April 26, 2024, 11:29:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251782 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

Kathy Reichs is on book tour in new York today.
I was checking on the Today Show site to see if they had a video of that segment today, they don't yet, but they had an article from yesterday that was about her new book.  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32544789/ns/today-today_books/     So maybe the first part today was about her new book and ended with Ann asking her about being involved with Caylee's case and that was what I saw.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2009, 09:42:24 AM »

http://literati.net/Reichs/
New York Times Bestseller author Kathy Reichs is a forensic anthropologist for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of North Carolina, and for the Laboratoire des Sciences Judiciaires et de Médecine Légale for the province of Quebec. She is one of only fifty forensic anthropologists certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology and is on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. A professor of anthropology at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Dr. Reichs is a native of Chicago, where she received her Ph.D. at Northwestern. She now divides her time between Charlotte and Montreal and is a frequent expert witness in criminal trials.

Her work as a forensic anthropologist is internationally recognized.  She has traveled to Rwanda to testify at the UN Tribunal on Genocide, helped identify individuals from mass graves in Guatemala, and done forensic work at Ground Zero in New York. For her work with CILHI she has identified war dead from World War II; from all of Southeast Asia – she even examined the remains from the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Experiences she has had while working in forensic anthropology spawned her best selling novels.  Each new story plays on an aspect of forensic anthropology and matter classification that Dr. Reichs has personally used in her work, allowing her main character, Temperance Brennan’s work to be authentic.

Kathy's first Temperance Brennan novel, Déjà Dead, won the Crime Writers of Canada's Arthur Ellis Award for Best First Novel.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2009, 09:43:44 AM »

Now that I know that Tony is considering writing a book, all this is making sense  What is he all going to write about?

His blogging experience.

I needed that.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »

Kathy Reichs is on book tour in new York today.
I was checking on the Today Show site to see if they had a video of that segment today, they don't yet, but they had an article from yesterday that was about her new book.  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32544789/ns/today-today_books/     So maybe the first part today was about her new book and ended with Ann asking her about being involved with Caylee's case and that was what I saw.

Could be.I'll keep checking.
Does everyone we know in this case write books?   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2009, 09:47:45 AM »

Thanks Tupelo.
Bones is a great show. 
She says what happened to Caylee is horrible, and she is a defense witness, interesting. I love the show Bones, one of my favorites.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »

Tupelo.....  Today Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vq5agMedQ&feature=channel_page

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »

Blink had said she was working on trying to get Tony P to come over to BOC.  I hope she can work something ut.  Because we have a lot of questions for him

As far as LP goes..even though he didn't talk to Casey for very long..remember Rob and Tracey were with Casey almost constantly.  I think he knows just about what they know because when Tracey was in the house I think she was probably wired.so they could hear everything going on inside the house. I just don't think LP would have let Tracey stay alone with that nutty family wothout a wire..so they could dash in if they had to in a moments notice to protect Tracey.

Good be;   I think it's probably Tracy's testimony which worries the Defense the most.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

Copy of the letter written by the inmate with a history of mental illness:

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20535221/detail.html
Bondsman: I Wasn't Working For Anthony's Attorney
Tony Padilla Says He Wasn't Part Of Defense Team

POSTED: 4:06 pm EDT August 24, 2009
UPDATED: 9:06 am EDT August 25, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The California bail bondsman who got Casey Anthony out of jail in August 2008 said he did not work for Anthony's attorney.

Anthony is currently in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Attorney Jose Baez has argued that anything Anthony told Tony Padilla or his employees is protected by attorney-client privilege and therefore should not be used in her trial. Padilla, however, said that he was not working for Baez and that Baez did not want him to work for him.
"As far as signing any paperwork to be part of the defense team, I never signed anything like that," Padilla said. "Jose was very adamant. He did not want any of us at all working for him."

Padilla's team, including his flamboyant uncle bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, spent nine days guarding Anthony and their $500,000 investment. Their testimony could help the state argue that Anthony was already emotionally detached from her missing daughter.

"At moments she seemed very concerned about her daughter being gone, but other times she wanted to create an upbeat and festive atmosphere," Padilla said.

Padilla said Anthony never confessed anything to him, but that his employee, Tracy McLaughlin, was in close company with Anthony and had insight into her mindset.

"When the time comes, I'm sure Tracy's going to shed a lot of light on what kind of person Casey is," he said.
Attorney: Baez Could Use Searchers To Create Doubt

A defense attorney WESH 2 has been consulting said Baez may be able to create reasonable doubt by finding searchers who were in the area where Caylee's remains were found before they were located and didn't see anything. Then, he said, the state will have to counter with experts on the plants found growing in and around those remains.

Judge Stan Strickland said on Friday that he is inclined to give Anthony's defense access to records of Texas Equusearch volunteers who searched for Caylee near the area where her remains were later found.

Hornsby says those searchers could go a long way toward creating reasonable doubt in the minds of jurors.

The state, however, already has testimony from a botanist who told them that based on root growth around the remains, they had to have been there at least four months, which counteracts Anthony's claim she could not have put them there because she was in jail at the time.

But Hornsby said the plant science is not a slam dunk and jurors could be more inclined to believe searchers who said they didn't see anything.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2009, 09:58:01 AM »

Thanks,Klaas.   

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »

Is this the guy?  I've wondered about him from the beginning.  Very fishy! >{{}}>

Who was Patrick Bourgeois, the first visitor Casey had in jail on July 24, 2008, 9am?  He mentioned he went to school with Casey but she barely acted like she remembered him.  He mentioned "Mike Walker said to say hi" and she acted like she remembered that name.   He also said "he would write to Casey",  if you watch and listen to his video. It struck me as kind of bizarre that he showed up saying we support you and if you want to talk, are here, when she barely remembered him!
Some may know that this guy has sent my hinky meter onto tilt for a long time.  Someone smarter than myself with some time should try to do some more research on the subject.  There is more to this than meets the eye. JMO.  Webslueths has a whole thread on subject which is an interesting read:  http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68459.  IIRC Mike Walker was in casey's class at Colonial HS.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »

Thank You Trimm!

