April 24, 2024, 10:08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 409132 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1540 on: October 02, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »

Searching, Capp and Cookie, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I look at SM as a family and sometimes family doesn't get along all the time. Even tho you might have been bitten by a poster, Please think that your post may have helped someone unwilling to share their information and is sitting there in pain. You can't let the negativity get to you, look at the bigger picture. We come from all walks of life, all situations and each one of us come with certain baggage. Ignore the snotty posts and post what you feel is right. There are people who hang in the rafters or are guests that might take some comfort in what you share. You never know whom you are helping!!

Hugs to all monkeys!!   

Thank you Boo. I have stopped posting and had not been posting anywhere until HH used her twitter and my posts here to attack me, that is when I went there and posted 3 posts I think about what she was doing,what was going on and how hurt I am that a monkey would do that to me. I always thought of SM as a family,but it was getting to the point of everything I posted was getting used to argue with me,so I just stopped posting all together,and when I did,the attacks started elsewhere. I do not feel safe sharing anything any more, I did and was proud of all I had over come,but today,I just want to lay down and die. I never ever thought that someone from here would do something so horrible, and what I shared here was meant for here, not to be taken by them and used against me elsewhere. I do not post anymore because of this and if it was looked into and read back, some would see what I am saying. This hurts way more then anyone could imagine because I trusted my life's experiences were safe here with monkeys. To live it was one thing,to have it used against me is another.makes me sorry I survived the ordeal, but I did and I have to live with the nightmares as it is,bad enough without it being used against me.. I have been asking for someone to step in and ask them to stop and no one did, and it has gotten worse and worse. I am just so sorry I shared my experiences now and it will never happen again, I will pick up the pieces and move on, but I will never share anything again.I will not be posting anymore well, I am sure it is clear why. I had not been posting and this still happened..

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1541 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

Klaas doesn't need my 2 cents here, but if there is anything I can do to echo and reinforce her post, I want to. What she said has applications to a lot of situations, and during my years here, I have had to think through, for my own personal peace, my sense of what is right when it comes to SM posters and how their actions measure up to what SM's response can be. My conclusions don't carry any particular weight on this forum; I'm not an administrator, but I will say that they mirror Klaas's post.

If exchanges, or challenges occur here, then it can and will be dealt with here, on SM. We can all bear witness to that. When SM posters go to other sites and conflicts arise there, I don't think it's possible to hold SM accountable to take action on anyone's behalf. If anyone representing SM can fairly address what crops up here, then that's quite an accomplishment, and quite enough to expect, IMO. Klaas does an amazing job with that responsibility, and I personally know that sometimes keeping her focus just here is difficult because she really cares about posters who are involved in outside conflicts with each other.

On the rare occasion that these situations enter my world of concern, I glimpse how hard that is. I rarely go to any other site. It doesn't make me happy and it doesn't make me feel good, but ultimately it feels right to me to take posters at face value based on what they present while interacting on Scared Monkeys alone.

I don't speak for Klaas nor post this as a moderator, there's no red ink here. I just wanted to express on the forum, what I have expressed privately to others in similar situations that have caused me concern and sadness. I also think and hope it should be a comfort to posters to know that they can freely visit other sites and participate there without fear of that interaction affecting their membership at SM. Specifically bashing SM is another topic, just as creating an entire false identity that is asserted on SM is, but no poster need fear repurcussion from SM otherwise.

Those are my observations, for whatever they're worth, and I appreciate the chance to express them.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1542 on: October 02, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »

I also wanted to add that others can take a monkey name to another site and pretend to be them. There is no certainty that the person saying bad things is the real monkey!!!

True, Boo, and thanks!  The posts being 'quoted' and taken over, can have all sorts of changes made, taken out context, etc.  It's all part of trying to inflame and make war.  Like others have also mentioned.  All or any of this (and sadly many other ways), could be in part, why it seems that some fellow monkeys are posting differently in other places, than they are here.  And what you've said, that there is no certainty, gives even more reason not to let it get to us too easily.  IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1543 on: October 02, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »

.Im gonna address this one time and one time only....as far as my involvment in anything goes, let me say that I responded on twitter to a pm that a person sent me showing where some were talking about my Sister that has been missing since I was 7 years old and calling me a liar and saying that (they) researched it and couldnt find anything true about it........NOW......what business is it of yours to research anything to do with my family, My sister is indeed missing and has been most of my llife, how in the world could you have researched something that you have no idea the name of my sister.......her birthdate ......where we lived when this happened ......her parents names or anything else to aid you in her dissapearance......

