March 18, 2024, 08:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575682 times)
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1720 on: October 03, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

Hello everybody.  I am back after reading some past posts since this LE search took place.  I now have a lot more questions, than answers.

1.  Was RSO Jessy D Braun ever researched?

2.  Was his place the second place that was served a SW?

2.  His address is listed as 100 block of Heslep Lane.  Is this right off
Foreman Road as someone reported?

3.  Did Jessy and Dale pal around together at all.

4.  Why was he not outed if he lives so close to town and is in the SO database?

5.  Does he look very young for his age as someone posted?

6.  Does he have some mental disabilities?

Now can anybody help with any above questions?  I am going back to the posted reasons why the LE gave for the search and see if any this can fill in the holes.  shortcake
I know we discussed Jessy Braun, he is a minor and a SO, and I wondered if he was around when Lindsey disappeared, because he looks so young and she may not have hesitated to accept a ride from him. That would be something to find out if Jessy and Dale are friends. To me Jessy looks very young, and mental disabilities that I don't know.

Thanks NRCG, that helps.  If Dale and Jessy are neighbors, they may have a garden next to each other.  I know that is a streach, but it could fill in some holes.  Also I believe it was determined he was an adult, but he just looked very young.  shortcake
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1721 on: October 03, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »

Wyks~Like I stated earlier I mainly only read here because it's too confusing, but maybe you or someone else could help me with a question. Is Kona related to LB, or anyone in this investigation other than her son? Or is she just a local that wants to  find Lindsey. I guess I'm just curious as to why she just started posting last month.......well, curious about many things but this one in particular

IM - From what I understand, Kona came into SM as a local poster, who just wanted to do what the majority of us try to do, help in whatever way we can.  I don't think she's related in anyway to anyone else (except her son), in this investigation.  Seems she got caught up in the weirdness when she and/or her actions were questioned by another local poster over yonder, and then others, and then it snowballed from there.  Evidently in the meanwhile, as bad luck would have it, back in July LE already had their eye on her son and his activities.  Am not certain if she was even aware of that when she began posting online (here and over yonder, dunno where else if any) and volunteering her time etc. 

That's my take on it, anyway, and I could be wrong in some of the particulars.  This has become a huge mess!   

I see, although I thought LE had contacted her to speak to her son on the 29th and she told them he was asleep, so it seems as she would at least have some knowledge that they were wanting to ask him questions, then this is really disturbing from the SW:

Investigators determined that the number he was calling and texting belonged to a Stephanie Calica, who resides in Ellenburg, WA. She was contacted and interviewed. They determined that Stephanie Calica knew Golder when she went to Elma High School. She moved to Michigan in 2002. She maintained contact with people in Elma including Dale via the internet. She said she moved back to Washington State at the end of May 2009 and let people know she had moved. She said that on 06-26-09 she decided to give Golder her telephone number. She said that they began to text and talk that day. She was asked why the contact stopped at 9:30pm. She said that it stopped because Golder went to work at 10:00pm. When asked she admitted that after that day she had lengthy conversations with Golder while he was at work at the retirement center. She said that Golder had talked to her the day after the girl was reported missing and that he was very concerned about something like this happening in his town. She said that when she spoke to him the day after this was reported (she believed it was Saturday or early Sunday 29/07-2009) Golder told her he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered. It should be noted that the media and investigators did not believe Baum was the victim of a crime until the week following her disappearance (June 29 to July 3-4, 2009). It was initially believed she might be a run-away or had been injured and unable to get help. Stephani described Golder as being “over the top” and obsessively talking about Baum and what had happened to her; specifically that he believed she has been kidnapped and murdered. Stephanie said that he became less obsessed as July wore on. He then got very agitated about it again when he talked to the investigator about the case the end of July. Steph said that Dale was very upset that the investigators were talking to people about him and was obsessing about the girl. Detective Organ asked Stephanie when was the last time she actually saw Golder and she said it was the summer of 2002. She later told detectives that Golder had driven to Ellensburg on 07-16-09 and that she had to take him back to Elma because his car broke down. She said she stayed with him in MCCleary until 07-20-09

Just odd timing IMO......who knows anymore, all these cases and so much misdirection. Could be nothing, but...............maybe it is something

Hmmmm.. I see what you are saying, IM!!!!!!!!!       

