April 26, 2024, 01:40:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 409216 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2009, 10:28:43 PM »

Wow Sunny.   What a sad but wonderful story.   Thanks for sharing.

It reminds me of the Bible verse that tells us to be nice to everyone because you never know when you're entertaining angels.   an angelic monkey    Sounds like Pops was an angel. 

I hope you can get over your sinus infection quickly.   

Sunny,
You and I were in the same head on this one.  I instantly recalled one of my favorite Christmas songs (AND I HAVE MANY!  I love Christmas and listen to Christmas music all year long! ) 
I don't know how to do video links yet, but here is a link.  Country but worth it even if you don't like Reba or country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SgpLKjxTo

Lyrics pasted so spelling and typo's not mine! LOL

It happened one day near december's end when two neighbors
Called on an old friend and they found his shop so meager and
Lean made gay with thousand bows of green and conrad was
Sitting with faces shining when he suddenly stopped as he
Stitched a twine and he said "old friends, it dawned today
As the cock was crowing the night away the lord appeared in
A dream to me and said "i'm coming your guest to be."
So I've been busy with feet of stern strewing my shop with
Branches of fern. the table is spread and the kettle is shine.
And over the rafters the holly is twine. now I'll wait for my
Lord to appear and listen closely so I will hear his step as
He nears my humble place. and I'll open the door and look on his face.
So his friends went home and left conrad alone for this
Was the happiest day he had known. for long since his family had
Passed away and conrad had spent many a sad christmas day.
But he knew with the lord as his christmas guest this christmas
Would be the dearest and best.
So he listened with only joy in his heart and with
Every sound he would rise with a start and look for the
Lord to be at his door. like the vision he had had a few hours before.
So he ran to the window after hearing a sound but all he could
See on the snow covered ground was a shabby beggar whose shoes
Were torn and all of his clothes were ragged and worn.
But conrad was touched and he went to the door
And he said "you know your feet must be frozen and sore.
I have some shoes in my shop for you and a coat that will
Keep you warmer too." so with grateful heart the man went away
But conrad noticed the time of day and wondered what made the
Lord so late and how much longer he'd have to wait.
When he heard a knock he ran to the door but it was
Only a stranger once more. a bent old lady with a shawl of
Black with a bundle of kindling piled on her back. she asked
For only a place to rest but that was reserved for conrad's
Great guest. but her voice seemed to plead "don't send me away,
Let me rest for awhile on christmas day", so conrad brewed
Her a steaming cup and told her to set at the table and sup.
But after she left he was filled with dismay for
He saw that the hours were slipping away and the lord hadn't come as
He said he would. then conrad felt sure he had misunderstood.
When out of of the stillness he heard a cry "please
Help me and tell me where am i? " so again he opened his
Friendly door and stood disapointed as twice before.
It was only a child that wandered away and was lost from
Her family on christmas day.
Again conrad's heart was heavy and sad but he knew
He should make the little girl glad. so he called her in
And he wiped her tears, quieted all her childish fears.
Then he led her back to her home once more but as he
Entered his own darkened door he knew the
Lord was not coming today.
Well the hours of christmas had passed away so he
Went to his room and knelt down to pray and he said
"dear lord, why did you delay? what kept you from
Coming to call on me? for I wanted so much your face to see.
" when soft in the silence a voice he heard.
"lift up your head for I kept my word.
Three times my shadow crossed your floor
And three times I came to your lowly door.
I was the beggar with bruised, cold feet
And I was the woman you gave something to eat.
I was the child on the homeless street.
Three times I knocked, and three times I came in.
And each time I found the warmth of a friend.
Of all the gifts, love is the best.
And I was honored to be your christmas guest.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

Came to say hello to the Musings Monkeys.. and it's just me and 2 Guests.

Hi, Guests!    
----------------------------

ANJ, so glad to read that your little Crystol Noel got a good report.  Wonderful news.

Sounds like you have your hands full between her and your "grand-dog" Kiley.

Sunny Bunny, hope you are feeling better soon. 
I hereby declare you the Queen of er.. uh .. you know ... umm

queen "Mucoid Superfluity!"

