April 24, 2024, 05:50:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 409123 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1340 on: September 29, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »

Evening, all!  Leaving a message, hoping someone will have an answer.  Has anyone seen our monkey Shell lately?  She sued to post late nights in Caylee's thread.  I haven't seen her in a looong time, but I haven't been keeping up too well and maybe missed her.  I was worried she may have left SM , but it appears she last logged in on September 25th.  She just had really good insights and points that we could use in Caylee's thread (or any thread, for that matter).  I firmly believe everyone contributes something here.  TIA! 

ISpy~  I saw the same thing, that Shell last logged in on Sept. 25th.  I am wondering if she's really busy and just came by to catch up on reading?  Hopefully she saw your post and will stop in and visit next time.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1341 on: September 29, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »

ISpy~  I went back and looked at some of Shell's last posts, and she was trying to get packed and ready to move into the new house, so I think she's probably been really, really busy.  Hope she comes by to see us and posts some pics of the house. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1342 on: September 30, 2009, 12:55:48 AM »

Look at that face~  Deenie has headlights    I guess she had to put her mark on the rug.  I'll bet there's a crafty monkey around here that could help you figure out how to fix that hole or maybe camouflage it  I had a spot that got damaged in my wall to wall carpet way back when, and the carpet guy took a bit out of the closet, made a patch and fixed the hole.  I keep some extra carpet on hand just for that now.  But since yours is an area rug, I don't know.   
Deenie's Ears need a landing strip ... lol
Oh Muffy this was a very expensive rug for me ( I bought it from Overstock at a huge savings)  and I was able to admire it for a very short time " hours" ... WAAA. I have learned my lesson though, I will never ever buy a wool rug again. I swear that there was a chemical in the rug or scent that made Deenie dig into it. I think she could smell the hemp like backing or something. She ate part of the side too .. I was able to camouflage it with a Milk Chocolate colored Perm Marker. Was a easy fix and You cannot tell. Was a very small area. I hope there is a Crafty Monkey .. Maybe GreenEyes would know how I can fix it.. ??

Hi Sweet Deenie,
I know the feeling you went thought with your little fur baby. I really don't know how to fix it. But I would try and find a yarn store that sales wool yarn and search for a color that matches as closely as I could. Then get a small piece of rug backing like when you latch hook rugs. And latch hook a piece a little bigger than where she chewed or dug the hole. Then trim the yarn down so it matches the nap of your rug. Then trim it to fit in the hole and use fabric glue to hold it in place. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe someone else can come up with a better way.
I hope it helps. Take Care & God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1343 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »

Good Evening Green Eyes ..........  an angelic monkey

You were a mention this evening .. don't know if you read. Or can help with my Deenie Holy Rug ?

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1344 on: September 30, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »

Look at that face~  Deenie has headlights    I guess she had to put her mark on the rug.  I'll bet there's a crafty monkey around here that could help you figure out how to fix that hole or maybe camouflage it  I had a spot that got damaged in my wall to wall carpet way back when, and the carpet guy took a bit out of the closet, made a patch and fixed the hole.  I keep some extra carpet on hand just for that now.  But since yours is an area rug, I don't know.   
Oh Muffy this was a very expensive rug for me ( I bought it from Overstock at a huge savings)  and I was able to admire it for a very short time " hours" ... WAAA. I have learned my lesson though, I will never ever buy a wool rug again. I swear that there was a chemical in the rug or scent that made Deenie dig into it. I think she could smell the hemp like backing or something. She ate part of the side too .. I was able to camouflage it with a Milk Chocolate colored Perm Marker. Was a easy fix and You cannot tell. Was a very small area. I hope there is a Crafty Monkey .. Maybe GreenEyes would know how I can fix it.. ??

Hi Sweet Deenie,
I know the feeling you went thought with your little fur baby. I really don't know how to fix it. But I would try and find a yarn store that sales wool yarn and search for a color that matches as closely as I could. Then get a small piece of rug backing like when you latch hook rugs. And latch hook a piece a little bigger than where she chewed or dug the hole. Then trim the yarn down so it matches the nap of your rug. Then trim it to fit in the hole and use fabric glue to hold it in place. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe someone else can come up with a better way.
thats a good Idea I can do that too .. WOW thank you

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1345 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:23 AM »

Hi Sweet Deenie,
thats a good Idea I can do that too .. WOW thank you
Your Welcome. That's all I could think of without trying to pick up the rug attack a piece of the little square thing to the back and then latch hook your yarn into place, and trim it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1346 on: September 30, 2009, 01:20:27 AM »

CBB, here is a link to one of the songs that Streisand sang at a club in the village the other night.  I hope this works.  She hasn't played in a club since 1962.

http://music.aol.com/video/wee-small-hours-of-the-morning/barbra-streisand/sony:42283366001

She's great....has always been one of my favorites.  Thanks, San. 

You're welcome 2NJ.  I want to know how come she didn't invite me to her show.   Actually I saw her twice in concernt and she was great.

For San
Barbara and Judy ~ Being Girls 1963

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IgJ7Ia9O9JQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/IgJ7Ia9O9JQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

Thank you Deenie.  I love when they sang together.  To me they are probably two of the best women singers of all time.  Here was another song they sang together where they combined Happy Days and Get Happy.  Their voices so crisp and clear.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKl7K4v9AoU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oKl7K4v9AoU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1347 on: September 30, 2009, 01:59:31 AM »

San Goosebumps in a Good Way ......... I love that era of Music.

