March 19, 2024, 01:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575744 times)
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1000 on: October 02, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

Ricky Self, RSO, lives in Skagit County.  That is approximately 3 hours from McCleary.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1001 on: October 02, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »

Here's another KK post:

I don't know if he ever actually went to juvie. All I know for sure is he gets picked on a lot (my kids have participated verbally and been in trouble for this as well) by kids trying to get a reaction - spitting, name calling etc. - To my knowledge that is where most of his trouble has been with little fights amongst kids and complaints from them or their parents.

I would love to hear the parents complaints!

Your son got mad at my son when he spit on him!!!
Or
Your son pushed my son when my son spit and called him names!

How dare Josh not just sit and take it!
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1002 on: October 02, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »

I guess I'll just say it then. 

I do believe you DD, I believe in your research, in your findings.  And I trust what you say, even the things you know about that you cannot say.  I just want to say that first, cuz I don't want you thinking I am questioning you, or directing this at you in any way.  I've worked with you in the Cantu case, and admire/respect you greatly.  Setting your research aside for a minute, I'm gonna speak to what we've read from what's been reported in the news, from locals, friends, and so-called friends (from earlier on in the case). 

I do have questions, from time to time, about this case.  I like to take what's been reported in the media and dig into it, looking at it from any angle.  But have been sitting on my hands and not posting very many of my questions, not like I would and have in other cases.   As some in here know, I've leaped right in with everyone, researched and questioned alongside locals and non-locals alike. 

Just seems in this case, for whatever reason, there are feathers that get ruffled.  My intent (and those of other monkeys am sure), is not to hurt the family, friends and/or locals.  My intent is to dig for the truth.  And yet.. seems when we do 'question' something we've read about, someone somewhere in this case gets hurt feelings.  Again, that's not the intention.  It's really really hard to dig in a case, question things when they don't make sense or don't add up, without hurting someone in the process.  If I question something about a family member, for example, I'm not trying to sit in judgement on that person, I'm trying to more fully understand the situation.  And etc. 

So I've sat back, a lot.  And it's frustrating.  Just as much as it must be for others.  Am not directing this to any one person involved in this case!  Am just saying how frustrating it is for me, this case.... The ever-changing info.  Truths?  How do we know when it doesn't make sense and we cannot dig in and ask questions about it without hurting someone?  Or have our intentions taken wrongly? 

I dunno.. Just wanted to share that.  Cuz I want what we all want.. Lindsey home with her family and justice brought for her and whatever may have happened. 

Thanks for expressing this Wyks and for yours and others work and passion to find Lindsey.  I feel the same way you do, sometimes it's like walking on eggshells.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1003 on: October 02, 2009, 12:07:06 AM »

Was over in the 'backward speech' site, reading/listening to other cases, and the findings.  Would love to see that done for anyone in this case.  Who all in this case has been interviewed on video/tv, anyone know? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1004 on: October 02, 2009, 12:09:12 AM »

whats backward speech?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1005 on: October 02, 2009, 12:12:40 AM »

I am not sure what this will bring up but this is an interesting page I found. It talks about a few different things.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870820#msg870820

Thanks, TG!  It's crazy reading thru all that, and realizing we are still wondering.. what is fact?  what is rumor?  sigh...

By the way.. love those blinking eyes of your lil monkey!  too cute!!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1006 on: October 02, 2009, 12:14:36 AM »

Thanks for expressing this Wyks and for yours and others work and passion to find Lindsey.  I feel the same way you do, sometimes it's like walking on eggshells.

You're welcome, Madre, and thank you!  Yep, that's how it feels alright, eggshells. 

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1007 on: October 02, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »

I want to thank everyone who piped in with comments on my thought a 13 yr old would have a hard time disposing of a body by himself.  The possibility family could step in to protect him with assistance is there, as we all know from studying crime, stranger things have happened!

I have probably been the one having the most doubts about KK and her changing stories.  They did change and she even apologized for it.  That always sends up red flags, and the reason I got a niggling feeling was, you know her daughter had to tell her everything she knew.  IMO  Then learning her daughter watched Lindsey walk out of sight, so to speak, till the tree foliage hid her from view, I thought how odd, and why would she stand there and watch her like that?  ???  ???

I swore I would not post anything about the dreadful cut as I could not fathom it had anything to do with Lindsey's disappearance.

Maybe we have been on the wrong track all along.  We have thought about strangers like the many SO's in the area {profilers say no, it is someone who she knew} and now hear from LE the POI is a local young man {who IMO might well have known her due to location, location}.  Her family or the family of someone in her close circle of friends, yes, it could be possible.

Maybe we don't want that to be true and so skirt the possibility.  I think we need more info to go further with that since it is a touchy matter.  Anything is possible and like we have heard, no one at this point that lives in the McCleary area is beyond suspicion.  Two have passed LDT's but even that does not always mean it is the fact.

xox  {sorry this got so long}

DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1008 on: October 02, 2009, 12:20:55 AM »

Can some kind monkey please show me where it was originally stated that the photo was of KaraK's son's arm?  These are the only two posts I see of hers regarding the injury and it doesn't say either way.

Heck no! I couldn't of handled that. He went with family (Grandma, Grandpa, aunts etc) to a cabin for fourth of July and slept walked over the railing of the loft - knocked down a picture frame on his way down and then landed on it. They drove him home to me and we took him to the local hospital - looked gory but it was apparently not deep but filleted **gross**. Ended up with 18 stitches and not allowed to ever sleep in the loft again.

