April 16, 2024, 08:26:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 146 9/4/09 - 9/13/09  (Read 232273 times)
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: September 06, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

Originally Posted by Tony Padilla 
Interesting. I have heard that quote before. It's in a movie I think. Okay point well taken about the metaphor. However, I really believe that everybody here (or a huge majority) paint the Anthony's to be rotten horrible people. They cant wait to "cast another stone". Again I don not agree with what they have done or siad about numerous things but do you think you could be rational in those shoes?
(I don't trust Tony, I want to know what his agenda really is, and it isn't in my opinion justice for Caylee, I see dollar signs.)

nrcg....I don't trust him either. First of all why in the hell is he talking so bad about LP? Even if the thinks it, what is the point of putting it on a forum on the Internet.? I honestly think he is JEALOUS!!! But I also think he has another motive.....I just don't know what that motive is.  Why didn't the A's do like other families and get a spokesperson for the family....A trusted friend, minister or relative?? Why didn't they keep their mouths shut? Why didn't they look for Caylee?  I don't know if I could be rational, but I do know I wouldn't try to alienate the whole frigging world....especially people like Tim and TES and Mark Nejame.  Both of these people offered help to them.....no charge....but neither would allow the A's to run the show.

Another motive?  Aren't they all just airing their dirty linen in public?  He has stated several times he is thinking about writing a book......
If his efforts on WS are an example of his talents so far, I would say this.
Don't quit your day job Tony.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »

Just jumping in and might have not seen this when I skimmed the pages to get caught up, but didn't LE also suggest it was an accident in the beginning? Or am I totally off on that. 
You are not off, NRCG!  They did.  It could have been a way to offer an easy "out" for Casey so she would confess, and thereby help them locate Caylee's remains.  LE tactic perhaps.  Or maybe they really were fielding the possibility that it could have been an accident at that early stage in the investigation.

Then chloroform came into the picture...

And then one day a meter reader needed to relieve himself... and the rest is history.  When Caylee's remains were found, well... it's not a very likely possibility that the duct tape "accidentally" got plastered all over Caylee's lower face...  But you are right, in the beginning, LE DID indeed (in witness interviews and IIRC in media reports?) proffer the theory that Casey could be covering up an accidental death... and yet Cindy always said NO WAY -- Casey would come straight to us if Caylee so much as skinned her knee, blah blah blah...

Thank-you. I'm going to write this and I don't want people to be upset with me, but it is really bugging me. I know a lot of people think this was a premeditated murder, and maybe it was, I don't know. But for some reason after listening to some of the things that Tracy especially was saying about Casey, and that she has no grip on reality. Is there any chance that Caylee died accidently in the pool, Casey then set this all up, duct tape, and all these outlandish stories, could she have snapped when it happened, was she afraid for Cindy especially to find out? 99% of us when there is a tragic accident would do the proper thing, but if she has no grasp on reality.....     Just a thought, and most likely a bad thought.

No Rose..I thought about that too.

But then why didn't she do that when the first Capitol lawyer came on board?  I thought he was about to set up a very similar scenario where Caylee accidentally drown, due to Casey being on the phone and losing track off her.   Casey tries to call everyone..no one answers..Casey snaps and is left to deal with it herself....and she is more mentally ill then we know..so therefore this only an accident covered up because she had no where to turn. 

The worst case would be child endangerment and maybe 3rd degree manslaughter.  That was just how I thought they might reasonably try to direct the action..that way she would have had  some sympathy from the jurors..and a much lesser sentence.   But that didn't fly with Baez or Casey..no way..she says she is innocent of any of this.

Some of that is plausible , but don't you think it's a tad too convenient that the child would have met with some terrible accident right at the exact time that Casey desperately wanted to be single with no attachments? 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: September 06, 2009, 03:00:41 PM »

Just jumping in and might have not seen this when I skimmed the pages to get caught up, but didn't LE also suggest it was an accident in the beginning? Or am I totally off on that. 
You are not off, NRCG!  They did.  It could have been a way to offer an easy "out" for Casey so she would confess, and thereby help them locate Caylee's remains.  LE tactic perhaps.  Or maybe they really were fielding the possibility that it could have been an accident at that early stage in the investigation.

