April 27, 2024, 05:23:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 146 9/4/09 - 9/13/09  (Read 233073 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #880 on: September 08, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »

So if the judge has to take a month to decide, why would there be a hearing tomorrow? Or am I just confused? 
  JMO Judge R will probably make the same ruling tomorrow.....that he will wait until he rules on the motion to dismiss to rule on this one....

You are probably right. 

He probably will, but I really do think there's a better argument to make Cindy and George answer the questions. They aren't on the line with the death penalty! 
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #881 on: September 08, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

So if the judge has to take a month to decide, why would there be a hearing tomorrow? Or am I just confused? 

The hearing today probably won't end up dismissing the whole suit, but postponing it. They will still eventually have to answer the questions anyhow. Or at least, that is what I think.

I think they are on two different issues.... today was Amy and the checks
Tomorrow involves ZFGs lawsuit.

Actually today was about Z's lawsuit of defamation as to whether it should proceed before the criminal case.  It appears the judge is leaning toward delay but he has delayed his own ruling for a month or so.  I think it's because he wants to give his clerks adequate time for research.  (I get the impression that his clerks are the ones who wade through his tomes of books...)

Tomorrow's hearing is whether or not George and Cindy can be forced to answer questions posed to them.  Personally, I hope he rules on this tomorrow and mades them answer or be in contempt!

I can, however, see where letting the civil proceed the criminal could lead to years of appeals.  I'd rather (as someone earlier mentioned) delay gratification to see a solid "guilty" verdict for Casey with nothing to impede the verdict.  (I do realize there will certainly be appeals if she gets the DP but I'm personally hoping for life so she can spend many years regretting her action.  I think death would resolve this too quickly.)

Thanks Toy for clarifying that. I couldn't get the video up. Well from what everyone is saying it looks like this judge is grandstanding for the audience, have we researched him to see if he's sleeping with Spindy or George
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »

On Wednesday attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez will be back in court again. They want George and Cindy Anthony to answer more questions in their depositions. They also want to hold private investigator Dominic Casey in contempt of court for not appearing for his deposition.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/090809_Casey_Anthony_defamation_suit
Thanks, good luck in getting George and Cin to answer more questions, they may if forced, but it will be all lies anyway 

I know! Wouldn't you think though, that Cindy and George would be just a little nervous lying in a legal matter with their daughter up against a death penalty? I'd be scared to death of crossing the judicial system at this point!

Why should they be nervous? They have lied since day 1 and nothing has been done. Each lies that goes by without so much a slap on the wrist gives them more reason to LIE more.  Why have they been given such a free rein?  Morgan and company seems to be the ONLY people who have to guts to call them out!!   I am really tired of their free pass rides. It needs to stop....in the name of JUSTICE...it needs to be stopped.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: September 08, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »

When did the 'rights' of the criminal become more important than the right of the victim??

A friend said perhaps...just perhaps....Judge R is doing this because it doesn't want it to look as though he was partial to ZFG since both are of Hispanic decent..he wants it to appear that he looked at all the legal data and his decision will be based on that and not on a nationality factor coming into play.....personally I don't see it that way...but I suppose anything is possible n the crazy mess.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: September 08, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »

I have no idea how that posted 3 times...I kept getting timed out....Hopefully a mod will fix it for me!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: September 08, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20779118/detail.html
Decision Delayed In Anthony Civil Case
23-Year-Old Charged In Death Of Caylee Anthony

POSTED: Monday, September 7, 2009
UPDATED: 1:14 pm EDT September 8, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida judge has postponed deciding whether to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by a Central Florida woman who claims Casey Anthony damaged her reputation.
The judge in Orlando also delayed deciding whether to postpone the defamation lawsuit until after Anthony's criminal trial on a first-degree murder charge.

Anthony, 23, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December. Anthony has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and she told investigators that she left Caylee with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez last summer and that the two were gone when she returned to pick up her daughter.

Investigators believe Anthony made up the story about the nanny.

A woman by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez has filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony, seeking $15,000 and claiming that she could not secure employment because of the link to the case.

If the judge allows the case to move forward, Anthony's attorneys will request that the civil case be postponed until after her murder trial, which is scheduled to begin next year.