I may have had some dots connected, but surely not these.  I just looked and found that Kona joined SM on Sept 1st!  I thought it was much earlier, for some reason.  And am not sure when she joined over yonder. 

But the very fact alone that her son was questioned on July 29th, a good month earlier than when she joined here, Kona was indeed aware of that... and didn't mention it to us, and apparently without mentioning it to others either...   

It does make me question Kona's motives/intentions for placing herself into the position of 'helping' with any part of the same investigation that she *knew* her son had already been questioned by LE about.  I had been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but not now, unfortunately.  This is all, IMO, just too freakin weird. 

Another thought.. LE questioned DG on July 29th.  I was wondering why he was following MB around on July 31, rather than showing that concern back in June when Lindsey went missing.  Was his seemingly sudden concern of MB being suspicious, and following her - a revenge thing on his part, for just having been questioned by LE about his actions/alibi etc back when Lindsey went missing?  Or as has been mentioned, could he just have been helping his mom to help in this case?  Unlikely, but am thinking, possible.   

And in light of all this, and what you said above, yessssssss, I agree, disturbing.  Hmmmm.   

Whatever... This needs looking into.  IMO

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1722 on: October 03, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »

NRCG~photo of a 1995 Honda Del Sol
Thanks, I have to say where I live I don't see any of those cars, I'm sure there are, but I'm not familiar with them. I'm looking out the window by the computer and there is a gorgeous full moon, the crazies will be out tonight. Wonder if anyone is listening to the police scanner in Satsuma 

Regarding the car being unusual.....I can say it's been many, many yrs since I've seen one and I lived in a city of a million plus before I moved and caome to think of it I can only recall seeing one on a lot for sale. Couldn't be too many in that area and I'd hope LE knows who owns every one of them.
That's why I don't think Dale was being truthful, it was Melissa's car which is an older greyish/brownish Nissan. You just don't see many of those cars.

ITA~here is that part of the SW, and I just posted pic's of the two cars:

On 07-31-09 just after Midnight Melissa Baum, the mother of the missing girl reported to police she was being followed around by a white vehicle. Officers stopped and found that Golder was driving it. He claimed he was at work when he saw Melissa’s Baum’s vehicle around the Beehive Retirement Center. He thought it was suspicious so he followed it around thinking it might be connected with Baum’s disappearance. He did not call police to report the suspicious vehicle.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1723 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »

Wyks~Like I stated earlier I mainly only read here because it's too confusing, but maybe you or someone else could help me with a question. Is Kona related to LB, or anyone in this investigation other than her son? Or is she just a local that wants to  find Lindsey. I guess I'm just curious as to why she just started posting last month.......well, curious about many things but this one in particular

IM - From what I understand, Kona came into SM as a local poster, who just wanted to do what the majority of us try to do, help in whatever way we can.  I don't think she's related in anyway to anyone else (except her son), in this investigation.  Seems she got caught up in the weirdness when she and/or her actions were questioned by another local poster over yonder, and then others, and then it snowballed from there.  Evidently in the meanwhile, as bad luck would have it, back in July LE already had their eye on her son and his activities.  Am not certain if she was even aware of that when she began posting online (here and over yonder, dunno where else if any) and volunteering her time etc. 

That's my take on it, anyway, and I could be wrong in some of the particulars.  This has become a huge mess!   

I see, although I thought LE had contacted her to speak to her son on the 29th and she told them he was asleep, so it seems as she would at least have some knowledge that they were wanting to ask him questions, then this is really disturbing from the SW:

