March 19, 2024, 01:41:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575746 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »

Police have yet to find big break in case
By Steven Friederich
The Daily World
Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Snip:
Pimentel noted that although the search warrants are getting a lot of attention, the Sheriff’s Office has “served dozens of search warrants” during the course of the three-month investigation.

http://**/articles/2009/09/27/local_news/doc4abf03c936aa2261426446.txt

OK, so where were these served?  Shouldn't they be public?  Why don't we know about them?

same article says LE is going to "refocus."
don't know the answer to your question Madre about the past search warrants.  May be covered under the Freedom of Information Act, if so, a formal request would have to be made to make them public.  News agencies typically do that, if they want.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

madibabe
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

I have a friend that lives in Mccleary with a daughter thats the same age as Lindsey. They played to gether a few times but was later grounded from playing with lindsey due to the lack of perental supervision and her being out past dark ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg874684;topicseen#msg874684

But wouldn't the fact that JB was sent to walk with Lindsey if the girls didn't walk back together sort of counter this claim? It seems to me that there was some kind of care for Lindsey to be out by herself walking because JB was sent with them.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2009, 03:50:05 PM »

No new clues after weekend search warrants
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Monday, September 28, 2009 11:15 AM PDT

Investigators “didn’t find anything we’re excited about”

http://**/articles/2009/09/28/local_news/doc4ac0faeeaacf8870968264.txt

What a strange comment!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »

I keep reading about Michelle bart, who is this person who has such a bad rap on here? Why is she trouble? I don't get it, can you explain?

Just say "Anthony's!" Let me count the ways! 

Sorry, that was a sarcastic answer on my part if you really don't know about Michelle Bart's history with the Anthony's of the Caylee Marie Anthony murder. I have as much distain for her as I do most of the other Anthony lovers. I apologize again. 

Ms. Bart has inserted herself in the Amber Dubois case and has caused a wedge in the family. She is a real piece of work.

But who is she? Is she a PI or something?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »

madibabe
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

I have a friend that lives in Mccleary with a daughter thats the same age as Lindsey. They played to gether a few times but was later grounded from playing with lindsey due to the lack of perental supervision and her being out past dark ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg874684;topicseen#msg874684

I remember reading that. We talk about the fact that a girl of that age, 10 shouldn't walk home alone, but Josh who is 12 someone could grab him off the street as well. So really was Josh safe walking alone at that time? I really believe and I'm sorry, but both children didn't seem to have much supervision, if I'm wrong, sorry, but I don't believe I am. It isn't going to change things either way though.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »

Police have yet to find big break in case
By Steven Friederich
The Daily World
Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Snip:
Pimentel noted that although the search warrants are getting a lot of attention, the Sheriff’s Office has “served dozens of search warrants” during the course of the three-month investigation.

http://**/articles/2009/09/27/local_news/doc4abf03c936aa2261426446.txt

OK, so where were these served?  Shouldn't they be public?  Why don't we know about them?

Sorry to post on my post, but come to think of it, why were this weekend's SW the only ones publicized?  Who alerted the media?
Good question    Wow, dozens of search warrants, interesting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »

No new clues after weekend search warrants
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Monday, September 28, 2009 11:15 AM PDT

Investigators “didn’t find anything we’re excited about”

http://**/articles/2009/09/28/local_news/doc4ac0faeeaacf8870968264.txt

What a strange comment!!
I was sitting here thinking the same thing 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2009, 04:10:54 PM »

Monkeys ... I will be checking in but ... for the most part I will not be on the Lindsey Baum forum for a few days.  I am working with someone on a Natalee Holloway project and ... my undivided attention is required.

My prayer is that answers will be forthcoming regarding the disappearance of this little girl and ... the justice process can begin.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »

I just asked my husband, the worlds most paranoid man, this question.