Gonzalez's attorneys will return to court on Wednesday to ask a judge to force Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, to answer questions they refused to answer during depositions earlier this year.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #886 on: September 08, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »

I have no idea how that posted 3 times...I kept getting timed out....Hopefully a mod will fix it for me!!

Yes, done!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: September 08, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »

Yes, done!   

Thanks CBB 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: September 08, 2009, 01:54:40 PM »

Yes, done!   

thanks you CBB...perhaps I will quit messing with the voodoo doll for a while

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #889 on: September 08, 2009, 01:56:41 PM »

Yes, done!   

Thanks CBB 

Her "Big Girl Panties" may need to be let out Klaas!  And I didn't put her in "Time Out" no matter what she says!     
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: September 08, 2009, 02:09:44 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20773704/detail.html
Judge Delays Decision On Anthony Case Dismissal
Zenaida Gonzalez Says Anthony Ruined Her Reputation

POSTED: 10:16 am EDT September 7, 2009
UPDATED: 1:51 pm EDT September 8, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are in court Tuesday morning seeking to get a civil lawsuit dismissed or at least delayed.

The hearing lasted two hours, and the judge has not issued his ruling yet.
Zenaida Gonzalez -- the woman who claims Casey ruined her reputation by saying someone with her name abducted Caylee Anthony -- is pursuing a civil defamation case. Anthony's attorneys want it dismissed, saying her attorneys can not show the alleged defamatory statement was directed at the Zenaida Gonzalez who has filed the lawsuit.

if they can't get it delayed, they want to have the judge delay it until after Anthony's criminal trial next year.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County jail charged with murder in the death of her daughter Caylee, who was 2 when she was reported missing in 2008.
Anthony's attorney Jonathan Kasen said the lawsuit is "frivolous" in his quest to have it dismissed. Als he said firm that filed the suit, Morgan and Morgan, "works off of publicity."

Keith Mitnik, an attorney for Gonzalez, said his client is only Zenaida Gonzalez that police interviewed. He also objects to delaying the case, because he said the criminal case could take years.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: September 08, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

JMO Judge R will probably make the same ruling tomorrow.....that he will wait until he rules on the motion to dismiss to rule on this one....

You are probably right. 

He probably will, but I really do think there's a better argument to make Cindy and George answer the questions. They aren't on the line with the death penalty! 

He can also rule DC in contempt and slap him around a bit. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: September 08, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »

Casey Anthony: Civil-suit judge hints at delay, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Sep 8, 2009 12:32:17 PM
<snipped>
"The judge is not going for that motion to dismiss this particular suit but he did send a very strong signal that he is considering permanently putting it on the back burner until after the criminal case against Casey is over," WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said on the noon news.

Kealing quickly laid out the court battle: Anthony's defense calls it a frivolous lawsuit that she shouldn't have to fight while she's fighting for her life in the murder trial. Gonzalez's lawyers say their client shouldn't have to wait years for justice.

"Judge Jose Rodriguez says this a very difficult balancing act," Kealing said. Although Rodriguez hadn't ruled and said he would need to study the matter further, Kealing said the judge was sending a strong message that he would put off the civil matter.

WFTV-Channel 9's Mary Nguyen also reported that Rodriguez hadn't ruled in the matter and highlighted that Gonzalez's lawyers were asking that Casey Anthony be ordered to answer questions she had refused to answer

"The judge didn't rule on any of the motions he heard today, because he said he wanted to think about it," Nguyen said.

The defense asked the judge to move the defamation trial after the criminal case, and Rodriguez said he would make a ruling in two to four weeks, Nguyen said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-civilsuit-judge-hints-at-delay-wesh-says.html

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

Casey Anthony: Civil-suit judge hints at delay, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Sep 8, 2009 12:32:17 PM
<snipped>
"The judge is not going for that motion to dismiss this particular suit but he did send a very strong signal that he is considering permanently putting it on the back burner until after the criminal case against Casey is over," WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said on the noon news.

Kealing quickly laid out the court battle: Anthony's defense calls it a frivolous lawsuit that she shouldn't have to fight while she's fighting for her life in the murder trial. Gonzalez's lawyers say their client shouldn't have to wait years for justice.

"Judge Jose Rodriguez says this a very difficult balancing act," Kealing said. Although Rodriguez hadn't ruled and said he would need to study the matter further, Kealing said the judge was sending a strong message that he would put off the civil matter.

