March 28, 2024, 03:03:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 408196 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1560 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »

What do you mean....who is saying you said anything.......I saw what you wrote about my sister with my own eyes, no one told me you said anything.......and I dont live in St.Augustine......

you did? you said someone pm'd you, now you saw with your own eyes? now I am confused

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1561 on: October 02, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »

I have been reading on here for over a year and posting for several months. I’ve seen many feuds come and go. Lot’s of posters have revealed things about their pasts, including me to a certain degree. Based on what I’ve seen, it’s not a good idea to put very personal information out there, sad to say. But the main thing I have observed is all this trouble comes from one poster insisting and demanding other posters see a situation their way and no other. This will not ever happen and it shouldn’t. We are going to disagree and someone is going to end up being wrong. So what. Everything here is opinion for the most part.

And since we are not going to be members of a jury on any of these cases, and we are not court officials, and this is only a discussion board, we do not have to abide by the rules of the court or completely agree with one poster in order to express an opinion. If we were all to hold the same views then there really wouldn't be much to discuss.

Sometimes a poster just has to let it go and move on. I know I have to do that quite often……….
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1562 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »

SEARCHING, I am coming here on the tail end of this as I have just come from the doctor and haven't read back yet. I do know what you are talking about however.

I assure you that I came on the Haleigh thread when you posted about monkeys attacking other monkeys, and said I felt the same way you did, even when KLAAS said that there would always be personality conflict. I still saw what you were trying to say, and I said I agreed with you 100%. I have been the target myself, not on the Caylee thread, but I understand. You were the one that convinced me to come here after we both had a bad experience elsewhere, and you know that it was along time before I could trust again.

I didn't like what was happening to you either, and maybe I should have spoke up sooner and more emphatically  and I am sorry if you feel I am the one of the ones that let you down. I know what your history is, and know you have been through a lot. You stood by me when I needed you, and I am here to stand by you too.

I only know what has happened here, and did not know about the twitter posts until they were pointed out to me. I am twitter +++++++, and although I am registered, I don't even know where to start unless someone points it out.

You know how I feel about you. I don't know what else to say to you except I love you and I hate to see you hurt, where ever it came from.
Sister Frankie

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1563 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »

What do you mean....who is saying you said anything.......I saw what you wrote about my sister with my own eyes, no one told me you said anything.......and I dont live in St.Augustine......

you did? you said someone pm'd you, now you saw with your own eyes? now I am confused
How can I take you looking up info about my sister out of context, it was not your place to look up anything.....and what I said was you were talking about my sister months ago but someone just pm'd the conversation to me the other day, thats what I said......now again......why were you talking about my sister and saying it wasnt true....why?

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1564 on: October 02, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »

Sorry, I meant to say I was not attacked on the Haleigh thread.   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1565 on: October 02, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »

Everyone, please stop posting and step back and take a deep breath.  There is no off-topic in musings, but then it doesn't mean it should become a battlefield.  A this point from what I'm reading, it doesn't look like there will be a resolution, only more accusations and he said she said and etc.  I see a lot of hurtful things being said here, and I see a lot of monkey love.  Let's go for more of the monkey love. an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1566 on: October 02, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »

How can I take you looking up info about my sister out of context, it was not your place to look up anything.....and what I said was you were talking about my sister months ago but someone just pm'd the conversation to me the other day, thats what I said......now again......why were you talking about my sister and saying it wasnt true....why?

Ok HH, I am going to take the high road here and end this because I have said several times, I am not sure who pm'd you and I really don't care. IF I looked up or attempted to look up info on your sister,maybe it was to try to help find out what happened? did that thought occur in your head? and MAYBE words could have been added to something I had said that were not my own?? Did that occur to you? Did you ever stop to think hmmm maybe I should ask her instead of being hell bent on getting revenge? look how innocent posts were twisted at that stupid site.. Gawd, I can't believe I am even arguing this.

Frankie, Thank you sis for stepping up. I love you too. I know you know the truth about my past, after all you are my sis, and have been a true rock when I needed one. Thank you for that.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1567 on: October 02, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

but sis, I gotta ask, whats with the big red butt?   

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1568 on: October 02, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »

Everyone, please stop posting and step back and take a deep breath.  There is no off-topic in musings, but then it doesn't mean it should become a battlefield.  A this point from what I'm reading, it doesn't look like there will be a resolution, only more accusations and he said she said and etc.  I see a lot of hurtful things being said here, and I see a lot of monkey love.  Let's go for more of the monkey love. an angelic monkey

sorry muffy, I was typing while you were and it is becoming obvious that for whatever reason,someone feels the need to stir the pot with monkeys and are choosing specific targets to use in that game. it is he said she said and juvenile..

can I hitch a ride on your broomstick? I wanna go to disney.. If Misty can go I can go too dangit.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1569 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »

Please just let us remember there are people here with real hurts, real events that have happened to them, and when they opened up here they felt safe. Maybe it was false security, but they felt they were among friends.

I am so sorry that ANY of our members have had to go throught these painful episodes in their lives, almost too painful to tell, and when they did they feel that their pain was questioned and made fun of....I feel safe here, but sometimes I have not. Please let's help the ones that need support and not make fun or pour salt in the wounds, either here or on another forum.