Honey would you allow your daughter to walk at dusk from xxxx (the street just around the corner) to our house with XXX, my 12 year old son? He said, maybe if I knew they were together. ( I then plunked him on his head and reminded him the answer would be no!) Then I asked, if a friend of xxxx came over would it be ok to send her on her way, at dusk alone? He said, Hell no! As much as we want to blame MB the fact is Lindsey was not suppose to walk home alone, there was a plan in place. I still ask the question, if there was a plan in place for one, what was the plan for the other? Was MB expecting, lets say, kayla and her brother to walk Lindsey home because Josh was not with her? So maybe the answer to the question, why didn't MB worry about Lindsey after Josh returned home is, there was a plan that has been used prior she was relying on? Just thinking out loud.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

I keep reading about Michelle bart, who is this person who has such a bad rap on here? Why is she trouble? I don't get it, can you explain?

Just say "Anthony's!" Let me count the ways! 

Sorry, that was a sarcastic answer on my part if you really don't know about Michelle Bart's history with the Anthony's of the Caylee Marie Anthony murder. I have as much distain for her as I do most of the other Anthony lovers. I apologize again. 

Ms. Bart has inserted herself in the Amber Dubois case and has caused a wedge in the family. She is a real piece of work.

But who is she? Is she a PI or something?

She is a "Public Relations" person. She charges a contract amount for her services as well as her expenses.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »

i think these other search warrants need to be made public!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »

What is her service? A paid spokes person? Does she monitor the information coming in and going out? So why is she not holding press conferences? Who else besides MB does she communicate with?

Too bad about Ambers family, they all seemed together the last time I looked in. I pray and worry for that girl everyday.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »

my humble opinion is that 10:00 PM is too late for children of that age group to be out wandering around, walking to each other's home etc...whether alone or with a group....too young!!! jmo...and if a child was at my house at that time of night or near that time of night, I would have taken her home myself or called her mom to come and get her...everyone is different, not trying to pass judgment, but I know what I would have done...If I would have sent her along alone, (which I would not have done.)I would have at least called to make sure that mom knew that she was walking home and for her to call me when she got home...
I understand your feeling about children out at 10:00.  But is was still very light out.  People from Calif usually remark about how green everything is and how late it stays light out.  I was walking on the outskirts of McCleary Saturday afternoon and heard gunshots.  Probably kids shooting cans.  No big deal.  If that happened around my home, I would think someone was being shot.  So I try to get in the locals mindset and not get hung up on my belief.  One lady was washing her car and I remarked how quiet it was.  Her remark: Yes, I love it.  Kinda says it all.  shortcake

oh,,ok then...so you think that children that are 10 yrs old are ok to be out at 10PM at night by themselves?
I have been to California, used to live there....so you are saying that it is not dark at 10 pm?
never the less, I still think that children of that age need to be inside at 10PM...call me old fashioned or crazy...
if I heard gun shots anywhere I would be alarmed...but hey, we all look at things differently..hence the role that a forum plays in some ways...everyone has an opinion which is good! would be boring if we all thought alike..Smile

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »

Monkeys ... I will be checking in but ... for the most part I will not be on the Lindsey Baum forum for a few days.  I am working with someone on a Natalee Holloway project and ... my undivided attention is required.

My prayer is that answers will be forthcoming regarding the disappearance of this little girl and ... the justice process can begin.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Will be waiting for you to return, hope your project is successful  an angelic monkey
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »

On PAGE 93, shortcake wrote:

shortcake
Scared Monkey

Re: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 -
« Reply #1843 on: September 27, 2009, 10:25:52 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: JessStar on September 27, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
People, you are reading WAY too much into the search warrant. Yes, they have the ability to tell you to leave. In fact, that's pretty standard procedure, especially when the property is so large. The reason is to secure the site in case anything is there. Taking stuff that might lead to clues, or stuff that is reaonably likely to lead to evidence, is routine in a case full of unsolved mysteries. It may or may not be evidence, but it fits the evidentiary profile. The standard for securing a search warrant isn't probable cause that the custodian of the property committed a crime. It's reasonable probability thay evidence exists there for whatever reason. It could have been deposited there by the perp without knowledge of the owner, for example. So you can't indict these people just because a search warrant was issued.

