April 27, 2024, 04:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251856 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: August 27, 2009, 05:26:31 PM »

Nejame offered to turn over the 32 searchers information, for Tim Miller to be deposed in Orlando and the defense would have to pay all the expenses. So I'm not really sure why this would be considered a big win for the defense.

I actually see this as a victory to Tim and TES.  It is only reasonable to assume if you go out and search and discover something you might be called as a witness.  I think what TIM really was fighting was the blanket disruption of all the searchers who helped.  Tim and Nejame basically told the judge, here is what we feel is reasonable if you can't allow all the searchers anywhere close privacy. 
Remember everyone, we want cASSy to get a fair trial, so we don't have appeals or a mistrial and start all over.  I have faith that if a person is of the character to go and search for a missing child, they won't lie to please the defense or for $. 
So, I think this was a win for TES and Tim and bozo got nothing but what was fair.  No victory for temple fang man.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: August 27, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Nejame offered to turn over the 32 searchers information, for Tim Miller to be deposed in Orlando and the defense would have to pay all the expenses. So I'm not really sure why this would be considered a big win for the defense.

Because he also gets to fish through all the rest of the records at Nejame's office on a fishing expedition...

It was said in open court that the State had already done so.  See my last post!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #642 on: August 27, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »

I actually see this as a victory to Tim and TES.  It is only reasonable to assume if you go out and search and discover something you might be called as a witness.  I think what TIM really was fighting was the blanket disruption of all the searchers who helped.  Tim and Nejame basically told the judge, here is what we feel is reasonable if you can't allow all the searchers anywhere close privacy. 
Remember everyone, we want cASSy to get a fair trial, so we don't have appeals or a mistrial and start all over.  I have faith that if a person is of the character to go and search for a missing child, they won't lie to please the defense or for $. 
So, I think this was a win for TES and Tim and bozo got nothing but what was fair.  No victory for temple fang man.
I agree with you, and you said it so much better than I could. Hope Miss Crystol is doing good this afternoon  an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: August 27, 2009, 05:32:25 PM »

If Tes was in my area I would still go and search regardless if some attorney could know all about me. It seems if you do search and find something important to a case you would become a witness and it would happen anyway.

I am a member of TES for the past 4 years. Nothing and no one would stop me from participating in a search. If the probability of snakes on my first search didn't stop me, then I am confident that there is nothing else that would stop me. If one finds something while on a search there are very strict guidelines in place to preserve the 'find.' And of course, in that case,  there is the possibility that one might be called to testify. However, I still wouldn't want anyone like BOZO and crew having my personal information unless I had been directly involved in the find.  Who in their right mind would want to be drug into this mess.
Are you aware of any other case with TES that something like this happened? I have not heard, just curious if you have. Probably Tim has had to testify before I'm sure, but the looking over the searchers info, I wonder if this has happened before?

No, I am not.  Honestly I wish TES had never come to FL for this search. It has cost so much not only financially, but emotionally for Tim.  And now it may even cost a lack of volunteers in the future. The family members are always so gracious and so thankful.....it tears one's heart out to know that the family is there praying that you (TES) will find their loved one.....bring them home....even if it's just one bone to give that loved one a proper burial and take away the 'not knowing.' Each and everyone that I have had the homor of speaking with have said it's the not knowing that is the most painful And the a's still haven't given Caylee a proper burial. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #644 on: August 27, 2009, 05:37:43 PM »

If Tes was in my area I would still go and search regardless if some attorney could know all about me. It seems if you do search and find something important to a case you would become a witness and it would happen anyway.

I am a member of TES for the past 4 years. Nothing and no one would stop me from participating in a search. If the probability of snakes on my first search didn't stop me, then I am confident that there is nothing else that would stop me. If one finds something while on a search there are very strict guidelines in place to preserve the 'find.' And of course, in that case,  there is the possibility that one might be called to testify. However, I still wouldn't want anyone like BOZO and crew having my personal information unless I had been directly involved in the find.  Who in their right mind would want to be drug into this mess.
Are you aware of any other case with TES that something like this happened? I have not heard, just curious if you have. Probably Tim has had to testify before I'm sure, but the looking over the searchers info, I wonder if this has happened before?

No, I am not.  Honestly I wish TES had never come to FL for this search. It has cost so much not only financially, but emotionally for Tim.  And now it may even cost a lack of volunteers in the future. The family members are always so gracious and so thankful.....it tears one's heart out to know that the family is there praying that you (TES) will find their loved one.....bring them home....even if it's just one bone to give that loved one a proper burial and take away the 'not knowing.' Each and everyone that I have had the homor of speaking with have said it's the not knowing that is the most painful And the a's still haven't given Caylee a proper burial. 
Thanks, I agree, and to add the horrible treatment Tim got from Cindy. 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: August 27, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »

I agree with you, and you said it so much better than I could. Hope Miss Crystol is doing good this afternoon  an angelic monkey

One more thing (do I say that a bunch or what? LOL)  No other defense attorney on the face of the earth would use innocent people to cloud the field to defend a killer.  If this is the best starting point they have - they are in a heap of trouble!  I don't think you would see any credible attorney go here..............but then we all know....................., and did I mention everything I type is IMHO.?