I know it looks like a crappy job but I was pleased considering how much the skin had retracted since it was just the top layer of skin. I remember the doctor saying it wouldn't look great but followed up with a "But that is what happens with these types of cuts because its like trying to sew toilet paper."
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1009 on: October 02, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »

Comment from Karak re the stitching job....

"I know it looks like a crappy job but I was pleased considering how much the skin had retracted since it was just the top layer of skin. I remember the doctor saying it wouldn't look great but followed up with a "But that is what happens with these types of cuts because its like trying to sew toilet paper."

skin retracted? This was posted by Kara on the 8th, the original post says he spend 4th of July there and when it happened they drove him home..How long does it take for skin to retract? like hours? I would think a few days, no?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1010 on: October 02, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

whats backward speech?

There are more technical terms for it.  Basically, speech reversal.  Here's one site that explains it all, and a little snippet I've taken from part of his definition of it:

"It can be said that Reverse Speech is the ultimate truth detector. Speech reversals will add to information left out in forward speech, and negate forward speech with the truth if a lie is told. A speech reversal can occur even if someone is talking about one subject, but thinking of another. "

I've been over there reading his findings on the players in the Haleigh case.  Wishing he could/would do some stuff in this case.  Might be an eye-opener, for sure. 

If you want to read and hear some of his work, just click on 'examples'. 

http://www.backwardstate.com/index.html

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1011 on: October 02, 2009, 12:23:54 AM »

This is the quote from KaraK that I remember....

Mamma is that not a beauty ... HOLY CRAP ..that HURT

yep ..whats up with the stitch up job...i want the name of that doctor

I know it looks like a crappy job but I was pleased considering how much the skin had retracted since it was just the top layer of skin. I remember the doctor saying it wouldn't look great but followed up with a "But that is what happens with these types of cuts because its like trying to sew toilet paper." 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1012 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:20 AM »

I believe it said it on the myspace..He posted a pic and made a comment
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1013 on: October 02, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »

I am not sure what this will bring up but this is an interesting page I found. It talks about a few different things.

Thanks, TG!  It's crazy reading thru all that, and realizing we are still wondering.. what is fact?  what is rumor?  sigh...

CBB said she made the eyes blink because little monkey girl is flying, she didn't want her to have dry eyes! So cute! I love her so much, honestly it I have this strange attachment to her, lol. Thank you for finding her for me!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »

Here's another KK post:

I don't know if he ever actually went to juvie. All I know for sure is he gets picked on a lot (my kids have participated verbally and been in trouble for this as well) by kids trying to get a reaction - spitting, name calling etc. - To my knowledge that is where most of his trouble has been with little fights amongst kids and complaints from them or their parents.

Unfortunately ... children who possess social disorders are often the target of ongoing ridicule by their peers and ...

Janet

++++++ 

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1809 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:45 AM »

... Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up. Really sad that kids do that sort of thing but it happened back when I was little to so I guess its not a new thing but I believe it is far more common now days - still not at all acceptable or called for.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871164;topicseen#msg871164

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...
http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1015 on: October 02, 2009, 12:32:46 AM »

Oh for goodness sakes, here is a link to most of KK's posts that Bearlyhere made in the KK thread, duh on me!!! 
colors
Thank you Bearlyhere wherever you are!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=6810;sa=showPosts

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1016 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »

CBB said she made the eyes blink because little monkey girl is flying, she didn't want her to have dry eyes! So cute! I love her so much, honestly it I have this strange attachment to her, lol. Thank you for finding her for me!

Awwwww how sweet is that!  Yep, CBB does awesome work, and watches out for our monks!  lol 

And ya welcome, my pleasure.  Love watching the different changes in her. 

DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1017 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »

I seldom post and so I know that people on this board don't know me at all but I feel compelled to voice my opinion.   

I just reread all of KaraK's posts.   And I don't see anything hinky.  In fact, she was very articulate and open to everyone looking into her and her background.  I got the sense that she felt awful and guilty for sending Lindsey home and wanted to something, anything to help.   I'm not trying to imply that she shouldn't be looked into further but before the cut thing gets out of hand...why not reread her posts?  Or maybe many of you will still think she is hinky and for some reason I just relate to the way she writes.  I don't know.

I'm not another person trying to redirect or spread rumors.  I live on the East coast and don't know any of these people.  I started reading here when Caylee went missing.  So it may seem odd that I come out of the rafters to defend KaraK but I guess I am really puzzled to why people find her so odd.  When I read her posts, they make sense to me. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: October 02, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »

<snipped>

KaraK
« Reply #1758 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:57 AM »

Heck no! I couldn't of handled that. He went with family (Grandma, Grandpa, aunts etc) to a cabin for fourth of July and slept walked over the railing of the loft - knocked down a picture frame on his way down and then landed on it. They drove him home to me and we took him to the local hospital - looked gory but it was apparently not deep but filleted **gross**. Ended up with 18 stitches and not allowed to ever sleep in the loft again.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870836;topicseen#msg870836

KaraK
« Reply #1794 on: July 09, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871041;topicseen#msg871041

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: October 02, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »

Hi,
Does anyone know if Scott Williams, (KK's boyfriend) is the father of any of KK's kids? I know he passed a LDT early on, but LOTS of people can pass LDT's and that is why they are not admissable in court. We really do not know too much about him, do we? I find the whole thing odd with KK's son's wound. As Tracygirl pointed out, it could be many different things. What is making me feel ill is that this poor kid must have had to sit there while someone did an "at home stitch job". How painful would that be? If the family did not have the finances for this, I am sure that they would have qualified for a government health care program.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.