For those who would just open their doors to law enforcement in a case like this, I hope you would think long and hard about that if you're ever put in that position. There's a reason for a constitutional right against unreasonable searches and seizures. There are such things as dirty cops and overzealous prosecutors looking to raise their conviction rates. Law enforcement are people too, and just because they are law enforcement doesn't mean that they're always there to protect and serve.

Finally, these people were astute in getting an attorney. If someone was targeting your property in a missing child case, I'd hope you'd do the same. Because I doubt anyone on this board knows all of their rights. I've been practicing law for 15 years, I know what I'm talking about.

Ok, let the nanners fly. But that's okay because I think most people on this board aren't naïve enough to open their doors to unbridled searches by law enforcement in a case like this where LE is under a great amount of stress and pressure to solve it.

Good point Jess.  Being an attorney, I bet you thought OJ should have retained one of you at the getgo because you never know when someone might plant a glove.  Hmmmmm.  Just a thought, but I do respect your point of view.  shortcake

I was struggling with whether I wanted to respond to this or not and, well, I decided I probably should.  Why? Because I don't know how to take it.  I'm not sure what the phrase "one of you" means.  Is it meant to place the legal profession and ALL the lawyers that populate it in a negative light?  Is it meant to place ME in a negative light?  I'm not sure.  If it was, no offense, but it exhibits a level of ignorance that surpasses anything I've ever seen.  Just ask the guy from Texas who just spent the last 26 years of his life in prison because he was wrongfully convicted by an overzealous prosecutor that hid exculpatory evidence.  Or ask all of those who were wrongfully convicted by testimony offered by the disgraced Fred Zain.  http://www.truthinjustice.org/expertslie.htm   Or ask Bernard Baran who was wrongfully convicted of child molestation because the prosecution edited out exculpatory portions of the video tapes that were used to indict and convict him.   http://www.cfcamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=986:man-served-22-years-on-false-child-molestation-charges-yet-the-prosecutor-who-convicted-him-isnt-even-inconvenienced&catid=14:governmental-corruption&Itemid=11

I can tell you, I never have, and I never will defend a "blue collar" criminal case.  And if I'm ever court appointed and forced to defend a case involving a crime upon a child, I will turn in my law license.  I swear to that, right hand to God.

I don't know whether the references to OJ were intended as pot shots or not.  I think they were.  But I hope everyone realizes that the OJ trial wasn't lost because of the ridiculous argument that the glove was planted.  The OJ case was lost because the seasoned F. Lee Bailey was able to get under "still wet behind the ears" Christopher Darden's skin and bait him into making a fatal mistake--asking OJ to try on the glove.  Let me tell you something--that glove woudn't have fit if it had been custom made to OJ's exacting specifications.  Remember, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!"  That little stunt gave OJ the opportunity to testify without actually testifying.  Brilliant, huh?  I guess it wasn't Darden's mistake that gave the defense the ammo it needed.  It was the baiting by "one of those" attorney types.

Anyway, I digress.  I'm not really offering my opinion on the topic.  I'm offering fact--there are bad cops, there are overzealous prosecutors and there are bad judges.  People can accept or reject what I said, I really don't care because, quite frankly, you're all adults and can do as you wish.  But I can recall post after post after post where individuals in this very cage suspected that local law enforcement may somehow be culpable in Lindsey's disappearance. Some have recently suggested that the mayor may know something and that LE may be covering for him.  Are those the same law enforcement officers that you would open your doors to for an unbridled search just because they asked?  Are those the same law enforcement officers that you would be 100% certain wouldn't be incentivized to try to frame you?  As you telling me that you would open your doors to a search just because someone happened to knock on your door dressed in a police uniform wearing a badge he or she might have purchased from one of those online spy sites and asked to search your home?  What about the dufus that recently dressed as a CPS officer, arrived at a womans home and presented her with an order to turn over her two young children to him?  He turned out to be a child predator masquerading as a CPS officer.  The order was bogus!  Thank God the woman was astute enough to question it.  So the issue isn't whether you have anything to hide.  The question is "What if they find something?"  There's a not-so-subtle difference there.