One of my ever favorite movies was made in 1968. I have seen it countless times.
I should own it. Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet.
Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting. Not only is the music amazing the words are breathtaking.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UfUd03qOxE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6UfUd03qOxE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

It is one of my Favorite Movies that I could watch  over and over and Never lose Enchantment of. We will never see a movie like this made again not in our times.  So many incredible movies from the past are being re-conditioned and losing their " beauty" that was created within the first version.

Its like transferring a record album 33 to CD or DVD they lose the sound of nostalgia that was part of why they were so awe in the first place.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1348 on: September 30, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

Hi Deenie, I love your little "Deenie"! How precious! My favorite dogs are chihuahuas, and she is too cute! Thanks for sharing! Turning in now, hope you have a good night!  an angelic monkey

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1349 on: September 30, 2009, 02:25:39 AM »

I have to add that when my Daughter who is now ( almost 19) asked me when she was around "7" years old .......

MOM whats a Record? She was staring at her Grandparents Stereo that played Records which they hardly used because they never had time. Yet had tons of albums next to the stereo itself. And I think back to my day when I was her age that is all I had. I had records. I had a Ton of 45's mostly Motown and Some albums. Hah at 7 yrs old I had albums of " Partridge Family" and " The Monkees", "Cher" and I would sneak my Dad's albums... One in particular which was Johnny Rivers .. omg.. For some reason I loved the Song Secret Agent Man. 
I remember being taught at a very early age to treat a record needle as if it were priceless - when taking the tiny bit of lint off of it... And my Daughter who is not yet 20 has never known the feeling nor has ever experienced a Record player nor stereo that played records ..that Blows my mind. Is that not ??
Yet we can not produce a Car that is efficient in energy, We cannot cure Cancer but we can reconstruct Sound.. in a very short time. That CD's are not going to exist within a very short time. It will all be a bit of code to download and that's it. Yet your going to have to have the " Right equipment" in order to download, hear such music which is where the $$ comes in.
That is sad because Choice is no longer. Choice is a rare breed.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iaR3WO71j4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6iaR3WO71j4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>
* I think I must have liked the back beat of this song ..the lyrics are um Hmm.
reminds me of April March who I found last year - a group of French girls which the lyrics are not much better ..lol ...its the mid 60's Surfer spin of the music ....I think that grabs my ear.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljTQVyWJ8uA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ljTQVyWJ8uA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1</a>

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1350 on: September 30, 2009, 02:27:21 AM »

Hi Deenie, I love your little "Deenie"! How precious! My favorite dogs are chihuahuas, and she is too cute! Thanks for sharing! Turning in now, hope you have a good night!  an angelic monkey
You Too Gizzie ((Hugs)) We will find each other soon.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1351 on: September 30, 2009, 05:11:38 AM »

Happy Birthday MyTime!  I hope you are reading today and know that you are loved and missed.  I know you are going through an awful lot now and want you to know your friends are here for you.....

Yikes!  I missed it!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1352 on: September 30, 2009, 05:24:56 AM »

Are any of you going to dress up for halloween? 

Yes.  I think I might go as one of Dolce's twins.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1353 on: September 30, 2009, 05:49:10 AM »

If you get a large pumpkin and then get two different small gourds and an Indian corn. You cut the small gourds in half and use one for the eyes and the other for the ears the corn for the nose and the eye brows. A twig for the mouth. They make really cool center pieces. You have to secure the pieces with small nails.

Oh, that sounds neat too! The only thing I was ever creative with is dried flower arrangements. Have them all over my house. My favorite is the eucalyptus leaves, they smell really good!

Don't sale your self short. Those are hard to do. I never thought about using eucalpyus leaves. I bet they do smell good.

They are kinda hard, and time consuming, with the glue gun and all, ugh, but so worth it! Eucalyptus smells great, even after some time has passed. I have ones I made probably 5 years ago that still have a slight scent.

I would love to learn to quilt. I've read about yours, and I'm jealous! 

Pictures please!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1354 on: September 30, 2009, 05:59:12 AM »

I think we need to start a couple new threads for CRAFTS and Geneology.  Whatcha think?

What if you're not talented and got here by stork?

You sound pretty crafty.  Forget what you were told, the stork didn't bring you!

You are right, Jackie, we ordered her out of a catalog.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1355 on: September 30, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1356 on: September 30, 2009, 07:36:59 AM »

Brachiate,
Love your new Avi. Was wondering how Cyrus' bath went today? I still would have loved to see a picture of him his coat of many colors. 

His bath went fine, as in he doesn't mind them. Unfortunately, the coloring didn't come completely out. So he has sorta faded pastel splotches now.

But I think I'm going to do it again with a real pattern in mind and enter him in a Pet Costume contest. I'll post pictures on that for sure!

(why, yes, yes I am a wee bit batty 

A wee bit batty and a wee bit monkey=perfect!  I guess that is the reason your primate can fly!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1357 on: September 30, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Good morning, Trimmy!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1358 on: September 30, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »

Brachiate,
Love your new Avi. Was wondering how Cyrus' bath went today? I still would have loved to see a picture of him his coat of many colors. 

Me too!  I was wondering about Cyrus this morning. flower

Hiya KCJackie!

Thanks for thinking of the big guy! He's no worse for the wear. 

My new avatar is pretty cool, huh? CBB does good work!

I can't wait to see him dressed as a reindeer for the holidays!

rendeer

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1359 on: September 30, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »

Hi YA'ALL

Hiya Green Eyes!

Yep, saddle and food coloring and a blonde 'fright wig' for a mane  Monkey Devil!

He has to have one of these:

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.