This is what Kathy said:

Any accused is innocent until proven guilty. We have a very, very tragic victim. We have this little girl and something very bad happened to this little girl. We don't want two victims. We don't want someone wrongly accused, we want the right person brought to justice for the right crime. What exactly happened to this child. Who did it.

Hmmmmm......

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »

Is this the guy?  I've wondered about him from the beginning.  Very fishy! >{{}}>

Who was Patrick Bourgeois, the first visitor Casey had in jail on July 24, 2008, 9am?  He mentioned he went to school with Casey but she barely acted like she remembered him.  He mentioned "Mike Walker said to say hi" and she acted like she remembered that name.   He also said "he would write to Casey",  if you watch and listen to his video. It struck me as kind of bizarre that he showed up saying we support you and if you want to talk, are here, when she barely remembered him!
Some may know that this guy has sent my hinky meter onto tilt for a long time.  Someone smarter than myself with some time should try to do some more research on the subject.  There is more to this than meets the eye. JMO.  Webslueths has a whole thread on subject which is an interesting read:  http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68459.  IIRC Mike Walker was in casey's class at Colonial HS.

Lovin',he bothers me too.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »

Thanks,Klaas.   
Thanks he has nice penmanship 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2009, 10:06:06 AM »

Thank You Trimm!

This is what Kathy said:

Any accused is innocent until proven guilty. We have a very, very tragic victim. We have this little girl and something very bad happened to this little girl. We don't want two victims. We don't want someone wrongly accused, we want the right person brought to justice for the right crime. What exactly happened to this child. Who did it.

Hmmmmm......
Carefully worded, and I don't think anyone wants to see someone wrongly accused.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »

Yes, I have read it    There are a few characters in this that has set my hinky meter on high.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20535221/detail.html
Bondsmen: I Wasn't Working For Anthony's Attorney
Tony Padilla Says He Wasn't Part Of Defense Team

POSTED: 4:06 pm EDT August 24, 2009
UPDATED: 5:30 pm EDT August 24, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The California bail bondsmen who got Casey Anthony out of jail last August said he did not work for Anthony's attorney.

Anthony is currently in the Orange County jail awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of her daughter Caylee.

Attorney Jose Baez has argued that anything Anthony told Tony Padilla or his employees is protected by attorney-client privilege and therefore should not be used in her trial. Padilla, however, said that he was not working for Baez and that Baez did not want him to work for him.

"As far as signing any paperwork to be part of the defense team, I never signed anything like that," Padilla said. "Jose was very adamant. He did not want any of us at all working for him."

Padilla's team, including his flamboyant uncle bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, spent nine days guarding Anthony and their $500,000 investment. Their testimony could help the state argue that Anthony was already emotionally detached from her missing daughter.
"At moments she seemed very concerned about her daughter being gone, but other times she wanted to create an upbeat and festive atmosphere," Padilla said.

Padilla said Anthony never confessed anything to him, but that his employee, Tracy McLaughlin, was in close company with Anthony and had insight into her mindset.

"When the time comes I'm sure Tracy's going to shed a lot of light on what kind of person Casey is," he said.
Attorney: Baez Could Use Searchers To Create Doubt

A defense attorney WESH 2 has been consulting said Baez may be able to create reasonable doubt by finding searchers who were in the area where Caylee's remains were found before they were located and didn't see anything. Then, he said, the state will have to counter with experts on the plants found growing in and around those remains.

Judge Stan Strickland said on Friday that he is inclined to give Anthony's defense access to records of Texas Equusearch volunteers who searched for Caylee near the area where her remains were later found.

Hornsby says those searchers could go a long way toward creating reasonable doubt in the minds of jurors.

The state, however, already has testimony from a botanist who told them that based on root growth around the remains, they had to have been there at least four months, which counteracts Anthony's claim she could not have put them there because she was in jail at the time.

But Hornsby said the plant science is not a slam dunk and jurors could be more inclined to believe searchers who said they didn't see anything.
  GOOD MORNING--I have to say the way Caylee was found always bother me--lets face it  something is not right there--having said that KC killed Caylee  -with all the other evidence it should be a slam dunk- but look at OJ -lets just hope we dont get a jury like that-In my mind  OJ jury was a gathering of the 12 most stupid people

I agree.  In fact, I think the OJ jury should have pled insanity.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

Another letter found from the inmate who claims that he knows who killed Caylee...

Do No Evil 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 10:51:03 AM »

CC   Monkey Devil!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »

Good Morning.  an angelic monkey

First it was the Baden's pimping their book, now Kathy Reichs has one, Tony Padilla considering one. Andrea Lyon has one coming out that is interfering with her court work, as she will be going to book signings. Who was the female writer who was going to come out with her book, something about "Mommy's Little Girl" or something like that about the time the trial starts next year?

Somehow, I remember when Reichs first joined the team, it was said she was only joining in a forensic capacity and not writing a book...humm. Her interview on the Today Show about the book seems to have some subliminal messages about Caylee's murder.

Bozo has always been very protective of anyone having any rights to books, pictures, videos or movies. Seems like that is only for a few he gets to pick and choose. Wonder what his cut is going to be out of all of these? I am sure he is not allowing it out of the goodness of his heart.

Not to worry. I will not be contributing to his cause. I will stick with Patricia Cornwell if I want to read fiction.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.