So if an officer ever knocks on your door asking to search your residence, and you willingly let him/her in because you have nothing to hide, and much to your amazement, they find something, let me guess who you'll be making one of your first calls to--"one of us."

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »

my humble opinion is that 10:00 PM is too late for children of that age group to be out wandering around, walking to each other's home etc...whether alone or with a group....too young!!! jmo...and if a child was at my house at that time of night or near that time of night, I would have taken her home myself or called her mom to come and get her...everyone is different, not trying to pass judgment, but I know what I would have done...If I would have sent her along alone, (which I would not have done.)I would have at least called to make sure that mom knew that she was walking home and for her to call me when she got home...
I understand your feeling about children out at 10:00.  But is was still very light out.  People from Calif usually remark about how green everything is and how late it stays light out.  I was walking on the outskirts of McCleary Saturday afternoon and heard gunshots.  Probably kids shooting cans.  No big deal.  If that happened around my home, I would think someone was being shot.  So I try to get in the locals mindset and not get hung up on my belief.  One lady was washing her car and I remarked how quiet it was.  Her remark: Yes, I love it.  Kinda says it all.  shortcake

oh,,ok then...so you think that children that are 10 yrs old are ok to be out at 10PM at night by themselves?
I have been to California, used to live there....so you are saying that it is not dark at 10 pm?
never the less, I still think that children of that age need to be inside at 10PM...call me old fashioned or crazy...
if I heard gun shots anywhere I would be alarmed...but hey, we all look at things differently..hence the role that a forum plays in some ways...everyone has an opinion which is good! would be boring if we all thought alike..Smile
I live in California, no way is it light at 10pm. I don't know I just know my rules would be for curfew earlier then 10pm for Lindsey and Josh, for goodness sake just because Josh is a boy, doesn't mean he can't be kidnapped. I guess everyone has there own rules. Gun shots, I would be freaked at gun shots, whether day or night 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »

JessStar....mucho respect to you! great great post! imo of course....^^^^^^^^
I am glad that we have a professional like yourself on this forum to bounce things off of...we are lucky to have you!!!

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »

On PAGE 93, shortcake wrote:

shortcake
Scared Monkey

Re: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 -
« Reply #1843 on: September 27, 2009, 10:25:52 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: JessStar on September 27, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
People, you are reading WAY too much into the search warrant. Yes, they have the ability to tell you to leave. In fact, that's pretty standard procedure, especially when the property is so large. The reason is to secure the site in case anything is there. Taking stuff that might lead to clues, or stuff that is reaonably likely to lead to evidence, is routine in a case full of unsolved mysteries. It may or may not be evidence, but it fits the evidentiary profile. The standard for securing a search warrant isn't probable cause that the custodian of the property committed a crime. It's reasonable probability thay evidence exists there for whatever reason. It could have been deposited there by the perp without knowledge of the owner, for example. So you can't indict these people just because a search warrant was issued.

For those who would just open their doors to law enforcement in a case like this, I hope you would think long and hard about that if you're ever put in that position. There's a reason for a constitutional right against unreasonable searches and seizures. There are such things as dirty cops and overzealous prosecutors looking to raise their conviction rates. Law enforcement are people too, and just because they are law enforcement doesn't mean that they're always there to protect and serve.

Finally, these people were astute in getting an attorney. If someone was targeting your property in a missing child case, I'd hope you'd do the same. Because I doubt anyone on this board knows all of their rights. I've been practicing law for 15 years, I know what I'm talking about.

Ok, let the nanners fly. But that's okay because I think most people on this board aren't naïve enough to open their doors to unbridled searches by law enforcement in a case like this where LE is under a great amount of stress and pressure to solve it.

