March 28, 2024, 05:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 408321 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #1220 on: September 26, 2009, 02:12:18 AM »

TM....So is this a good thing in Aruba with the elections? Sorry but I don't really keep up with there politics..... 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1221 on: September 26, 2009, 02:16:33 AM »

TM....So is this a good thing in Aruba with the elections? Sorry but I don't really keep up with there politics..... 
Correction there s/b their...I think I have digging fever...lol 

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1222 on: September 26, 2009, 02:31:07 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/12/18/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: September 26, 2009, 02:35:28 AM »

I'm not really into the politics either hotping.  But just from my observations, a change is good.  Only time will tell I guess.  My prayer is that something good will come for Natalee and her family with the new regime in Aruba.  I've had about all of Nel and his crap that I can stomach.  Since this group wasn't in power, hopefully they will be more open to a proper investigation of those who WERE.

JMO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: September 26, 2009, 02:52:19 AM »

I'm not really into the politics either hotping.  But just from my observations, a change is good.  Only time will tell I guess.  My prayer is that something good will come for Natalee and her family with the new regime in Aruba.  I've had about all of Nel and his crap that I can stomach.  Since this group wasn't in power, hopefully they will be more open to a proper investigation of those who WERE.
JMO
I sure hope You are right...... Good Night TM! See ya tomorrow!

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1225 on: September 26, 2009, 02:53:30 AM »

JMO
I sure hope You are right...... Good Night TM! See ya tomorrow!

Good night hotping!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1226 on: September 26, 2009, 03:13:21 AM »

Truth and Justice for Natalee!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1227 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13:19 AM »

Mike Eman will be Aruba's next Prime Minister

AVP (Aruba Peoples Party), color green, won the election with 12 seats out of 21 seats, and Aruba will be governed for the third consecutive time by only one party. It is the first time that AVP has one 12 seats. Aruba has now shifted from center left government to a center right government. The big victory parade will be held on Sunday. The present government MEP party, color yellow, got 8 seats (a lost of 3 seats), and will be in the opposition for the next 4 years. Real Democrasy Party won 1 seat.

Some of the points of the AVP party for the next 4 years

To abolish turnover tax.
To fight crime by increasing police force, giving them more tools to execute their work properly and maintain order, introducing tough laws.
To invest in the island's infrastructure, constructing Aruba's first bike and jogging path from Oranjestad to the resort area, completion of Oranjestad bypass, construction of the 4 lane highway from Oranjestad to San Nicolas.
To find a new operator for the refinery.
To construct a commuter airport east of San Nicolas for small aircrafts only.
Enforce a moratorium for hotel construction mainly for the areas in west Aruba.
To upgrade donwtown Oranjestad, renovation mainstreet, restauration of monumental buildings, and increase the vibrancy back of the city.
Construction parking garages near downtown areas, introduce parking meters in city center.
To create special incentives for business investment in San Nicolas.
To upgrade and develop downtown San Nicolas as a Caribbean city.
To make Beatrix International Airport a regional passenger and cargo hub.
To open new tourism generating markets in the United States and Canada, direct flight from west coasts.
To open new Latin American and European generating markets to decrease Aruba's dependency on the U.S..
Lots of attention will put on the social aspects of society, increase purchasing power, affordable basic needs, good government pension, increase quality of health care, and affordable healthcare.
Lots of money will be spent on education, upgrading and constructing new schools, with good education materials.
Upgrading and construction sport facilities, introducing programs to have Arubans live a healthy life style, the AVP will be dedicated to fight obesity on the island, starting with children. All schools will be obliged to offer healthy foods.
To elevate the quality of the tourism product Aruba and attract tourists that are willing to spend more.
To make sure that Aruba is one clean country again, enforce tough fines for those who litter.
To preserve the environment by dedicating new areas as non construction areas.
To reduce substantially the demand for oil as a source of energy, gradually increasing the use of clean energy on the island.
To finalize the relocation process of the container harbor from Oranjestad.
To attract legacy carriers back to Aruba such as KLM.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74935&sid=22d6c70e23ef68890758c781f217c0f6
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1228 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

Thanks Buckeye!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1229 on: September 26, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/opposition-avp-wins-landslide-aruba

Opposition AVP wins landslide in Aruba

Published on26 September 2009 - 10:39am
Filed under: Aruba AVP MEP parliamentary elections results

Aruba's Christian-Democrat AVP party has won a landslide victory in Friday's parliamentary elections, ousting the centre-left party MEP after eight years in power.