How can we make this better? Sweeping it under the rug and saying "Oh Well, lets just move one" doesn't seem it is going to cut it. What can we all do to make this better. This is very upsetting for all of us who care about SM. Just suck it up doesn't seem the right way to handle this. JMO

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1570 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for linking those comments over here.  I wasn't aware of the rules, and of course cookie is right when she says it does no good, only upsets people.

I don't know why I get so surprised when this kind of stuff goes on, but I am every time, lol!

It means nothing except shows that sometimes people don't agree. 

also, to fatcat:  the other day I think you thought I was being snarky when I apologized for offending you by referring to Tim Homseth as "nuts".  I wasn't being snarky, I was sincere in my apology and hope you can accept it.

I agree that it's not nice to call anyone "nuts".

Jill - the problem is SM cannot control what it's members do on other sites.  If we find out an SM member is going to another forum and trashing SM as a whole, yes...we can ban them but even that is rare.  If there are personality conflicts between posters and someone goes from here to WS, or Mlee's forum, or any other place to "trash" that other SM poster what is SM supposed to do?  We can't make everyone like eachother OR agree with eachother.  All we can do is attempt to ignore the negative posts on other blogs/forums.  That means not bringing posts from other places to SM to simply point out the negativity.  Plenty of negativity to go around and no need to rub it in everyone's faces. 

I totally hear you and as I have on occasion been a member at other large forums, as well as smaller ones, my choice is when I post online to do it here - because of your integrity and intelligence as well as that of the mods here.

I took some time off during the spring and summer due to the unpleasantness on other boards, and then happily found myself here once again.  There's simply no comparison imo.

Sorry to hear of the troubles others have had, and not happy to see my name mentioned when I've only been back for a couple of weeks but have no interest in the drama and I plan to ignore it.

But thanks, all, for the welcome 

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1571 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »

Ok HH, I am going to take the high road here and end this because I have said several times, I am not sure who pm'd you and I really don't care. IF I looked up or attempted to look up info on your sister,maybe it was to try to help find out what happened? did that thought occur in your head? and MAYBE words could have been added to something I had said that were not my own?? Did that occur to you? Did you ever stop to think hmmm maybe I should ask her instead of being hell bent on getting revenge? look how innocent posts were twisted at that stupid site.. Gawd, I can't believe I am even arguing this.

Frankie, Thank you sis for stepping up. I love you too. I know you know the truth about my past, after all you are my sis, and have been a true rock when I needed one. Thank you for that.

Uhh  no you didnt look up  anything to help, I could post your exact post, you said you couldnt find anything and I must be lying....thats what you said.....and if you wanted to look up  anything my sister did it occur to you to ask me before you did so that you could have some real info to look her up with.....hmmmmm.....you had no info to look her up........how did you exspect to find out anything.......i mean really.....at least own up to what you did, thats what you want everyone else to do.........take your own advice........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1572 on: October 02, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

sorry muffy, I was typing while you were and it is becoming obvious that for whatever reason,someone feels the need to stir the pot with monkeys and are choosing specific targets to use in that game. it is he said she said and juvenile..

can I hitch a ride on your broomstick? I wanna go to disney.. If Misty can go I can go too dangit.

Sure Searching, hop on.  The last time I was at Disney I spent most of the hot afternoon riding inside a building with "It's a Small World" playing in an endless loop.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1573 on: October 02, 2009, 01:08:15 PM »

but sis, I gotta ask, whats with the big red butt?   

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1574 on: October 02, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »

Sure Searching, hop on.  The last time I was at Disney I spent most of the hot afternoon riding inside a building with "It's a Small World" playing in an endless loop.   

OMG!!! Now you've done it!!!! That song will be playing an endless loop in my head all day.   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1575 on: October 02, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

I'm all for that! Let's go to Disney, and I get to be the Mad Hatter!      

Thanks all, for seeing and hearing Muffy's post.

Moving On....................   

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1576 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

Please just let us remember there are people here with real hurts, real events that have happened to them, and when they opened up here they felt safe. Maybe it was false security, but they felt they were among friends.

I am so sorry that ANY of our members have had to go throught these painful episodes in their lives, almost too painful to tell, and when they did they feel that their pain was questioned and made fun of....I feel safe here, but sometimes I have not. Please let's help the ones that need support and not make fun or pour salt in the wounds, either here or on another forum.

How can we make this better? Sweeping it under the rug and saying "Oh Well, lets just move one" doesn't seem it is going to cut it. What can we all do to make this better. This is very upsetting for all of us who care about SM. Just suck it up doesn't seem the right way to handle this. JMO

It would be best to not let things get to this point to begin with. It's been said here many times, agree to disagree. Sometimes when posters disagree with one another rather than continue the disagreement just let it go at that point, early on and not let it escalate........
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1577 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »

NO!!! 

Not the "Small World" Torture!!!!!
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1578 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

I have been on that one too. I actually enjoyed it, for the first few minutes. 

I am trying to take the high road and it is not working so guess I will log off....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1579 on: October 02, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »

Part of the problem is, I'm not sure anyone really has all of the information here, and what is true and what is false?  Who's to decide?  How do you think this can be resolved?  How much has been posted/twittered and etc. on various sites?  And by whom?  I don't think by bringing all that here will help resolve anything, imo.  There is so much that isn't just black and white. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.