March 29, 2024, 12:35:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 408240 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1020 on: September 27, 2009, 01:15:59 AM »

Hi Gizzie,
Grandson loves your little pumkin.  Thinks it's cool

Hi Green Eyes, tell grandson I said thank you!  I had a spider there, but it makes my posts really big. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1021 on: September 27, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

How about you, GE? Do you decorate for Halloween?

With Grand kids here I am sure we will. I got rid of all my decorations when we moved. So will have to start over. 

I still decorate cookies, too! Well, I decorate some and others, I sort of cheat on. I've got a few tricks..............

You can take nutter butters and dip them for perfect little ghosts!

Little Debbie brownies, halved, make great Frankenstein heads!   

How cool. Will have to try with youngest GS

Let me know before you go get the stuff to decorate with, because there's a lot of short cuts and kids love to make them!

You know the fudge striped cookies from Keeblers?  Flip one so the stripes are down. Put a hershey's kiss in the middle, and then pipe an icing "hat band" to join them. Perfect Witch's Hat!   

Well, aren't you a little Martha Stewart....

Now I need to go to the store to give gs something to do tomorrow.

You and me both.  I use to love doing all that stuff when the kids were little.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1022 on: September 27, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »

Are any of you going to dress up for halloween? 

I'm usually playing dog catcher with our dogs while husband passes out candy.  Not a fun night with these barking dogs! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1023 on: September 27, 2009, 01:19:16 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

With Grand kids here I am sure we will. I got rid of all my decorations when we moved. So will have to start over. 

I still decorate cookies, too! Well, I decorate some and others, I sort of cheat on. I've got a few tricks..............

I can visualize the Nutter Butter's - that's a cool trick.  What I'm not understanding, is the Debbie brownies?

OK............... since you're handicapped from over-exposure, I'll explain.   

Little Debbie Brownies are sort of long rectangles and not very thick. They have flat icing on them and are actually scored in the middle. If you break them in half, at the score, you end up with almost perfect squares. All you have to do is put a short piece of a twizzle for neck bolts in, pipe a "crack" at the forehead, and slap on mini M&M's for eyes and 2 or 3 for a mouth and you have Frankenstein!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1024 on: September 27, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

I can visualize the Nutter Butter's - that's a cool trick.  What I'm not understanding, is the Debbie brownies?

Little Debbie Brownies are sort of long rectangles and not very thick. They have flat icing on them and are actually scored in the middle. If you break them in half, at the score, you end up with almost perfect squares. All you have to do is put a short piece of a twizzle for neck bolts in, pipe a "crack" at the forehead, and slap on mini M&M's for eyes and 2 or 3 for a mouth and you have Frankenstein!

Gotcha!   Are you REALLY going to be using M&M's for anything?
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: September 27, 2009, 01:21:35 AM »

I don't have any little kids, but I've got a couple of friends that are BIGGER kids than any 4 year olds! The office gets a kick out of them too!

That sounds like fun! I remember seeing a cake, and the headstones were made from, I forget the cookies, they come in a small bag, expensive, brands like machadamia chocolate chip or something...anyway, that brand, they made cool headstones on the cake! I probably didn't make a lick of sense with that. 

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1026 on: September 27, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »

I don't have any little kids, but I've got a couple of friends that are BIGGER kids than any 4 year olds! The office gets a kick out of them too!

That sounds like fun! I remember seeing a cake, and the headstones were made from, I forget the cookies, they come in a small bag, expensive, brands like machadamia chocolate chip or something...anyway, that brand, they made cool headstones on the cake! I probably didn't make a lick of sense with that. 

Yes, you are making sense.  They are those Pepperidge Farm cookies...what's the name of those things?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1027 on: September 27, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

Let me know before you go get the stuff to decorate with, because there's a lot of short cuts and kids love to make them!

You know the fudge striped cookies from Keeblers?  Flip one so the stripes are down. Put a hershey's kiss in the middle, and then pipe an icing "hat band" to join them. Perfect Witch's Hat!   

Martha drives me nuts! She'd NEVER use a store bought cookie! 

She'd plant the wheat, harvest it, grind it herself, sift it, mix it with her own sugar cane crop, and her freshly churned butter and then have the nerve to look into a camera and say...... "It's a Good Thing"!   Rolling Eyes

Screw that!   
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1028 on: September 27, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »

Are any of you going to dress up for halloween? 

I haven't dressed up in years! And my youngest is 15, he's "too old for that stuff, mom"! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1029 on: September 27, 2009, 01:25:29 AM »

Yes, you are making sense.  They are those Pepperidge Farm cookies...what's the name of those things?

Milano, I think. YEP!!! That works too!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1030 on: September 27, 2009, 01:26:08 AM »

If you get a large pumpkin and then get two different small gourds and an Indian corn. You cut the small gourds in half and use one for the eyes and the other for the ears the corn for the nose and the eye brows. A twig for the mouth. They make really cool center pieces. You have to secure the pieces with small nails.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: September 27, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »

YES! Those! What are they?

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1032 on: September 27, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

Martha drives me nuts! She'd NEVER use a store bought cookie! 

She'd plant the wheat, harvest it, grind it herself, sift it, mix it with her own sugar cane crop, and her freshly churned butter and then have the nerve to look into a camera and say...... "It's a Good Thing"!   Rolling Eyes

Screw that!   

TRUE!
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: September 27, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »

Milano, I think. YEP!!! That works too!   

That's the ones! Yea, it looked pretty cool! And there was other little things around it, but it was neat!

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1034 on: September 27, 2009, 01:28:06 AM »

YES! Those! What are they?

Milano's
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2009, 01:29:18 AM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
But don't they make orange & black ones for halloween.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1036 on: September 27, 2009, 01:30:44 AM »

If you get a large pumpkin and then get two different small gourds and an Indian corn. You cut the small gourds in half and use one for the eyes and the other for the ears the corn for the nose and the eye brows. A twig for the mouth. They make really cool center pieces. You have to secure the pieces with small nails.

Oh, that sounds neat too! The only thing I was ever creative with is dried flower arrangements. Have them all over my house. My favorite is the eucalyptus leaves, they smell really good!

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1037 on: September 27, 2009, 01:32:27 AM »

Hi JCJackie & CBB

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1038 on: September 27, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »

They use to make halloween cakes with all that neat stuff with oreo cookies smashed up to look like dirt. This year it's all with veggies how fun is that. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1039 on: September 27, 2009, 01:33:31 AM »

There is absolutely no significance to the fact that Jackie and I knew the name of those cookies............ 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.