March 28, 2024, 06:20:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 408357 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1500 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

DAVE HOLLOWAY - THE TRAVEL BOYCOTT - THE ENTIRE  STORY

PRIOR TO THE HOLLOWAY/MARK PURCELL CONNECTION

1.  09/05 - DENOUNCING THE BOYCOTT

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 156/157:  It is true that we have not been happy with the way the investigation into Natalee's disappearance was going, but we had no gripe with the general population.  ... That is why I felt uncomfortable supporting a boycott.

On September 19, 2005, I met with Taylor Northrop.  The Aruban government hired him for damage control.  He was working with the Strategic Communications Task Force which was comprised of approximately thirteen members of the community, including government spokesperson Rueben Trappenburg, Rob Smith of the Aruban Hospitality & Security Foundation, and other business and political leaders.  Taylor thanked me for the press interview I had given denouncing the boycott and advised me that it made his job easier.

2.  11/05 - UPHOLDING THE BOYCOTT WITH RESERVATIONS

Page 194/195:  On November 8, 2005, Alabama Governor Bob Rile held a televised press conference with Beth and Jug Twitty at his side during which he called for a travel boycott of Aruba.  He also urged all fifty states to back him in the boycott, stating, "Until their lack of law enforcement practices can be evalutation, and until they offer some resolution in the Natalee's case, tourists are not safe in Aruba or any Dutch Territories."

While I still had mixed feelings about a boycott, I stood strong in supporting my government in any decisions they made.  The people of Aruba have elected their officials, and their officials have spoken.  We elect our officials, and they have decided what is necessary for the people.

3.  12/05 - BOYCOTT ARUBA!!

Page 196:  Considering all that had transpired, I changed my position.  In early December 2005, I called Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour's office to ask that he join Alabama Governor Bob Riley and Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee in the travel boycott of Aruba.  Since that time, Georgia Governor Sonny Purdue has also come on board in support of the boycott.  However, I had waitied over a month to hear back from Governor Barbour when he made an announcement that he will not join in on the boycott.  I am surprised that he never responded to me, and I am truly disappointed that he does not feel a boycott is warranted.

I can no longer sit on the fence on this issue.  It has not been an easy decision for me to make.  But I need to know what happened to my daughter, and I do believe that a boycott may be the only way we will get anybody over there to talk to us or to turn in the people who are reponsible for her disappearance.

FOLLOWING THE HOLLOWAY/MARK PURCELL CONNECTION

1.  06/07 - FLIP FLOP

Robin Holloway - June 19, 2007

The Boycott
« Today at 02:13:11 PM »

We want to thank every single person who have tried so hard for us to get the answers for Natalee. She did not deserve to be taken away from us and she should be home with us living her life. Your support means so much to us. It is humbling to see how many people from all over the world have embraced Natalee.

We realize some of you will not agree, but as much as we want to know what happened to Natalee, Dave and I no longer support a boycott of Aruba. We thank everyone who did so on our behalf, but it is no longer necessary to do so for Dave or me. We realize it is an individual choice, but please try to see it from our perspective. In our opinion, the boycott has caused a lot of hurt for a lot of innocent people in Aruba who do not deserve that.

We asked a long time ago for ALE to involve Holland with the investigation. That has happened and we have been advised they are still working on Natalee's case and following up on all leads. They have done what we asked them to do. We have to find out what happened to Natalee and have to have faith that is what they are doing now with the investigation. We will never give up until we find out the truth!

Thank you again for all the support here. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and keep helping us try to find answers for Natalee.

Dave and Robin

http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7123.0

2.  06/07 - MARK PURCELL APPLAUDS

MIP6 (Mark Purcell) - June 19, 2007

Re: The Boycott
« Today at 03:23:29 PM »

Dave & Robin,

I applaud you for this bold move in speaking out against a boycott of Aruba & her people.

The time is now for everyone on all forums to come together and see this for what it is, a chance to work together to find the truth to help bring Natalee home.

This is truly a turning point in opening new lines of communication among the internet families that have come together in really a single cause, Natalee, yet we have been divided for one reason or another.

As I have been in the past I will continue to be in the future here to assist if I can in finding answers to help bring Natalee home.

Thank you both for making this post to let the Internet community know that you do not support hurting or hatred in Natalee’s name.

http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7123.0

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1501 on: October 04, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »

Dave Holloway and Robin backtracked on thier decision to support the voluntary travel boycott to Aruba.  The economic suffering of the Aruban was their concerned ... not the "other" American Natalees who would be at risk while vacationing in Aruba.