And then one day a meter reader needed to relieve himself... and the rest is history.  When Caylee's remains were found, well... it's not a very likely possibility that the duct tape "accidentally" got plastered all over Caylee's lower face...  But you are right, in the beginning, LE DID indeed (in witness interviews and IIRC in media reports?) proffer the theory that Casey could be covering up an accidental death... and yet Cindy always said NO WAY -- Casey would come straight to us if Caylee so much as skinned her knee, blah blah blah...

Thank-you. I'm going to write this and I don't want people to be upset with me, but it is really bugging me. I know a lot of people think this was a premeditated murder, and maybe it was, I don't know. But for some reason after listening to some of the things that Tracy especially was saying about Casey, and that she has no grip on reality. Is there any chance that Caylee died accidently in the pool, Casey then set this all up, duct tape, and all these outlandish stories, could she have snapped when it happened, was she afraid for Cindy especially to find out? 99% of us when there is a tragic accident would do the proper thing, but if she has no grasp on reality.....     Just a thought, and most likely a bad thought.

No Rose..I thought about that too.

But then why didn't she do that when the first Capitol lawyer came on board?  I thought he was about to set up a very similar scenario where Caylee accidentally drown, due to Casey being on the phone and losing track off her.   Casey tries to call everyone..no one answers..Casey snaps and is left to deal with it herself....and she is more mentally ill then we know..so therefore this only an accident covered up because she had no where to turn. 

The worst case would be child endangerment and maybe 3rd degree manslaughter.  That was just how I thought they might reasonably try to direct the action..that way she would have had  some sympathy from the jurors..and a much lesser sentence.   But that didn't fly with Baez or Casey..no way..she says she is innocent of any of this.

Some of that is plausible , but don't you think it's a tad too convenient that the child would have met with some terrible accident right at the exact time that Casey desperately wanted to be single with no attachments? 

I think Casey murdered Caylee intentionally. 

I don't believe it was an accident..but I thought the best chance the defense had was to go with that story.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

NRCG, I certainly am not upset with you and doubt that most other monks would be.  Many Monkeys have most likely "gone there" at one time or another.. this new info is really making us all ponder what really happened, too.

I'm thinking this was Lenamon's and Walsh's strategy early on... it could be believable perhaps.  It's just that she has a history of stealing, lying.. maybe more history than we know about to date! (juvi sealed records?)  She does come across as perfectly capable of premeditated murder...

What if it were not exactly an accident, but rather an unintentional death in conjunction with a felony, like leaving Caylee unattended, drugging or chloroforming Caylee, or shoving, shaking, or even beating her (!) or something like that?  Then she is still considered a murderer, whether she intended to kill Caylee or not.

In any event, you would think someone would have caved by now if it were unintentional!  She is facing the death penalty, and the family has endured so much... if it were in fact actually an accident to begin with, it's just so hard to imagine her -- or them -- keeping up this deadly charade for so long, and causing countless people tremendous amounts of expense, wasted time, embarrassment, anguish, inconvenience,etc.

But Casey and the family are certainly not normal.  They are both a couple of real "head cases," and we can't count on their behavior ever falling within any kind of norm... so who knows??  I thought your post was a good one.  Very thoughtftul and thought-provoking.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

Another thing that struck me in the interviews of Rob, LP and Tracy..their storys are all basically the same because they are not lying.  They are giving their frank observations of being with the A's during that time.
Rob even thought Cindy might ask him to get in the car and take her to track down leads..but she didn't.  No one in that house was concerned at all about looking for Caylee.  We knew that..but it was nice to see that people who are used to tracking leads and finding people were all surprised that no one seemed interested in finding Caylee.   Instead he was doing grocery runs for them.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2009, 03:06:49 PM »

<self-snip>But Casey and the family are certainly not normal.  They are both a couple all a bunch of real "head cases," and we can't count on their behavior ever falling within any kind of norm... so who knows??  I thought your post was a good one.  Very thoughtftul thoughtful and thought-provoking.
(oops, self-edit above, from previous post)

