April 28, 2024, 05:16:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 410504 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1280 on: September 28, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »

http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d99d2730030029&sectionId=60

Published: September 26. 2009 06:57AM

Mother of missing US teenager Natalee Holloway to be a guest speaker in Bermuda

By Sam Strangeways

Missing: Natalee Holloway 
(AP Photo/courtesy Marcia Twitty 

Distraught: Beth Holloway, the mother of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, leaves a Press conference in 2005, shortly after her daughter went missing in Aruba. Mrs Holloway is coming to Bermuda to speak to youngsters. 

The mother of missing American teenager Natalee Holloway will visit Bermuda next week when she will urge students to take responsibility for their own safety.

Beth Holloway, whose 18-year-old daughter disappeared on a high school graduation trip in Aruba in 2005, will give a talk at Warwick Academy on Friday (October 2).

That evening she will be the guest speaker at the Physical Abuse Centre's 30th anniversary gala celebration at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, her first ever international engagement.

Ms Holloway, who is visiting the Island for the first time with son Matt, 21, told The Royal Gazette in a telephone interview yesterday that she would talk to students on personal safety.

"It's their responsibility to watch out for themselves," she said. "I have presented to tens of thousands of high school and college students. I remind the young girls to bring their plans for an evening full circle. They need to pay as much attention to how they end their evening as how to how they begin it."

Natalee was last seen by her classmates leaving a nightclub in the town of Oranjestad. After she missed her return flight home, her luggage and passport were discovered in her hotel room. Police suspected foul play but her body has never been found.

Ms Holloway, who has written a book, 'Loving Natalee — A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith', said she initially found her presentations to other youngsters cathartic.

Now she said her hope was simply to help others by sharing her story. "What I try to remind myself is that it's the choice that I have when I wake up every morning, whether I want to be bitter or positive.

"How do I want to live the rest of my life? Do I remain a victim or do I want to become a victor? I want to deliver help or aid to those who need it."

The 49-year-old speech pathologist said she was aware that there were a number of unsolved murder cases here and hoped to meet the relatives of those victims.

"I think that when two persons come together that share similar occurrences in their life, of course I think they can learn from each other. They can encourage each other and support each other."

Warwick principal Maggie McCorkell said Ms Holloway would speak to students aged 15 to 18. "She will do a presentation on personal safety for these students in our morning assembly. I feel this is an increasingly important area that all people, and especially young people, need to be aware of and the more exposure we can give them, then the better informed they will be."

l For tickets to the gala call 292-4366.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1281 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: September 28, 2009, 03:56:24 AM »

Beth Holloway is an amazing woman.  It was not long after the disappearance of her precious daughter that Beth embarked on an ongoing mission of love ... a mission of the heart ... that extended beyond her pain ... her loss.

Beth Holloway's words and actions in her journey from the depths of H--- has been nothing short of inspirational for me and have afforded me strength in so many areas of my own life when discouragement may have prevailed.

Janet

++++

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 219:
... In each city I have the privilege to speak to several high schools, churches, or law enforcement and civic groups.  This translates to thousands of youths and adults.  Delivering this safety mesage is my triumph over devastation.  If gives me great joy and is tremendously rewarding work.  I think that I can bear the pain of losing Natalee if it means that I can prevent another family from going through our tragic experience.  If even just one young person in tens of thousands is saved, then it's well worth it.

I ask young people to make a conscious decision to stay safe.  They have to make the choice.  And I'm not asking them do anything more than I ask myself.  I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.  And I know it's not easy for young people to think about choosing not to get into a situation in which they can't defend themselves.  But we all have to make hard choices.  Every day.

BUMPED

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1283 on: September 28, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/opposition-avp-wins-landslide-aruba

Opposition AVP wins landslide in Aruba

Published on26 September 2009 - 10:39am
Filed under: Aruba AVP MEP parliamentary elections results

Aruba's Christian-Democrat AVP party has won a landslide victory in Friday's parliamentary elections, ousting the centre-left party MEP after eight years in power.

With more than 80 percent of the votes counted, the AVP looks set for 12 seats, four more than the MEP. This means that, like the MEP over the past eight years, the AVP will be able to form a majority government on its own.
Photo: facebook Mike Eman

Thanks so much TxMom, and Buckeye as well.

This is fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!!!

What say we begin a letter writing campaign to Mr Eman?

Asking him to honor the Netherlands request to investigate what happened in the first 10 days after Natalee went missing.

