April 27, 2024, 04:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 145 8/24/09 - 9/4/09  (Read 251864 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: August 28, 2009, 06:16:34 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: August 28, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/08/casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-associates-could-be-called-at-trial.html
Casey Anthony: Is Leonard Padilla decision a setback for defense?
posted by halboedeker on Aug 27, 2009 5:42:29 PM
Discuss This: Comments (10) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is not part of the Casey Anthony defense team, the judge ruled today.

What does that mean?

"Statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her can be made public," WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt said.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said, "This latest ruling also means the state can call as a witness a woman named Tracy McLaughlin, who was an employee of Leonard Padilla's [and] who spent nine days in very close contact with Casey while Caylee was still missing."

What do you make of that? Sounds like a setback for the defense, which had wanted the statements blocked and testimony kept out of trial. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of Caylee, her daughter.

Later, WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone provided more insight about Padilla and the bounty hunter's team. "We don't know what's in those statements, but [defense attorney Jose] Baez does," Pipitone said. "And he didn't want it to be considered even for evidence. But we should know soon, because today's ruling means it opens the door for this to become public record."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: August 28, 2009, 06:36:43 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20583199/detail.html
Judge: Padilla Not Bound By Agreement
Defense To See Caylee Searcher Info

POSTED: Thursday, August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 7:03 pm EDT August 27, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge has ruled that attorney-client privilege does not extend to the bounty hunter who spent several days with Casey Anthony after bonding her out of jail last summer.
Defense attorney Jose Baez asked Judge Stan Strickland to bar Leonard Padilla from testifying about information obtained while guarding Casey Anthony, but the judge ruled on Thursday that a privacy agreement between Padilla and the defense is not valid.

Padilla posted Anthony's $500,000 bond last summer and Baez accepted the offer, but not before drawing up a privacy agreement he hoped would prevent Padilla and his associates from testifying about what was said in their presence.

In an order released Thursday afternoon, Strickland agreed with the assistant state attorney, who, in a hearing last week, argued that "only statements made in the rendition of legal services are subject to the privilege."

The state attorney's office said Padilla was not rendering a legal service, they were simply protecting their investment.

Anthony was considered an investment because if she ran, Padilla would have been out $500,000.

It is not known what Padilla heard during his time with Anthony, so it is not clear what impact this could have on the trial.

Earlier Thursday, Equusearch founder Tim Miller agreed to be deposed by Casey Anthony's defense team.

According to an order issued by Strickland, Miller's attorney, Mark NeJame, agreed to have Miller deposed as a representative of his search group.

In addition, Miller will turn over to the defense documents regarding the 4,000 volunteers who searched for Caylee Anthony.
Strickland said the defense cannot take notes or copy the records unless they claim -- and the judge agrees -- that the volunteers were in the "immediate proximity of where Caylee's body was later found."

Miller volunteered to provide the defense and the state with documents regarding the 32 searchers who were in the area where Caylee's remains were found during a search in August 2008.

Miller's status as a material witness in the murder case against Anthony was discussed at Friday's hearing.

At that hearing, Anthony's defense team announced its defense strategy. Attorney Jose Baez argued that Miller’s search near where Caylee's remains were later found proves that the toddler's remains were not in the wooded area at that time. Baez said that since Anthony was in jail, she could not have placed Caylee's body there.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter, Caylee's, death. Caylee was 2 when she was reported missing in July 2008.

After months of searching, Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive in East Orlando.

The area is near Anthony's family's home, and an Equusearch search had gone near the area but never actually searched the location where the remains were later found.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 28, 2009, 06:39:26 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/27/tim_miller_material_witness_in_casey_case.html
 Judge Says Padilla Isn't Required To Shut Up
Friday, August 28, 2009 5:21:54 AM
Reported By Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- A judge in the Casey Anthony murder case has issued two significant orders - one named Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller as a material witness and the other order  denied a request for a gag order for bail bondsman Leonard Padilla.

