April 27, 2024, 04:46:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251870 times)
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1380 on: September 03, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »

Thanks cece...... set a trial date......uummmm based on the attorney's schedules.....   betch Lyons is gonna try to stall, stall, stall

why would a DP try a fraud charge, im sure or i hope strickland will say bozo can handle this one....not the entire death team. I mean if bozo has time to put his mug on tv, then he has time to try this case, it looks pretty cut and dry with video and receipts, all of it.

Hi monkeys.  I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking.  I think that Bozo will most likely try to plea bargain this one.  I could be wrong but I don't think he want her to open her mouth at all.

Wouldn't she just plead guilty? Baez has already admitted Casey is guilty - he sent checks reimbursing Amy for what was stolen.   

She already pleaded not guilty.  That's why the trial.  I think they will try to bargain

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1381 on: September 03, 2009, 05:02:40 PM »

I am probably wrong but am going to through this out anyway....hell I have been wrong before and will be again!  However, I thought when an out of state attorney was approved to practice in another state is was for one trial.....one case.....if this is true wouldn't lyons have to get approved to represent kc in the fraud case??

I do not know.I am in hair world.   

Hair World!!!   

Sunny, That sounds right to me, but I'm hoping one of our smart Monkeys will give us the scoop on this. 
Since the two cases somewhat overlap (in my mind) I guess she may be on the look out for anything in the check fraud that would have an affect on the murder trial?  Just a guess from me.

I am not a smart monkey, but I think she would have to submit a pro hac vice request for the civil case and notice of qualifications.  She has been granted pro hac vice in the capital case only, as far as I have heard.

That's what I thought and wondered why JS didn't mention that to her when she was flapping her mouth about taking time away from the murder case to work on the fraud case.

I knew you were gonna male me go to  the darn law dictionary!!

pro hac vice
    (proh-hock-vee-chay) Latin meaning "for this one particular occasion." The phrase usually refers to an out-of-state lawyer who has been granted special permission to participate in a particular case, even though the lawyer is not licensed to practice in the state where the case is being tried.

Sorry    But do I get half credit for narrowing down the term for you? LOL         
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1382 on: September 03, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »

9/3/2009     A     NOTICE OF INTENT TO RELY UPON BUSINESS RECORD CERTIFICATION

9/3/2009    A    TRANSCRIPT FILED HEARING ON AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL BEFORE HON. STAN STRICKLAND 03/12/09

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=f0f09083-f529-4900-ad06-ed86a9c4a9c7

Trimm, could you explain what these mean?  I have such a hard time understanding this court info.  Thanks.

This is an educated guess based on my limited knowledge.
First one is a heads up that a motion is going to be filed to supply a business record and or certification of one.  ??????? Maybe the Tony P original document or related.   Do we know who these were from Baez or State?

Second one I believe is just that A transcript was filed on the hearing in March re the:  AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: September 03, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »

I am not a smart monkey, but I think she would have to submit a pro hac vice request for the civil case and notice of qualifications.  She has been granted pro hac vice in the capital case only, as far as I have heard.

That's what I thought and wondered why JS didn't mention that to her when she was flapping her mouth about taking time away from the murder case to work on the fraud case.

I knew you were gonna male me go to  the darn law dictionary!!

pro hac vice
    (proh-hock-vee-chay) Latin meaning "for this one particular occasion." The phrase usually refers to an out-of-state lawyer who has been granted special permission to participate in a particular case, even though the lawyer is not licensed to practice in the state where the case is being tried.

Sorry    But do I get half credit for narrowing down the term for you? LOL         
[/quote]

LOL....OK...if you insist!  And BTW you are one SMART MONKEY!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1384 on: September 03, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »

9/3/2009    A    TRANSCRIPT FILED HEARING ON AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL BEFORE HON. STAN STRICKLAND 03/12/09

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=f0f09083-f529-4900-ad06-ed86a9c4a9c7

Trimm, could you explain what these mean?  I have such a hard time understanding this court info.  Thanks.

First one is a heads up that a motion is going to be filed to supply a business record and or certification of one.  ??????? Maybe the Tony P original document or related.   Do we know who these were from Baez or State?

Second one I believe is just that A transcript was filed on the hearing in March re the:  AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL

Thanks ANJ.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1385 on: September 03, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

I just saw you post a couple of minutes ago......ANJ answered.     

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: September 03, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/3/delay_for_anthony39s_check_fraud_trial_denied.html
 Delay For Casey's Check Fraud Trial Denied
Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:50:23 PM
Reported By Nick VinZant

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s defense team learns Casey's check fraud trial will not be put on hold until her murder trial was over.

Orange County Judge Stan Strickland ruled Thursday Casey will have to face check fraud charges before her murder trial.

Her defense tried to fight the motion but prosecutors won the day by arguing the victim wanted swift justice.

Legal experts said something else may be at work.

To win a death penalty case, prosecutors need aggravating circumstances, one of which is a previous felony.

"They want to do it so they can have an aggravating circumstances,” said Cheney Mason, a defense attorney. “If they get a conviction, they can pursue the death penalty, the statute requires the state proving aggravating circumstances."
Anthony is accused of stealing more than $700 from her friend and spending it at a local Target.

More documents in the case against Casey are scheduled to be released Friday.

~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: September 03, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »

Thanks cece...... set a trial date......uummmm based on the attorney's schedules.....   betch Lyons is gonna try to stall, stall, stall

why would a DP try a fraud charge, im sure or i hope strickland will say bozo can handle this one....not the entire death team. I mean if bozo has time to put his mug on tv, then he has time to try this case, it looks pretty cut and dry with video and receipts, all of it.