Urging him to help Aruba make a productive, new start by doing all in his power to see that not only do the perpetrators against Natalee get brought to Justice, but that also those who were In Power and hindered this investigation are also brought to their knees.

Encourage him to show that Aruba is turning over a new leaf, wants to clear its name, and do the right thing by Natalee Holloway and her family.

That maybe, just maybe - after doing so, Aruba might enjoy the return of its tourism.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1284 on: September 28, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »

Now is the time for this new party to investigate what went on on their slimy island AND most importantly what happened to Natalee and why she has not been returned to her family and country.  Would go a long way in clearing their name some (nothing will clear it completely with me).  Hope this brings down several ex-pats living on their island.  They are as guilty as the ousted party IMO.

I couldn't agree with you more, Blue Moon!!!!!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: September 28, 2009, 08:50:35 AM »

Not only am I thrilled for what this could mean to Natalee's family, but I'm also very happy for the Aruban people.

No one deserves to live under a Dictatorship - such as was Nelson Oduber.

No one deserves to live in fear.

No one should have to live their life in accordance with the Good Ole Boy's far reaching crushing thumb.

Kudos to Aruba for doing the right thing for themselves - and hopefully for Natalee as well.

Perhaps those who lived in fear of the Powers That Be (Thank God they are no more!!!) will now feel comfortable to come forward with what they know of the events the night Natalee went missing. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1286 on: September 28, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »

To avoid any misunderstandingss ... to avoid being scammed ... I now ask the hard questions prior to donating an amount larger than $10.00 to any fund.  I have learned to remind myself that we have all been blessed not only with a giving heart but with the ability to decern.

I have learned through personal experience.  Two years ago ... I unintentionally contributing substantially to furthering an Aruban agenda ... an Aruban agenda that I opposed ... an Aruban agenda that was preventing justice from prevailing for a missing 18 year old American named Natalee Holloway.

Janet

++++++

A REMINDER

A TALE OF THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:  I took the proportions of the body form from the head, to shoulder, to a 90 degree angle which I believed to be the hem line of Natalee's skirt. I then took those proportions and matched them to the photo of Natalee with what she was last seen wearing. The proportions matched within an inch from head, to shoulder, to skirt line. Based on this comparison and with what we believed we saw in the Dec 29th video, Tim Miller contacted the family and told them the 99.9% comment. I told Tim not to do anything until we have forensic results back after the site is processed. Jan 7th we sampled the contents and in my opinion we found the skirt under the sand along with the other items The blue fabric was found right where the skirt is pictured. If it isn't her, it will forever haunt me as a major cosmic WTF.

Kyle Kingman:  For Jan 7th, Eduardo wasn't on the boat, neither were any media, Tim Miller, or Tim Trahan.

Kyle Kingman: The Persistence had no divers on the 7th. Tim Trahan was our diver on the 30th-Dec, but he was out of the country at the time. The Aruban divers were on the police boat, dove from their boat, and returned to their boat.

Kyle Kingman:  I requested all samples to be brought on board the Persistence for visual and top-side photographs. It was ignored by the project lead (John S.) who felt the Arubans would follow whatever they needed to do as far as proper protocol.

Kyle Kingman: The fabric(s?) are not visible on either the Dec 29th or 30th dives. There is about an inch of sand over the fabrics. The fabrics are completely covered. The diver sampled the sand and found the fabric underneath the sand.

Kyle Kingman: I get done in the survey room backing up the ROV dive and head to the back deck to talk to the Polis divers and see what they sampled and see the Polis boat way in the distance heading away fast. John doesn't seem concerned at all, but I am very dissapointed, concerned, and burning inside because I have a feeling that I/we will never know what they took from the trap. That evening I talked to John asking when we plan on recovering the trap. Previously this was part of the talks and plan, but this time he doesn't seem concerned about ever looking into the trap further. After John verbally BASHED me about the trap for what I said to Tim Miller about the sand body-form and that I believed her skirt was under the sand, John pretty much committed himself to the belief the trap wasn't what we were after. This shocked me because it was exactly what we were looking for- a fish trap lost at sea with human remains.

Kyle Kingman:  I was told to move forward and to forget about the trap. I was told not to show anyone the images.

Kyle Kingman:  John is not a believer in the trap. He took ALE's word as gospel that it wasn't case related, yet never studied the videos or bothered to inquire further. He had plans on doing business with Aruba and in S. America and he didn't want to hurt any feelings by talks hinting at lack of complete trust and friendship. I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: September 28, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »

Kermit ... where are ya!  I hope all is well.

