April 28, 2024, 10:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #51 9/14/09 - 10/03/09  (Read 409563 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »

That's great news, ANJ! I couldn't be happier for you and your little pooch.  In fact, how about I take her for a little walk?

...... .......... ..........

Thanks Numbers and Trim! 
Hey numbers - how about you get over here and help me take Kiley to get her nails trimmed.  She is my son's black lab puppy - and I mean PUPPY and for some sadistic reason, I have decided to take her to get her nails trimmed today.  I just hope we all make it back and I am not in traction as a result! LOL  I have a kennel that fits in my car for her and the new Halti - so I am feeling brave!   (Are brave and stupid closely related? LMAO.....we shall soon see!  Back later hold down the fort!

you are such a good Mom!!!  Hope everything went well!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »

OMG SASSY _ CAN I STEAL THAT PLEASE????????  That is toooooo cute! 

Gizzy - thanks too. 

Still catching up, but the trip out with Kiley was going fine, till I looked away to sign the charge - she ate thru the Halti thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, took it back.  Got the Gentle Leader - which adjusts so she supposedly can't eat this one.  Grandma thinks she will get son and Kiley the lab, doggie obedience school for his b-day! This lab is a trip.  She can open her cage, unhook her leash from the tieout (without eating it or breaking it - literally, she knows how to pull the bar and get out somehow) and does tons of tricks.  But, she is the "STRONG WILLED PUPPY!"  But, I will win............right?      Friday is not that far away, right? LOL 

SMART PUPPY!!!  She will keep you on your toes!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »

OMG SASSY _ CAN I STEAL THAT PLEASE????????  That is toooooo cute! 

Gizzy - thanks too. 

Still catching up, but the trip out with Kiley was going fine, till I looked away to sign the charge - she ate thru the Halti thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, took it back.  Got the Gentle Leader - which adjusts so she supposedly can't eat this one.  Grandma thinks she will get son and Kiley the lab, doggie obedience school for his b-day! This lab is a trip.  She can open her cage, unhook her leash from the tieout (without eating it or breaking it - literally, she knows how to pull the bar and get out somehow) and does tons of tricks.  But, she is the "STRONG WILLED PUPPY!"  But, I will win............right?      Friday is not that far away, right? LOL 

SMART PUPPY!!!  She will keep you on your toes!!

Yeppers - we just played catch on the chain.  I really wish I had a fenced in yard for her - but the budget went to Crystol for her surgery! 

Sassy - thanks for the double steal!

Forums are quiet.  All this behaving is nice!!!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »

Sunny and carol - maybe if we all stay here they will follow us in!

Sunny - do they know if it was Hassani's clothes and anything new on Haleigh?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »

I have a sinus infection!  I feel like hell!  I had to go to a funeral this afternoon and was dreading going. Not only because I detest funerals but cause I feel like hell!  But I  played the martyr and went!  WOW....I have never attended a funeral like this one.

A little history: We moved to a small town in MO 2 years from Houston.  A small quiet area. Shortly after we moved here I notice a little old man going through trash cans on trash days. I watched him and realized he was collecting cans. I felt so bad for him. I started putting our cans in bags for him. (our area has no recycling) One day  I caught him outside and told him the cans were for him. He was very gracious and grateful.  He had a cart on wheels. So, as I got to know the neighbors I started asking them to please put their cans out for this elderly man. His name was Pops, according to him.  At Christmas I watched for him and gave him a basket of Christmas goodies. And often through these years I would meet him at give him glasses of tea or lemonade and goodies.  Yes, he even collected in the winter.  About 6 weeks ago Pops didn't come. I honestly noticed it but thought perhaps he just got tired of collecting. Last week I got an envelope in my mailbox informing me that Pops had passed away and asked if I would attend his funeral today. 

