April 26, 2024, 11:55:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251790 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »

I think Stan is treading very purposely and very thughtfully in this case for one reason...he does want to see justice done and he does not want a mistrial or appeal later because Casey claims her rights were stepped on or she had insufficent counsel (Bonehead Baez not withstanding).

He has to make sure that every nuiance meets that test..he must feel like a wet dishcloth at the end of a day in court with Baez..patiently listening to someone who cannot think on his feet and makes no legal sense at times.

I think in the end..Casey will have had a very fair trial..and will be found guilty.  Infact, I think after Big Momma makes her case to rid Florida of the death penality , and the others have sucked out their fame and glory from this case....you will see them ask that a plea deal be put on the table..once the legal eagles have no more to gain..and don't want a loss on their scorecoards, plea it will be.
I agree Gypsy

Good morning Monkeys

I also see a plea deal(LWOP)in caseys future.I like the way you worded that above because that is exactly what they are doing"the others have sucked out their fame and glory".....including sweet Caylee's so called grandparents.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »

Does anyone know if Rob Dick and Tracy work for Tony Padilla or Leonard Padilla?

Karma Is Coming

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »

I think Stan is treading very purposely and very thughtfully in this case for one reason...he does want to see justice done and he does not want a mistrial or appeal later because Casey claims her rights were stepped on or she had insufficent counsel (Bonehead Baez not withstanding).

He has to make sure that every nuiance meets that test..he must feel like a wet dishcloth at the end of a day in court with Baez..patiently listening to someone who cannot think on his feet and makes no legal sense at times.

I think in the end..Casey will have had a very fair trial..and will be found guilty.  Infact, I think after Big Momma makes her case to rid Florida of the death penality , and the others have sucked out their fame and glory from this case....you will see them ask that a plea deal be put on the table..once the legal eagles have no more to gain..and don't want a loss on their scorecoards, plea it will be.
Gypsy - I tend to agree with your 1st para.  ... holding my breath.

It would be awful to see a second trial due to appeal.

Oh the patience required for Strickland to listen to Baez stumble and bumble.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

Oh Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association Judicial Poll, how we love thee! This annual poll offers lawyers (not just defense attorneys) the chance to anonymously praise or kvetch about the judges who preside over them. It offers perhaps the clearest insight into which judges are highly regarded in the legal community and which are derided as a pimple on the ass of the justice system.

Judges are rated on a five-point scale (five is highest) on legal knowledge, impartiality, freedom from bias, demeanor and diligence. Average those scores, and you get a judge's overall rating. Judges who are liked by prosecutors but not defense attorneys, or vice versa, tend to get a three. Judges who are universally liked score higher than that. Judges at two and below … well, you know.

Among Orange County circuit judges, the best-liked judge is Stan Strickland, with a 4.68. Judges C. Alan Lawson, John Kest and Thomas Turner also rated higher than four. The bastard of the bunch is Judge Anthony Johnson, who earned a lowly 2.84.

I'm leaning to the side that he is a Republican, as most Democrats are disliked.       

Do No Evil 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »

I agree with you whole heartedly, I have thought all along that a plea deal will be put out there.

Good Morning Monks..old and new!!  I said the same thing last week.....I do expect the defense to ask for a plea deal....once they have milked this case for all it's worth, that is.  Yep, I am in complete agreement!!  Now about Strickland.....I just wish he would move things along quicker and stop giving so much leeway to the defense and the A's.  All my life I heard, The Wheels of Justice turn slowly, this case proves it!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »

Good post Gypsy - I agree and I hope it is soon

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

I found this new witness added to the State's list,very interesting:
James Thompson, who owns a Maitland computer repair business

I wonder if he recovered whatever lee tried to get rid of on caseys laptop.

Karma Is Coming

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »

Oh Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association Judicial Poll, how we love thee! This annual poll offers lawyers (not just defense attorneys) the chance to anonymously praise or kvetch about the judges who preside over them. It offers perhaps the clearest insight into which judges are highly regarded in the legal community and which are derided as a pimple on the ass of the justice system.

Judges are rated on a five-point scale (five is highest) on legal knowledge, impartiality, freedom from bias, demeanor and diligence. Average those scores, and you get a judge's overall rating. Judges who are liked by prosecutors but not defense attorneys, or vice versa, tend to get a three. Judges who are universally liked score higher than that. Judges at two and below … well, you know.