With more than 80 percent of the votes counted, the AVP looks set for 12 seats, four more than the MEP. This means that, like the MEP over the past eight years, the AVP will be able to form a majority government on its own.

Photo: facebook Mike Eman

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1230 on: September 26, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/09/avp-bayendo-pa-un-victoria-aplastante/

Papiamentu translation:

people owing to send nel & gang for cas (home)!!!!

publication: diabierna, 25 september 2009.

categoria: general updated 12:15 owing to.m. aruba time

oranjestad (aan): all cos is show cu aruba owing to rechaza maneho of mep grandemente. nel y his tonelada of corupcion, y the debilidad of his candidatonan in area of north y paradera, owing to place cu mep owing to cay y trompeca on his nose. aruba is immidiately 40% yellow. nothing more. avp is ganando eleccion 2009 at one form big, y yegando 40 urna electoral. still much can change, but till cu now, according the pronostico, avp have 12 asiento, mep have 8 asiento, democracia regal have 1. have indicacion cu cantidad of person is on caya at the casnan of faction avp. already end some candidato of mep is show cu they're ”cla for bay oposicion”. but the result of voice owing to demostra claramente cu mep is one faction cu owing to bay ”out or touch” cu people, y have to reorganiza his self. avp will bay in gobierno, cu candidatonan completamente new in gobernacion. none of esnan on list of avp owing to arrive of form part of gobierno in pasado, then is caranan new. more update immidiately aki….

Oduber is out----am I reading this correctly?  If so   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1231 on: September 26, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/09/avp-bayendo-pa-un-victoria-aplastante/

Papiamentu translation:

people owing to send nel & gang for cas (home)!!!!

publication: diabierna, 25 september 2009.

categoria: general updated 12:15 owing to.m. aruba time

oranjestad (aan): all cos is show cu aruba owing to rechaza maneho of mep grandemente. nel y his tonelada of corupcion, y the debilidad of his candidatonan in area of north y paradera, owing to place cu mep owing to cay y trompeca on his nose. aruba is immidiately 40% yellow. nothing more. avp is ganando eleccion 2009 at one form big, y yegando 40 urna electoral. still much can change, but till cu now, according the pronostico, avp have 12 asiento, mep have 8 asiento, democracia regal have 1. have indicacion cu cantidad of person is on caya at the casnan of faction avp. already end some candidato of mep is show cu they're ”cla for bay oposicion”. but the result of voice owing to demostra claramente cu mep is one faction cu owing to bay ”out or touch” cu people, y have to reorganiza his self. avp will bay in gobierno, cu candidatonan completamente new in gobernacion. none of esnan on list of avp owing to arrive of form part of gobierno in pasado, then is caranan new. more update immidiately aki….

Oduber is out----am I reading this correctly?  If so   

Yes....Oduber's OUT!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1232 on: September 26, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »

Now is the time for this new party to investigate what went on on their slimy island AND most importantly what happened to Natalee and why she has not been returned to her family and country.  Would go a long way in clearing their name some (nothing will clear it completely with me).  Hope this brings down several ex-pats living on their island.  They are as guilty as the ousted party IMO.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1233 on: September 26, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »

Good Morning TM and special thanks for the updates and articles. 

Still here for JUSTICE FOR NATALEE

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1234 on: September 26, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

Now is the time for this new party to investigate what went on on their slimy island AND most importantly what happened to Natalee and why she has not been returned to her family and country.  Would go a long way in clearing their name some (nothing will clear it completely with me).  Hope this brings down several ex-pats living on their island.  They are as guilty as the ousted party IMO.

I agree Blue Moon!   