Well Pops had a list of people he wanted to be invited to his funeral. People were asked to bring canned goods in lieu of flowers to Pops funeral.  So, I bought a bag full of canned goods, a huge box of tissues and went to the funeral. Thinking the whole time, why in the hell am I doing this??  Upon arriving I find that Pops had been buried last Friday. Pops children, grands and great grands were at the funeral home as well as at least 100-125 people. All gathered in a viewing room with tables set up with sandwiches, baked goods, cookies, chips and soft drinks. Other people seemed as bumfuzzled as I was. Pops son asked for everyone's attention and told us that he was trying to fulfill Pops wishes. Pops collected cans and turned them in and bought food for the local Food Pantry. He also volunteered at the Food Pantry. Pops was a retired plumber who wanted to keep being 'useful' until he could no longer do anything. His son said he was 88 yo and I discovered he had been collecting cans for at leat the past 10 years.

His son, David, had an envelope for everyone there, with a hand written thank you note from Pops for being so kind to him and saving their cans for him. And for the other little things people did for Pops.  there was something personal to each person.  He told me he loved that I didn't lose my Texas roots.  David told us the whole family wrote the notes for Pops but he signed each one himself.  I have a HUGE Texas stepping stone near the mailbox and plant Bluebonnets every year. He asked that everyone carry on for him and donate to the local Food Pantry. He had lived thru the Depression and knew what it meant to be hungry. He knew how a man felt when he couldn't feed his family.

What a strange but wonderful afternoon!! Good Bye Pops!!  I will miss that old man!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »

Sunny and carol - maybe if we all stay here they will follow us in!

Sunny - do they know if it was Hassani's clothes and anything new on Haleigh?

ANJ - I have only checked Caylee's thread and Annie Le's.....but plan to check the rest in a bit....read my last post and your will know why I haven't any answers for you!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »

Wow Sunny.   What a sad but wonderful story.   Thanks for sharing.

It reminds me of the Bible verse that tells us to be nice to everyone because you never know when you're entertaining angels.   an angelic monkey    Sounds like Pops was an angel. 

I hope you can get over your sinus infection quickly.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »

Sunny,thanks for sharing that story.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »

Wow Sunny.   What a sad but wonderful story.   Thanks for sharing.

It reminds me of the Bible verse that tells us to be nice to everyone because you never know when you're entertaining angels.   an angelic monkey    Sounds like Pops was an angel. 

I hope you can get over your sinus infection quickly.   

Hi Sassy...yes it was strange...but I will forever be glad I went.   Thanks I hope this infection goes far, far away!!  I do not like to feel unwell!!   not sick enough to be in bed and yet no well enough to have energy to do things!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »

Sunny,thanks for sharing that story.   an angelic monkey

thanks for reading it.  I seldom go into my every day life events...but this was one that make me go WOW!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

carolb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »

Wow Sunny, Thanks for sharing your story.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »

Hi Sunny!  I am sorry you're feeling under the weather, but thank you for sharing that story.  I think Pops would be proud that you posted the story for all of us to read.  What a great example of a giving, kind man...and what love and faith can bring to others.  It was really great that his family carried out his wishes.  And how cool that all of you who had been kind to him got to know the reason he was collecting those cans.  an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

Wow Sunny, Thanks for sharing your story.

Hi carolb - thanks for reading it. I have to confess I don't donate to our local food bank unless there is a call out for help.  I donate monthly to our local SPCA and a animal rescue.  But I will make a point of taking non-perishables monthly from now on. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »

I have a sinus infection!  I feel like hell!  I had to go to a funeral this afternoon and was dreading going. Not only because I detest funerals but cause I feel like hell!  But I  played the martyr and went!  WOW....I have never attended a funeral like this one.

A little history: We moved to a small town in MO 2 years from Houston.  A small quiet area. Shortly after we moved here I notice a little old man going through trash cans on trash days. I watched him and realized he was collecting cans. I felt so bad for him. I started putting our cans in bags for him. (our area has no recycling) One day  I caught him outside and told him the cans were for him. He was very gracious and grateful.  He had a cart on wheels. So, as I got to know the neighbors I started asking them to please put their cans out for this elderly man. His name was Pops, according to him.  At Christmas I watched for him and gave him a basket of Christmas goodies. And often through these years I would meet him at give him glasses of tea or lemonade and goodies.  Yes, he even collected in the winter.  About 6 weeks ago Pops didn't come. I honestly noticed it but thought perhaps he just got tired of collecting. Last week I got an envelope in my mailbox informing me that Pops had passed away and asked if I would attend his funeral today. 