About the same - will update musings later.  Just had to do Heimlich maneuver on myself over an apple!  (Not really, but almost - I turned as red as that apple!)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: August 27, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »

No, I am not.  Honestly I wish TES had never come to FL for this search. It has cost so much not only financially, but emotionally for Tim.  And now it may even cost a lack of volunteers in the future. The family members are always so gracious and so thankful.....it tears one's heart out to know that the family is there praying that you (TES) will find their loved one.....bring them home....even if it's just one bone to give that loved one a proper burial and take away the 'not knowing.' Each and everyone that I have had the honor of speaking with have said it's the not knowing that is the most painful And the a's still haven't given Caylee a proper burial. 
Thanks, I agree, and to add the horrible treatment Tim got from Cindy. 

Don't even get me started on that!!   But I do look that Tim and TES found a wonderful friend in Mark Nejame. And a branch of TES was started in the Orlando area. And Tim learned a lot in Orlando....some bad, but IMO much good  for the organization. And for any future search of that magnitude. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: August 27, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

One more thing (do I say that a bunch or what? LOL)  No other defense attorney on the face of the earth would use innocent people to cloud the field to defend a killer.  If this is the best starting point they have - they are in a heap of trouble!  I don't think you would see any credible attorney go here..............but then we all know....................., and did I mention everything I type is IMHO.?

About the same - will update musings later.  Just had to do Heimlich maneuver on myself over an apple!  (Not really, but almost - I turned as red as that apple!)

Ya know I wubs ya Sis, but I think most sleazy criminal defense attorney's would do the same as BOZO...if their minds went that low.    I really don't even know why they are called defense attorneys slime ball would IMO be a much better moniker for them

Rest in Peace Caylee

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: August 27, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »

Sunny, I don't know Tim and my only experience with even seeing him was on TV, mostly the NG show. He seemed to be so hurt by the experience and the way the Anthonys treated him.  No gratitude, whatsoever.  In fact, they hindered his search at every turn.  I, too, wish he had never gone to FL for this search.  It only resulted in heartache for him and a lot of expense which could have gone to another search where the family would be cooperative and grateful and maybe result in finding a missing loved one.  It seems that  everyone the Anthonys and Baez touch have their lives disrupted.  They are like an albatross around everyone's neck.  Now with the release of the personal info of even 32 of the searchers, well, you know the internet.  What starts as a rumor soon becomes fact and many people have had their lives virtually ruined by it.  It doesn't really matter if someone has something questionable in their background.  It will be made up anyway. I think I would probably sue to keep my info private, even though I have nothing in my background to be ashamed of.  I wouldn't want my name on the internet in any context.  I think the judge is wrong.  But, he's the judge.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: August 27, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »

I think MNJ said in court that they had located and/or spoken to 22 of the 32 volunteers? Anyone else remember that?

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20582620/detail.html
Anthony Loses Motion To Limit Padilla's Testimony
Defense Does Win Access To Search Records

POSTED: 11:58 am EDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 5:42 pm EDT August 27, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge denied a motion late Thursday to quash testimony from the bail bonding team that got Casey Anthony out of jail last August.

That means prosecutors can use testimony of what they saw and heard in their case against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez sought the protective order to bar privileged testimony from Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin, and Robert Dick. The group was involved in helping bail out Anthony, and they spent much time around Anthony and her family before a fallout.

But Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland did not support the argument that the group was an extension of the defense counsel and covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Anthony's defense team, however, will have access to the records of 32 searchers who looked within a couple hundred yards of where Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

Strickland made that ruling earlier Thursday morning.
Anthony's defense is expected to use this new information to try to support their theory that Caylee's remains were put in the woods along Suburban Drive after Anthony was jailed by finding volunteers who will say they looked in the area and did not see anything. The remains were found in December.

The head of Texas Equusearch Tim Miller has said that the area where the remains were found was underwater in November and his team did not look in that area. Prosecutors also have testimony from the man who found Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, who said he saw the same bag containing the remains back in August. Finally, prosecutors also have testimony from a botanist who said that based on plant growth in and around the remains, they'd been there at least four months.

The judge also gave Anthony's defense the right to look further into Equusearch's records to see if they can identify anyone else who may have been in close proximity to the remains.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »

Because he also gets to fish through all the rest of the records at Nejame's office on a fishing expedition...