I do believe that some must have been very bored to stoop to such a level just because they wanted to prove me to be liar........you think you are the only one that has ever suffered in life....NO.....and I had no idea when I mentioned the dissapearance of my sister that someone .... would jump right on the computor and try to prove anything about it.....and this was done several several months ago, I have never ever done a thing to cause that to go on....but it did...out of pure spite and intent because someone just didnt like me , and for what, I have always tried to help on the forum.....I even went to Satsuma because I lived so close to it becaue everyone was wanting information from there, so I took it upon myself to make the trip and came back thinking I was doing something good for everyone in the HaLeigh forum by posting my information on the trip.....just to get talked about and rideculed for going....whats up with that....I would never ever be mean to any of my fellow Monkeys just for the sake of being mean......Im not that kind of a person.....but I will not sit back while someone talks about me over and over without a reason to.......Good Day....

And that had what to do with me? I was not even posting and I will say this, it is what you always do, make an excuse for your bad behavior. I was out of town so don't go there. and you are telling me you used something from months ago that someone showed you on monday to attack me with my posts here? you have problems. I have not even been posting anywhere.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1544 on: October 02, 2009, 11:51:58 AM »

I also wanted to add that others can take a monkey name to another site and pretend to be them. There is no certainty that the person saying bad things is the real monkey!!!

ITA BooMonkey.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1545 on: October 02, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »

.Im gonna address this one time and one time only....as far as my involvment in anything goes, let me say that I responded on twitter to a pm that a person sent me showing where some were talking about my Sister that has been missing since I was 7 years old and calling me a liar and saying that (they) researched it and couldnt find anything true about it........NOW......what business is it of yours to research anything to do with my family, My sister is indeed missing and has been most of my llife, how in the world could you have researched something that you have no idea the name of my sister.......her birthdate ......where we lived when this happened ......her parents names or anything else to aid you in her dissapearance......

I do believe that some must have been very bored to stoop to such a level just because they wanted to prove me to be liar........you think you are the only one that has ever suffered in life....NO.....and I had no idea when I mentioned the dissapearance of my sister that someone .... would jump right on the computor and try to prove anything about it.....and this was done several several months ago, I have never ever done a thing to cause that to go on....but it did...out of pure spite and intent because someone just didnt like me , and for what, I have always tried to help on the forum.....I even went to Satsuma because I lived so close to it becaue everyone was wanting information from there, so I took it upon myself to make the trip and came back thinking I was doing something good for everyone in the HaLeigh forum by posting my information on the trip.....just to get talked about and rideculed for going....whats up with that....I would never ever be mean to any of my fellow Monkeys just for the sake of being mean......Im not that kind of a person.....but I will not sit back while someone talks about me over and over without a reason to.......Good Day....

And that had what to do with me? I was not even posting and I will say this, it is what you always do, make an excuse for your bad behavior. I was out of town so don't go there. and you are telling me you used something from months ago that someone showed you on monday to attack me with my posts here? you have problems. I have not even been posting anywhere.
No I didnt attack you, and because you were the one that said you had researched my sister missing and couldnt find out anything about it, that it belonged to a different family....I didnt attack you at all........but you sure felt the need to attack me and make fun of my families dispear and hurt......do you think I felt good about that....NO.......so just remember that others have feelings too and I had never said a bad word to you or about you but you took it upon yourself to look up stuff about my Sister, remember alot of talking went on on that other forum and it was about other also.....so dont come and try to blame it all on me.....because I didnt do it.......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1546 on: October 02, 2009, 11:58:22 AM »

they also use multiple identities to gang up on a poster...have had this happen to me...to make it look like there are a bunch of posters who don't like you/me..but it is always the same poster/posters..I guess they feel better if they feel like they are ganging up on ya......easy to spot as they always say the same thing, just trying to disguise themselves...always gets sussed out by other members...comical to watch actually.... I can get snarky right back..but some posters are not as strong and they get their feelings hurt and then don't post anymore...which is really too bad...
the first time that I got blasted on a forum, my first forum by they way, I was totally shocked..now it just runs off my back..