Hi monkeys.  I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking.  I think that Bozo will most likely try to plea bargain this one.  I could be wrong but I don't think he want her to open her mouth at all.

Wouldn't she just plead guilty? Baez has already admitted Casey is guilty - he sent checks reimbursing Amy for what was stolen.   

She already pleaded not guilty.  That's why the trial.  I think they will try to bargain

But, if they go to trial, then all the evidence will be documented in this fraud case and then it can be used during the murder trial.   The evidence showing that KC was out forging checks and not buying a single thing for Caylee.    I think they screwed up when they plead not guilty in the first place.   Maybe the state will not accept a plea at this point.   I say go to trial and get all the evidence documented!    Any thoughts?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: September 03, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »

But, if they go to trial, then all the evidence will be documented in this fraud case and then it can be used during the murder trial.   The evidence showing that KC was out forging checks and not buying a single thing for Caylee.    I think they screwed up when they plead not guilty in the first place.   Maybe the state will not accept a plea at this point.   I say go to trial and get all the evidence documented!    Any thoughts?

Sassy...I have a feeling the state will not accept a plea in this case And I hope JS gives her the maximum that he can.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1389 on: September 03, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/3/delay_for_anthony39s_check_fraud_trial_denied.html
 Delay For Casey's Check Fraud Trial Denied
Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:50:23 PM
Reported By Nick VinZant

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s defense team learns Casey's check fraud trial will not be put on hold until her murder trial was over.

Orange County Judge Stan Strickland ruled Thursday Casey will have to face check fraud charges before her murder trial.

Her defense tried to fight the motion but prosecutors won the day by arguing the victim wanted swift justice.

Legal experts said something else may be at work.

To win a death penalty case, prosecutors need aggravating circumstances, one of which is a previous felony.

"They want to do it so they can have an aggravating circumstances,” said Cheney Mason, a defense attorney. “If they get a conviction, they can pursue the death penalty, the statute requires the state proving aggravating circumstances."
Anthony is accused of stealing more than $700 from her friend and spending it at a local Target.

More documents in the case against Casey are scheduled to be released Friday.

Anybody else think this may encourage the "dream team" to maybe start considering a plea? For sure she will be found guilty on the fraud charges, which Baez may have been counting on this trial to happen after the murder trial.

Too bad , so sad! Shoulda taken that plea when you had the chance! 

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1390 on: September 03, 2009, 06:31:12 PM »

Sassy...I have a feeling the state will not accept a plea in this case And I hope JS gives her the maximum that he can.

Me too, Sunny.     THE MAXIMUM!       
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: September 03, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »

Tomorrow is DOCUMENT DAY!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1392 on: September 03, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »

Sassy, I was thinking that too about the evidence being allowed. And I sure hope the state doesn't consider offering a plea, just to end this circus. Could they?  We would never know the truth! 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1393 on: September 03, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »

Cant's wait.     See you monkeys in the morning.   

~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1394 on: September 03, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »

I like these words! 

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1395 on: September 03, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »

Sassy, I was thinking that too about the evidence being allowed. And I sure hope the state doesn't consider offering a plea, just to end this circus. Could they?  We would never know the truth! 

I think the State will go forward with this fraud trial and will enjoy every moment of it.     
I can't wait to watch it.   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1396 on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »

I hope it's all new documents - no repeats!
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1397 on: September 03, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »

geez did casey think that amy would not find out she was was writing all these checks as if in a maniac state of mind!! buying beer clothes for herself but nothing for caylee. who would think of buying  lingerie when your daughter is missing OH WAIT !! CASEY WOULD!!

Loca
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1398 on: September 03, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »

Casey Anthony: WKMG says duct tape on toddler was rare make 

posted by halboedeker on Sep 3, 2009 6:47:49 PM

The duct tape found on Caylee Anthony's remains is rare and could be a major setback for Casey Anthony's defense, WKMG-Channel 6 reported tonight.

The defense has argued that Henkel duct tape was the best seller in the country, WKMG's Tony Pipitone said. Yet the tape attached to the toddler is a special make.

"This specific, industrial, fire-resistant tape is a tiny fraction of all the tape sold by Henkel," Pipitone said in a first-rate, eye-opening report. "We tried to buy some today. We couldn't find any." 

And what does this mean? "It is extremely rare" and "a crucial find," Pipitone said of the duct tape. Prosecutors said today in a court papers that they will explain how rare that tape is. And Pipitone said the prosecution will argue that the tape is a link between the body and Anthony.

There was more bad news today for Anthony's defense team.

Judge Stan Strickland ruled today that her check-forgery trial will be scheduled before her murder trial. She is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

WFTV and WKMG stressed what the scheduling could mean: Anthony might be a convicted felon -- on as many as 13 counts -- before the murder trial starts.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer explained how a conviction might play at the murder trial if Anthony takes the stand. "If I were a prosecutor, the first question out of my mouth would be: Miss Anthony have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Sheaffer said.

She'd have to say yes.

"As soon as a jury hears that, it would be as though when a dog hears when you talk to a dog after you say it's name. It's just blah blah blah blah blah," Sheaffer said.

A forgery conviction could hurt Anthony's defense team in fighting the death penalty, WFTV's Kathi Belich added. Sheaffer said a previous conviction heightens the possibility that the jury would recommend death and that the sentence would be upheld on appeal.

WFTV and WESH-Channel 2 showed footage of Anthony on a shopping spree, when she allegedly used former friend Amy Huizenga's checks. Belich listed the items that Anthony purchased: "sexy lingerie, beer, the blue hoodie she wore the first time she was arrested and her big, white sunglasses."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-why-the-defense-possibly-suffered-a-huge-loss.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: September 03, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

Thanks, ANJ! I get confused sometimes, it's obviously a function of old age.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.