April 19, 2024, 11:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 408914 times)
Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #580 on: September 18, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »

Deenie, It's 4pm Friday afternoon here.

I love anything my folks listened to.  The Beatles, Stones, Fleetwood Mac on the turntable now.

I'm a fan of funk and soul also.  Aretha, James Brown.  Anything standard like that.

Billy Joel.  Anything from Innocent Man.

Australian artists by default: we all have to love John Farnham - its a sin not to - "You're The Voice' an anthem.  But he's not the be all and end all.

You would love Little River Band?  Me too.

Josh Pyke - great recent Australian voice.  Radio Birdman, Nick Cave, You Am I?  All of their songs.

I could make a list as long as the distance from me to you and back again.

There are some beautiful Australian female artists that are brilliant songwriters, Sia, Bertie Blackman (all very recent). 

We have some fantastic dance music also. 

Oh, don't get me started.  My business works within the Australian music industry.  I could go on forever about music and song. 

Lalalala!!! Smile
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #581 on: September 18, 2009, 02:21:29 AM »

You always hear of some sicko's tainting the candy with drugs or giving kids drugs as candy.  In my day, it was razor blades in the apples.   

I remember that my Parents would make us put all our Goods out on the floor in the living room. My Mom and Dad would go threw every piece by hand inspecting it. If it looked like the wrapper was torn or weird - to the garbage it went. My Mom would throw the fruit out too. She would say WHO gives Fruit on Halloween? It is amazing what some people do give in desperation when they have 3 kids on the porch and One piece of candy left ... the WAIT hold On ..is when you know .. Its time to leave lol.

Two years ago I really did it up for Halloween. I got all dressed up as a witch. I had my entire porch looking like a Haunted Gypsy Haven. Music the whole gig.  OMG it was SO FUN. I went to the Dollar store and I bought a ton of bracelets that were metal and glitz. I only gave them to girls ( age appropriate) and I told them it was Witches Gold. They would squeal and their faces would Light up.   I think I have a pic of me as a Witch. Hmmph. Maybe I can find it. I wore a mask ... I would have done the makeup thing ..but the Mask was too cool. 
I always loved Halloween, still do.

You know I was just wondering how appropriate it might be of me to don a little make up and take myself out for Halloween night... I would enjoy that. Sounds like good fun, even for the grownups. Either way I will ensure I have treats on hand just in case I get visitors. 

Kids love when Adults dress up for Halloween. They get all excited to see them. Every year that I took my daughter out for Trick O Treating I always dressed up with her.  I am just that.. a big kid. One year she wanted to be a black cat. So I went and made her a costume, did her hair and made her face all up in Glitter and she looked so CUTE. I made it so her tail stuck out and was all curled. Made it on a wire so when she walked it bounced behind her.
I did up my face like a tiger and we were ready early. So I said I have to go to the store because once were done with the night, I won't want to go. I needed to get lol.... Cat Food for our cats. So we went to Target on the way to her girlfriends house. We POUNCED into the store in costume and painted faces with Kitty ears ..and my Daughters Tail bouncing. Everyone looked and stared and smiled and my Daughter was having the best time.

We got to the check out and the Woman was a total Sour Puss. I could barely contain myself because I was looking at the items in my cart. Which were " Cat Food" and Kitty Litter.
With my sense of Humor ... I said after laughing very loudly LOL ... as I put the Bag of Kitty Litter on the counter...I said Were going to a POTTY !! omg I was laughing so hard ..then I put up the cat food.  She was so Sour. The young boy who was the bagger was almost on the floor laughing.  She never cracked a smile. My daughter turned around as she was walking away and Hissed at her lol......... too FUNNY.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #582 on: September 18, 2009, 02:27:17 AM »

Add to that list: Air Supply, Xavier Rudd, John Butler Trio, The Living End, Men At Work, Midnight Oil, Augie March... The Saints,

Oh-oh. Got me started! 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #583 on: September 18, 2009, 02:32:34 AM »

Add to that list: Air Supply, Xavier Rudd, John Butler Trio, The Living End, Men At Work, Midnight Oil, Augie March... The Saints,

Oh-oh. Got me started! 

I am reading and I am looking on Youtube.. You like many who I like .. I am thinking Smile

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #584 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:27 AM »

Kids love when Adults dress up for Halloween. They get all excited to see them. Every year that I took my daughter out for Trick O Treating I always dressed up with her.  I am just that.. a big kid. One year she wanted to be a black cat. So I went and made her a costume, did her hair and made her face all up in Glitter and she looked so CUTE. I made it so her tail stuck out and was all curled. Made it on a wire so when she walked it bounced behind her.
I did up my face like a tiger and we were ready early. So I said I have to go to the store because once were done with the night, I won't want to go. I needed to get lol.... Cat Food for our cats. So we went to Target on the way to her girlfriends house. We POUNCED into the store in costume and painted faces with Kitty ears ..and my Daughters Tail bouncing. Everyone looked and stared and smiled and my Daughter was having the best time.