Hey ... my DIL and I have come to a roadblock in our almost completed work regarding various aspects of the Persistence betrayal.  We could sure use your background knowledge and archives to clear up some confusion.

Ribbit.

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1288 on: September 28, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

Kermit ... where are ya!  I hope all is well.

Hey ... my DIL and I have come to a roadblock in our almost completed work regarding various aspects of the Persistence betrayal.  We could sure use your background knowledge and archives to clear up some confusion.

Ribbit.

Janet

Be happy to help in anyway I can.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: September 28, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

Thanks Kermit.

We are still in the process of attempting to simply connect all segments of the document (mini book).  If this is not possible ... separate sections is where it will be at.  My DIL's former instructor at the local university is coming over later to assist us.  It has been all so overwhelming as teacher DIL has just so much time to devote to the project.  However ... there appears to finally be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I am compiling what I will require from you in regards to some background knowledge as well as archives that will back up and ... will post within the next couple of days.

Thanks again for your willingness to assist.

an angelic monkey

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1290 on: September 28, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »

This is a few more of the election related Amigoe articles from Saturday.  They didn't have them all posted when I checked there on Saturday.  I hope I didn't repeat anything, please forgive me if I did.

All are Google translations:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63017.php

Historic win AVP

September 26, 2009, 13:46 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Mike Eman Celebrating with the AVP supporters just before his victory speech at Cas di Partido.

ORANGE CITY - The numbers speak for themselves: 26,485 votes, more than 6673 government party MEP, resulting in a sample of winning twelve seats for AVP. Of the largest opposition party was ten o'clock and two seats immediately rest seats. It was a historic victory for AVP: the party never won a majority of twelve seats in parliament.

In all voting districts was the Green Party an improvement, with an average of 40 percent, resulting in the constant cheering supporters that flock to the results on the big screens had come and watch. Traffic around the party house was stuck by honking cars. "Who said that AVP has an absolute majority has never been able to achieve this phone now!" Exulted leader Mike Eman (58) during his victory speech at the party house in Rancho ASF. The Green Party after the elections in 2005 had eight seats in parliament.

Biggest loser was the MEP that eight to eleven seats duikelde who currently has a restzetel. In total the government party won 19,812 votes. Other losers were both RED and MPA and therefore lost a seat in parliament not return. That while these parties in advance that they thought just more seats at the expense of the major parties would achieve. That was the idea of PDR leader Andin Bikker, although for the first parliament was elected, but nevertheless relied on more seats.

Mike Eman, the proposed new Prime Minister of Aruba congratulated Bikker earned his seat. "On the evening parties have made a less good result, I would say that it belongs to the realities of politics."

Eman spoke to also conciliatory towards the supporters of opponent MEP. "The followers of MEP are not guilty of the past eight years, that their leaders. I invite them to participate in the cambio. "Eman also thanked in particular the" Latino community ", which was well represented at the festivities, and he spoke a word of thanks to the Haitian community in Patois. Tomorrow celebrates her victory with the AVP traditional procession of the winning party.

Repeating history
MEP leader and Prime Minister Nelson Oduber had no congratulations. He laid the blame for the loss of his party in the Netherlands and partly Valero. The Dutch government would by the terms of notice required of a corruption investigation in mixed Aruban affairs, said Oduber. And Valero CEO Bill Klees from just before the elections closed the refinery in San Nicolas to have parties have chosen. Oduber got in his speech that was exclusively reserved for the party minded Canal 22, a lot tonight from the AVP. That was its unrealistic promises once again trying to make true, says MEP leader.

The history would also have repeated. Just as in 1985 when the refinery in Aruba and also closed a crisis hit, the MEP had a high price to pay in the election, he says. While the yellow party had just ensured that Aruba was a country, said Oduber. In any case, in 2009 'lies and materialism "beating, said the outgoing premier.

The voting results are preliminary, Wednesday, the Electoral Council announced the final results in a public session.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63018.php

ARUBA

Foreign interest

September 26, 2009, 13:49 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Aruban parliamentary elections in the Netherlands receive the necessary attention. Several newspapers including Volkskrant and NRC Handelsblad write about the 'electoral victory of the Aruban People's Party ". Advance in the Netherlands were also divided on the conduct and outcome. So yesterday was on Radio 1 to hear James stark, former director of the Forsa Antillean interest group thinks that "corruption in Aruba will continue, which party wins there. Council member of the Christian Union Evelin-Pierre Dumfries was positive. According Dumfries Aruba has already been achieved in recent years, but "we must not forget that a country in development. The relationship with the Netherlands is listed in each article. The expectation in the Dutch media that the relationship between the countries will improve significantly under the rule of AVP-leader Mike Eman.

