April 27, 2024, 05:05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251874 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #660 on: August 27, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

Thanks Trimm 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: August 27, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »

You're always welcome Trimm.   an angelic monkey

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-texas-equusearch-order-082709,0,5083861.story

A judge denied Casey Anthony's defense team's request to bar California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his associates from testifying about conversations they had with her.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland issued his ruling late this afternoon. He disagreed with Casey Anthony's defense team who claimed Padilla and crew were an extension of legal services provided by her defense attorney Jose Baez.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The 2-year-old's remains were found in December – five months after she was reported missing – in woods near her east Orange County home.

Padilla's nephew, Tony Padilla, helped post $50,000 premium required to bail her out of jail after her initial arrest last year.

Baez argued during a hearing Friday that the Padillas and their associates, Robert Dick and Tracy McLaughlin, were acting as agents of the defense counsel and should be covered by the attorney/client privilege.

McLaughlin stayed inside the home with Casey Anthony while the others stayed outside. They drove her to and from her attorney's office.

Casey Anthony's father, George Anthony, testified Friday that he believed the team was there for security for his family.

"It is reasonably clear to the Court that the individuals in question were not under the supervision or employment of counsel for the Defendant," Strickland wrote in his four-page ruling.

The team was "simply protecting their investment," Strickland added, referring to Casey Anthony's bond.

On Friday, prosecutors provided the judge with recorded law enforcement interviews of Padilla and the others. Strickland had planned to listen to the recordings before making his decision.

It's unclear how damaging their statements may be for the defense.

This was the second ruling Strickland made in the case today.

(snipped)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: August 27, 2009, 06:11:52 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/27/tim_miller_material_witness_in_casey_case.html

Judge Says Padilla Isn't Required To Shut Up
Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:20:12 PM
Thanks cece 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: August 27, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/27/tim_miller_material_witness_in_casey_case.html

Thanks cece 

You're welcome no rose.   an angelic monkey

Bring on the docs & the Padilla Team depos!!!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #664 on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20582620/detail.html
Anthony Loses Motion To Limit Padilla's Testimony
Defense Does Win Access To Search Records

POSTED: 11:58 am EDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 5:42 pm EDT August 27, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge denied a motion late Thursday to quash testimony from the bail bonding team that got Casey Anthony out of jail last August.

That means prosecutors can use testimony of what they saw and heard in their case against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez sought the protective order to bar privileged testimony from Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin, and Robert Dick. The group was involved in helping bail out Anthony, and they spent much time around Anthony and her family before a fallout.

But Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland did not support the argument that the group was an extension of the defense counsel and covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Anthony's defense team, however, will have access to the records of 32 searchers who looked within a couple hundred yards of where Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

Strickland made that ruling earlier Thursday morning.
Anthony's defense is expected to use this new information to try to support their theory that Caylee's remains were put in the woods along Suburban Drive after Anthony was jailed by finding volunteers who will say they looked in the area and did not see anything. The remains were found in December.

The head of Texas Equusearch Tim Miller has said that the area where the remains were found was underwater in November and his team did not look in that area. Prosecutors also have testimony from the man who found Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, who said he saw the same bag containing the remains back in August. Finally, prosecutors also have testimony from a botanist who said that based on plant growth in and around the remains, they'd been there at least four months.

The judge also gave Anthony's defense the right to look further into Equusearch's records to see if they can identify anyone else who may have been in close proximity to the remains.

Justice for Caylee is coming - slow but sure!

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #665 on: August 27, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »

Thanks cece 

Yeah!  I'm also satisfied with Judge Strickland's ruling on the Tim Miller issue.  Tim has nothing to hide!
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: August 27, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »

It looks like George's testimony helped the Judge with his decision.

(snipped from page two):

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: August 27, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »

Thanks cece interesting, George you screwed up.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: August 27, 2009, 06:49:20 PM »

Yes he did and because Bozo was more concerned about LP and co. about not making money off of this, he screwed up miserably too. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: August 27, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

Yes he did and because Bozo was more concerned about LP and co. about not making money off of this, he screwed up miserably too. 
oops....self edit

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »

yes
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »

Score for justice.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: August 27, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »

thanks trim!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »

Thanks cece 

YYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

Sunnyintx sorry my last post made you angry it wasnt intended to. I know that Tes and everyone involved with them put there heart in soul into these searches. Its understandiable why searchers would/could be upset about   there info being divulged. Sorry if I seemed to be insensitive to that as that was not my intent. It wouldnt surprise me if future TES forms have a disclaimer /forewarning about possibly appearing in court about a case. This case is setting precidence (sp?) for future cases.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

Nejame offered to turn over the 32 searchers information, for Tim Miller to be deposed in Orlando and the defense would have to pay all the expenses. So I'm not really sure why this would be considered a big win for the defense.