Natalee Holloway's father concedes in his own words in Corruption in Paradise that he would have prevented his daughter from travelling to Aruba if he had only known that justice on the Island was elusive?

Janet

++++

Page 202:
  Had we been knowledgeable about the severe limitations of foreign investigations, we would have prevented our daughter from making the trip to Aruba.  Unfortunately, we learned too late.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1502 on: October 04, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »

Natalee's father and stepmother flip flopped on their decision to support the volunary boycott of Aruba.

I cannot comprehend why Dave and Robin Holloway put the economic hardships of the Aruban people ... the Aruban people who refused to collectively put pressure on the "powers that be" to afford Natalee a just investigation ... ahead the well-being/safety of other American "Natalee" who would choose Aruba as their vacation destination of choice.

Could their long time friend Mark Purcell hold the answers?

Janet

++++++

Page 9
:  In fact, he (Dennis Jacobs) was so confident that she was just partying it up or on drugs that he told us this particular bar would be the best place to find her. However, he did warn us to watch our drinks very carefully, adding that sometimes people put drugs into them.

Page 10:  While customers must pass by a bouncer at the door, there was no indication that he was stopping anyone from entering. The bar was packed with teenagers doing Jell-O shots and sleazy-looking island boys preying on the beautiful young female tourist.  ... I did not want to stay inside, so we hung out around the street corners. In less than two hours, we probably experienced at least ten to fifteen offers from various drug dealers who wanted us to buy from them.

Page 16:  During our daylight searches throughout the island, our group came across many abandoned houses where drug addicts had left razors and other drug paraphernalia. Some were filled with foul smelling odors, feces, urine, cardboard boxes they used as blankets or beds, and general trash. One of those houses was located right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald’s.  ... Several times, people came into the hotel to meet with other locals and an apparent drug deal was taking place. The person would come in to scope out the area prior to doing the deal.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: October 04, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »

Beth Holloway gets it!  This amazing woman reaches out beyond her pain and ... warns others.

Janet

+++++

Pages 209/210:
  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive ...

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1504 on: October 04, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »

iris 44
Re: To Scared Monkeys...
« Reply #273 on: Today at 12:53:01 pm »

I heard a discussion on the radio the other day regarding the type of people that believe these conspiracy theories and are fearful of the government, etc.  They said that people who feel like they are not in control of their own lives are susceptible to these sort of tangents.   Seems to make sense.

http://goldmonkey.org/index.php?topic=1110.270

NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S FATHER

Dave Holloway - Corruption in Paradise

Page 173:
  It apears that many of the people involved with the investigation into Natalee's disappearance are either corrupt, incompetent, or are pursuing an agenda different from finding Natalee

Page 183:  I commented to Jacobs about how short my statement was. He said that I could add anything I wanted to it. Also, I noticed that Eric Soemers's name was on it, but that detective was not even present during the interview. Now I wondered if Jacobs was making up everyone's statement and getting Eric to sign on to them. If that were the case, he could state anything he wanted, and it would look like an official statement made in front of a witness.

On the Record w/ Greta - April 11, 2006

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S FATHER: Oh, the media was our best friend. If it hadn't been for the media this thing would have been swept under the table the very first day and we'd have been calling back to Aruba "Have you heard anything? Have you heard anything?" I truly believe that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191377,00.html

NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER

Page 158:
  The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Dr. Phil Show - January 29, 2006

Beth Holloway Twitty:  "There are times when we're thinking that we need to continue, and of course we're still searching for answers, but it's this rollercoaster ride. And it makes me so angry, Dr. Phil, when I let myself fall for information coming out of an official who represents the island of Aruba. If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating."

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=?id=&slide=3&null=null

'Scarborough Country' - October 23, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: They never—they never wanted to implicate these three young men.  They never wanted to implicate them from the beginning. And there is a list of reasons, you know, why we know that is true.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9796403/from/RL.2/

Iris

I do believe that you adhere to a double standard in regards to the Aruban 'powers that be" ... one in regards to Natalee Holloway's parents ... one in regards to Monkeys.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1505 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24:46 AM »

10/5/2009 Awe Mainta Page 3

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

question cu we is achieve, after cu ahata owing to named after james hepple because; chairman y ceo new after of 60 year in turism, still not have one aruban for become chairman y ceo of ahata?

for of one conocido observador of all desaroyo in we comunidad, we owing to achieve one notice, cu the peticion for work on dje. the observador here, because the is one person very conoci owing to prefera of stay anonimo. because; cu we of awemainta is comparti his opinion, we is mand’e because; one articulo redaccional also.