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: September 06, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

<respectfully snipped by Desi>
1.  Lee seemed to running the show in the A family as far as their story's and what was done.  It was Lee who came in and said no polygraphs..when all of them had said they would take one....Tracy says that even Casey said she would through Baez.  Lee is telling his mother how to act and what to do when Casey is being rearrested.  Take about the screwy leading the screwy.
  Great line, DD.  Tracy called him "the director" of the family!  Wow, if Lee is running the show, they can't avoid being in big trouble.  We've seen how he "directs" the destruction of an offending protestor's sign, a top-secret private-eye suspect interrogation (Tony L), and a nationally televised speech in memory of his niece.  And then there are those wacky knee socks...

"The screwy leading the screwy"

... IMO that's in the running for the motto on the Anthony family crest!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: September 06, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »

IIRC when LE asked the psychic to provide her phone records she didn't, said she couldn't at that time they were on her father's bill.  Of course all LE needed was her phone number to check if it showed up on Doms phone records. 

What I believe is that Lee knew approximately where the body was from clues and discussions with Casey.  I believe that Lee is the person on the pone with Dom while he is scouring the woods and the abandoned house.  Cindy and George were at the meet and greet that morning.

A couple of things that struck me about Tracy's interview.

1.  Lee seemed to running the show in the A family as far as their story's and what was done.  It was Lee who came in and said no polygraphs..when all of them had said they would take one....Tracy says that even Casey said she would through Baez.  Lee is telling his mother how to act and what to do when Casey is being rearrested.  Take about the screwy leading the screwy.

2.  Tracy asked for immunity and had a lawyer there during her LE interview.  Why?
I firmly believe, just my opinion, that LP and Rob had her wired during the entire time she was in the house.  When they got there and realized they could not have their guns with them, they could not use the safe house they had planned on using, they went to plan B.  Plan be being them in the motor home out front with guns, listening to everything going on in the house via a wire Tracey is wearing.  I do not believe that LP would have allowed Tracey alone in the house with just a cellphone to communicate.  I do believe that they did communicate vis the cell and text messaging.  But I also believe that they could hear what was going on in there.   Remember at one point Tracy gets a text from rob asking if she is alright  when a lot of hubbub was going on in the house.

Tracy would need immunity for wiretapping without the person's consent.  Also  I don't think that testimony could be used.  However, everything she herself heard and communicated to LP and Rob could be used as testimony, via text or cellphone could be used.  Just my opinion of why she may have felt she needed immunity..

Good Afternoon, DD. my belief, my deduction and my thinking about who was on the phone with Dom Casey is the same as yours because of the things you picked up about it and the lack of phone records on the part of the psychic and all the silliness that went along with it. It also seemed that the story about the Virginia psychic was quickly dropped after all of that came out. It was clear, imo, that he was talking to someone directing who knew where Caylee's remains were AT.... Monkey Devil! I grew up in Alabama, but I lived in Florida for a time, so I have good reason to dangle my participle.

It has been some interesting comments made on the case again today.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #448 on: September 06, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »

Had to step away and got sidetracked for a bit, so I will be catching up on the last couple of pages... but just wanted to say to karen:

Thank you very much for posting those comments from Rob's site.  He comes across as well-balanced and rational, not to mention utterly truthful, IMO.  He explains the dynamics well, and again, really appreciate you posting this here.

I want to thank you also Karen, Rob seems like a nice guy.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #449 on: September 06, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

Thanks to all that answered, we may never know what exactly happened to Caylee 
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »

Hi Monks!  NoRose, I tend to agree with you.  I believe LP when he said something to the effect that "KC lives her life 5 minutes at a time".  I think Caylee's death could have been a result of negligence and/or rage.  Maybe KC had contemplated what her life would have been like with the baby, but I'm not convinced killing Caylee was the end result of a carefully plotted scheme.  IMO, KC is too impulsive.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: September 06, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

Agggg, getting confused here - is this a fact or your opinion?  Am I missing something?  Did the phone records prove he was lying?  Someone link me - I hate it when I miss something.