I actually see this as a victory to Tim and TES.  It is only reasonable to assume if you go out and search and discover something you might be called as a witness.  I think what TIM really was fighting was the blanket disruption of all the searchers who helped.  Tim and Nejame basically told the judge, here is what we feel is reasonable if you can't allow all the searchers anywhere close privacy. 
Remember everyone, we want cASSy to get a fair trial, so we don't have appeals or a mistrial and start all over.  I have faith that if a person is of the character to go and search for a missing child, they won't lie to please the defense or for $. 
So, I think this was a win for TES and Tim and bozo got nothing but what was fair.  No victory for temple fang man.
I agree with you, and you said it so much better than I could. Hope Miss Crystol is doing good this afternoon  an angelic monkey

One more thing (do I say that a bunch or what? LOL)  No other defense attorney on the face of the earth would use innocent people to cloud the field to defend a killer.  If this is the best starting point they have - they are in a heap of trouble!  I don't think you would see any credible attorney go here..............but then we all know....................., and did I mention everything I type is IMHO.?

About the same - will update musings later.  Just had to do Heimlich maneuver on myself over an apple!  (Not really, but almost - I turned as red as that apple!)

Ya know I wubs ya Sis, but I think most sleazy criminal defense attorney's would do the same as BOZO...if their minds went that low.    I really don't even know why they are called defense attorneys slime ball would IMO be a much better moniker for them

You know, I bet you are right.  One day, I will realize how evil this world and people can be - but I hope I am in heaven when I fully realize it. 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

I think MNJ said in court that they had located and/or spoken to 22 of the 32 volunteers? Anyone else remember that?

I recall NeJame saying 22/32 volunteer searchers had been notified as well at the August 21st hearing.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: August 27, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »

Sunnyintx sorry my last post made you angry it wasnt intended to. I know that Tes and everyone involved with them put there heart in soul into these searches. Its understandiable why searchers would/could be upset about   there info being divulged. Sorry if I seemed to be insensitive to that as that was not my intent. It wouldnt surprise me if future TES forms have a disclaimer /forewarning about possibly appearing in court about a case. This case is setting precidence (sp?) for future cases.

Oh no!  Absolutely not. Your post didn't offend me in the least. I am sorry if it seemed so.  ....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »

Nejame offered to turn over the 32 searchers information, for Tim Miller to be deposed in Orlando and the defense would have to pay all the expenses. So I'm not really sure why this would be considered a big win for the defense.

I actually see this as a victory to Tim and TES.  It is only reasonable to assume if you go out and search and discover something you might be called as a witness.  I think what TIM really was fighting was the blanket disruption of all the searchers who helped.  Tim and Nejame basically told the judge, here is what we feel is reasonable if you can't allow all the searchers anywhere close privacy. 
Remember everyone, we want cASSy to get a fair trial, so we don't have appeals or a mistrial and start all over.  I have faith that if a person is of the character to go and search for a missing child, they won't lie to please the defense or for $. 
So, I think this was a win for TES and Tim and bozo got nothing but what was fair.  No victory for temple fang man.
I agree with you, and you said it so much better than I could. Hope Miss Crystol is doing good this afternoon  an angelic monkey

One more thing (do I say that a bunch or what? LOL)  No other defense attorney on the face of the earth would use innocent people to cloud the field to defend a killer.  If this is the best starting point they have - they are in a heap of trouble!  I don't think you would see any credible attorney go here..............but then we all know....................., and did I mention everything I type is IMHO.?

About the same - will update musings later.  Just had to do Heimlich maneuver on myself over an apple!  (Not really, but almost - I turned as red as that apple!)

Ya know I wubs ya Sis, but I think most sleazy criminal defense attorney's would do the same as BOZO...if their minds went that low.    I really don't even know why they are called defense attorneys slime ball would IMO be a much better moniker for them

You know, I bet you are right.  One day, I will realize how evil this world and people can be - but I hope I am in heaven when I fully realize it. 

I have to keep reminding myself that there are evil people, who on the onset, look so normal!!  If I didn't, I honestly think I could start making excuses for some of the A's actions

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.