April 24, 2024, 08:52:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 146 9/4/09 - 9/13/09  (Read 232502 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

Z's atty is making strong arguments.  Seems this judge wants all the arguments...JMO

he acys like he is down on the media...but I think he is loving it!!   

Judge R reminds me of the Anna Nicole Judge, and I did not like him and his style.

I hear you, NR.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

Civil Case Against Casey Takes Center Stage
Posted: 7:30 am EDT September 8, 2009
Updated: 12:09 pm EDT September 8, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony will likely bring another round of tough questions for her parents as early as Tuesday.

George and Cindy Anthony could be held in contempt of court if they do not answer some questions about the case, but first Casey's team of attorneys wants the civil suit against her dismissed. MORE.....

http://www.wftv.com/news/20788309/detail.html
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20773704/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are in court Tuesday morning seeking to get a civil lawsuit dismissed or at least delayed.

The hearing lasted two hours, and the judge has not issued his ruling yet.

Zenaida Gonzalez -- the woman who claims Casey ruined her reputation by saying someone with her name abducted Caylee Anthony -- is pursuing a civil defamation case. Anthony's attorneys want it dismissed, saying her attorneys can not show the alleged defamatory statement was directed at the Zenaida Gonzalez who has filed the lawsuit.

if they can't get it delayed, they want to have the judge delay it until after Anthony's criminal trial next year.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County jail charged with murder in the death of her daughter Caylee, who was 2 when she was reported missing in 2008.

Anthony's attorney Jonathan Kasen said the lawsuit is "frivolous" in his quest to have it dismissed. Als he said firm that filed the suit, Morgan and Morgan, "works off of publicity."

Keith Mitnik, an attorney for Gonzalez, said his client is only Zenaida Gonzalez that police interviewed. He also objects to delaying the case, because he said the criminal case could take years.

Casey Anthony is not at the hearing, and neither are her parents, Cindy and George Anthony.

In the second hearing on Wednesday, Zenaida's attorneys will attempt to get Cindy and George Anthony to answer more questions.

They refused to answer certain questions during an earlier deposition. In April, Cindy Anthony refused to answer whether her daughter had used their credit cards without permission. Gonzalez' team wants to establish Casey didn't have the money to pay for a babysitter.

George Anthony refused to answer a number of questions during the depositions and repeatedly threatened to walk out of the sessions. He refused to answer whether Casey Anthony stole from them -- earlier he told an FBI agent she stole from all of them and took money from Caylee's piggy bank. He would also not disclose what information relevant to Gonzalez an investigator discovered while working for him and his wife.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he thinks the judge will tell Gonzalez's attorney to move on with the case.

"It's obvious Zenaida Gonzalez doesn't exist so they need to move on to proving she doesn't exist and securing whatever the damages are," he said.

Sources also told WESH 2 News that Gonzalez's attorneys considered suing Cindy Anthony for allegedly repeating libelous statements she knew were incorrect, but decided against that action.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »

VIDEO REPORT: Attorneys Trying To Get Case Dismissed

http://www.wftv.com/video/20789511/index.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20779118/detail.html
Decision Delayed In Anthony Civil Case
23-Year-Old Charged In Death Of Caylee Anthony

POSTED: Monday, September 7, 2009
UPDATED: 12:29 pm EDT September 8, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida judge has postponed deciding whether to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by a Central Florida woman who claims Casey Anthony damaged her reputation.

The judge in Orlando also delayed deciding whether to postpone the defamation lawsuit until after Anthony's criminal trial on a first-degree murder charge.

Anthony, 23, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December. Anthony has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and she told investigators that she left Caylee with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez last summer and the two were gone when she returned to pick up her daughter.

Investigators believe Anthony made up the story about the nanny.

A woman by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez has filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony, seeking $15,000 and claiming that she could not secure employment because of the link to the case.

If the judge allows the case to move forward, Anthony's attorneys will request that the civil case be postponed until after her murder trial, which is scheduled to begin next year.
Gonzalez's attorneys will return to court on Wednesday to ask a judge to force Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, to answer questions they refused to answer during depositions earlier this year.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #865 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

So if the judge has to take a month to decide, why would there be a hearing tomorrow? Or am I just confused? 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: September 08, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »

So if the judge has to take a month to decide, why would there be a hearing tomorrow? Or am I just confused? 