It is my OPINION that he was led there, but I sure want to have something to back it up, so will a nice monkey linkey me please!
Hi ANJM, I don't think any records have ever come out proving he was lying, but I could be wrong. I bet they will have records of a call to that physic woman tho, just because they knew their records may be looked at. That's my opinion anyway. And I agree with you that he was led there! 
Good Morning Monks old and new!!  I don't think he was on the phone with a physic at that time because I am sure D Casey never thought Hoover would rat him out.   I do agree that he was being led there but not by anyone other than someone connected to the case. And to the best of my knowledge D. Casey's phone records have not been released.
JMO, but I don't think we'll find a link on this; I agree, don't think D.Casey's phone records are available yet for our perusal. Though I'm hoping they are in the hands of the State by now.

As far as making assumptions about who was talking to Dominic during that shameful secret search, although it is a truly far-fetched idea, it could very well be that there was some conspiratorial hanky-panky going on through Ginette Lucas.  Not likely, I know.  But I mean, even though she did dodge so transparently on TV when confronted about her phone records, surely Dominic is not stupid enough to think HIS phone records won't be located and examined!  Why would he tell such an easily disproven lie?  He's a P.I. for pete's sake!

So, (again, admittedly far-fetched --) what if that teddy bear of Caylee's which Cindy supposedly sent to GL actually contained more secret information than just "vibes" for her to "read?"  Hmm?  Just picture it:  Dominic finds her; he fools Hoover into thinking it was a spontaneous psychic reading that led to the discovery, GL becomes famous.... that is, IF they actually would have called 911 and not Jose Baez with the news.

Crazy scenario, yes.  But then again, many unfolding developments in this case have been hard to wrap our brains around.  JMO.  What I am trying to say is that we really cannot know who was on the other end of the line when Dominic was poking around on Suburban Drive last November.

Er, well, unless I'm wrong --> and we DO actually know who it was -- and I just didn't KNOW that we knew!  In which case I apologize to ANJ and other confused Monkeys for creating even more confusion by stating MY OWN opinion!!

(I'm kidding here, but I'd like to add that it really can cloud the real picture, when posters state an opinion and it is interpreted by other posters as a known fact in the case... )

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »

Another thing that struck me in the interviews of Rob, LP and Tracy..their storys are all basically the same because they are not lying.  They are giving their frank observations of being with the A's during that time.
Rob even thought Cindy might ask him to get in the car and take her to track down leads..but she didn't.  No one in that house was concerned at all about looking for Caylee.  We knew that..but it was nice to see that people who are used to tracking leads and finding people were all surprised that no one seemed interested in finding Caylee.   Instead he was doing grocery runs for them.

I agree Gypsy DD.  The combination of their interviews spoke loud and clear.

Also, and sorry if this is off topic, I want to thank you for all your very insightful observations and posts.  I was so far behind, I didn't take the time to reply to them individually.  (I also enjoy reading your posts on the Christine Sheddy thread).

an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: September 06, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »

At the very beginning, I was really thinking it was an accident, and she was just afraid to come clean, but after being given an option, she would 'fess up and would tell. In fact, I was hoping it was an accident, and something that happened was totally unintentional.

At this point, I connot reconcile an accident, in any scenario. As far as being premeditated, IMO she thought off and on about this as pressures were building up. I don't think she conciously thought about it all the time, but when the stresses would build up, she would think about it a little more. I think whatever was the final overflow of rage is when she did it. As I have stated before, I think it was the fierce and possible physical artercation the night of June 15. All, of course, JMO.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: September 06, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »

What an insightful point, DD

And don't forget the midnight runs to Wendy's for the grieving young mother who was wasting away and losing weight, despite all the Olive Garden feasts and hot-wing feeding frenzies....

Seriously though, this really did stand out in their interviews, didn't it?  Along with how consistently their stories meshed -- in comparison with the way-out conflicting 'tales told by the idiots' (sorry), or rather the Anthony clan.  <--As you pointed out. 