t’asina cu day 16 of september 2009, owing to leave in prensa ( the.o. in awemainta) one ad where ahata is solicita chairman y ceo new. y cu personanan interesa can solicita first cu 24 august 2009.

miranda cu the fechanan do not good, … do you not can saca one ad day 16 september, y do you have to solicita first cu 24 august, the observador here owing to send the ceo of ahata one e-mail where past owing to bise cu the fechanan do not good.

past owing to lagami know cu they owing to using the ad old, but they will “reprimi” one ad new y monday 21 september one ad new will leave.

for surprise, day 19 september i have read in awemainta cu already end ahata is anuncia orguyosamente his chairman y ceo new in the person james richard hepple. this the is achieve much odd, because is seems cu ahata is play game.

do you not can place one ad hour do you have a apunta end. is where we is bay? this t’e cos cu is place cu person local do not solicita, because they're think cu already end have person apunta.y this is demostra cu they have razon.

one another cos cu my also is ask about is, cu after of more cu 60 year in turism, still aruba not have one person cu can ocupa the posicion here, esta of chairman y ceo of ahata?

aparte of esey we is happen in one season dificil y this also can wordo help for one aruban. are you believe cu the is echt necesario for busca one person cu is in hunta directiva of asociacion of turism of st. lucia for become chairman of ahata at aruba?

my know cu hour the cos here “surfice” will do you bay hear of ahata con good the person here is y is cuanto diploma the will have. my not know that the sir james hepple is y i have all respect pe. but i am tell con i is mire. the posicion here have to is for one aruban or a cu is work or arrive of work (basta tempo) at aruba. james richard hepple owing to work at corsow also, y for of time cu the was work at corsow, his name owing to being menciona because; candidato for become chairman y ceo of ahata, but ahata owing to scoge the time ey for rob smith. wanted mean, rob smith was mihor cune, for cual past owing to achieve the posicion the time ey y now is give james richard hepple the oportunidad here? y kico past owing to haci for turism of corsow, for tell cu one person so ahata have have to? once more, nothing contra of person of james richard hepple, because as menciona, my not conoce, but so good the is, cu not have one aruban cu can haci the trabao here? the ultimo chairman, ceo aruban cu ahata owing to conoce was rory arends. after all is foreigner y still can corda con minister of turism actual, edison briesen y his colega minister of husticia, rudy croes owing to let know, time cu owing to give jorge pesquero permission, cu will dun’e permission cu condicion cu will named after one aruban near of his person because; contra-partner p’e learn for one aruban can wordo named after in future because; chairman y ceo of ahata. also kico is strañami is cu none person have remarca. can is cu everybody was ocupa cu eleccion? or door the t’e calor?

pesey today because; observador y can medio of awemainta the is denuncia the mature here, y cu ahata have to know cu they're of aruba not for crea trabao for another cu not owing to succeed nothing where they owing to work. if ahata is desea for we propone sikiera 2 candidato pe funcion here, behold the nombernan, sra. anabela peterson de sousa y even ed malone, that already is feel his self one aruban, already cu past owing to integra his self at aruba. y so self have more candidato cu can wordo menciona, but ahata have to come splica pakico they do not apto.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1506 on: October 05, 2009, 12:31:55 AM »

iris 44
Re: To Scared Monkeys...
« Reply #273 on: Today at 12:53:01 pm »

I heard a discussion on the radio the other day regarding the type of people that believe these conspiracy theories and are fearful of the government, etc.  They said that people who feel like they are not in control of their own lives are susceptible to these sort of tangents.   Seems to make sense.

http://goldmonkey.org/index.php?topic=1110.270

NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S FATHER

Dave Holloway - Corruption in Paradise

Page 173:
  It apears that many of the people involved with the investigation into Natalee's disappearance are either corrupt, incompetent, or are pursuing an agenda different from finding Natalee

Page 183:  I commented to Jacobs about how short my statement was. He said that I could add anything I wanted to it. Also, I noticed that Eric Soemers's name was on it, but that detective was not even present during the interview. Now I wondered if Jacobs was making up everyone's statement and getting Eric to sign on to them. If that were the case, he could state anything he wanted, and it would look like an official statement made in front of a witness.

On the Record w/ Greta - April 11, 2006

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S FATHER: Oh, the media was our best friend. If it hadn't been for the media this thing would have been swept under the table the very first day and we'd have been calling back to Aruba "Have you heard anything? Have you heard anything?" I truly believe that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191377,00.html

NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER

Page 158:
  The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us.