Sorry for the slow response, we're having to buy a TV today so I've been comparing prices etc. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: September 26, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »

Good Morning TM and special thanks for the updates and articles. 

Still here for JUSTICE FOR NATALEE

You're welcome Blue Moon!

I hope I can find some good news for Natalee and her family somewhere SOON!   

Of course if somebody else finds it and brings it, I'd love that too!   

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1236 on: September 26, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »

Did Oduber lose his seat?  Not sure if it works that way in Aruba.

Texas Mom - you do an awful lot of work for Natalee in providing so much information to the forum. 
I appreciate it, although often, well most of the time - do not have a clear understanding of what I am reading.

Bless Natalee and her family! an angelic monkey
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1237 on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

Thank you texasmom and Buckeye for the reports. I hope this means good news for Natalee.
I think Nels owns some property in Florida, maybe he will move to the states. I would not put it past him.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1238 on: September 26, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1067390&lang=eng_news

Aruba's opposition party wins parliament elections

By MARGARET WEVER
Associated Press
2009-09-26 11:16 PM   

Arubans concerned by a struggling economy and unhappy with a local business tax voted to unseat Prime Minister Nelson Oduber after eight years in control of parliament.

The opposition People's Party won 48 percent of the vote in Friday's election and will control 12 of 21 legislative seats, according to results released Saturday by the Elections Council.

"I am convinced we will make Aruba a happy island again," People's Party leader Mike Eman said as thousands of people unfurled the party's green flag and set off firecrackers to celebrate.

Oduber's People's Electoral Movement, which has held power since 2001, won 36 percent of the vote and will hold 8 seats. The last spot went to the Democratic Party.

Eman's party won in part on promises to eliminate the 3 percent cumulative tax on local businesses and to lower inflation on the Dutch Caribbean island, a tourism-based economy that is dependent on imports and known for high prices.

Eman also pledged to address concerns about lagging tourism _ down 5 percent in the first half of the year _ as well as impending layoffs by Valero Energy Corp., which owns the island's refinery.

San Antonio-based Valero has said it will dismiss several hundred contract workers at the refinery, which has been closed since mid-July. It has not decided the fate of 780 permanent employees there.

The Elections Council said 85 percent of 64,600 voters participated in Friday's vote. It expects to certify results by Tuesday.

Aruba obtained full autonomy in its internal affairs when it separated from the Netherlands Antilles in 1986, but the Dutch government still oversees defense and other areas.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: September 26, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »

Did Oduber lose his seat?  Not sure if it works that way in Aruba.

Texas Mom - you do an awful lot of work for Natalee in providing so much information to the forum. 
I appreciate it, although often, well most of the time - do not have a clear understanding of what I am reading.

Bless Natalee and her family! an angelic monkey

From my understanding Oduber when the vote is confirmed, Oduber will lose his seat.  The AVP party won 12 of the 21 seats, I think it's safe to assume that Nelson Oduber will not be elected with the opposition party controlling the majority of the seats.

JMO

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm

GOVERNMENT
Part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba has semi-autonomy on most internal affairs with the exception of defense, foreign affairs, final judicial review, and "Kingdom matters" including human rights and good governance. The constitution was enacted in January 1986. Executive power rests with a governor, while a prime minister heads an eight-member Cabinet. The governor is appointed for a 6-year term by the monarch and the prime minister and deputy prime minister are elected by the legislature, or Staten, for 4-year terms. The Staten is made up of 21 members elected by direct, popular vote to serve 4-year terms. Aruba's judicial system, mainly derived from the Dutch system, operates independently of the legislature and the executive. Jurisdiction, including appeal, lies with the Common Court of Justice of Aruba and the Kingdom-level Supreme Court of Justice in the Netherlands.

I'm sure Red knows a lot more about all of this than I do, I'm looking forward to his thoughts on the election!

Thanks for the compliment, can!  I do my best to bring news articles here that peak my interest and that I hope others will be interested in too.  Unfortunately because of the language barrier, I don't always have a full understanding of a lot of it either.  I'm very grateful to those who help that understanding by finding similar reports in English or Dutch that are more easily translated.

for Natalee!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.