God bless you, and God bless Pops!     What a story. 
I say we need a lot more people like Pops in this crazy world...

Desi

You have been following my puppy's story too?  OMG - wow!   Thank you.  Yes, the grand-furr-paw has me wrapped up the most!  Think 50 yr old lady with black blur wrapping up said ole' lady and well......... you will have the visual!!!!! 
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »

OMG....Klaas Please don't be mad at me or send me to time out for sending you sooooo Many emails....I am So So Sorry!!!!! it scared me so bad everytime I tried to log on it said "Sorry you have been Banned for talking bad about Blink"        I would Never talk bad about Blink or any of you monkeys... It was sooooo scary    I have been trying for the last few hours to come on as a guest sign on....it wouldn't let me it said I was Banned      
 Has anything ever happened to any of you like that?? 
 Ok I can stop shaking now...I'm Back in here with The Monkeys!!!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »

I have a sinus infection!  I feel like hell!  I had to go to a funeral this afternoon and was dreading going. Not only because I detest funerals but cause I feel like hell!  But I  played the martyr and went!  WOW....I have never attended a funeral like this one.

A little history: We moved to a small town in MO 2 years from Houston.  A small quiet area. Shortly after we moved here I notice a little old man going through trash cans on trash days. I watched him and realized he was collecting cans. I felt so bad for him. I started putting our cans in bags for him. (our area has no recycling) One day  I caught him outside and told him the cans were for him. He was very gracious and grateful.  He had a cart on wheels. So, as I got to know the neighbors I started asking them to please put their cans out for this elderly man. His name was Pops, according to him.  At Christmas I watched for him and gave him a basket of Christmas goodies. And often through these years I would meet him at give him glasses of tea or lemonade and goodies.  Yes, he even collected in the winter.  About 6 weeks ago Pops didn't come. I honestly noticed it but thought perhaps he just got tired of collecting. Last week I got an envelope in my mailbox informing me that Pops had passed away and asked if I would attend his funeral today. 

Well Pops had a list of people he wanted to be invited to his funeral. People were asked to bring canned goods in lieu of flowers to Pops funeral.  So, I bought a bag full of canned goods, a huge box of tissues and went to the funeral. Thinking the whole time, why in the hell am I doing this??  Upon arriving I find that Pops had been buried last Friday. Pops children, grands and great grands were at the funeral home as well as at least 100-125 people. All gathered in a viewing room with tables set up with sandwiches, baked goods, cookies, chips and soft drinks. Other people seemed as bumfuzzled as I was. Pops son asked for everyone's attention and told us that he was trying to fulfill Pops wishes. Pops collected cans and turned them in and bought food for the local Food Pantry. He also volunteered at the Food Pantry. Pops was a retired plumber who wanted to keep being 'useful' until he could no longer do anything. His son said he was 88 yo and I discovered he had been collecting cans for at leat the past 10 years.

His son, David, had an envelope for everyone there, with a hand written thank you note from Pops for being so kind to him and saving their cans for him. And for the other little things people did for Pops.  there was something personal to each person.  He told me he loved that I didn't lose my Texas roots.  David told us the whole family wrote the notes for Pops but he signed each one himself.  I have a HUGE Texas stepping stone near the mailbox and plant Bluebonnets every year. He asked that everyone carry on for him and donate to the local Food Pantry. He had lived thru the Depression and knew what it meant to be hungry. He knew how a man felt when he couldn't feed his family.

What a strange but wonderful afternoon!! Good Bye Pops!!  I will miss that old man!!
This is the most beautiful true life story! 