Among Orange County circuit judges, the best-liked judge is Stan Strickland, with a 4.68. Judges C. Alan Lawson, John Kest and Thomas Turner also rated higher than four. The bastard of the bunch is Judge Anthony Johnson, who earned a lowly 2.84.

I'm leaning to the side that he is a Republican, as most Democrats are disliked.       

Thank you CC! 
Pretty high rating and hope it's the opinion of the pros.

Though my memory is sketchy, I think I remember early in the case where
defence suggested Strickland had a conflict of interest and wanted him off the case.  Think arguement was based on the fact  Strickland conducted the hearing about stolen cheques etc.

Does anyone else remember this?
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

Me too and with his comment in court about Sandy Berger 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »

Sounds like a good guess karma!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »

Wonder how the judge gets around the fact that Amy signed a speedy trial, she has her rights too. I thought before when they met behind closed doors the judge had said if Amy wanted this done she should sign that. This could be the answer he is looking for, where he is within his rights to grant the fraud charge first because Amy is also entitled to her rights.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

Sounds like a good guess karma!!

Real family is all that matters ... (James Thompson) | MySpace.com
MySpace profile for James Thompson. Find friends, share photos, keep in touch with classmates, ... I own my own computer company in Maitland Florida. TechBay ...www.myspace.com/cocoabeachsunset - 79k - Cached

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »

Computer Users - Central Florida Computer Society - Central Florida ...
Mr James Thompson. May Meeting 2004. Deleting Information from Hard Drives ... Central Florida Computer Society. P.O. Box 941747. Maitland, FL 32794-1747 ...www.cfcs.org/newsArticles.php - Cached

Do No Evil 
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »

I wonder if he recovered whatever lee tried to get rid of on caseys laptop

i believe short of destroying the hard drive info can always be obtained...cant wait for the trial to see what they have that we dont know about
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

Interesting, could be 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »

Thanks CC 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!

I looked around to see if I could find any history on the cases Judge Strickland has tried, his conviction record or just anything. I found nothing. Maybe I don't know how to search for this properly, but I did find this post by Dave Knechel, who has the blog marinadedave. He wrote this article after last Friday's hearing:

One of the most interesting things I’ve wondered about is Judge Strickland. He was the presiding judge from the onset. Subsequently, he was moved from criminal court to civil. This is standard procedure. Why, if he is now a civil judge, does he still handle this criminal case? The answer is quite simple. He chose to retain this case not for fame and glory. That is not his nature. He is very well liked and highly regarded. He is not egotistical. He chose to keep this one because he didn’t wish to unleash it on someone else. In other words, he chose the burden so no one else will have to go through it, and go through it, he will. This will be his baby through the end. I sensed that about him, just like Snoopy, AKA, Detwill39. He’s a very good man and is quite respected by his peers. Quite.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/george-speaks-casey-weeps/

Thanks,Tupelo.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »

I don't know if anyone else can relate to this, but it's been more than a year now, and this case has nearly destroyed me. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic when I say that, but I wish we could just get this thing over with and see Casey  tried and punished for what she did to her daughter. It's a sick world in which someone like her is able to recruit an army of truth-twisting "high-profile" lawyers to continually delay her trial and attempt to poison the potential jury pool with doubt and flurries of ridiculous motions and pleadings. I've had enough. I just want to hear the evidence that the SA has and see Casey finally get what she deserves. I have trouble sleeping because of this case, and numerous times it has kept me from my daily tasks.

I guess if Caylee had better grandparents, ones who didn't blow kisses or mouth "I LOVE YOUs" to her killer in the courtroom, I would feel better.

Rmcalo,I can relate.This is only the second case I have ever followed from the beginning,and it gets the best of me some days.
We will have to be patient,the trial will come.
The blowing kisses sent me over the edge the other day.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »

Does anyone know if Rob Dick and Tracy work for Tony Padilla or Leonard Padilla?

Hello, everyone.

Rob & Tracy work for Lenny. None of them work for Tony if I understand things right.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »

Hey, monkeys!  Thanks for the infor regarding Stan the Man's record.  I was sorely disappointed in his failure to swat down George's arrogance on Friday.  It's good to know that he is so highly regarded. It's reassuring that he is a decent man, but I worry that his evident sympathy for the "grieving grandparents" will cloud his judgement.  By the way, the defense seems to be scrambling.  They have veered off into a whole new direction with the "Casey is innocent" scenario.  When was the last time anyone, including G $ A mentioned Zanny the Nanny as kidnapping Caylee?  Is she now off the radar?

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.