April 26, 2024, 11:24:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skeletal remains of multiple infants found 8/23/09 near Rendon TX  (Read 8354 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: August 24, 2009, 02:20:26 PM »

Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am  Skeletal Remains Found In Trailer Park

FORT WORTH, Texas

Investigators in Tarrant County are looking into the  discovery of skeletal remains found Sunday. The bones are thought to be those of multiple infants.

The remains were found at a mobile home park in an unincorporated part of Tarrant County, located between the cities of Mansfield and Burleson.

Skeletal remains were found in this same location in March 2008.

According to Tarrant County Sheriff's Department spokesman Terry Grisham, details about these most recent skeletal remains are still a mystery. Officials are still unsure if a crime was even committed.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner is also investigating, along with a group of forensic anthropologists, Grisham said.
http://wcco.com/national/Skeletal.Remains.Investigation.2.1141701.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »

Skeletal remains of two infants found under mobile home’s porch

A landlord cleaning out a vacated mobile home near Rendon Sunday afternoon discovered the skeletal remains of two infants in containers underneath the porch, officials said.

Terry Grisham, sheriff’s spokesman, said it remains unknown how the infants died. He said the remains have been turned over to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office for examination by a forensic anthropologist.

"We’re going to lean heavily on them to guide us," Grisham said, "Right now we can’t confirm if they were live births, stillborns, or born and killed. We just really don’t have any idea."

Grisham said a man who owns about five acres off the 6000 block of Tranquility, located in unincorporated Tarrant County southeast of Fort Worth, made the discovery Sunday afternoon while cleaning out one of several mobile homes he rents out on the property.

"The tenants had moved out. He was there to sort of clean up and discovered them underneath the mobile home," Grisham said. "One was in a box that was inside a trash bag. One was in sort of a plastic container."

Grisham said the boxed remains were found beneath the mobile home’s porch.

"You couldn’t see them unless you got down on your knees," he said.

Grisham said investigators have identified the sister and brother who had lived in the mobile home. He said the woman was located Monday morning and is currently being interviewed by detectives. He said he could not confirm rumors that the woman worked at a local hospital.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/1554716.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »

There is a map at the link, but I can't get it here. Even if this is not a crime...it is still a crime ... IMO!!

Bones found near mobile home in Tarrant County

12:42 PM CDT on Monday, August 24, 2009
TARRANT COUNTY — Tarrant County Sheriff's Department investigators are trying to learn more about what appears to be the disturbing discovery of human remains at a rural mobile home.

Neighbors said a single man who lived in the trailer in the 6000 block of Tranquility Circle moved out on Sunday. When the property owner's son came to check out the house, he noticed a box under the wooden porch.

In it was a bag and a bucket and a towel in which were what appeared to be the remains of a baby or a child. The witness described skull fragments that still had hair on the scalp.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office has tentatively ruled that the bones are human.

Several other boxes were subsequently removed from under the trailer; all evidence is now at the medical examiner's office.

No additional information was available. It was unclear whether the remains could represent more than one individual. No arrests have been reported, but the Sheriff's Department has not yet issued a formal statement.

Last year, just 30 yards away from this site, a man found a suitcase in which a bag of human fetal remains was identified. That case remains unsolved.
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa090824_wz_bonesfound.1106f186c.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TEXAS_INFANT_REMAINS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Aug 24, 5:50 PM EDT

Infants' remains found under Texas trailer porch

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press Writer
Watch Related Video

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- The skeletal remains of two infants have been found in a box and a storage container under an abandoned mobile home porch in rural northern Texas - a year after another baby's remains were discovered in a suitcase in a nearby field, officials said Monday.

A land owner who rents mobile homes to several people on his 5-acre lot was cleaning Sunday when he found some bones in a box in a plastic bag and others in a plastic storage bin, said Tarrant County Sheriff's Office spokesman Terry Grisham.

Authorities plan to compare the infants' DNA samples to that of the other baby whose remains were found last year in a suitcase in a field on the same lot, Grisham said. In that case, the medical examiner was unable to determine a cause of death, and authorities had no leads because they could not identify the baby or say whether a crime had occurred, Grisham said.

The brother and sister who lived in the mobile home for about three years before recently moving out denied knowing anything about the remains found Sunday and said they were surprised to hear about the discovery, Grisham said. They have been cooperating with authorities and have not been charged with any crime, officials said.

Authorities were still investigating how and when the infants died, said Dr. Roger Metcalf of the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office. He said a report could take several days, but a cause of death may never be determined depending on the state of decomposition.
We'll have to look at the evidence to see if it was a fetus, stillborn birth or was born alive," Metcalf told The Associated Press.

Detectives also were trying to find out if anyone else stayed at the mobile home or lived there before the brother and sister, Grisham said.