Dr. Phil Show - January 29, 2006

Beth Holloway Twitty:  "There are times when we're thinking that we need to continue, and of course we're still searching for answers, but it's this rollercoaster ride. And it makes me so angry, Dr. Phil, when I let myself fall for information coming out of an official who represents the island of Aruba. If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating."

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=?id=&slide=3&null=null

'Scarborough Country' - October 23, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: They never—they never wanted to implicate these three young men.  They never wanted to implicate them from the beginning. And there is a list of reasons, you know, why we know that is true.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9796403/from/RL.2/

Iris

I do believe that you adhere to a double standard in regards to the Aruban 'powers that be" ... one in regards to Natalee Holloway's parents ... one in regards to Monkeys.

Janet
As my dad always says...
Iris reminds me of the south end of a horse heading North....
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1507 on: October 05, 2009, 12:39:25 AM »

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-19146--14-14--.html

Reprinted from Caribbean Net News
caribbeannetnews.com

G20 may blacklist Caribbean regulatory havens
Published on Monday, October 5, 2009

ISTANBUL, Turkey (Reuters) -- The Group of 20 major nations may blacklist countries that have lax financial regulation and impose sanctions on them, mirroring its crackdown on tax havens, Chancellor Alistair Darling was quoted as saying.

"Just as we want to go after tax havens, we want to go after regulatory havens as well," Darling told Emerging Markets magazine in an interview published on Saturday.

"It is not good for financial stability that some companies can operate out of a Caribbean island, and shelter behind a veil of secrecy, and we don't know what they are up to."

Darling's remarks, some of the strongest yet on the issue by a senior G20 official, suggested the group was determined to impose financial reforms comprehensively around the globe to reduce the risk of another credit crisis.

The G20, which groups the United States and other rich countries along with developing nations such as China and India, is pushing for wide-ranging changes in financial regulation -- from bank capital standards and bankers' pay to corporate accounting rules and supervision of financial institutions.

Emerging Markets magazine said the Financial Stability Board, which coordinates the G20's regulatory initiatives, would prepare a "provisional blacklist" of regulatory havens by a meeting of G20 finance ministers in November, as well as a grey list of countries that also should tighten standards.

The FSB will suggest the use of positive sanctions, such as help with improving a country's regulatory capacity, as well as negative sanctions, such as raising the cost of doing business with banks in a blacklisted area, the magazine reported.

Darling, visiting Istanbul for a meeting of finance officials from the Group of Seven rich nations and the International Monetary Fund's semiannual meeting, was quoted as saying big institutions which triggered the credit crisis had traded in every corner of the globe.

"We have an interest in making sure that the regulatory regime is robust, so that you don't end up with banks falling between stools," he said.

"I am concerned about countries that don't have such robust regimes. As it becomes less and less clear what exactly their arrangements are, that could have quite a destabilising effect on other countries."

The G20's crackdown on tax havens has had considerable success. G20 leaders agreed in April to name and shame the world's tax havens with a public list, and threatened sanctions for countries not falling into line.

Since then, some European countries, such as Switzerland, have made concessions on bank secrecy laws in an effort to get off the list. On Thursday, the government of France said French banks had promised to close all their branches in jurisdictions considered to be tax havens from March 2010 onwards.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: October 05, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »

Thanks billb!  I agree with you, and your dad says it in a nice way!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1509 on: October 05, 2009, 01:10:28 AM »

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-19146--14-14--.html

Reprinted from Caribbean Net News
caribbeannetnews.com

G20 may blacklist Caribbean regulatory havens
Published on Monday, October 5, 2009

ISTANBUL, Turkey (Reuters) -- The Group of 20 major nations may blacklist countries that have lax financial regulation and impose sanctions on them, mirroring its crackdown on tax havens, Chancellor Alistair Darling was quoted as saying.

"Just as we want to go after tax havens, we want to go after regulatory havens as well," Darling told Emerging Markets magazine in an interview published on Saturday.

"It is not good for financial stability that some companies can operate out of a Caribbean island, and shelter behind a veil of secrecy, and we don't know what they are up to."

Darling's remarks, some of the strongest yet on the issue by a senior G20 official, suggested the group was determined to impose financial reforms comprehensively around the globe to reduce the risk of another credit crisis.

The G20, which groups the United States and other rich countries along with developing nations such as China and India, is pushing for wide-ranging changes in financial regulation -- from bank capital standards and bankers' pay to corporate accounting rules and supervision of financial institutions.

Emerging Markets magazine said the Financial Stability Board, which coordinates the G20's regulatory initiatives, would prepare a "provisional blacklist" of regulatory havens by a meeting of G20 finance ministers in November, as well as a grey list of countries that also should tighten standards.