Well Pops had a list of people he wanted to be invited to his funeral. People were asked to bring canned goods in lieu of flowers to Pops funeral.  So, I bought a bag full of canned goods, a huge box of tissues and went to the funeral. Thinking the whole time, why in the hell am I doing this??  Upon arriving I find that Pops had been buried last Friday. Pops children, grands and great grands were at the funeral home as well as at least 100-125 people. All gathered in a viewing room with tables set up with sandwiches, baked goods, cookies, chips and soft drinks. Other people seemed as bumfuzzled as I was. Pops son asked for everyone's attention and told us that he was trying to fulfill Pops wishes. Pops collected cans and turned them in and bought food for the local Food Pantry. He also volunteered at the Food Pantry. Pops was a retired plumber who wanted to keep being 'useful' until he could no longer do anything. His son said he was 88 yo and I discovered he had been collecting cans for at leat the past 10 years.

His son, David, had an envelope for everyone there, with a hand written thank you note from Pops for being so kind to him and saving their cans for him. And for the other little things people did for Pops.  there was something personal to each person.  He told me he loved that I didn't lose my Texas roots.  David told us the whole family wrote the notes for Pops but he signed each one himself.  I have a HUGE Texas stepping stone near the mailbox and plant Bluebonnets every year. He asked that everyone carry on for him and donate to the local Food Pantry. He had lived thru the Depression and knew what it meant to be hungry. He knew how a man felt when he couldn't feed his family.

What a strange but wonderful afternoon!! Good Bye Pops!!  I will miss that old man!!

Great story, Sunny.  Hope your sinuses get better soon.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:20 PM »

Hi Sunny!  I am sorry you're feeling under the weather, but thank you for sharing that story.  I think Pops would be proud that you posted the story for all of us to read.  What a great example of a giving, kind man...and what love and faith can bring to others.  It was really great that his family carried out his wishes.  And how cool that all of you who had been kind to him got to know the reason he was collecting those cans.  an angelic monkey

Hi numbers!!   thanks for the well wishes.  It was an experience I am so glad I didn't miss. I got a chance to talk with one of his granddaughters....she was telling me that Pops helped people for as long as she could remember and instilled giving to others to his whole family. This is IMO a perfect example of how we touch others daily and never even know it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »

Great story, Sunny.  Hope your sinuses get better soon.

Hi Magnolia!  Long time no see you except when I am in the rafters in Nat's thread.  Thanks, I hope so too...this is miserable!!  ugh!  I told my husband f there was a contest on snot making I would surely win!   Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

Came to say hello to the Musings Monkeys.. and it's just me and 2 Guests.

Hi, Guests!    
----------------------------

ANJ, so glad to read that your little Crystol Noel got a good report.  Wonderful news.

Sounds like you have your hands full between her and your "grand-dog" Kiley.

Sunny Bunny, hope you are feeling better soon. 
I hereby declare you the Queen of er.. uh .. you know ... umm

queen "Mucoid Superfluity!"

God bless you, and God bless Pops!     What a story. 
I say we need a lot more people like Pops in this crazy world...

Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »

ANJ,there is a news presser coming up in the Annie Le case at 9:45.Thought you might want to know that.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2009, 10:08:37 PM »

This is the most beautiful true life story! 

Sunny, I am sooooooooo glad you went.  You reflected Pops today!  You put your needs, second to the needs of something bigger than our moral self.  You put your faith and care for someone just as they come, as Christ does for all of us.  What a wonderful reflection to Pops you are! 
In honor of Pops - I am going to donate to the food bank on a regular basis from now on.
 an angelic monkey  REST IN PEACE, POPS - we will take it from here! an angelic monkey
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »

ANJ,there is a news presser coming up in the Annie Le case at 9:45.Thought you might want to know that.   an angelic monkey
Thanks Trimm - I bet I am late............. hurrying over now~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.