.  Lightening struck and the lights went off and when I tried to sign

I hope all is well!

Hey Magnolia!  How terrible!  I'm glad you got it straightened out, I've been wondering where you were!

Everything's good, except there's no news to report in Natalee's case.   

THANKS Klaas!  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #947 on: September 21, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

You were missed...I have to tell you that I got locked out this afternoon, too, for a little bit.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: September 21, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

Hey Magnolia!  How terrible!  I'm glad you got it straightened out, I've been wondering where you were!

THANKS Klaas!  

It is mighty quiet.  I keep hoping that Jaap guy's lie detector show with Joran will air.

I think I read somewhere that it might air the end of September.  I hope so!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

THANKS Klaas!  

It is mighty quiet.  I keep hoping that Jaap guy's lie detector show with Joran will air.

I think I read somewhere that it might air the end of September.  I hope so!

I've been thinking the same!   

I've been watching a couple of the Dutch newspapers to see if they print anything else about it, nothing so far.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: September 21, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

You were missed...I have to tell you that I got locked out this afternoon, too, for a little bit.   

A little bit I can handle.  I was locked out for two or three days.
I hated to bother Klaas, but finally saw nothing else to do.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »

I saw caesu logged in for just a little while a few days ago...thought he might know something, but he didn't post.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: September 21, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »

Old article...

http://www.crimesite.nl/crimesite/algemeen/terror-jaap-praat-over-joran-van-der-sloot.html

Google translation:

Terror Jaap talks about Joran van der Sloot

Crime Site - General

WEDNESDAY, 29 APRIL 2009 @ 16:35

Terror Jaap CRIMETIP breaks his silence and talks candidly about his encounter with Joran van der Sloot. Joran agrees to a lie detector test for Jaap's television. "He had a big gambling debts with someone who you think should not have, so I thought 'if I invest in you get more grip on you'." At the appointed time let Joran runs away. Michael: "The whole production was prepared so I called him and said." You know what I know about you. If you fail to fulfill your request, I can not but make a documentary about how you have cheated me. " Joran has finally made it to the polygraph test, according to Jaap. Terror Jaap is under the media with a waking problem because until now no station would be interested. And that would be regrettable.

"They all began to shake.''

We believe that the polygraph test is not Joran just disappears in a dusty desk drawer. We would not know what a possible machinations behind the scenes took place at Terror Jaap with Joran's lie detector test to Kalt. Provided that there are clearly forces that want to avoid Joran this time perhaps the truth and that through that broadcast to light. We want the truth and nothing but the truth into the sea again so Joran can walk safely on streets and provide Terror Jaap on his program but then Joran Crime Site.

Otherwise, stay tuned on Crime Site because then you always have an alibi.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #953 on: September 21, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

I'm glad Klaas straightened it all out.  The only thing I know is that you can't change the email you registered with....so your situation sounds more complicated. 

When we go away and I don't have access, it drives me nuts, but there have been a couple of times where our cable has gone out and I just have to wait.  That forces me to be a little more productive around the home front.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 21, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=59837820989&topic=11340

Topic: VIOLENT HUMAN TRAFFICKER SABAN BARAN FLEES DUTCH PRISON
Displaying the only post.

Post #1
Michelle wrote on September 17, 2009 at 4:50pm
Dutch police were hunting Thursday for one of the country's most notorious human traffickers after he fled while on a temporarily release from prison to visit his wife and newborn baby.

A court's decision last week to allow Saban Baran out of his cell for a week to visit his family has caused outrage in the Netherlands, where he was serving a seven-and-a-half-year sentence for human trafficking.

"We are talking here about a terrible blunder in the law," said Fred Teeven, a former senior prosecutor who is now a lawmaker for the center-right Liberal Party.

Baran, 38, was convicted last year of leading a gang notorious for forcing more than 100 women into prostitution, tattooing some of them to mark them as the gang's property. Prosecutors also say some women who came from Germany and eastern Europe were forced to have breast implants and illegal abortions while working in brothels in Amsterdam and other Dutch cities.

READ HERE:

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/2009/09/human-trafficker-saban-baran-flees-from.html

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/09/fury_over_human_trafficker_esc.php

Fury over human trafficker escape

Thursday 17 September 2009

MPs have demanded justice minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin explain how a convicted and violent human trafficker came to be given a few days leave from prison and then vanished.

Saban Baran is currently appealing against a 7.5 year jail sentence for forcing over 100 women into prostitution, together with his brother.

Baran had been allowed home to visit his new baby, born to one of his trafficking victims whom he married from jail in January.

According to the Telegraaf, the Arnhem court gave the go-ahead to the compassionate leave, despite the objections of the public prosecution department, which said he was a flight risk and that it had been tipped off he was making travel plans.

Police say they expect Baran has fled to Turkey and an international arrest warrant has been issued. The Netherlands does not have an extradition treaty with Turkey.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: September 21, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

I would have went through withdrawl.  Klaas would have gotten an email from me after a half hour of trying  .

Glad you made it back in.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: September 21, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30197018&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=59837820989&aid=-1&id=1237872929&oid=59837820989

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: September 21, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I hope all is well!

I would have went through withdrawl.  Klaas would have gotten an email from me after a half hour of trying  .

Glad you made it back in.

Me too San.   

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: September 21, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »

Good Night, Night Time Crew...!

Bed<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: September 21, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62121.php
Google translation:
ARUBA
"Journalists need to hunt less emotion '
September 8, 2009, 13:52 (GMT -04:00)
ORANJESTSTAD - The one-sided coverage of criminal cases in which journalists Click for zoom mainly on emotions instead of facts, has an adverse effect on the legal system. This, Dirk Herman de Jong, professor of criminal law at the University of Groningen. For these "media justice", as De Jong calls, deter, it is increasingly important that the Public Ministry and the courts actively feeding the media with facts.
by Sharina Henriquez
<snip>
"The danger is that more private investigators come in their own way trying to find the truth and not as likely to respect citizens' privacy. Because they are not bound by civilian investigators such as police and judicial legal rules."

My thoughts on that Professor De Jong are that once any citizen chooses to take away another's God given rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...they revoke any right to privacy in regards to that crime against mankind!
JMO

Exactly!

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.