April 19, 2024, 10:08:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Was Snubbed in Amman Jordan  (Read 2280 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: November 29, 2006, 11:57:09 PM »

Bush Was Snubbed in Amman Jordan Today, November 29, 2006

Bush-Abdullah-Maliki Talks Fall Apart at Last Minute

President George W. Bush arrived Wednesday evening in Jordan for crucial talks with the Iraqi prime minister but a three-way summit with Nuri al-Maliki and King Abdullah II was canceled at the last minute. Bush flew all the way to Jordan for this important meeting. Before Bush got off his plane, he received a fax that Maliki would not attend the scheduled meeting. Shortly before the message from Maliki, a New York paper published a leaked memo wherein our government was discussing whether Maliki even had the power to control Iraq, thus how could we talk to him? Others have speculated that Abdullah did not want to speak in front of Maliki. Abdullah has said that he foresees three civil wars going on at the same time in the Middle East if we don't do something fast. "We" means everyone around the table and even those who hide out in the background of the table, I believe the only other voice of reason in the Middle East besides Israel, is Abdullah of Jordan who follows his father's (Hussein) footsteps in being a democratic monarchy.

White House counselor Dan Bartlett denied that the move was a snub by Maliki or was related to the leak of a White House memo questioning the prime minister's capacity for controlling violence in Iraq. "It was going to be more of a social meeting anyway." He said the king and the prime minister had met before Bush's arrival. "It negated the purpose for a meeting of the three of them," Bartlett said. "The president and prime minister Maliki will have a very robust and lengthy dialogue tomorrow [Thursday] morning."

Following talks with Maliki earlier Wednesday, Abdullah called on Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq to end their differences and take a "unified stance to ban the bloodshed of the Muslims." "There is no other solution to the crisis in Iraq than a political process and national reconciliation among all the Iraqi factions," the king told Maliki, according to a court statement.

In my entire life, I've never seen an American president snubbed in this way. I've never heard of such a high level meeting canceled at the last minute upon a whim. I'm sure Bush was outraged and taking out his anger on his staff, cursing and shouting. How could they dare to cancel a meeting when I've flown all night to Jordan? I'm sure he is steaming.

And further, I think Bush is being "held hostage" because because he just has to cool his heels until Maliki is ready.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:10:03 AM »

I can see the Democrats leaking this memo equal to any disgruntled republican. That is where I have a real issue with both political parties, for it places our national security at risk.

Anyone who feels Iraq is worthy of pandering to by any of our leaders I fear is gravely mistaken, diplomatic discussion yes within reason, but being held hostage no. Iraq plotting our demise.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 11:11:25 AM »

It might be time to take our troops out of harm's way and make glass.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »

Louise, I have read that Bush is not one to curse his staff, not even those who work in the kitchen and from many who say he and Laura are the nicest couple that has been in the White House while they have been there and treat the hired help very well, that they are less demanding and more appreciative of and often go in the kitchen after dinner parties to thank workers individually.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:17:38 PM »

Dear Tyler,

Thank you for educating me. I'm happy to know it. Sounds like they are very nice.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.