Last week, Miller and his attorney, Mark NeJame, held a press conference to reveal images that were taken during the group's search for Caylee Anthony. They said the photos were important new evidence.

Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, had previously asked a judge to make public the names of search volunteers.

Anthony's defense team wants to interview the volunteers. Her lawyers said since the group's searches found nothing and Caylee's body was discovered while Casey was in jail, someone else must have dumped the little girl's body in the woods. The body was discovered less than a mile from the Anthony home.

The group searched southeast Orange County for months, but stopped because of flooding.
Circuit Judge Stan Strickland did not issue an order forcing Texas EquuSearch to turn over the names and information of volunteers who took part in the search for Caylee Anthony.

Previously, Anthony's defense lawyers wanted to stop Padilla from talking to reporters and granting interviews. In arguments presented to Strickland, they contended that Padilla violated attorney-client privilege.

The court disagreed and declined to grant a gag order.

Judge Stan Strickland made the decisions Thursday morning.

~ Peter Frampton
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #744 on: August 28, 2009, 07:17:08 AM »

Haven't been able to keep caught up for the last few months,  but have been trying to catch up lately.  So if this has been discussed, please excuse me.

During the questioning of GA by Linda Drane Burdick...and she nonchalantly asked him the last name of his Ohio friend..and George objected..but then answered after he saw that he wasn't going to get any support from the judge.

What I was thinking was that she had a very definite purpose for asking that question in court that day...and she definitely wanted (and got) an answer.  Perhaps during GA's depo..he refused to answer that for her.  She let him know that she was going to get that answer one way or another.  

However, I think her REAL point was that I bet the next depo and on the next revised witness list will be Ohio Jim...and since he REALLy is a retired LE officer...he WILL tell the truth and not cover for the A's.  We will see if LP's account of the confrontation GA supposedly try to have with KC REALLY happened...plus a whole lot more hopefully.

Wasn't that the friend that was at the house with George when George made the "I'm sick of living a lie' comment? 
I believe we will discover the convo geo had with his friend, Jim, ...when responding to jim's question about what casey was telling them...geo responded with;: I am tired of all the lies.
I could be wrong, but that is how I always remembered that...Others have felt geo was referencing his own lies.
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #745 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »

WOOT WOOT!!  Score!  Padilla & crew can testify...I had no doubt.   Pretty ticked about the judge's ruling on the searches but it will backfire on the defense I just know it deep down...common sense & the obvious will prevail!!
Good moring -All because BOZO wouldnt part with a buck- no where in the world could a $1.00 : bought so much.
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »

Good moring -All because BOZO wouldnt part with a buck- no where in the world could a $1.00 : bought so much.

LOL thats right, and WE will all know soon since it will be made public, its obvious that Bozo is worried about what is in there. SCORE for the prosecution
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: August 28, 2009, 08:50:33 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!

It's Friday, a good day for new docs.   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #748 on: August 28, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »

Good morning monkeys! Was reading last nights' posts and noticed info (about 1:16) where it states Lee Anthony and Dominic Casey had visited Casey in jail.  Shows them together.  Would love to have been at that mtg!  Also check out Lee's attny (2:00) where he's backtracking his statements!  Love that Kathy Belich!!

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/lee-anthony-denies-that-it-was-him-on-the-phone-while-dominic-casey-was-at-the-remains-site-then-his-bumbling-attorney-turns-around-and-almost-incriminates-him/
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: August 28, 2009, 09:09:24 AM »

Good morning monkeys! Was reading last nights' posts and noticed info (about 1:16) where it states Lee Anthony and Dominic Casey had visited Casey in jail.  Shows them together.  Would love to have been at that mtg!  Also check out Lee's attny (2:00) where he's backtracking his statements!  Love that Kathy Belich!!