The FSB will suggest the use of positive sanctions, such as help with improving a country's regulatory capacity, as well as negative sanctions, such as raising the cost of doing business with banks in a blacklisted area, the magazine reported.

Darling, visiting Istanbul for a meeting of finance officials from the Group of Seven rich nations and the International Monetary Fund's semiannual meeting, was quoted as saying big institutions which triggered the credit crisis had traded in every corner of the globe.

"We have an interest in making sure that the regulatory regime is robust, so that you don't end up with banks falling between stools," he said.

"I am concerned about countries that don't have such robust regimes. As it becomes less and less clear what exactly their arrangements are, that could have quite a destabilising effect on other countries."

The G20's crackdown on tax havens has had considerable success. G20 leaders agreed in April to name and shame the world's tax havens with a public list, and threatened sanctions for countries not falling into line.

Since then, some European countries, such as Switzerland, have made concessions on bank secrecy laws in an effort to get off the list. On Thursday, the government of France said French banks had promised to close all their branches in jurisdictions considered to be tax havens from March 2010 onwards.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1510 on: October 05, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »

Thanks billb!  I agree with you, and your dad says it in a nice way!   

The visual is what counts. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1511 on: October 05, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »

Amazing Race's prize for the winner of tonight's 1st place of the leg of the race was a trip to Aruba.  The winners were two Globetrotter members competing, who stated they'd never been there.  It was for the Hyatt with cruises & jeep tour, etc.  Not sure when all of this was recorded but it does seem as though Travelocity and such have a magic wheel and one of the networks usually is a winner....that is...they pay the bill.   

Goodnight, all....see you later.     

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: October 05, 2009, 01:26:58 AM »

Amazing Race's prize for the winner of tonight's 1st place of the leg of the race was a trip to Aruba.  The winners were two Globetrotter members competing, who stated they'd never been there.  It was for the Hyatt with cruises & jeep tour, etc.  Not sure when all of this was recorded but it does seem as though Travelocity and such have a magic wheel and one of the networks usually is a winner....that is...they pay the bill.   

Goodnight, all....see you later.     

Good night 2NJ!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: October 05, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1514 on: October 05, 2009, 07:50:57 AM »

Hi Kermit! 

OMG LMAOOOOOO!!! Oh that soooooooooo needs to go in the smilie list!! 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:53:26 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1515 on: October 05, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

Hi Kermit! 

OMG LMAOOOOOO!!! Oh that soooooooooo needs to go in the smilie list!! 

IIRC, Klaas made it...it makes me smile too!   

Have a great Monday!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: October 05, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »

http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d9a2af3003000c&sectionId=60

Published: October 5. 2009 08:37AM

Natalie Holloway's mom brings message of personal safety to Island

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Amanda Dale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beth Holloway Twitty, the mother of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway, wears a bracelet that spells Natalee's name, right, and a blue bracelet in Natalee's memory, left, in Palm Beach, Aruba, in this Tuesday, June 28, 2005 file photo. Holloway disappeared on May 30 during a high school graduation trip to this Dutch Caribbean island. Determined to get answers, Beth Holloway Twitty takes her daughter's case nearly every day to major American news media, who are always eager to broadcast the mother's latest hopes and frustrations with the official investigation. 

A flyer prepared by the Holloway family is shown in this Associated Press photo. 

The mother of an American girl missing and presumed dead in Aruba has spoken of the triumph of the human spirit from the darkest depths of despair.

Beth Holloway gave a harrowing account of the search of her daughter Natalee, who disappeared on the Caribbean island on the last night of a school graduation trip.

The message she left with guests at the Physical Abuse Centre's 30th Anniversary Gala however, was one of hope and transformation.

Among those present at the Hamilton Princess event were the mothers of three young people murdered in Bermuda Juliann Moore, mother of Rhiana Moore; Marsha Jones, mother of Shaundae Jones; and Shahidah Abdur-Rahim, mother of Aquil Richardson.

Natalee Holloway, an 18-year-old from Alabama, disappeared from a nightclub in Aruba in 2005.

Although her body has never been found, it is believed she was abducted, raped and murdered.

A suspect in the case, local man Joran van der Sloot, claimed Natalee suffered a seizure and he disposed of her body, but no one has ever been brought to trial.

In what was her first overseas talk outside of the US, Ms Holloway described the events following her daughter's disappearance and her feelings at the failures of the Aruba criminal justice system.

She told guests at the Physical Abuse Centre event: "I feel a real connection being here with you.

