April 23, 2024, 04:47:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 146 9/4/09 - 9/13/09  (Read 232486 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1320 on: September 09, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »

Link supporting what I just said on USE immunity.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/14/ng.01.html
------>  snip
GRACE: ... there`s more to getting immunity than a subpoena showing up in your mailbox via registered mail. You got to work out immunity deal.

RODRIGUEZ: No, not in the state of Florida, Nancy.

GRACE: Good. Explain.

RODRIGUEZ: The law in the state of Florida is if a state attorney subpoenas any witness, that witness has immunity.

GRACE: Oh, you`re talking about use immunity, not blanket immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: Yes. Exactly. Exactly.

GRACE: OK. I understand.

RODRIGUEZ: So obviously, they want to talk to him. He doesn`t have a privilege. He doesn`t have a legal privilege...

GRACE: Right.

RODRIGUEZ: ... of any conversations he`s had with his sister or anyone else.

GRACE: And very quickly, explain the difference between use immunity and blanket immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: Anything he says to them, they cannot use against him in a criminal prosecution. If they could otherwise prove any other crime without use of his own words, they could still prosecute him.

I can get more, if asked.
Thanks NewsJunkie
What's the difference between dismissing with prejudice and dismissing without prejudice?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1321 on: September 09, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »

Part 1 of today's hearing on WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/video/20819111/index.html

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1322 on: September 09, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

One thing to keep in mind though, in the case that absolutely matters ALL of these scumbuckets will get theirs & the prosecution will see to it.  DC won this round but he has far from escaped his stupidity...same will be true of George, Cindy, Lee & Bozo

Justice will prevail for Caylee

I really don't see that coming with the others.  Casey will get hers, but for now no charges are pending against the others..and if that would rear it's ugly head, then their attorneys will ask for immunity just like Lee's did in the past.  The prosecutions case in Caylee's death is about Casey.

Gypsy, what they will face is prejuring themselves - yes, there are no charges pending on them BUT they are not immuned to ever being charged with something including perjury at trial which is inevitable.   Their attorneys (both Conway & Luka)  did ask for full immunity & none of them have received it

I thought Lee got immunity which is why Luka said he is no longer Lee's attorney as he was no longer needed?   

NR, that is my understanding as well. 

Lee Anthony To Face Tough Questions In Deposition
Posted: 6:05 am EDT July 30, 2009
Updated: 1:41 pm EDT July 30, 2009

<snipped>

At one point, there was concern that Lee Anthony may be charged with obstruction of justice because of contradicting statements he had given to sheriff's investigators in the past. Now that Lee Anthony has been granted immunity he does not have to worry about that any longer.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20222332/detail.html

Catching up - a few things.

THE JUDGE dismissed it for now WITHOUT PREJUDICE.  NOT WITH. (you heard correct FLmonkey!)

Lee was given USE IMMUNITY only that I have ever heard officially.  So yes, I am about to disagree with WFTV link above.  Use immunity protects him from prosecution from charges that the state learned of via his testimony.  It does NOT stop them from bringing charges in the future if he lies on the stand, etc.  It only limits them to the testimony.  I have posted on this several times - but if Lee said during his testimony he poured bleach in the back of the car because he was afraid his sister was involved.  The state can't prosecute him for that based on his testimony.  If after the trial or at any point really - a neighbor walks in and hands them a video tape of Lee pouring bleach in the car and telling cindy why he is doing it, etc - that would be information glee'ed from outside of that deposition and he could be charged based on that.  It (THE USE IMMUNITY)  ONLY protects him from his testimony during that deposition.
Back to reading...

ANJ - I do believe you are correct. It was Use Immunity.  Thanks for the clarification. The same type of immunity that was offered to kc in the early days.  Wonder if she is wishing she had taken that Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1323 on: September 09, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony.html

Casey Anthony: Might the judge not postpone civil trial? WKMG asks
posted by halboedeker on Sep 9, 2009 6:31:59 PM

George and Cindy Anthony won't be forced to answer questions in the defamation suit against their daughter. So the focus today moved to Dominic Casey, a private investigator for the Anthonys.

"The purpose of this hearing was to determine whether Dominic Casey should be forced to give a sworn deposition," WKMG-Channel 6's Mike DeForest said.

WKMG showed the contrasting arguments: His attorney, Diana Tennis, said no.

But Keith Mitnik, an attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, said he wanted to know about the private eye's work. Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony for linking her to the disappearance of toddler Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

"If he's an investigator, I want to know: Were you looking for Zanny the nanny?" Mitnik said. "If he wasn't, that sure goes a long way to showing nobody really believes anything Zanny the nanny. Why does that matter to my client? She ultimately became the Zanny the nanny."

But Judge Jose Rodriguez ruled that Gonzalez's attorneys won't be allowed to question the private investigator. "The judge says his information would be privileged," DeForest said.

Dominic Casey told the court he had three letters of engagement: with Casey Anthony, with her parents and with Jose Baez, Casey's attorney in the murder case.

Gonzalez's attorneys were asking the judge to hold the private eye in contempt for not showing up for a deposition, WFTV-Channel 9's Mary Nguyen reported. Gonzalez attorney Mitnik pressed to interview Dominic Casey today, and the judge agreed. Nguyen termed the judge's decision "a very odd move" before delivering his ruling.