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/lee-anthony-denies-that-it-was-him-on-the-phone-while-dominic-casey-was-at-the-remains-site-then-his-bumbling-attorney-turns-around-and-almost-incriminates-him/

i remember this when it was on tv and thought, what a moron..but if Lee and Dom went to jail to see Casey and spoke with her, wouldnt LE have that on tape? even if they were speaking in code
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: August 28, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

I know KC hasn't visited with C&G in jail since she was arrested last October.   Did she actually visit with DCasey and Lee after she was arrested as this video suggests?   You can see them at the jail, but did KC refuse their visit or did they actually get to speak with her?      If the visit took place - isn't the jail allowed to videotape the visit since they aren't clergy or members of her defense team?
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: August 28, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »

Jesse -    we are thinking the same thing.    LE should have a recording of the visit, if it took place!
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: August 28, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »

Hi Monkey People! It's been awhile since I've posted in Caylees thread. I'm still trying to keep up with everything going on. It's just a shame this trial probably won't start till next summer. I just think that's totally  utterly rediculous!! But, that's just me.

Anyways, here's to help with the doc dump dance:

Go Monkeys!  Go Justice!     

RIP Sweet Puppy
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #753 on: August 28, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »

Jesse -    we are thinking the same thing.    LE should have a recording of the visit, if it took place!
Maybe they do.  But if the state hasn't turned it over to the defense, IIRC it may not be released?  Could they be holding it back for trial?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: August 28, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!

It's Friday, a good day for new docs.   

~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: August 28, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »

Hi Monkey People! It's been awhile since I've posted in Caylees thread. I'm still trying to keep up with everything going on. It's just a shame this trial probably won't start till next summer. I just think that's totally  utterly rediculous!! But, that's just me.

Anyways, here's to help with the doc dump dance:

Go Monkeys!  Go Justice!     

Hi QM.  I agree.   I can't see why it couldn't start in the late winter/early spring.   Another whole year?     

I bet it starts while I'm on vacation next summer.   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: August 28, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »

Maybe they do.  But if the state hasn't turned it over to the defense, IIRC it may not be released?  Could they be holding it back for trial?

Could be.   That would be soooooo sweet.   But you would think DCasey would have known better than that.    Lee might be that stupid - but is DCasey that stupid?     
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20582620/detail.html
Anthony Loses Motion To Limit Padilla's Testimony
Defense Does Win Access To Search Records

POSTED: 11:58 am EDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 6:31 am EDT August 28, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge denied a motion late Thursday to quash testimony from the bail bonding team that got Casey Anthony out of jail last August.

That means prosecutors can use testimony of what they saw and heard in their case against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez sought the protective order to bar privileged testimony from Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin, and Robert Dick. The group was involved in helping bail out Anthony, and they spent much time around Anthony and her family before a fallout.
But Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland did not support the argument that the group was an extension of the defense counsel and covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Anthony's defense team, however, will have access to the records of 32 searchers who looked within a couple hundred yards of where Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

Strickland made that ruling earlier Thursday morning.

Anthony's defense is expected to use this new information to try to support their theory that Caylee's remains were put in the woods along Suburban Drive after Anthony was jailed by finding volunteers who will say they looked in the area and did not see anything. The remains were found in December.

The head of Texas Equusearch Tim Miller has said that the area where the remains were found was underwater in November and his team did not look in that area. Prosecutors also have testimony from the man who found Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, who said he saw the same bag containing the remains back in August. Finally, prosecutors also have testimony from a botanist who said that based on plant growth in and around the remains, they'd been there at least four months.
The judge also gave Anthony's defense the right to look further into Equusearch's records to see if they can identify anyone else who may have been in close proximity to the remains.

~ Peter Frampton
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: August 28, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

yea the only drawback would be if she refused to see them, then there isnt any tape, but the fact that they BOTH went there, tells me all i need to know.
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: August 28, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »

As far as the LP factor, i just find it interesting that Tracy wanted immunity to tell what she knows, as NG says, WHY!!!....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.