Crime scene tape surrounded the gray mobile home on Monday as county workers cut down 3- and 4-foot-high weeds and brush. Some chairs remained on the front porch of the trailer near the community of Rendon, about 20 miles south of Fort Worth.

"We're looking for any type of evidence such as clothing or any more remains," Grisham said. "We'll be out here as long as we need to be."

Bo Pavelka, 29, who lives across the street from the trailer, said he had seen a man play with a dog in the yard but had never talked to him.

"I'm curious and worried about who it is," said Pavelka, who has two young children and a third child on the way. "Is it some girl having a baby and then throwing it out, or someone taking babies? We need to find out what the hell is going on."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »

Woman arrested in case of 3 infant corpses found in Rendon
Posted Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009

A Tarrant County woman has been arrested in the case of three infant corpses found last August and March 2008 near Rendon, Sheriff Dee Anderson said Thursday.

Rachel Lynnette New, 36, was being held Thursday on one charge of tampering with/or fabricating evidence, with bond set at $50,000, Anderson said.

Investigators were also considering filing two additional charges against her, Anderson said at a news conference at his headquarters in downtown Fort Worth.

DNA evidence from the corpses, two boys and a girl, were matched to New, the sheriff said. It was subsequently decided that she was the mother of all three babies.

She lived more than three years with her brother at the mobile home located on about 5 acres off the 6000 block of Tranquility Circle near Rendon.

Both she and her brother, Randy New, 30, have previously denied any knowledge of the skeletal remains, investigators said.

The brother has not been arrested, Anderson said. It was not clear on Thursday if he was being considered as a suspect in the case.

Rachel New on Thursday was being interviewed again by investigators who showed her the results of the DNA tests, but once that happened, she requested a lawyer and the interview ceased, Anderson said.

Investigators, however, still have a lot of work to do.

For example, they've been unable to confirm if the babies were live births, stillborns or born and then killed, Anderson said.

They also have been unable to determine the identity of the babies' father.

The sheriff said the bodies were so "badly decomposed and compromised" that some forensic tests were useless.

Two sets of remains were discovered last August in containers under the porch of the home which had been vacated by the brother and sister. A landlord reported the discovery to deputies.

But it wasn't the first time that a baby's body was found there.

In March 2008, similar remains of a male fetus were found in a suitcase in brush about 30 feet from the same mobile home, investigators said.

The building is one of several located on about 5 acres off Tranquility Circle.

In August, a woman who identified herself as the landlord of the property called 911 dispatchers to report the latest discovery.

Investigators were directed to separate containers under a porch on the trailer's north side, one in a plastic trash bag inside a cardboard box and the other in a plastic storage bin.

The view under the trailer, investigators said, had been partially obstructed by metal skirting as well as by miscellaneous items stacked near the porch steps.

The landlord sounded unnerved by the discovery.

"A person just moved out, and we were over there just starting to see how much they left and see how much they cleaned ... and drug a box out from under the porch," she told a 911 dispatcher. "And I don't think it's an animal in this box.

"Oh, it makes me have goose bumps."

http://www.star-telegram.com/state/story/1757479.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »

Woman linked to infant remains bonds out of jail

07:33 PM CST on Friday, November 13, 2009

TARRANT COUNTY — There are new developments in the case of a woman jailed in connection with the remains of three infants whose remains were found hidden in rural North Texas.

Investigators believe Rachel New hid the remains of her three infant children — or knows who did — and that she's now hiding the truth of how it happened and why.

The Tarrant County sheriff's office arrested the 36-year-old-woman on Thursday when she refused to talk after being confronted with DNA evidence.

New had nothing to say as she bonded out of jail and hopped into a car which left with a screech of its tires.

Detectives say DNA proves New is the mother of all three infants whose remains were found off a street called Tranquility Court in Rendon.

"Blows my mind away," said New's former landlady AuNeta Southern. "Can't wrap my mind around it."

She lived right next door.

"I talked to her three or four years," Southern said. "Never would have thought it. Just salt of the earth type person. Never would have thought it."

Southern's husband and son found the human remains — first the bones of a baby boy, discovered in March 2008, packed in a suitcase and tossed in the brush.

Then in August this year, the remains of a baby boy and baby girl were uncovered, stored beneath the trailer where Rachel New had lived.

According to the arrest affidavit, some of the remains had been doused in bleach.

Southern said Rachel New moved out of the trailer more than a year ago.

At her current residence in Granbury, few neighbors seem to know her well. They say New works in the admissions department at a hospital.

One of her old acquaintances told News 8 that years ago, Rachel New would cry because she said she couldn't have children.

Although the sheriff's office arrested New for tampering with evidence, the DA's office has not yet received the case to decide whether there is a crime to be prosecuted.

Investigators don't know if the infants had ever been alive outside the womb. If it's a misdemeanor for abusing a corpse, prosecutors say that charge has a two-year statute of limitations.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa091113_wz_rachelnew.2b34eed55.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.