Very true. Just the other night Cecilita made a post that sooooo didn't sound like her, giving support to the Anthonys. O4Bull called the person on it immediately, saying that it didn't sound like her at all! The poster stopped right away. Someone got into her computer and thought it would be funny to post as her. But she has her own style and we recognized it immediately. Love you Cecilita!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1547 on: October 02, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Klaas doesn't need my 2 cents here, but if there is anything I can do to echo and reinforce her post, I want to. What she said has applications to a lot of situations, and during my years here, I have had to think through, for my own personal peace, my sense of what is right when it comes to SM posters and how their actions measure up to what SM's response can be. My conclusions don't carry any particular weight on this forum; I'm not an administrator, but I will say that they mirror Klaas's post.

If exchanges, or challenges occur here, then it can and will be dealt with here, on SM. We can all bear witness to that. When SM posters go to other sites and conflicts arise there, I don't think it's possible to hold SM accountable to take action on anyone's behalf. If anyone representing SM can fairly address what crops up here, then that's quite an accomplishment, and quite enough to expect, IMO. Klaas does an amazing job with that responsibility, and I personally know that sometimes keeping her focus just here is difficult because she really cares about posters who are involved in outside conflicts with each other.

On the rare occasion that these situations enter my world of concern, I glimpse how hard that is. I rarely go to any other site. It doesn't make me happy and it doesn't make me feel good, but ultimately it feels right to me to take posters at face value based on what they present while interacting on Scared Monkeys alone.

I don't speak for Klaas nor post this as a moderator, there's no red ink here. I just wanted to express on the forum, what I have expressed privately to others in similar situations that have caused me concern and sadness. I also think and hope it should be a comfort to posters to know that they can freely visit other sites and participate there without fear of that interaction affecting their membership at SM. Specifically bashing SM is another topic, just as creating an entire false identity that is asserted on SM is, but no poster need fear repurcussion from SM otherwise.

Those are my observations, for whatever they're worth, and I appreciate the chance to express them.

CBB, thanks for your observations.  I agree with all that you've said.  And very much believe in the concept of 'what happens here, needs to be dealt with.. here'.  One of the great things about SM, the mods encourage and allow that, in the appropriate areas, etc.  Take any group of any kind, in our offline lives, and this is the same concept that is part of the guidelines. 

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1548 on: October 02, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

No I didnt attack you, and because you were the one that said you had researched my sister missing and couldnt find out anything about it, that it belonged to a different family....I didnt attack you at all........but you sure felt the need to attack me and make fun of my families dispear and hurt......do you think I felt good about that....NO.......so just remember that others have feelings too and I had never said a bad word to you or about you but you took it upon yourself to look up stuff about my Sister, remember alot of talking went on on that other forum and it was about other also.....so dont come and try to blame it all on me.....because I didnt do it.......

you didnt attack me on your twitter? from what I have read several people have been attacking who they say is you over on topix but I dont post there and have not been there since the Caylee case,except to read, I did see a lot of that stuff being said and skipped right over it,it was not what I was looking for. I have not attacked you but if you want me to I will.. see here is the thing, there are police reports and all to back up what happened to me when I was 12. You think that making light of a 12 year old being held and repeatedly raped is funny?? You think that is a cool thing to attack someone with? I called my best friend that I grew up with crying so hard she was getting ready to hop a plane here she was so worried about me. SHE was there when police were looking for me, she KNOWS what I went thru. SHE was there during the aftermath. If you only knew what it was like for a 12 year old to go thru that and at 13 decide to carry a baby that was the product of rape. I am glad you got your kicks by throwing my nightmare in my face. Hope you feel better.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1549 on: October 02, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »

If ever there's a post from me that reads something like:

asdfghjkl;'  poiuytrewq  zxcvbnm,./ 

that will be our cat walking back n forth across the keyboard, posting as me. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1550 on: October 02, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »

Searching, I am so deeply sorry to read what happened to you during your childhood.  If I could physically hug you I would but a cyber one will have to do     I have empathy for anyone that has suffered.  Don't let anyone bring you down because you are a survivor of much worse & you do have many that care about you a great deal, that goes for anyone that has suffered tragedy and significant adversities.