From the Dutch government has not yet responded to the outcome of the election. This morning was a reaction of the Antillean government not known.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63013.php

ARUBA

Emotional poll Mike Eman

September 26, 2009, 13:01 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "I miss my mother." ASF party leader Mike Eman shows his emotions run wild when after a question from the press to indicate that this is his first election since the death of his mother Blanche Eman-Hartogh. The party leader, his wife and Doina Neagoy his brother, former Prime Minister Henny Eman voted one hours around midday in Colegio Arubano. They were in their way to the polling station accompanied by virtually all candidates on the list of AVP and the largest crowd of supporters of the day. The press gave Eman already indicated twelve seats to be expected. "I've worked on a plan and a team from a broad standing within our community can enjoy." Earlier in the day the candidates of the Green Party and their respective supporters to the polls. Paul Croes agreed Scol Prearatorio Washington, Michelle Winklaar Centro di Bario in Tanki Leendert and Lijstduwer Yrausquin Juan David spent his vote in the St. Aloysius School in North.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63023.php

MEP: "Lies and materialism have won '

September 26, 2009, 13:54 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Yesterday morning voted MEP leader and Prime Minister Nelson Oduber has full confidence and was especially significant in Santa Cruz partied. Last night around one hours, when almost all polling stations were counted, the party bastion was now changed into a ghost town.

ORANGE CITY - Was there on the main road from Santa Cruz yesterday a long file of MEP optimistic supporters, tonight against one hours' night was the bastion of the ruling party completely abandoned. Across the birth cradle "of Betico Croes, where number three on the list Evelyn Wever-Croes honkte weeks, someone has left a portable stereo. Slow music resounds 80 years on the empty patch, while in the chair with a large "E" of Evelyn, a crumpled flag is left.

by our reporter
Sharina Henriquez

There is nobody in sight for a first response. Further on gives Finance Minister Nilo Swaen (MEP) at home. He sits with his feet on a chair in the backyard with some supporters and surprised about the high number of invalid votes - more than 9000 - that is communicated by Tele Aruba on a big screen that he has hung. A reaction to yellow after the disastrous party vote, he would not give. On the other side it is party. At the home of "Mama Ties', the mother of ex-AVP-Tico Croes Minister and parliamentarian aunt of Andy Lee, number four on the green list, fireworks.

Party leader and Prime Minister Nelson Oduber and his family have been locked in his house in Pontoon and his son let his father know that none of the press to speak. Surprisingly Oduber one hours later to see the new TV channel Canal 22, Edmond Croes, family Betico Croes. It is not an interview but a monologue from the couch, next to him and his wife Glenda and son behind him, standing with arms folded, his most loyal supporters. Oduber said this morning during the release of his voice again: "We will win. Today comes an end to all corruption and disrespectful messages are published on the Prime Minister. "Tonight is his story that" lies and materialism "have won. "After eight years, the people govern our democratic reign assess. The people had the choice this time between an honest government that tells the truth and opponents who operate on the basis of lies, promises, accusations without evidence and aided by the Dutch government has intervened in the elections for Aruban affairs by announcing a review .

Dismissal
The leader of the yellow party announces that on October 31 the government's resignation to the governor so. Oduber said to want peace now, but calls the "party militia" in order to voice objections today to begin. "Make stickers stating cumpli awo! (satisfies now!, ed). "Because Oduber would still show winner or AVP can deliver its promises. "We will ensure that they are now, by November, in fact abolish the BBO. That they under state pension and to double in 1500 and to dismiss officials. But we respect the outcome. The Aruban community has a majority decided to opt for these promises. "

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63022.php

ARUBA

AVP party mainly of relief

September 26, 2009, 13:53 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The vote of the majority of polling around half past ten last night and the familiar atmosphere of Cas di Partido is a festive word. Happy people, drunk friends who fall into each other's arms. Arubans, Latinos, occasionally a Dutchman. It is only a matter of time before the final, but won every ballot by AVP (and there are many) on the giant screen disclosed, as a welcome goal.