WFTV-Channel 9's Mary Nguyen also reported that Rodriguez hadn't ruled in the matter and highlighted that Gonzalez's lawyers were asking that Casey Anthony be ordered to answer questions she had refused to answer

"The judge didn't rule on any of the motions he heard today, because he said he wanted to think about it," Nguyen said.

The defense asked the judge to move the defamation trial after the criminal case, and Rodriguez said he would make a ruling in two to four weeks, Nguyen said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-civilsuit-judge-hints-at-delay-wesh-says.html

thanks trim...I decided instead of just coffee tomorrow morning, I will add some coconut rum to the coffee and perhaps I will be able to stomach another morning of not only Judge R but the A's and conman as well!!  UUGGHHHHHH

Rest in Peace Caylee

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: September 08, 2009, 02:41:42 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are in court Tuesday morning seeking to get a civil lawsuit dismissed or at least delayed.

Zenaida Gonzalez -- the woman who claims Casey ruined her reputation by saying someone with her name abducted Caylee Anthony -- is pursuing a civil defamation case. Anthony's attorneys want it dismissed, saying her attorneys can not show the alleged defamatory statement was directed at the Zenaida Gonzalez who has filed the lawsuit.

if they can't get it delayed, they want to have the judge delay it until after Anthony's criminal trial next year.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County jail charged with murder in the death of her daughter Caylee, who was 2 when she was reported missing in 2008.
Anthony's attorney Jonathan Kasen said the lawsuit is "frivolous" in his quest to have it dismissed. Als he said firm that filed the suit, Morgan and Morgan, "works off of publicity."

Keith Mitnik, an attorney for Gonzalez, said his client is only Zenaida Gonzalez that police interviewed. He also objects to delaying the case, because he said the criminal case could take years.
<snipped>

Might not want to start drinking until noon according to news13.........

snipped

At the second hearing, scheduled for 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, Gonzalez’s attorneys will ask the judge to force Casey’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, to answer more questions.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/8/caseys_lawyers_try_to_delay_zenaidas_lawsuit.html
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: September 08, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »

thanks trim...I decided instead of just coffee tomorrow morning, I will add some coconut rum to the coffee and perhaps I will be able to stomach another morning of not only Judge R but the A's and conman as well!!  UUGGHHHHHH

meeee toooo....ugggg this judge is not very good
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: September 08, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »

<snipped>

snipped

At the second hearing, scheduled for 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, Gonzalez’s attorneys will ask the judge to force Casey’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, to answer more questions.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/8/caseys_lawyers_try_to_delay_zenaidas_lawsuit.html

ahhhhhh thanks...it will be 4:15 my time....almost margarita time!!

Has anyone seen any of the documents that were supposed to be released last Friday?  We got the interviews but so far I have seen no documents?

Rest in Peace Caylee

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

<snipped>

snipped

Has anyone seen any of the documents that were supposed to be released last Friday?  We got the interviews but so far I have seen no documents?

I've seen nary a document....margaritas sound perfect
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

snipped

thanks N2.....

I keep going through notes I took during the interviews and I know I missed a lot...so I am going to go over them again...one thing, among the many, that jumped out at me was when Rob mentioned that Casey said: "they haven't even found the clothes she was wearing" 

That's so bizarre....as if she expected Caylee's clothes to be found...but not Caylee. It shows me that she knew that Caylee would decompose quickly in the environment and never expected her to be found. I keep in mind that she was a CSI nut!!

Also, does anyone remember Kronk saying he found a skull with duct tape on it? And reported it that way? 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »

snipped

thanks N2.....

I keep going through notes I took during the interviews and I know I missed a lot...so I am going to go over them again...one thing, among the many, that jumped out at me was when Rob mentioned that Casey said: "they haven't even found the clothes she was wearing" 

That's so bizarre....as if she expected Caylee's clothes to be found...but not Caylee. It shows me that she knew that Caylee would decompose quickly in the environment and never expected her to be found. I keep in mind that she was a CSI nut!!

Also, does anyone remember Kronk saying he found a skull with duct tape on it? And reported it that way? 

No, I don't think we knew anything about the duct tape until the remains were being recovered. I don't remember the 911 calls from him saying anything about duct tape. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.