Good point Jess.  Being an attorney, I bet you thought OJ should have retained one of you at the getgo because you never know when someone might plant a glove.  Hmmmmm.  Just a thought, but I do respect your point of view.  shortcake

I was struggling with whether I wanted to respond to this or not and, well, I decided I probably should.  Why? Because I don't know how to take it.  I'm not sure what the phrase "one of you" means.  Is it meant to place the legal profession and ALL the lawyers that populate it in a negative light?  Is it meant to place ME in a negative light?  I'm not sure.  If it was, no offense, but it exhibits a level of ignorance that surpasses anything I've ever seen.  Just ask the guy from Texas who just spent the last 26 years of his life in prison because he was wrongfully convicted by an overzealous prosecutor that hid exculpatory evidence.  Or ask all of those who were wrongfully convicted by testimony offered by the disgraced Fred Zain.  http://www.truthinjustice.org/expertslie.htm   Or ask Bernard Baran who was wrongfully convicted of child molestation because the prosecution edited out exculpatory portions of the video tapes that were used to indict and convict him.   http://www.cfcamerica.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=986:man-served-22-years-on-false-child-molestation-charges-yet-the-prosecutor-who-convicted-him-isnt-even-inconvenienced&catid=14:governmental-corruption&Itemid=11

I can tell you, I never have, and I never will defend a "blue collar" criminal case.  And if I'm ever court appointed and forced to defend a case involving a crime upon a child, I will turn in my law license.  I swear to that, right hand to God.

I don't know whether the references to OJ were intended as pot shots or not.  I think they were.  But I hope everyone realizes that the OJ trial wasn't lost because of the ridiculous argument that the glove was planted.  The OJ case was lost because the seasoned F. Lee Bailey was able to get under "still wet behind the ears" Christopher Darden's skin and bait him into making a fatal mistake--asking OJ to try on the glove.  Let me tell you something--that glove woudn't have fit if it had been custom made to OJ's exacting specifications.  Remember, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!"  That little stunt gave OJ the opportunity to testify without actually testifying.  Brilliant, huh?  I guess it wasn't Darden's mistake that gave the defense the ammo it needed.  It was the baiting by "one of those" attorney types.

Anyway, I digress.  I'm not really offering my opinion on the topic.  I'm offering fact--there are bad cops, there are overzealous prosecutors and there are bad judges.  People can accept or reject what I said, I really don't care because, quite frankly, you're all adults and can do as you wish.  But I can recall post after post after post where individuals in this very cage suspected that local law enforcement may somehow be culpable in Lindsey's disappearance. Some have recently suggested that the mayor may know something and that LE may be covering for him.  Are those the same law enforcement officers that you would open your doors to for an unbridled search just because they asked?  Are those the same law enforcement officers that you would be 100% certain wouldn't be incentivized to try to frame you?  As you telling me that you would open your doors to a search just because someone happened to knock on your door dressed in a police uniform wearing a badge he or she might have purchased from one of those online spy sites and asked to search your home?  What about the dufus that recently dressed as a CPS officer, arrived at a womans home and presented her with an order to turn over her two young children to him?  He turned out to be a child predator masquerading as a CPS officer.  The order was bogus!  Thank God the woman was astute enough to question it.  So the issue isn't whether you have anything to hide.  The question is "What if they find something?"  There's a not-so-subtle difference there.

So if an officer ever knocks on your door asking to search your residence, and you willingly let him/her in because you have nothing to hide, and much to your amazement, they find something, let me guess who you'll be making one of your first calls to--"one of us."

Great post JessStar...I very much respect your integrity and knowledge.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »

JessStar....mucho respect to you! great great post! imo of course....^^^^^^^^
I am glad that we have a professional like yourself on this forum to bounce things off of...we are lucky to have you!!!
I agree 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

I live in California, no way is it light at 10pm. I don't know I just know my rules would be for curfew earlier then 10pm for Lindsey and Josh, for goodness sake just because Josh is a boy, doesn't mean he can't be kidnapped. I guess everyone has there own rules. Gun shots, I would be freaked at gun shots, whether day or night 

ITA!!! wow! thought that I was really being over protective with the grand daughters...none of the kids in my neighborhood or grand daughters neighborhood at that age are allowed outside  at that time unless their parents  are outside as well..such as a neighborhood bonfire ....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.