by our reporter
Ariën Rasmijn

There's victory in the air, but a sense of relief. Beloved address each bite and not let go, strangers congratulate each other. A pagara placed on the street with loud jeers and chipped. Colleague Nelson's Speed Andrade blissful smile can not lose and takes photos of the revelers. Once the stage is prepared, the master of ceremonies announces that this year millions of trees and rental cars have voted and that no foreign AVP band needs to bring people to the bone. The audience responds enthusiastically. Meanwhile, some candidates have been and are congratulated by the exuberant audience. Shortly afterwards there was time. Mike Eman arrives in his SUV, half climbs on the roof and it is a madhouse. Once on stage he keeps his speech. It does not matter that he half pulled out of sight because of a massive cameraman for him. Nothing is more out. AVP has won. When he announces that half the party won twelve seats the party can not go wrong.

Campaigning
The candidates of the Aruban People's Party showed yesterday during the day, as in any event during their long campaign, their team spirit by looking at each other and act together. While leader Mike Eman yet to arrive at the polling station of Colegio Arubano, some candidates make their appearance. They had already voted. Other candidates, such as Michelle and Juan David Winklaar Yrausquin are not. A large group of supporters is Richard Visser is already there in his bus di Salud and draws the green shirts of young fans after his radio interview. Paul Croes gets a warm welcome at his old school ground. Andy Lee is there. The excitement is high when the honking of the upcoming parade of Mike Eman heard. The leader and his wife are to radiate the same as black jeep in the parade. When the pressure is blown off to the school fence. Once inside the pressure remains for the press. In presence of his brothers, his wife, Andy Lee and Paul Croes Eman can not restrain the tears when his deceased mother in 2006 is discussed. "I had wished that she was with us today, but I feel that she is here with us." More than this he will not hereafter.

Roundabout
At the roundabout of Pos Chiquito, the flame in the pan are flown, said callers to MEP station TOP 95. AVP supporters were moving long-MEP Istas harassment and the police would just stand there without doing anything. From Santa Cruz, a group of "commandos" way to order things in order, says the channel. Once there in the afternoon see the Amigoe that the road actually a large group of people about to bawl ASF against car driving with MEP flags and stickers. An agent reports that no incidents have happened. "It's the same in every election," he says laconically. And indeed, despite occasionally being abused over and again the atmosphere is anything but grim. These commands are never arrived. A school bus with MEP supporters are welcomed by a man with a broom to clean the road. "Bari nan joke!" Candidate Manolo Besselink can be seen here for some contact with supporters. There are still a few hours ahead to win votes.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63021.php

ARUBA

PDR: A 'disappointing' triumph

September 26, 2009, 13:51 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Just before the final outcome is PDR leader Andin Bikker members met with waving hands, who received him with open arms and congratulate. "We have grown and we have a seat, so I'm happy. But I had hoped for more ", says Bikker. He is alluding to the three seats he had predicted yesterday afternoon. PDR achieved according to preliminary vote counts 3140.

by our reporter
Mariska Bechis

In the previous elections did Partido Democracia Real (PDR) in an office after 23 votes to win. Yesterday was the party succeeded. However the disappointment was big, because now everybody at least two and as it was even three seats counted. By Bikker emotions were shared. "I find it remarkable how it went, but this is a triumph. This result shows that our work recognized by the people. This is also a signal to me of the people that I want to see at a certain position, "said the party leader. Despite these words of Bikker, not everyone is yet to cheer. "Nothing has changed, because we go from one to another majority. Although we have taken a seat, I'm sad because we have worked for three seats, "said José Lino Gonzalez (43), a disappointed member of the party.

So despite the media attention for PDR, Bikker and congratulations to the popping of champagne, the atmosphere at the house party in Northern relatively quiet year as earlier in the evening had been. When sounded just like cheering and clapping after each PDR positive results which came both from within and outside the party house. Bikker followed within in the company of his wife and members monitor the results on television. Outside the broadcast was projected on a white screen, so the rest of the attendees who also could follow.