We got to the check out and the Woman was a total Sour Puss. I could barely contain myself because I was looking at the items in my cart. Which were " Cat Food" and Kitty Litter.
With my sense of Humor ... I said after laughing very loudly LOL ... as I put the Bag of Kitty Litter on the counter...I said Were going to a POTTY !! omg I was laughing so hard ..then I put up the cat food.  She was so Sour. The young boy who was the bagger was almost on the floor laughing.  She never cracked a smile. My daughter turned around as she was walking away and Hissed at her lol......... too FUNNY.

Haha! Deenie.  That's so true. Kids love it when you're having fun like they do.  I love that you were buying kitty litter and cat food from a sour puss!  You sound like a very funny lady.   And your daughter has that sense of humor by the sounds of it too.  That's a funny story.

There's some great costume ideas there too.  I wonder if I can convince a friend with suitably aged children that they must go trick or treating and must also require my presence as a chaperone, just so I can dress up.
Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: September 18, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »

Oh-oh. Got me started! 

I am reading and I am looking on Youtube.. You like many who I like .. I am thinking Smile

It goes without saying also, that INXS are the be all and end all.  If anyone is.  Yes. INXS.  Perhaps my favorite Australian band of all time.  Before Michael Hutchence died.  I'm still crying about that.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #586 on: September 18, 2009, 02:43:45 AM »

Oh-oh. Got me started! 

It goes without saying also, that INXS are the be all and end all.  If anyone is.  Yes. INXS.  Perhaps my favorite Australian band of all time.  Before Michael Hutchence died.  I'm still crying about that.
Wow I saw INXS in Concert. Before they were really known. They were the opening band for Billy Squire.  I thought they were great even though at the time no one really knew them. Was crazy that then they were Unknown and what has become of them in all aspects.  They have made their mark in History of music for sure.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #587 on: September 18, 2009, 02:44:04 AM »

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to share a couple things I enjoyed watching tonight!

Sam Tsui - Vocals

Kurt Schneider - Arrangement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12QVtuB0_Q

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R12QVtuB0_Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/R12QVtuB0_Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 18, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFrmVq0Idw

Susan Boyle - WILD HORSES * America's Got Talent 2009

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1HFrmVq0Idw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1HFrmVq0Idw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: September 18, 2009, 02:58:42 AM »

Oh-oh. Got me started! 

Wow I saw INXS in Concert. Before they were really known. They were the opening band for Billy Squire.  I thought they were great even though at the time no one really knew them. Was crazy that then they were Unknown and what has become of them in all aspects.  They have made their mark in History of music for sure.

Deenie,  I never saw INXS live in concert.  A big musical regret.  That would have been a great show to be at with Billy Squire, so early on too!  I'm so jealous!  The energy from that man alone was something pure and genius.  Then put him in front of that band.  Heaven.  I was in Sydney around the corner from the hotel when he died.  A stranger approached me and my friends on the street and blurted out "Michael Hutchence just died in my hotel!"  She was in shock. Just some guest who'd been asked to leave the lobby or whatever.  We walked round and stood outside for hours with eventually hundreds of people praying and crying.  I'd much preferred to have seen him in concert.  That was one freaky day.. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2009, 03:03:51 AM »

Texas

Love the Music. Your post is ringing with me so .. as within the news of the Kanye outburst. Which made me so Mad. His insane reaction to Ms Swift. Which I don't want to talk about. But what I was thinking just today ..was Who is Kanye West? To me he is a brand name. He is no one. And who I thought of in spectrum of contrast is Boyz II Men. Which is what I instantly thought of watching your video just posted. Boyz II Men are no longer in the Main play but if you were to play or hear any one of their songs it would be " Positive and Good and above all would bring back a memory attached".  Because they sang truly with Talent. They could sing Acapella like these boys in your video.  They do not need to prove anything because their talent is real.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/osbd2_wFFQs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/osbd2_wFFQs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1</a>
Great job and I hope the young men in your video are recognized they sang wonderful

Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2009, 03:11:45 AM »

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to share a couple things I enjoyed watching tonight!

Sam Tsui - Vocals

Kurt Schneider - Arrangement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12QVtuB0_Q

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R12QVtuB0_Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/R12QVtuB0_Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

That's amazing.  I like that alot.