I hope if nothing else comes from this dialogue today, that there is a realization that those that choose to hurt others whether it be initiated or a retaliated response ends up just being a very negative force to all involved.  Ya know, my life at intervals was a nightmare, too.  I have my novel worth,  trust you me your toes would curl & your heads would spin BUT I choose to be a survivor & keep reaching within.   One thing I can say with every ounce of sincerity within me, I don't treat people as Ive been treated because I know how it feels to endure that both physically & emotionally.   No excuses for one's past, as an adult its a choice how one chooses to behave & interact with others.    Life is hard enough & certainly too short to harbor ugliness within...let it go, be kind to each other.   The cases we deal with daily should teach us all lessons in life no matter what side of the fence we live on or what group of individuals we choose to associate with or agree/disagree with...said with much love and respect

I have to go take a break, respiratory/physical therapy this afternoon.   Have a beautiful weekend everyone & Ill cyas later on today MUAH!

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1551 on: October 02, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »

they also use multiple identities to gang up on a poster...have had this happen to me...to make it look like there are a bunch of posters who don't like you/me..but it is always the same poster/posters..I guess they feel better if they feel like they are ganging up on ya......easy to spot as they always say the same thing, just trying to disguise themselves...always gets sussed out by other members...comical to watch actually.... I can get snarky right back..but some posters are not as strong and they get their feelings hurt and then don't post anymore...which is really too bad...
the first time that I got blasted on a forum, my first forum by they way, I was totally shocked..now it just runs off my back..

Very true. Just the other night Cecilita made a post that sooooo didn't sound like her, giving support to the Anthonys. O4Bull called the person on it immediately, saying that it didn't sound like her at all! The poster stopped right away. Someone got into her computer and thought it would be funny to post as her. But she has her own style and we recognized it immediately. Love you Cecilita!!

Thank you for bringing that up Boo... I was alerted that someone had put in a request to have my e-mails forwarded to a different e-mail account, I also had before that had issues of pages opening that I did not open and things like that. I would try to post and it would not allow me. I was several weeks without a computer because of the issues and have been having them again. The issues started up again around the same time someone requested my e-mail forwarded.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1552 on: October 02, 2009, 12:17:31 PM »

Searching, I am so deeply sorry to read what happened to you during your childhood.  If I could physically hug you I would but a cyber one will have to do     I have empathy for anyone that has suffered.  Don't let anyone bring you down because you are a survivor of much worse & you do have many that care about you a great deal, that goes for anyone that has suffered tragedy and significant adversities.

I hope if nothing else comes from this dialogue today, that there is a realization that those that choose to hurt others whether it be initiated or a retaliated response ends up just being a very negative force to all involved.  Ya know, my life at intervals was a nightmare, too.  I have my novel worth,  trust you me your toes would curl & your heads would spin BUT I choose to be a survivor & keep reaching within.   One thing I can say with every ounce of sincerity within me, I don't treat people as Ive been treated because I know how it feels to endure that both physically & emotionally.   No excuses for one's past, as an adult its a choice how one chooses to behave & interact with others.    Life is hard enough & certainly too short to harbor ugliness within...let it go, be kind to each other.   The cases we deal with daily should teach us all lessons in life no matter what side of the fence we live on or what group of individuals we choose to associate with or agree/disagree with...said with much love and respect

I have to go take a break, respiratory/physical therapy this afternoon.   Have a beautiful weekend everyone & Ill cyas later on today MUAH!

Thank you Cappy, I needed a hug.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1553 on: October 02, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »

Searching and HH..  Love you both..  Am so sorry for the pain each of you are feeling, from your past as well as present.   Please hear each other out.  Am thinking that neither of you are feeling heard by the other.  And once you both feel heard by the other, this may become something you can both get thru, together.  Hugs!! 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1554 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »

you didnt attack me on your twitter? from what I have read several people have been attacking who they say is you over on topix but I dont post there and have not been there since the Caylee case,except to read, I did see a lot of that stuff being said and skipped right over it,it was not what I was looking for. I have not attacked you but if you want me to I will.. see here is the thing, there are police reports and all to back up what happened to me when I was 12. You think that making light of a 12 year old being held and repeatedly raped is funny?? You think that is a cool thing to attack someone with? I called my best friend that I grew up with crying so hard she was getting ready to hop a plane here she was so worried about me. SHE was there when police were looking for me, she KNOWS what I went thru. SHE was there during the aftermath. If you only knew what it was like for a 12 year old to go thru that and at 13 decide to carry a baby that was the product of rape. I am glad you got your kicks by throwing my nightmare in my face. Hope you feel better.
Like I said, I have never said anything about what happened to you at what ever age.......and I also didnt know about any police reports because I have never tried to look up anything about you or about what you say happened so........Why did you try to look up something about my sister....hmmmm......why....and you are not the only one that has cried about something....my Mother cries everyday for the daughter she doesnt have anymore.....If you only knew what it felt like to have a sister and then not have one, to have a daughter and then not have one........why did you exspect what you say happened to you to be believed by everyone and then when you read about what I posted about my sister to immediatly go looking for info on her, huh, other hurt to ...not just you.....and you need to learn that.......others have had a bad life others have cried others have had to overcome pain and past not just you......I have a nightmare too but I dont dwell on it...I move on and continue to do the best I can with what I have now.....just as my Mother had to continue to raise her other children even though one of hers was gone.....and again, you say someone on topix told you something yet we all know what kind of stuff goes on there, well all I can say is.....do unto others as you would have done unto you...........my motto......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1555 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:32 PM »

I do not know who would have pm'd her anything about me. I do not associate with anyone off thread except 1 person. THIS is why I do not associate.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1556 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:43 PM »

Searching and HH..  Love you both..  Am so sorry for the pain each of you are feeling, from your past as well as present.   Please hear each other out.  Am thinking that neither of you are feeling heard by the other.  And once you both feel heard by the other, this may become something you can both get thru, together.  Hugs!! 

Im good wyks, just dont want to get blamed for things I didnt do.......and who knows who did do them, this is the internet and so alot of people have access to alot of places....but I Love Ya too......lol

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1557 on: October 02, 2009, 12:35:17 PM »

Like I said, I have never said anything about what happened to you at what ever age.......and I also didnt know about any police reports because I have never tried to look up anything about you or about what you say happened so........Why did you try to look up something about my sister....hmmmm......why....and you are not the only one that has cried about something....my Mother cries everyday for the daughter she doesnt have anymore.....If you only knew what it felt like to have a sister and then not have one, to have a daughter and then not have one........why did you exspect what you say happened to you to be believed by everyone and then when you read about what I posted about my sister to immediatly go looking for info on her, huh, other hurt to ...not just you.....and you need to learn that.......others have had a bad life others have cried others have had to overcome pain and past not just you......I have a nightmare too but I dont dwell on it...I move on and continue to do the best I can with what I have now.....just as my Mother had to continue to raise her other children even though one of hers was gone.....and again, you say someone on topix told you something yet we all know what kind of stuff goes on there, well all I can say is.....do unto others as you would have done unto you...........my motto......

I said someone on topix told me something? I dont think so, I READ over there that you were being attacked and the main one was an St. Augustine ISP if I recall. So, that brings me back to WHO is saying I said anything.That is the question. 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1558 on: October 02, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »

What do you mean....who is saying you said anything.......I saw what you wrote about my sister with my own eyes, no one told me you said anything.......and I dont live in St.Augustine......

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1559 on: October 02, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

I said someone on topix told me something? I dont think so, I READ over there that you were being attacked and the main one was an St. Augustine ISP if I recall. So, that brings me back to WHO is saying I said anything.That is the question. 
oh and if that was you being attacked over there, from what I saw when I looked there,you were there and knew what was being said there, so now, you just up and attack me monday accusing me of lies on your twitter, which is untrue and I think you should make that right, because I am not buying your lame excuse that someone pm'd you all a sudden and said something about me so you just bam attack me. I had not posted in what,2 or 3 days at that point, so,you just suddenly accuse me of lies on your twitter when my last post on sm was about what happened to me at 12 and then "a monkey" posts on radio that I was lying about that and ohh that wasn't you. If I said something months ago about your sister, I don't remember it and also, did it occur to you it is being taken out of context if it is true? how ever, I don't believe that anyone pm'd you monday to cause your attack on me.. It don't make sense.If you are saying that happened months ago, why would someone wait till monday to pm you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.