Excellent post, IMO.  The truth doesn't change.  Betcha Tracy, Rob, and Leonard did not have to cart in a foot-tall stack of "notes" to their interviews with LE.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-associate-capture-the-absurdity.html

"Inside the Anthony Household" -- it's like an episode of "The Twilight Zone."

The audio interviews released Friday provide a crucial look at Casey Anthony and her family. Those interviews confirm that the Anthonys are one strange clan -- what many observers have suspected for a long time.

In the interviews, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and associate Tracy McLaughlin talked with investigators. Both Padilla and McLaughin sound baffled by their dealings with the Anthonys in summer 2008.

Television played snippets to dramatic and enlightening effect. WFTV-Channel 9's Jeff Deal said that Padilla described a family of built-up tensions and highlighted an argument between Anthony and her father, George.

"I saw more tears shed among my people that were there than her family," Padilla told investigators.

Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her child, Caylee. The toddler's remains were found late last year.

WESH-Channel 2's Amanda Ober said McLaughlin painted "a somewhat bizarre picture of Casey" after spending a week with her a year ago. Anthony bristled when any conversation turned to Caylee, who was missing at the time. Casey wanted to be the center of attention.

"It was competition. She wanted the limelight," McLaughlin told investigators. "It was sad. You couldn't talk about anything else."

WESH also highlighted the argument between Casey and George. Tired of lies, George said he wanted the truth.

"Don't treat me like a scumbag cop," Casey replied. "Act like you're my father."

In that argument, George knew his daughter was lying, WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone said. Casey acted "like a little prima donna" in the argument, McLaughlin told the investigators.

In another strange tidbit, WESH's Ober noted that Casey wore eye makeup to flirt with one of Padilla's male employees. In what Anthony called "the sunglass game," she would lower her sunglasses and flirt via the rear-view mirror.

All very "Twilight Zone."

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »

What an insightful point, DD

And don't forget the midnight runs to Wendy's for the grieving young mother who was wasting away and losing weight, despite all the Olive Garden feasts and hot-wing feeding frenzies....

Seriously though, this really did stand out in their interviews, didn't it?  Along with how consistently their stories meshed -- in comparison with the way-out conflicting 'tales told by the idiots' (sorry), or rather the Anthony clan.  <--As you pointed out. 

Excellent post, IMO.  The truth doesn't change.  Betcha Tracy, Rob, and Leonard did not have to cart in a foot-tall stack of "notes" to their interviews with LE.

Amen DESI. The truth is the truth and it doesn't change.  an angelic monkey

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2009, 03:54:28 PM »

<respectfully snipped by Desi>
  Great line, DD.  Tracy called him "the director" of the family!  Wow, if Lee is running the show, they can't avoid being in big trouble.  We've seen how he "directs" the destruction of an offending protestor's sign, a top-secret private-eye suspect interrogation (Tony L), and a nationally televised speech in memory of his niece.  And then there are those wacky knee socks...

"The screwy leading the screwy"

... IMO that's in the running for the motto on the Anthony family crest!

Wait - you forgot one - The altercation with the dog bowl!!!!!!!!!!

Back in a bit - need to run errands!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-associate-capture-the-absurdity.html

"Inside the Anthony Household" -- it's like an episode of "The Twilight Zone."

WESH also highlighted the argument between Casey and George. Tired of lies, George said he wanted the truth.

"Don't treat me like a scumbag cop," Casey replied. "Act like you're my father."

Thanks Cece for posting this link.

Does anyone know what day this fight took place off hand? Was it towards the end or the beginning of her being out of jail? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »

I agree Gypsy DD.  The combination of their interviews spoke loud and clear.

Also, and sorry if this is off topic, I want to thank you for all your very insightful observations and posts.  I was so far behind, I didn't take the time to reply to them individually.  (I also enjoy reading your posts on the Christine Sheddy thread).

an angelic monkey

Why thank you CECE..I love reading your posts and everyone else's posts here at SM.  This is such a nice group, very articulate and very informative.... not the in-fighting you see on other boards.  The discussions here are so full of ideas and different ways of looking at things that I think we all keep each other questing for the truth in Caylee's case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.