Investigators determined that the number he was calling and texting belonged to a Stephanie Calica, who resides in Ellenburg, WA. She was contacted and interviewed. They determined that Stephanie Calica knew Golder when she went to Elma High School. She moved to Michigan in 2002. She maintained contact with people in Elma including Dale via the internet. She said she moved back to Washington State at the end of May 2009 and let people know she had moved. She said that on 06-26-09 she decided to give Golder her telephone number. She said that they began to text and talk that day. She was asked why the contact stopped at 9:30pm. She said that it stopped because Golder went to work at 10:00pm. When asked she admitted that after that day she had lengthy conversations with Golder while he was at work at the retirement center. She said that Golder had talked to her the day after the girl was reported missing and that he was very concerned about something like this happening in his town. She said that when she spoke to him the day after this was reported (she believed it was Saturday or early Sunday 29/07-2009) Golder told her he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered. It should be noted that the media and investigators did not believe Baum was the victim of a crime until the week following her disappearance (June 29 to July 3-4, 2009). It was initially believed she might be a run-away or had been injured and unable to get help. Stephani described Golder as being “over the top” and obsessively talking about Baum and what had happened to her; specifically that he believed she has been kidnapped and murdered. Stephanie said that he became less obsessed as July wore on. He then got very agitated about it again when he talked to the investigator about the case the end of July. Steph said that Dale was very upset that the investigators were talking to people about him and was obsessing about the girl. Detective Organ asked Stephanie when was the last time she actually saw Golder and she said it was the summer of 2002. She later told detectives that Golder had driven to Ellensburg on 07-16-09 and that she had to take him back to Elma because his car broke down. She said she stayed with him in MCCleary until 07-20-09

Just odd timing IMO......who knows anymore, all these cases and so much misdirection. Could be nothing, but...............maybe it is something

I may have had some dots connected, but surely not these.  I just looked and found that Kona joined SM on Sept 1st!  I thought it was much earlier, for some reason.  And am not sure when she joined over yonder. 

But the very fact alone that her son was questioned on July 29th, a good month earlier than when she joined here, Kona was indeed aware of that... and didn't mention it to us, and apparently without mentioning it to others either...   

It does make me question Kona's motives/intentions for placing herself into the position of 'helping' with any part of the same investigation that she *knew* her son had already been questioned by LE about.  I had been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but not now, unfortunately.  This is all, IMO, just too freakin weird. 

Another thought.. LE questioned DG on July 29th.  I was wondering why he was following MB around on July 31, rather than showing that concern back in June when Lindsey went missing.  Was his seemingly sudden concern of MB being suspicious, and following her - a revenge thing on his part, for just having been questioned by LE about his actions/alibi etc back when Lindsey went missing?  Or as has been mentioned, could he just have been helping his mom to help in this case?  Unlikely, but am thinking, possible.   

And in light of all this, and what you said above, yessssssss, I agree, disturbing.  Hmmmm.   

Finally someone understood my point!!!!!!! I know I have been screwy lately, but this just stuck out like a sore thumb

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1724 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:50 PM »

All I know is that when a pic of Jessy went up on WS, it had to be taken down, because they said he was a minor  To me he looks about 15 but I'm thinking he is 17. And if the two of them live so close, I would imagine they at least know each other. There has been no mention about Dale's friends, except for the girl that is a girlfriend/acquaintence. Wonder if he had friends at either job?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1725 on: October 03, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

Wyks~  a quick note about joining dates at SM...

There is a very long waiting list to join SM.  It's possible Kona could have applied way before September 1st, before getting approved.  Klaas told me not too long ago there were about 700 or so waiting to join.  So I don't know how quick a turn around it would be from requesting membership to approval to posting.  And some are approved and don't post for a while.  Just adding that bit of information, FWIW

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1726 on: October 03, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »

Yes IM and Wyks, that is very interesting, and I also didn't know that is when Kona joined here, not I'm even more concerned.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: October 03, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »

There is a very long waiting list to join SM.  It's possible Kona could have applied way before September 1st, before getting approved.  Klaas told me not too long ago there were about 700 or so waiting to join.  So I don't know how quick a turn around it would be from requesting membership to approval to posting.  And some are approved and don't post for a while.  Just adding that bit of information, FWIW
Thank-you. And I suppose one wouldn't want to say that their son was questioned by police. I just don't know, all seems odd.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1728 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »

Thank-you. And I suppose one wouldn't want to say that their son was questioned by police. I just don't know, all seems odd.

But if he were in LE's sights, wouldn't you possibly (like Cindy A etc) want to find out what is being tossed around in the forums, that would give an insight to the investigation and help spin things to your favor. Just tossing some ideas around in my head and they just don't add up...D@mn, sounds just like another case

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1729 on: October 03, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »

But if he were in LE's sights, wouldn't you possibly (like Cindy A etc) want to find out what is being tossed around in the forums, that would give an insight to the investigation and help spin things to your favor. Just tossing some ideas around in my head and they just don't add up...D@mn, sounds just like another case
Yes it does 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1730 on: October 03, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »

I see your point, but when Anna Fl wanted to join, from what I recall she was approved rather fast and wonder if locals who had any insight might get approval from Klaas earlier rather than later if they could help......