Sunny, I am sooooooooo glad you went.  You reflected Pops today!  You put your needs, second to the needs of something bigger than our mortal self.  You put your faith and care for someone just as they come, as Christ does for all of us.  What a wonderful reflection to Pops you are! 
In honor of Pops - I am going to donate to the food bank on a regular basis from now on.
 an angelic monkey  REST IN PEACE, POPS - we will take it from here! an angelic monkey
Mortal not moral, but being Mortal is moral - so I was on the right path.  Oh heck, how am I suppose to type, spell and cry at the same time?  This had me in tears - but good silent tears.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

OMG....Klaas Please don't be mad at me or send me to time out for sending you sooooo Many emails....I am So So Sorry!!!!! it scared me so bad everytime I tried to log on it said "Sorry you have been Banned for talking bad about Blink"        I would Never talk bad about Blink or any of you monkeys... It was sooooo scary    I have been trying for the last few hours to come on as a guest sign on....it wouldn't let me it said I was Banned      

FloridaT - have no idea what that is all about, but go back a page and read sunny's story and you will feel all better!
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »

Hi ANJ...I am so happy for Crystol and you.     .. I have been reading along and praying
Hugs from Butchie and me
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »

FloridaT - have no idea what that is all about, but go back a page and read sunny's story and you will feel all better!

Thanks ANJ...I am going back to read now
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »

Hi ANJ...I am so happy for Crystol and you.     .. I have been reading along and praying
Hugs from Butchie and me

How is Butchie doing??????   Crystol sends him kisses with her new lipstick she got from MyTime   
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »

I have a sinus infection!  I feel like hell!  I had to go to a funeral this afternoon and was dreading going. Not only because I detest funerals but cause I feel like hell!  But I  played the martyr and went!  WOW....I have never attended a funeral like this one.

A little history: We moved to a small town in MO 2 years from Houston.  A small quiet area. Shortly after we moved here I notice a little old man going through trash cans on trash days. I watched him and realized he was collecting cans. I felt so bad for him. I started putting our cans in bags for him. (our area has no recycling) One day  I caught him outside and told him the cans were for him. He was very gracious and grateful.  He had a cart on wheels. So, as I got to know the neighbors I started asking them to please put their cans out for this elderly man. His name was Pops, according to him.  At Christmas I watched for him and gave him a basket of Christmas goodies. And often through these years I would meet him at give him glasses of tea or lemonade and goodies.  Yes, he even collected in the winter.  About 6 weeks ago Pops didn't come. I honestly noticed it but thought perhaps he just got tired of collecting. Last week I got an envelope in my mailbox informing me that Pops had passed away and asked if I would attend his funeral today. 

Well Pops had a list of people he wanted to be invited to his funeral. People were asked to bring canned goods in lieu of flowers to Pops funeral.  So, I bought a bag full of canned goods, a huge box of tissues and went to the funeral. Thinking the whole time, why in the hell am I doing this??  Upon arriving I find that Pops had been buried last Friday. Pops children, grands and great grands were at the funeral home as well as at least 100-125 people. All gathered in a viewing room with tables set up with sandwiches, baked goods, cookies, chips and soft drinks. Other people seemed as bumfuzzled as I was. Pops son asked for everyone's attention and told us that he was trying to fulfill Pops wishes. Pops collected cans and turned them in and bought food for the local Food Pantry. He also volunteered at the Food Pantry. Pops was a retired plumber who wanted to keep being 'useful' until he could no longer do anything. His son said he was 88 yo and I discovered he had been collecting cans for at leat the past 10 years.

His son, David, had an envelope for everyone there, with a hand written thank you note from Pops for being so kind to him and saving their cans for him. And for the other little things people did for Pops.  there was something personal to each person.  He told me he loved that I didn't lose my Texas roots.  David told us the whole family wrote the notes for Pops but he signed each one himself.  I have a HUGE Texas stepping stone near the mailbox and plant Bluebonnets every year. He asked that everyone carry on for him and donate to the local Food Pantry. He had lived thru the Depression and knew what it meant to be hungry. He knew how a man felt when he couldn't feed his family.

What a strange but wonderful afternoon!! Good Bye Pops!!  I will miss that old man!!