However, PDR during the election clearly a different side of himself show. Thus Andin Bikker morning with loud cheers, loud music and lots of companionship to the Colegio Arubano in Oranjestad supervised. Also Serge Mansur, second in PDR-list, has afternoon arrival are not let go unnoticed by the EPB Hato having county rights. Flink honking of cars with flags and PDR even after the hard drumming of a group of youngsters were part of the voting scenario. Serge Mansur himself was also too good to talk. "I'm very positive about this election, because I believe that today a good result would be reaped the benefit of Aruba." Contrast was third on the list of PDR Gregory Lacle hardly supporters along. He closed quietly with wife, children and a few members PDR-back of the line and waited quietly for his turn.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63019.php

ARUBA

Disappointment for MPA

September 26, 2009, 13:50 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "A big surprise and disappointment," said the leader of MPA Monica Kock. Kock left around half past twelve at night the MPA office in Orange City. "It was clear that the ASF would be victorious." MPA lost one seat and gained according to preliminary vote counts in 2443, fewer votes than the party expected.

by our reporter
Shade Cybulkiewicz

"Apparently, the people still have traditional politics," says Kock. "House visits, going to funerals and organizing big events is what the people have touched." It is the party leader of the pink party was certainly a setback. "The people did all the work I've done in recent years not appreciated. It will have a reason. "Kock congratulates the winning party can and wish her all the best.

According to Glen Lande at number three on the list of MPA, the loss would also partly to a lack of funds are. "I think what we at the next election rather need to start preparing for the campaign." Lande think it is still important to invest in campaigning. "It seems that what the people achieved." Lande also remains positive: "This setback will certainly not end with MPA. We keep our best and hope to get more votes next election. "The most junior of MPA and all other parties Dorothal Rich Ella (22) was also disappointing that MPA is faced with this loss. "It will have a reason," said Dorothal. "I hope it goes to a good cause."

MPA had this setback is not expected. The party was counting on many more votes, but the results showed what else. morning Kock was still very optimistic as they reached the Cayena-kindergarten and her two daughters and a large group of supporters going to vote. Kock: "We go for the 10,000 votes." De Kock nerves were under no. "I am very optimistic and am sure we will get far in these elections."

On the audit of the vote in Cayena-kindergarten Kock was not so happy. It took the workers were outside the polling station to cast the control, very difficulty to hear what the workers inside the room omriepen. Their task is to voice the song to write and verify. When Kock noted that she had disagreed. Kock: "Well how can employees do their job well if they can not hear what is listed inside." This led to the voters in the queue asked to be quieter, so the workers could do their job well.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63011.php

ARUBA

Loud voice PDR

September 26, 2009, 12:59 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY-PDR-leader Andin Bikker has cast his vote yesterday in the Colegio Aruba in Oranjestad. At half past eleven in the morning he came in, accompanied by a large following and loud music. Among many cheers Bikker told a very good feeling about this election to have. "I think we are winning at least three seats. We have long campaigned for four years, the team is brand new and the message this year is much better come over ", says Bikker. Although the music was very loud and quite close to the polling station was, says Bikker to have had no complaints from the police. Bikker: "The police were aware of this scenario and they liked it, but if the amplifiers were outside the agreed 50 meter." Yet complained at one point a member of the polling station, because of noise caused PDR. "When we have immediately turned the music", says Bikker.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63020.php

ARUBA

Rudy Lampe (RED): "More of the same '

September 26, 2009, 13:50 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "Aruba has chosen to maintain the political status quo. For more of the same. "It says clearly disappointed Rudy Lampe, leader of RED, last night after the results of the elections was clear. The political party of Lampe obtained according to preliminary vote counts in 2371, over 200 not enough to meet the threshold. RED result, the current seat and loses the coming reign of parliament disappears.

by our reporter
Alex Lacle

At the headquarters of the party vote was printed last night. After the removal of nearly half of all polling stations inside, it was clear that for RED would be very difficult to have a seat to win. The few people on the street cede in Belgium were present, looked into the garden together to the election results. Rudy Lampe was then not available for comment. "He is busy coordinating our people at the polling stations," said Luigi Bergen party. Bergen said the outcome in a first response 'disappointing'.

Trend
After a few hours later, most results were in, Lampe has joined with his people. He announced sorry to find that their message has not been echoed in the population. "We have a very explicit change in the political system is proposed. Our message is not received. Or maybe come over, but the people have chosen a different direction. "Lampe finds it" remarkable "that the population for the third consecutive time to choose a party gets a majority in parliament. It is a striking choice, said the party leader and he wonders whether it might be a trend. "Are we a kind of two-party system where each time a party wins, such as the United States?"