It was said in open court that the State had already done so.  See my last post!

???

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »

Sunny, I don't know Tim and my only experience with even seeing him was on TV, mostly the NG show. He seemed to be so hurt by the experience and the way the Anthonys treated him.  No gratitude, whatsoever.  In fact, they hindered his search at every turn.  I, too, wish he had never gone to FL for this search.  It only resulted in heartache for him and a lot of expense which could have gone to another search where the family would be cooperative and grateful and maybe result in finding a missing loved one.  It seems that  everyone the Anthonys and Baez touch have their lives disrupted.  They are like an albatross around everyone's neck.  Now with the release of the personal info of even 32 of the searchers, well, you know the internet.  What starts as a rumor soon becomes fact and many people have had their lives virtually ruined by it.  It doesn't really matter if someone has something questionable in their background.  It will be made up anyway. I think I would probably sue to keep my info private, even though I have nothing in my background to be ashamed of.  I wouldn't want my name on the internet in any context.  I think the judge is wrong.  But, he's the judge.

BB I agree with every word. I do think Tim was terribly hurt....but he still did what he does best. And it has cost him. But even that won't stop him.....he will continue to try and bring loved one's home.   I really have a lot of sympathy for the searchers.......those who have been identified and those that will undoubtedly be touched  adversely by the evil that surrounds kc, the family and the defense crew. Judge Strickland lost some respect from me with this decision. Not that he cares of course. Like you said, he is the judge. But has he gone soft??

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: August 27, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »

PDF on ruling.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20587563/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: August 27, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge denied a motion late Thursday to quash testimony from the bail bonding team that got Casey Anthony out of jail last August.

That means prosecutors can use testimony of what they saw and heard in their case against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez sought the protective order to bar privileged testimony from Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin, and Robert Dick. The group was involved in helping bail out Anthony, and they spent much time around Anthony and her family before a fallout.

But Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland did not support the argument that the group was an extension of the defense counsel and covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Anthony's defense team, however, will have access to the records of 32 searchers who looked within a couple hundred yards of where Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

Anthony's defense is expected to use this new information to try to support their theory that Caylee's remains were put in the woods along Suburban Drive after Anthony was jailed by finding volunteers who will say they looked in the area and did not see anything. The remains were found in December.

The head of Texas Equusearch Tim Miller has said that the area where the remains were found was underwater in November and his team did not look in that area. Prosecutors also have testimony from the man who found Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, who said he saw the same bag containing the remains back in August. Finally, prosecutors also have testimony from a botanist who said that based on plant growth in and around the remains, they'd been there at least four months.

The judge also gave Anthony's defense the right to look further into Equusearch's records to see if they can identify anyone else who may have been in close proximity to the remains.

Thank you Trimm,   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: August 27, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »

PTL.....!  I so want to hear what Tracy and Rob have to say. LOL...we all know what LP has to say!!  He is not shy!!   But it still sucks that the defense has the right to look at more, ANY TES records.

Rest in Peace Caylee

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: August 27, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »

Thank you Trimm!

video report:

http://www.wesh.com/video/20587937/index.html

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: August 27, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/27/tim_miller_material_witness_in_casey_case.html

Judge Says Padilla Isn't Required To Shut Up
Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:20:12 PM

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20583028/detail.html
Tim Miller To Testify In Casey Anthony Case

Posted: 12:23 pm EDT August 27, 2009Updated: 5:34 pm EDT August 27, 2009
"That the attorney for Timothy Miller … has agreed to present Timothy Miller as a representative of Texas Equusearch (TES) for deposition in Orlando, Florida," Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order (read it).

However, the defense will only get search records pertaining to the 32 volunteers who searched near the spot where Caylee's remains were ultimately found and they have to pay for the records.

"That the documents of the thirty-two (32) searchers, which were referenced by Mark E. NeJame as counsel for Timothy Miller and (TES) at the hearing on August 21, 2009, are to be disclosed to both the State and Defense," the judge further wrote in the order.

The judge also denied a motion and ruled Thursday (read it) that California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla was not part of the defense team.

That means statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her, can be made public.

The defense wanted records from all 4,000 volunteers who looked for Caylee, but the judge denied that.

"That all documents related to all the other searchers working with or under Texas Equusearch are not to be disclosed," Judge Stan Strickland wrote.
Casey's lawyers claim someone else dumped the remains near her home when Casey was in jail. She's still there, facing a possible death sentence for her daughter's murder.

Order on Miller.  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20582267/detail.html
Order on Padilla  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20587563/detail.html
Tim Miller to Testify Video.  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20587563/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/27/tim_miller_material_witness_in_casey_case.html

Judge Says Padilla Isn't Required To Shut Up
Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:20:12 PM

thanks Cece.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.