The scene in court? Hot. "There were heated exchanges between the judges, the two attorneys and Dominic Casey," Nguyen said. "They were all arguing over whether or not Casey was employed by the Anthony family."

Mitnik dropped his motion to compel George and Cindy Anthony to answer questions. The reason? "Much of the information he [Mitnik] wanted to get on the record from George and Cindy was already on the record in FBI and other law-enforcement interviews," WESH-Channel 2's Amanda Ober reported.

In another development, WKMG reported that Gonzalez's attorneys said Casey Anthony would no longer have to answer a questionnaire that they submitted to her in jail.

The meaning of that move? The judge indicated that he might not postpone the defamation suit, DeForest said.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1324 on: September 09, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »

------>  snip
GRACE: ... there`s more to getting immunity than a subpoena showing up in your mailbox via registered mail. You got to work out immunity deal.

RODRIGUEZ: The law in the state of Florida is if a state attorney subpoenas any witness, that witness has immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: So obviously, they want to talk to him. He doesn`t have a privilege. He doesn`t have a legal privilege...

GRACE: And very quickly, explain the difference between use immunity and blanket immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: Anything he says to them, they cannot use against him in a criminal prosecution. If they could otherwise prove any other crime without use of his own words, they could still prosecute him.

Thanks NewsJunkie
What's the difference between dismissing with prejudice and dismissing without prejudice?

With prejudice would mean the matter can not be revisited.
Without prejudice means the matter can be re-submitted and looked at again.  Usually it is best to bring more reasons why it should be done.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: September 09, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

Thanks Cece.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: September 09, 2009, 06:58:49 PM »

If my $0.05 definition was not satisfying brain candy...........
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Without+Prejudice

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/with+Prejudice
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1327 on: September 09, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »

LOL...I am going to start calling you Legal Dict!!   Seriously, thank you.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1328 on: September 09, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20819273/detail.html

The private eye's attorney argued that he was hired by the Anthony family and Jose Baez, so he has privileged information and did not have to testify. Keith Mitnik, the attorney for Gonzalez, argued he needed to ask those questions before that determination could be made. So, D. Casey's attorney suggested taking his testimony and the judge agreed.

"When you were in the woods looking for the body, you were hired by George, Cindy, Jose and Casey Anthony?"

"Yes, that would be correct," D. Casey said.

The judge ruled Dominic Casey did not have to be deposed, with the condition that he show the contracts to the judge stating he was indeed employed by the Anthony family and Jose Baez.

(snipped)

OK, so now they will go type up a contract with a false date from today   Rolling Eyes - it should have been provided today knowing what they were there for, bogus judge, just bogus with proof of payment as well...more bunk & bull

One more thing   Full or Use immunity for Lee, which is it?  Again, I was hospitalized and did not see any discussion on this that clarifies it, just the mention of "immunity" by WFTV.   Use immunity would not free him from prosecution on new evidence (in other words, not by his testimony), also perjury makes "use immunity" null and void.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1329 on: September 09, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »

Thanks Cece.   

You're welcome Trimm & thank you for all your links & input!   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1330 on: September 09, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »

Nitey nite Monks...time to go for a walk!  TTYL!

Rest in Peace Caylee

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1331 on: September 09, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »

------>  snip

Thanks NewsJunkie

With prejudice would mean the matter can not be revisited.
Without prejudice means the matter can be re-submitted and looked at again.  Usually it is best to bring more reasons why it should be done.
Thank you so much,I am learning more and more each day about courts and rulings and motions and such.
I voted this judge ALL F's lol

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1332 on: September 09, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »

Good night Sunny!  Enjoy your evening.   an angelic monkey

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1333 on: September 09, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »

I bet Spindy & George will go on national news again tomorrow. My TV set is in serious jeopardy right now....

SUNNY & SEEME,  tell Rodriguez he is creepy and is uglier than ITO and not very photogenic! I'll start collecting bond money. 

Thanx in advance for your support Monkey Devil!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1334 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »

I sure hope Attorney Mitnik follows through with the sanctions he spoke of earlier.  I hate them all!

numbersgirl..what sanctions? Feeling like I missed something.
TIA
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1335 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »

I just can't risk my head imploding by watching that again, but thanks for the link cece. shakng2

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1336 on: September 09, 2009, 07:17:22 PM »

I just can't risk my head imploding by watching that again, but thanks for the link cece. shakng2

I know the feeling!   

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: September 09, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »

nite nite Sunny  Im about to take to the treadmill 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1338 on: September 09, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

Posted on youtube by justfoolinaround2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fyc4k7bGvz8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Fyc4k7bGvz8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1339 on: September 09, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »

hello monkeys
i've been catching u and see that there is no good news for Zenaida as of yet....BUT, AND DON'T THROW NANNERS...this is just from what i understand...Slander only happens if people believe that it is true.  and maybe for the first three days of all this mess (after cindy called 911) people thought it was true...but when more came out, i didn't think some nanny named zanny did it...i thought (know in my heart) that casey did it.  so, maybe its a good thing that happened - the judge saying its a bs suit (now granted not good for Zenaida) because if no reasonable person ever though she was really involved, then its still saying casey was full of it from the beginning. 
I hope that makes some kind of sense.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.