What does RED do, now they have lost seat in parliament, Lampe know yet. "About four weeks we have a meeting of members of RED Democratico. Members must decide on the future of RED. I dare to say anything about that now. "He thinks that there should be well considered and analyzed why the party" in this situation "ended up. Anyway, it is a disappointing outcome for the father. "We did not expect," said Lampe. One of the attendees raised the father a shot in the arm and asked him to continue to concentrate his good work.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1291 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:35 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63069.php

Google translation:

Oduber Cabinet should resign by October 31

September 28, 2009, 15:54 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) and Governor Fredis Refunjol during their conversation last Saturday. It was the resignation of the Prime Minister in his cabinet.

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) has last Saturday the resignation of his entire cabinet offered to it to make room for the formation of a new government. He did this during a meeting with the governor Fredis Refunjol.

Last Friday-Saturday night announced the leader of the yellow party on October 31 that the government would submit her resignation. This morning, the Prime Minister during a press conference to know "until midnight" on that last day in power to continue. In that period the government would implement a number of issues "which we have lost during the elections. One is to as quickly as possible removing the bbo.

The conversation between the governor and Oduber Refunjol was in anticipation of the governor of the consultation discussions, which began today. During these discussions, the governor advised about the outcome of the elections and the formation of a new Cabinet. Today, the governor would take several consultations, including with the president and secretary of the Advisory Board, the President of the States and the leaders of the two largest groups in the new States will be represented, AVP and MEP.

The governor last Saturday, the chairman of the Electoral Council Hubert Maduro received. During their conversation, the governor informed about the conduct of the elections and the preliminary outcome.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1292 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63068.php

Google translation:

Turnout slightly lower

September 28, 2009, 15:53 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Oranjestad and San Nicolas voted last Friday fully green

ORANGE CITY - On the basis of provisional results - so would that of polling station 4, Cayena kindergarten have not officially - the turnout was 85.3 last Friday. That was slightly lower than in the previous parliamentary elections in 2005 when the percentage was 85.7. AVP-leader Mike Eman was again the most votes of all candidates (see page 5 for the top ten).

Of the 64,601 voters, 55,125 people who voted 629 votes were declared invalid. The 59 polling stations were divided into six voting districts: Northern, Orange City, Paradera, Santa Cruz, San Nicolas and Savaneta. AVP was supreme in Oranjestad and San Nicolas. In the twelve polling stations in Orange City was the Green Party the largest and so did the eight polling stations in San Nicolas. North was also almost entirely green, from the 14 polling stations had only MEP Kudawecha more primary votes than AVP. In Paradera went right on. At the polling station with the highest number of electors (voters in 1234), Intellectual Disability Office, won MEP. In Colegio Pastor Kranwinkel were two polling stations where a (polling station 29) MEP won by a margin of one vote (428-427 votes) of AVP and the other (polling station 30) the profits went to the Green Party. MEP remained supreme in the Santa Cruz having county rights and was therefore in eight polling the most votes. In ASF Savaneta got five of the nine polling the most votes.

The government was thus the outcome of polling station 4 is not official. Although this already on the site www.overheid.aw be seen, the president of the polling station would not have placed a sign which the outcome is not valid. Saturday showed public officer buvo know that official results be published this Wednesday, but earlier this morning showed that at the weekend will happen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1293 on: September 28, 2009, 08:28:42 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63066.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

AVP exuberant victory parade

September 28, 2009, 15:52 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - A supporter of the ASF way symbolically wipe clean during the victory parade of the Green Party. Yesterday the left "parada di victoria" from San Nicolas, along Savaneta Pos Chiquito and the junction of the Drive-Inn. Then it went through an almost deserted-looking MEP stronghold Paradera to Santa Cruz, to end at Havana Beach Club in Oranjestad. That was long after sunset ASF celebrated the historic victory. The parade was great this time, though with some big holes. It went quiet are released. The police reported four arrests following two minor scuffles near the roundabout of Pos Chiquito. The fights were not politically motivated, it would be old quarrels, said police chief Peter de Witte.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1294 on: September 28, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63065.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Police pleased with progress elections

September 28, 2009, 15:51 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "We previously hoped that everybody's opinion and would respect the election. That has happened and we can all rejoice. "Thus says the police chief Peter White who showed his satisfaction over the conduct of the elections.

