March 29, 2024, 01:10:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun in Hoffa Saga found??  (Read 2588 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:35:27 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:48 AM »

Montrose man claims he hold the secret of Jimmy Hoffa's grave
by Bryn Mickle | The Flint Journal
Thursday August 27, 2009, 7:00 AM
HARTLAND TOWNSHIP, Michigan -- A Montrose man says he has the answer to one of the biggest crime mysteries in American history.

And he doesn't care if you believe him or not.  LOL

Ted L. Stall, 60, says he has firsthand knowledge that infamous union leader Jimmy Hoffa is buried under a red barn at U.S. 23 and Clyde Road in Livingston County's Hartland Township.

His coffin? A 55-gallon drum.

His burial plot? A 10-foot deep hole dug in the middle of the barn just a week after Hoffa was last seen outside the Machus Red Fox Restaurant in the Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Township on July 30, 1975.

The decades-long saga took a new twist this week when the author of the 1978 book "The Hoffa Wars" made headlines in Detroit with his revelation that Stall said he had watched Hoffa's burial in Hartland Township.

The author, Dan Moldea of Washington, D.C., however, believes that Stall is a liar who sent him on a "wild goose chase."

Now, in an interview with The Flint Journal, Stall is telling his side of the story.

Stall says Rolland McMaster, a former Teamsters official who died two years ago, detailed the story of Hoffa's execution and subsequent burials within a week at two farms just 15 miles apart.

Stall said he first met McMaster when he was in his 20s and sometimes drove McMaster to meetings, eventually gaining his confidence.

McMaster supposedly told Stall that Hoffa was shot to death in a car the day he disappeared and immediately buried at a Milford Township farm owned by McMaster -- the same farm the FBI notoriously searched in a failed attempt Hoffa's body three years ago.

But a week after the first burial in Milford Township, Stall claims Hoffa's body was moved to the farm at U.S. 23 and Clyde Road where Stall believes it is still buried.

Stall told the Journal he has firsthand knowledge of the alleged Hartland Township reburial but refused to say if he was there.

A backhoe rented in Saline dug a pit inside the barn and a large storage drum taken there in a van was dumped into the hole and covered with dirt just before dark, said Stall.

Stall said he didn't know for sure at the time who or what was in the drum.

"You listened... You didn't ask a lot of questions," said Stall.

But he knew something was going on when he heard McMaster say "That's the last time we're moving the mother (expletive)," Stall recalled.

A concrete floor was later poured in the barn, covering the spot where Hoffa was buried, Stall said.

Stall said he found out it was Hoffa in the drum about 10 years later when McMaster told him.

"He said, 'I'm going to give you a get out of jail free card,'" said Stall.

The FBI isn't talking, but it appears that Stall's story is part of new developments in the Hoffa story.

Moldea said Stall told him the alleged murder weapon, a .45-caliber pistol that belonged to McMaster, was turned over to the FBI after Stall told federal investigators about it a few months ago.

In his book, Moldea says McMaster owned the Milford Township farm where Hoffa was allegedly first taken and had ties to the Hartland Township farm at the center of the latest claims.

Moldea describes McMaster in his book as one of the Teamsters' senior organizers and an associate of high-level mob figures.

Stall, who says Moldea's book is "pretty accurate," described McMaster as tough-as-nails. McMaster, who had a glass eye, was known as "One-Eye" among his associates.

McMaster's former attorney, the Southfield-based Mayer Morganroth, dismisses Stall's story as fiction.

Morganroth said McMaster was in Indiana on union business the week that Hoffa disappeared and said the FBI has already searched the Hartland Township farm that Stall is talking about.

"They went to everything (McMaster) owned," said Morganroth.

Morganroth questioned why Stall's claims are now emerging and noted that McMaster's widow has accused Stall of fraud in a Livingston County criminal case. Stall declined to discuss any ongoing legal matters.

Morganroth also questions the veracity of the "new details" that have surfaced -- including the claims surrounding that .45-caliber pistol supposedly turned over to the FBI. One news report links it to the death of a man who was actually stabbed to death, not shot, Morganroth said.

An FBI spokeswoman declined comment on the Hoffa case, including whether or not there are plans to search the Hartland Township farm.

A man who identified himself as the caretaker for the Hartland Township farm said the owner, Stan Barr, doesn't speak with the media on the subject.

Hartland Township Manager James Wickman said he is aware of ties between the farm and players in the Hoffa saga but is taking a wait-and-see approach.

"Maybe this will be another of the umpteen rabbit trails this story has taken," said Wickman.

State police Lt. Gene Kapp, commander of the Brighton state police post, said he isn't aware of any plans to start digging.

Kapp said his agency will turn any information on the matter over to federal officials.

Three years ago, the FBI spent two weeks digging up the Milford Township farm where Stall claims Hoffa was first buried but nothing was found.

Stall said he had lined up a backhoe to dig for Hoffa and was planning to sneak onto the Hartland Township farm last week but changed his mind after he said Moldea reneged on a promise to pay a $5,400 debt Stall owed after pleading no contest in a bad check case in Genesee County.

Moldea said there was never any deal to pay any of Stall's debts and that he walked away from the search last week after he decided Stall couldn't be trusted.

"I was tired of his lies," said Moldea, who has been chasing the Hoffa mystery for more than three decades.

He said he thought the answer might be in Michigan after he heard from sources that Stall had given information to the federal government on Hoffa's death.

Stall said a lawyer told him to take his information on Hoffa to the Department of Justice several months ago after he found himself in a "legal entanglement."

The breathtaking details in Stall's story make it so intriguing but "the detail is the mark of the con," said Moldea.

Stall's attorney, Jay Clothier, scoffed at the notion that Stall shouldn't be believed because of his criminal record.

"Why would a self-described expert on Hoffa come all the way here if there was nothing to it?" said Clothier, who represents Stall on a Genesee County bad check case involving a $5,400 check out of St. Johns.

Clothier said he and Stall never tried to use the Hoffa information to get a deal for Stall on the Genesee County check fraud case.

Genesee County Prosecutor David S. Leyton this week called Stall a "serial flim-flam artist."

Although Moldea denies there was deal to pay the restitution order as a down payment on the Hoffa information, the author said he and Stall did discuss the possibility of making money off a book if Hoffa's body was found.

"The sky's the limit on it," said Moldea.

Stall makes no bones about his criminal record that includes stints in prison and convictions for check fraud, forgery, larceny and embezzlement.

But Stall said that doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth about Hoffa.

"Go look under the barn," he said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/08/montrose_man_claims_he_hold_th.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.