"Just as the Physical Abuse Centre is dedicated to helping families and savings lives, I also want to help people who have been victimised.

"What is hope? What does it mean to you and what can it mean to someone experiencing a devastating or traumatic event in their life?

"I have had such a devastating experience and what I concluded is there are phases of hope for everyone to see, depending on what our needs are at that particular moment."

Ms Holloway and her then husband Dave Holloway travelled to Aruba after Natalee disappeared on May 30, 2005.

Faced with a lack of assistance from the local Police, they began to trace her last movements and spoke to Mr. van der Sloot, who was said to have been with Natalee at the Carlos 'n Charlie's nightclub.

"He told us he bought drinks for Natalee and then graphically described all the sexual conduct he engaged in with her as she fell asleep in the back of a car," said Ms Holloway.

Mr. van der Sloot, the son of a judge, said he then dropped Natalee off at her hotel.

Ms Holloway however, believed her daughter had been drugged and abducted.

But the local Police just told her, "She will show up, just wait."

"With very little help from the authorities we were left to search for her on our own," she said.

This search took them to brothels and crackhouses as tip-offs included claims Natalee had been kidnapped by crack addicts for cash.

Ms Holloway said: "The Police regarded Natalee's disappearance as unimportant. They were sure the crackheads would bring her back once her money was gone.

"But despite all of the tips and all our running around, Natalee was nowhere to be found.

"Reporters asked me all the time, 'How do you feel?'. The answer was, I didn't feel anything, I was numb."

Ms Holloway said she felt increasing despair. "The first phase of hope, that she would be found, was turning into a fantasy," she said.

"My human strength was gone. Natalee's purple duffel bag was on the bed in her hotel room all packed and ready to come home and I told her we were sorry, that we had searched so hard but had not found her."

That same evening, Ms Holloway went to pray at a row of crosses and said she was suddenly at peace.

"In the stillness I knew in an instance that Natalee was with God. The wind was blowing hard and I talked to Natalee and promised to get justice for her and to never give up."

Ms Holloway said that through her ordeal, she was buoyed by support she received from people all over the world.

"I received letters and cards from as far away as Jerusalem, and I treasure them," she said.

"It has been life-changing for me to experience the coming together of people for my daughter and my family."

Ms Holloway said hope ultimately transformed her from "a victim to a victor".

She decided to take her experiences and use them to help others.

A teacher herself, she now promotes a travellers' workshop for teenagers in schools across the US.

She also hopes to produce a CD with advice and tips for foreign travel.

"I think this is the best way to honour Natalee, to share the message of personal safety with young adults," she said.

Ms Holloway said this can be as simple as not leaving your group of friends, and making sure you have international dialling on your cell phone, in case of distress.

Describing her daughter as "savvy and confident", she said Natalee nevertheless was "blindsided".

"She never stood a chance against her perpetrators. She had a false sense of security with all of her friends.

"She let her guard down for a moment and in that moment she vanished."

Hope however, remains. Ms Holloway said: "The hope that filled Natalee's heart and mind fills mine, and I will press on.

"Hope is the guiding light in whatever tunnel we find ourselves in."

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1517 on: October 05, 2009, 09:15:58 AM »

Thanks TxMom!!!!!!!

This is GREAT news!
Rudy Croes is also GONZO!!!!!!!!!!

What do we know of this Oduber?

http://www.diario.aw/2009/10/nomber-di-ministronan-ta-conoci/

Papiamentu translation:

name of ministronan for gobierno new is conoci

publication: diabierna, 2 october 2009.

categoria: general —ultimo ora—

oranjestad (aan): diabierna nightfall, leader of avp, mike eman at his exit for of office of governor, owing to revela the name of esnan cu will bay ocupa function of ministro in the gobierno new cu will cuminza work day 1 of november venidero.

past owing to haci esey, after of owing to as one consulta cu governor y owing to talk on the asunto. fuera of esey, the dianan venidero, mike eman because; formador will bay is reuni cu various gremio for so achieve know kico they desire is, for they can work they declaration of policy of gobierno.

(*) first ministro y asuntonan general is become mike eman self.

(*) ministro of husticia, y enseñanza is become mr. drs. arthur dowers.

(*) ministro of asunto economico, social, y cultura is michelle hooyboer- winklaar.

(*) ministro of infrastructura, work publico y medio ambiente will become benny sevinger.

(*) ministro of salubridad y sport is become richard visser.

(*) ministro of finanzas y servicionan of estado is become mike de meza.

(*) ministro of turism y job for her gobierno new is become otmar oduber.