The campaign period started early, said the chief, and there are "incredible" many events. The White is very pleased about the deal with the party leadership is ultimately made no longer organize car parades. The following licenses initially to both AVP and MEP were issued at September 13 parades on the road to keep and what also strong criticism of the chief led among others Prime Minister Nelson Oduber. It was also here Sunday that "exciting", says De Witte, when MEP supporters wanted to organize an illegal parade. But it eventually went well. The election went well according to the chief. "A turnout of 85, if you land there should be very proud. In a few incidentjes after, as at St. Aloysius College, where she also not released, however, was quiet. "Even when the detainees went well, said De Witte. They could at mobile polling stations in Oranjestad, San Nicolas and KIA in prison to vote.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: September 28, 2009, 08:43:11 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63063.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

CBB: Many complaints about election propaganda

September 28, 2009, 15:50 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - CBB received a large amount of complaints about the placement of advertising material such as flags and signs on them inappropriate places, including public land. There were also complaints about the removal of flags or steal by political opponents and harassment in relation to place signs.

This has Emerencia Lydia, president of Comishon Bon Boluntad (CBB), announced in a press release containing a summary of the complaints in the last Parliament when the committee had received.

According Emerencia CBB has raised these issues several times and was on Department Public Works (DOW) has called for steps to take to the campaign materials from public spaces away. "So far this has not led to many operations of this department, although the director has announced that they would do so", said Emerencia, the arson of the trailer for AVP candidate Benny Sevinger with a Molotov cocktail as most serious violation calls.

CBB would have received many complaints about how political parties occupy the road stickers to hand out. "In some cases, roundabouts, and to complete without authorization," said Emerencia. These activities particularly in the weekend took place caused by her great inconvenience to road users who wanted nothing else than from one place to another to come. "It caused the traffic that cause many people felt compelled to be explicit when they served were not there. It is anything but pleasant when you are forced to say yes or no to the offer propaganda material. In many cases it was not unknown to people in the community who do not want to be branded or not material because they would have adopted, "said Emerencia.

CBB also received many complaints about the media. Thus copyrighted material illegally used and the flag of Aruba in a TV spot burned by the suggestion that a political opponent would have done, but this was not the case. Also on ugly names of political opponents and insinuations about the private life and sexual preferences of a trustee would be heard by the CBB, as did allegations of receiving funds from the government for the lease of a building, what the complainant pertinent would not be true. In not all cases, CBB received information suggesting that the complaint was based on truth. But she knows that in some cases all legal steps have been taken.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: September 28, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63064.php

Correction

September 28, 2009, 15:50 (GMT -04:00)

In the edition of last Saturday was the front-page "Historical ASF victory" shows that party leader Mike Eman 58 years old would be. This was a miscalculation, he is ten years younger, ie 48 years old.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: September 28, 2009, 08:47:42 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63062.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Censo: '9000 Invalid votes nonsense '

September 28, 2009, 15:49 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "Tele Aruba has uitgekraamd nonsense. There is no 9000 invalid votes in 9000 but non-voters. The number of invalid votes is 629, "said Sharlin Luydens, Director of Civil Status, Censoring, and member of the Electoral Council. "If there really were 9000 invalid votes than we had been declared the election invalid." Last Friday was Tele Aruba presenter Ivo Yanez ever proclaim that 9000 votes were declared invalid. "I do not know about how they have missed," said Luydens further says that "very tired" to have. "We have worked 48 hours in a row. I have no voice left. "However it is very positive about the way her department has worked. "It went super well. Censo, for its part, 100 percent performance. While it might have gone wrong is not our fault, but to other services. "

The unofficial result has been known since Saturday. The official result was as stated by law, five days after the election, so be announced next Wednesday. But that happens a few days later. "We are only human. We also can rest a little bit, "said Sharlin Luydens.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: September 28, 2009, 08:57:09 PM »

I find that hard to believe.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63060.php

ARUBA

Cruise tourism has increased significantly

September 28, 2009, 15:47 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Despite the global economic crisis Aruba Cruise Tourism reported that the number of cruise tourists this year has increased substantially. In July the number rose by 7 percent and 33 percent in August compared to same months in 2008.

These are the tourists and crew employed on the cruise. Both the cruise tourists and employees of the cruise investment in the economy of the island. They spend money on excursions, car rentals, restaurants and other facilities on the island. According to Aruba Aruba Cruise Tourism would very much value as tourist product. This year there were four cruise ship visits over last year and five more in August. Now cruise tourists the opportunity to Aruba on a promotional movie to watch on the website www.ArubaByCruise.com. The movie is the tourist information in English about what Aruba as holiday island to all visitors to offer.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1299 on: September 28, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »

http://centreonphilanthropy.com/event.php?id=180&t=

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.