Sunny, What a beautiful and sad experience this was. How blessed each of you must feel that this sweet kind soul wanted each of you to know what it meant to him that you all  showed your kindness toward him. There needs to more "Pops" and people like you and the others that cared about this sweet soul that was gathered there for him in this world. Thank you for this touching story and I hope you feel better soon.    an angelic monkey
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »

Hugs from Butchie and me

How is Butchie doing??????   Crystol sends him kisses with her new lipstick she got from MyTime   

Butcie is doing good on his new meds. from the worlds best doctor. He still has all the fluid but the one meds. has almost stopped his coughing. He goes back in next week for more chest x-rays....he will love the kisses w/ the new lipstick from MT from his new friend Crystol  (((hug))) and    back to Crystol
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2009, 11:13:25 PM »

Hugs from Butchie and me

Butchie is doing good on his new meds. from the worlds best doctor. He still has all the fluid but the one meds. has almost stopped his coughing. He goes back in next week for more chest x-rays....he will love the kisses w/ the new lipstick from MT from his new friend Crystol  (((hug))) and    back to Crystol

edit to fix Butchie
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »

Hugs from Butchie and me

Butcie is doing good on his new meds. from the worlds best doctor. He still has all the fluid but the one meds. has almost stopped his coughing. He goes back in next week for more chest x-rays....he will love the kisses w/ the new lipstick from MT from his new friend Crystol  (((hug))) and    back to Crystol
  Go BUTCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!  Great to hear, I am so happy for you both!
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2009, 11:31:44 PM »

OMG....Klaas Please don't be mad at me or send me to time out for sending you sooooo Many emails....I am So So Sorry!!!!! it scared me so bad everytime I tried to log on it said "Sorry you have been Banned for talking bad about Blink"        I would Never talk bad about Blink or any of you monkeys... It was sooooo scary   I have been trying for the last few hours to come on as a guest sign on....it wouldn't let me it said I was Banned     

What a beautiful story that was and thanks for sending me back to read it.

I came in here in a panic because I kept getting "Your Banned" when I was trying to come here and read...I sent ohhhh I don't how many emails ( but a few) to Klaas trying to find out what I did to get banned... I didn't want her to get upset with me ...I know how busy she is ...but it was really upsetting seeing "You are Banned for saying bad things about Blink"....I have never nor would I Ever post Anything bad about Blink, Shoot I think she is Amazing, Brilliant and I love to read anything she writes.... I didn't even want to sign in just come as a guest and read, but I couldn't even do that...One of my furbabies passed away this weekend and maybe I am still a little sensitive and over reacted a little by sending more than one email to Klaas...I Sorry Klaas   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »

I am so sorry for laughing but this post is just too darn funny!  There are few that I know that would have a nervous breadown if they received that message. 

I am glad it got straightened out and you are back on.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2009, 12:27:08 AM »

I'm glad you're here too, flatreasure!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:34 AM »

OMG....Klaas Please don't be mad at me or send me to time out for sending you sooooo Many emails....I am So So Sorry!!!!! it scared me so bad everytime I tried to log on it said "Sorry you have been Banned for talking bad about Blink"        I would Never talk bad about Blink or any of you monkeys... It was sooooo scary   I have been trying for the last few hours to come on as a guest sign on....it wouldn't let me it said I was Banned     

I came in here in a panic because I kept getting "Your Banned" when I was trying to come here and read...I sent ohhhh I don't how many emails ( but a few) to Klaas trying to find out what I did to get banned... I didn't want her to get upset with me ...I know how busy she is ...but it was really upsetting seeing "You are Banned for saying bad things about Blink"....I have never nor would I Ever post Anything bad about Blink, Shoot I think she is Amazing, Brilliant and I love to read anything she writes.... I didn't even want to sign in just come as a guest and read, but I couldn't even do that...One of my furbabies passed away this weekend and maybe I am still a little sensitive and over reacted a little by sending more than one email to Klaas...I Sorry Klaas   

Awwwwww. I'm so sorry about your furbaby! That's really hard to go through!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:27 AM »

Evening MT
Did you know that the last cable stetch on the top of your dress on the right side blinks. 
How you doing. You and me both would have had a melt down if we had received the message FT9 got. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »

Sunny - what a wonderful story.  You are such a sweet person.   an angelic monkey

ANJM - I am so happy for Crystol and you.  Please give her a little  from her Auntie Mytime. 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »

Hi Monkeys

How's the water?

Nemo   Fishing   Nemo   Fishing   Nemo   Fishing   Nemo   Fishing Fishing
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2009, 12:40:46 AM »

Oh, I am so sorry!  Now I feel bad for laughing. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.