(*) ministro plenipotenciario of aruba at the netherlands is become edwin abath.

(*) chairman of parliament is become mr. andy lee.

(*) leader of fraccion of avp in staten is become rene herde.

press read more ministerio of transporte will bay resorta bao of mike de meza y otmar oduber conhuntamente. juan david yrausquin, because; also paul croes will bay is member of parliament for avp. alex tromp also will stay because; member of parliament. will have of menciona still name of the director of aruba huis, although have rumor is core cu the will is desiree croes. not owing to give indicacion niether, bao cual ministro, the asunto of dimas will bay resorta. according eman, the team is bay become uno solido for proximo 4 year. owing to escoge the nombernan trempan, for so they can orienta they self of now end for so they can is cla for hour cu the date 1 november 2009 arrive, they can cuminza funciona at once. eman owing to splica cu at 2005, they had desire for edwin abath owing to become ministro plenipotenciario at the netherlands, y now at 2009 esey owing to become realidad. abath have the cualificacionnan for haci esey, not despite cu the not owing to form part in eleccion 2009 for avp.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: October 05, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

The turn over of mep to avp in the recent elections is the best opportunity for aruba to gain forward motion to improve the economic recovery wrt tourism.....
They (avp) has a short window of opportunity to launch an investigation of jan vs, paulass, rudy, om (jansen/mos) and nail the perps for all the world to see.....
That's all they need to do to dramatically improve their tourism! Show there is a housecleaning and make tourist feel safe, and they will return...
american traitors can be pursued by FBI and US agencies wrt fraud and any number of other violations......

I'm hoping we will see signs of all you've mentioned being put into motion very soon billb!

Not as soon as I had hoped, but this is precisely what I've been working on!

A wonderful friend found a personal email addy for Mike Eman - Aruba's new Prime Minister.

A Call To Arms Fellow Monkeys,

The Scared Monkeys message board came to be when Natalee Holloway vanished while on the island of Aruba.

4 1/2 years later, there has still been no answers for her family, and no Justice served.

Aruba has now, finally, changed Governing parties - the Aruban citizens have voted out the corrupt MEP party who was in full and total control of what they called an investigation, but what many of us know to have been a cover up.

There's a new man in town - Prime Minister Mike Eman. With him he brings a new Minister of Justice, and a new Minister of Tourism. Both positions, along with the former Prime Minister, we all know formerly held sway in what happened after Natalee disappeared.

Please take this opportunity to cry out for Natalee's Justice. An email campaign to the new Prime Minister of Aruba certainly cannot hurt - and this may be precisely the break we have all been waiting and hoping for.

Please send an email to Mike Eman................send one from each email address you have......................encourage friends and family to send an email from each address they have.....................post it on your MySpace and Facebook accounts..............send it out on Twitter.

Please help us beg for Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Keep in mind, there is already a movement in the Netherlands by Dutch officials to conduct an investigation themselves into what happened. Such an investigation (assisted by the US Justice Dept) could be the appropriate tool to use right now.

Here is my email to him:

Mr Eman,

Congratulations on your recent victory! I have been awaiting this day for 4 ½ years.

I am an American who watched with horror as the disappearance of Natalee Holloway unfolded on your island.

Even more horrific was digging into what information became available about the investigation by Aruban authorities, and witnessing the corruption, cronyism, and collusion to cover up these crimes.

No one should fear abduction and death while on vacation. Niether should anyone fear a lack of Justice should they lose a loved one to such a heinous crime.

It was a relief to hear that finally the corruption on Aruba was being exposed and looked into by the Netherlands.

Mr Hero Brinkman and Ank Bijleveld deserve a medal for their determined actions to have the first 10 days of this “investigation” looked into.

Former Commissioner Jan van der Straten, former Prosecutor Karin Janssen, former Acting Police Chief Gerold Dompig, Detective Dennis Jacobs, Minister of Justice Rudy Croes, Prime Minister Nelson Oduber, as well as Justices Rick Smid and Bob Wit need to be investigated thoroughly, and prosecuted accordingly for their actions.

I am writing to urge you to honor the faith your Aruban citizens have put in you by electing you into Office. Please show them that their island’s suffering due to this crime and lack of punishment is now going to come to an end. Ensure your citizens that the corruption of the outgoing party will be thoroughly investigated and punished.

Natalee Holloway deserves Justice, and her family deserves answers. Both are long overdue, and make no mistake – the American public is still watching.

We are now watching with high hopes in this new Government, with you leading the way.

I urge you to take all steps necessary to openly invite the Netherlands to conduct their investigation they have proposed and to also take additional measures by inviting the US Justice Department to assist the Netherlands in this investigation.