Thanks for sharing Texasmom.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #592 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:06 AM »

Trip when I bought my tickets all I was concerned with was my seating " Billy Squire" and then when I got to the venue where the concert was held - Only then did I pay attention to the name of the opening band. Because truly they were unknown. They were not known and everyone was so hyped to see Billy that they truly INXS were not given a fair show.  Billy Squire was famous then for his Song "Stroke Me" etc.. and this was a concert arena that was 1/3 seating to the stage. Which was real seats as a normal concert.  The rest was outdoors on the hill. Hill meaning was a huge Hill that was Free Domain. First seat found is yours on the grass literally. So If you came late and had " Hill tickets" Your Bum was at the Bottom. Everyone wanted to be at the top of the hill to be able to see. What was really a bad scene within this concert was that INXS was not treated very well and then when Billy finally came on stage the people who were front and center .. for whatever reason started throwing cups and anything they could grab directly at him. The sun was not even down yet when Billy came on stage.  He walked off for a bit and we thought were all going home with Nothing. He did finally come back and he played.  I think that for that reason most is why I remember INXS because I actually liked their music and was such a concert that messed up. Funny I don't remember Billy at all.   Maybe that is why he had garbage thrown at him ... I don't know.
Strange

Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: September 18, 2009, 03:23:53 AM »

Deenie that's a great snapshot of a moment in time.  I for the life of me can't remember a Billy Squires song.

It would be awesome to see INXS at that time.  What a lesson for them too I suppose that night was.

Poor Billy Squires.  Remembered, by me for now, just for this INXS connection.

I love a rock show outside on a hill. SO long as its sunny.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #594 on: September 18, 2009, 03:41:51 AM »

Deenie that's a great snapshot of a moment in time.  I for the life of me can't remember a Billy Squires song.

It would be awesome to see INXS at that time.  What a lesson for them too I suppose that night was.

Poor Billy Squires.  Remembered, by me for now, just for this INXS connection.

I love a rock show outside on a hill. SO long as its sunny.

We Trip used to have this very earthy no frills concert hill in my area. I went to countless concerts there when I was young. Now its all Big Flash and 12.00 for a diet coke and Big Screens and just all commercial. I remember just loving to be sitting outdoors on the hill with the Stars above and the Music jamming in what looked to be like a Clam shell below ( lit up like no other) with sound to match. Its all just a memory now.  I saw Heart 5 times there.
The Go Go's. Hall & Oates that was a night of nights. Can't think all who I saw. But I sure miss it ...  I am not big into going to stadiums for concerts. I don't like being so closed in with the masses that are 1/2 cranked up on god knows what... scares me. I am there for the Band and not for them to ruin my time you know.

My all time fave Concerts were: Ms Annie Lennox Omg she is the End all. She was with her Hubby then with the Eurythmics. She played in a small hall in Detroit. She was AWE. She allowed people from the front row up on stage to Dance with her ... OINGO BOINGO opened for her.  Holy hell I is ode.
Prince I was able to see him 10th row in 86 - I love him.
Pearl Jam was another memorable concert. And then Van Halen in 85 with Sammy.
I did go to another concert prior which was incredible with Music was Gap Band, Zapp Band, Midnight Star and Patrice Rushen ... even though I was scared out of my mind. So much going on with the people who went to the concert it was not even funny. I saw lots of fights, blood and drugs ..and you name it .. It was all there .. Never again. Nope. The Music was incredible too bad people cannot behave.

Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #595 on: September 18, 2009, 03:50:13 AM »

The venue you speak of sounds much like the one I'm thinking about here.  Family-oriented.  Rugs on the hill. 

But when the big promoters book it, the water costs a fortune.

Heart. And Annie Lennox is a goddess. 

I have a question: How do I embed a youtube clip here?  I'm using the embed code from youtube but its previewing as gibberish.  I can stick in a hyperlink to it, but I'm trying to be clever.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: September 18, 2009, 03:51:12 AM »

Texas

Love the Music. Your post is ringing with me so .. as within the news of the Kanye outburst. Which made me so Mad. His insane reaction to Ms Swift. Which I don't want to talk about. But what I was thinking just today ..was Who is Kanye West? To me he is a brand name. He is no one. And who I thought of in spectrum of contrast is Boyz II Men. Which is what I instantly thought of watching your video just posted. Boyz II Men are no longer in the Main play but if you were to play or hear any one of their songs it would be " Positive and Good and above all would bring back a memory attached".  Because they sang truly with Talent. They could sing Acapella like these boys in your video.  They do not need to prove anything because their talent is real.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/osbd2_wFFQs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/osbd2_wFFQs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1</a>
Great job and I hope the young men in your video are recognized they sang wonderful

I agree 100% Deenie!

The medley vocals was actually all one man...Sam Tsui.  His friend arranged it and edited it.

I thought they did an awesome job!

Thanks for that video....I love it!  I've always loved Boyz II Men.

btw...don't worry KW showed his azz, and it backfired on him for the world to see.  Let's see how soon he has another opportunity to be on a stage like that.  Beyonce's reaction and subsequent deed to make up for what that idiot had done made me love her that much more.  She's a class act, imo.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: September 18, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »

Good night Deenie and Tripitaka!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: September 18, 2009, 03:58:33 AM »

I miss you bearlyhere!  I hope you're o.k.

Love,
   Sis
 an angelic monkey

Tripitaka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:42 AM »

Goodnight Texasmom.  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.