The hearing today probably won't end up dismissing the whole suit, but postponing it. They will still eventually have to answer the questions anyhow. Or at least, that is what I think.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: September 08, 2009, 12:40:38 PM »

The hearing today probably won't end up dismissing the whole suit, but postponing it. They will still eventually have to answer the questions anyhow. Or at least, that is what I think.
Thanks, what a mess 
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #868 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »

I think they are on two different issues.... today was Amy and the checks
Tomorrow involves ZFGs lawsuit.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #869 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:36 PM »

On Wednesday attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez will be back in court again. They want George and Cindy Anthony to answer more questions in their depositions. They also want to hold private investigator Dominic Casey in contempt of court for not appearing for his deposition.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/090809_Casey_Anthony_defamation_suit
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »

He hasn't dismissed the case but is delaying his decision on when the case will actually go to trial.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #871 on: September 08, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

Here's the whole article from the above link:

Judge delays decision in
Anthony suit

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Sep 2009, 12:32 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 08 Sep 2009, 8:18 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A judge has postponed deciding whether to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by woman who claims Casey Anthony damaged her reputation.

The judge also delayed deciding whether to postpone the defamation lawsuit until after Anthony's criminal trial on a first-degree murder charge. Prosecutors allege that Anthony killed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

Investigators believe Anthony made up the story about the nanny. A woman named Zenaida Gonzalez claims in the defamation lawsuit that her reputation was damaged as a result of Anthony's story
about the nanny. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

On Wednesday attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez will be back in court again. They want George and Cindy Anthony to answer more questions in their depositions. They also want to hold private investigator Dominic Casey in contempt of court for not appearing for his deposition.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/090809_Casey_Anthony_defamation_suit

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: September 08, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »

JMO Judge R will probably make the same ruling tomorrow.....that he will wait until he rules on the motion to dismiss to rule on this one....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »

Thanks, good luck in getting George and Cin to answer more questions, they may if forced, but it will be all lies anyway 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: September 08, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »

JMO Judge R will probably make the same ruling tomorrow.....that he will wait until he rules on the motion to dismiss to rule on this one....

Probably. I have no idea why he was criticizing anyone's speech, he sounds like a whining woman 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #875 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »

Thanks, good luck in getting George and Cin to answer more questions, they may if forced, but it will be all lies anyway 

I know! Wouldn't you think though, that Cindy and George would be just a little nervous lying in a legal matter with their daughter up against a death penalty? I'd be scared to death of crossing the judicial system at this point!
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #876 on: September 08, 2009, 12:54:46 PM »

I think they are on two different issues.... today was Amy and the checks
Tomorrow involves ZFGs lawsuit.

Actually today was about Z's lawsuit of defamation as to whether it should proceed before the criminal case.  It appears the judge is leaning toward delay but he has delayed his own ruling for a month or so.  I think it's because he wants to give his clerks adequate time for research.  (I get the impression that his clerks are the ones who wade through his tomes of books...)

Tomorrow's hearing is whether or not George and Cindy can be forced to answer questions posed to them.  Personally, I hope he rules on this tomorrow and mades them answer or be in contempt!

I can, however, see where letting the civil proceed the criminal could lead to years of appeals.  I'd rather (as someone earlier mentioned) delay gratification to see a solid "guilty" verdict for Casey with nothing to impede the verdict.  (I do realize there will certainly be appeals if she gets the DP but I'm personally hoping for life so she can spend many years regretting her action.  I think death would resolve this too quickly.)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: September 08, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »

I know! Wouldn't you think though, that Cindy and George would be just a little nervous lying in a legal matter with their daughter up against a death penalty? I'd be scared to death of crossing the judicial system at this point!
I pray I never see people like this again, I would be in an institution from all this, not fighting and lying and thumbing my nose   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #878 on: September 08, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »

I pray I never see people like this again, I would be in an institution from all this, not fighting and lying and thumbing my nose   

I'm with you, NR! I must say, there would be a major part of me that would want to know who killed my granddaughter! They know in whose authority Caylee was when she died; Casey's.

I honesly believe tha Cindy cannot face up to the probable fact that she, herself, was probably the impetus for what happened. If Casey is found guilty, then her fears are true. They're just nuts.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: September 08, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

You are probably right. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.