Complete transparency and a thorough investigation that ends with the prosecution of the original perpetrators against Natalee Holloway – Joran van der Sloot, Satish kalpoe, Deepak Kalpoe, and Paulus van der Sloot is not only encouraged, it is expected. The prosecution of their enablers, formerly people of Authority in Aruba, is also long overdue.

Please show America that Aruba can be the happy island it once was – not only with Law and Order, but also with Humanity and Compassion.

Show your own citizens that they no longer have to live under the black eye your outgoing authorities have given to Aruba. That you will take crime seriously, both against your own people and against your tourists – your main source of income – and will see it punished accordingly. Show those on your island who now think it is ok to commit crimes against tourists that you will no longer stand for it. Send a message to your own citizens that crimes against tourists will be vigorously punished to the fullest extent of Aruban law.

Show Americans and Arubans alike that there will be no more exceptions for criminals just because of who they know, or who they are related to.

Bolster your economy in these dreadful economic times by showing Americans that travelling to the island of Aruba can once again be a safe prospect.

See that Justice is done for Natalee Holloway and her family.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx
United States of America

Here are some sample letters you are free to use, or from which to create your own letter. Here also is the new Prime Minister of Aruba's personal email address - Mr Mike Eman.

Mr Mike Eman,

I am writing you from America, in hopes that you will welcome the request from Dutch Authorities for an investigation into what transpired after Natalee Holloway disappeared on Aruba.

The crimes against her need to be denounced, and the guilty punished. Punish not only those who committed those crimes, but also those who covered up the crimes, and helped the criminals escape Justice.

Please, help your island. Help Natalee Holloway. Help Natalee’s family.

Get Aruba back on its feet in the eyes of the world by seeing Justice done for Natalee Holloway.

Send a clear message to America that Aruba does value it’s tourists, and does not tolerate crimes against them.

Mike Eman,

It is with heavy heart that I write this appeal to you. The tragic loss of Natalee Holloway on your island has created such fear for anyone wanting to vacation there. As an American, I received the message loud and clear – Come to Aruba and spend your money. But if you go missing we will shrug it off and sweep it under the rug. We will also make sure those who hurt you walk free.

Please take this opportunity in your new role as Prime Minister to have a full combined Dutch and American investigation conducted into what happened to Natalee Holloway.

Please take all steps necessary to see that her attackers are punished as severely as Aruban law allows.

Please send a new message to American travelers - Aruba cares not only about your money, but also about YOU.

Please show me that Aruba cares about what happens to me should I visit there.

Mr Eman,

I encourage you in your new position as Prime Minister to do the right thing by Natalee Holloway and her family.

Allow the Dutch to investigate what happened after she went missing. Encourage your citizens to cooperate with the investigation. Let them know they no longer have to fear repercussions from those now leaving office if they tell the truth about what happened.

Invite Natalee’s family to inspect the criminal file of her disappearance – holding nothing back. Ask for their help – ask them to show the Dutch investigators what they have learned.

Please do everything in your power to finally allow Justice for Natalee Holloway and her family.

Mr Eman,

I still cringe every time I hear the word Aruba. In 2005 a fellow American disappeared on your island – and from all appearances, your officials did absolutely nothing to pursue Justice for her. Those who abducted her have been walking free ever since. They have been allowed to carry on with their lives, while hers was taken.

Natalee Holloway lost her life on your island, and no one ever did anything about it. Far from it. The powers that be on Aruba made sure that nothing would ever come from her death. They made sure, for the sake of Aruba’s Tourism.

It is with utter sincerity that I say this to you now. Please reverse the message Aruba has sent to the world – to the vacationing world. Let the world know that Aruba will punish criminals, that Aruba puts humanity before tourism.

Please allow the Dutch and the American FBI to conduct an investigation into what happened to Natalee Holloway. Please make the guarantee that those who hurt her will come to Justice.

I promise you, those actions alone will go a long way with me and my fellow Americans when making future travel plans.

Here is his email addy:  Mike Eman Prime Minister of Aruba - mikegeman@gmail.com
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1519 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:19 AM »

To CNG, GM, BFN and BNH.

Regardless of our differences in opinion, despite the hurt and bitter feelings - we are all still here for the same thing...............Justice for Natalee Holloway.

Please put aside your animosities and do this for Natalee.  I know you have good hearts, please look into them and help this cry for Justice for Natalee.

Send letters to Mr Eman.  Send many, many letters.  Make our voices one again - in the name of Natalee Holloway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.