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

Let me also add that I've seen Klaas approve a membership fairly quickly, especially if it's the parent of a missing child or something like that.  It just depends.  If you have questions about it, I'd ask Klaas.  But I wanted you all to know it can take a long time to get approved or it can be fairly quickly.  Mileage may vary...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: October 03, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »

I see your point, but when Anna Fl wanted to join, from what I recall she was approved rather fast and wonder if locals who had any insight might get approval from Klaas earlier rather than later if they could help......

See my post  below above.   I was typing it out the same time you were.  Yes, you are correct thumleft

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1733 on: October 03, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »

See my post below above.  I was typing it out the same time you were.  Yes, you are correct thumleft (Edit my boo-boo)

Thanks Muffy an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:56:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1734 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »

i hope im not talking out of turn but from what i understand, dd asked kona to help with this 'cause her family has lived there for a long time...really long, like generations.  and not to stick up for anybody, but this is just IMO if her son (kona's) was following mb maybe it was cause he knew what his mom was doing (helping) and decided to take it upon himself to sluth as well.  i don't know nor do i claim to.  JMO

Me either, but there are times when police look heavily at those that show an extreme amount of interest in a case, and wasn't he the one who mentioned her being dismembered?
To me it's just odd they ended up searching his residence while his mom is sleuthing, but maybe that's just me
Me too, something isn't adding up. It's very hard for me to move past the incident that happened when he was 14 

I agree.  And not certain how we could go about learning any more of that, because of their ages at the same.  Disturbing, of course, what's been said about that time, if it is true info.  I don't have any reason not to believe, yet dunno how to find actual proof, is what I'm saying.  Disturbing to me as well, is the info about the girl's mother, whether or not she actually encouraged her daughter not to report, because it would be 'his word against hers'.  If that's true, then pfffft.  Nothing would have stopped me as a mom, from getting to the truth of the matter.  But then, that's me. 

What are we up against, with this town?  Who really is this family that years ago apparently some were content to look the other way, but now some seem hell-bent on throwing under the bus?  What's really going on?  And how do we even begin to find out, without knowing which are lies, rumor, actual facts, and who in that town is telling the truth of the matter?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1735 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »

This is a DD alert!!  Question please!
well, this may be one of the longer quote stacks...but following this train of thought, I wonder if DD knew when KonaMocha joined SM and when she started helping DD with the research.  It sounds like the son was involved in this very early on.....I kind of thought he had been helping his mom, but it may have been the other way around......

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1736 on: October 03, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »

Thanks, I have to say where I live I don't see any of those cars, I'm sure there are, but I'm not familiar with them. I'm looking out the window by the computer and there is a gorgeous full moon, the crazies will be out tonight. Wonder if anyone is listening to the police scanner in Satsuma 

Regarding the car being unusual.....I can say it's been many, many yrs since I've seen one and I lived in a city of a million plus before I moved and caome to think of it I can only recall seeing one on a lot for sale. Couldn't be too many in that area and I'd hope LE knows who owns every one of them.
That's why I don't think Dale was being truthful, it was Melissa's car which is an older greyish/brownish Nissan. You just don't see many of those cars.

This is her car......huge difference

Island TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is the picture I recall and you will notice the missing sign on the  door.  How could  you not know who's car that was?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1737 on: October 03, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »

This is a DD alert!!  Question please!
well, this may be one of the longer quote stacks...but following this train of thought, I wonder if DD knew when KonaMocha joined SM and when she started helping DD with the research.  It sounds like the son was involved in this very early on.....I kind of thought he had been helping his mom, but it may have been the other way around......

BINGO BINGO BINGO........that's what I've been trying to get across all day! Glad Wyks caught on and now others. Like I said it may be nothing, but it is cetainly suspect to me a relatively new poster on this thread, maybe not to others.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1738 on: October 03, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »

This is her car......huge difference

Island TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is the picture I recall and you will notice the missing sign on the  door.  How could  you not know who's car that was?

YW and EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

[
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: October 03, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »

That is why we need people to read all the boards and offer some 'ah ha's' occassionally....thanks.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.