March 18, 2024, 10:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575703 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1800 on: October 04, 2009, 02:29:17 AM »

Kiro7 just reported on the search today and said "A man living here is person of interest in a  large part because an affidavit claims he is giving four different stories on his whereabouts the night Lindsey vanished".

Do we have any idea who this man is from today's search???

*stares at IM* 

<whispers... ermmm, DG?>  he's the only one in town I know of who has given 4 versions.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1801 on: October 04, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »

Kiro7 just reported on the search today and said "A man living here is person of interest in a  large part because an affidavit claims he is giving four different stories on his whereabouts the night Lindsey vanished".

They were showing video from the DG search so I can only assume those words were meant in regards to him.  They mentioned nothing about any other property being searched, they just mentioned the volunteer search that happened today then said what I have in quotes.  I even rewound  it to make sure I had the words right.

That's what I suspected, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.......and that was just now on local news??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1802 on: October 04, 2009, 02:32:08 AM »

With all the hoopla that happens in some cases, when LE uses the words "POI" and "suspect", it may be that in the future, none of those words will be used by them, publically. 

I SOOOOO agree with you on that Wyks. I also just listened to the video from the reporter and very carefully, she stated that they took evidence and until they get those results there is nothing linking him to her disappearance. Sounds like they have learned to parse their words carefully. JMO

True that, IM.  Wonder if it's for these reasons that we get 'play on words' from LE in another case?  They cannot really come right out and say yes or no, so they opt for something that sounds like they are saying nothing, when actually turns out they were hinting.  lol  I'd settle for 'no comment', until such time as when the whole truth can be told.  No wait, I'd hate that too.   

I swear I'm going to stop following these cases........if not all the doublespeak will drive me insane.

I hear ya!!  Online scrabble is looking pretty good to me right about now.   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1803 on: October 04, 2009, 02:33:11 AM »

They were showing video from the DG search so I can only assume those words were meant in regards to him.  They mentioned nothing about any other property being searched, they just mentioned the volunteer search that happened today then said what I have in quotes.  I even rewound  it to make sure I had the words right.

That's what I suspected, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.......and that was just now on local news??

Yes.  I have satellite and pick up all the Seattle stations.  I missed King5 and Komo news as I was rewinding the piece from Kiro7 to get the words right - Kiro7 are still calling him a POI.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1804 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »

I need to get some sleep.  Lets hope they find Lindsey   an angelic monkey  Night
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1805 on: October 04, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »

I need to get some sleep.  Lets hope they find Lindsey   an angelic monkey  Night

Nite NR and thanks for the info an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1806 on: October 04, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »

Thanks for the news report, Northern Rose!  Sleep well! 

Am calling it a night too.  See y'all in the morning. 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1807 on: October 04, 2009, 02:51:46 AM »

*stares at IM*

<whispers... ermmm, DG?>  he's the only one in town I know of who has given 4 versions.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1808 on: October 04, 2009, 02:54:15 AM »

If a person just wants to read at SM, they don't have to join. I know WS has places that are off limits to non members, but not here on this forum.

Hi KatGram,  Just one thread is for members only and it is more of a place to kick your shoes off and let it out.  It is where RUMOR threads go.  xox
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1809 on: October 04, 2009, 02:55:55 AM »

*stares at IM*

OK, I deserve it.......I was confused by the wording of today's search, but knew he was the only one that gave 4 stories, so I asked for further clarification to you both. 

[
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: October 04, 2009, 02:57:02 AM »

*stares at IM*

OK, I deserve it.......I was confused by the wording of today's search, but knew he was the only one that gave 4 stories, so I asked for further clarification to you both. 

I have so many of these moments myself!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1811 on: October 04, 2009, 02:58:19 AM »

If a person just wants to read at SM, they don't have to join. I know WS has places that are off limits to non members, but not here on this forum.

Hi KatGram,  Just one thread is for members only and it is more of a place to kick your shoes off and let it out.  It is where RUMOR threads go.  xox

Hi Scandi,
So what is the latest on your board over at WS? Anything different than what we are discussing today? I know there are tons of new pages. Someone will need to open a new thread soon.
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1812 on: October 04, 2009, 03:04:42 AM »

Thanks for all the help islandmonkey.  Guess I got going down a rabbit trail and got lost.  Jessy lives real close to Dale, but probably not a factor.  The two warrants issued was probably the two parcels Tena Golder owns that are next to each other on Foreman Road.  Looking at Jessy has become a side issue and will now concentrate on Dale again.  Thanks to DD, I feel I need to see how many people would have to be involved in this frame-up.  I had not heard of anyone recounting their story.  Seems like they would call the news media for their 15 minutes of fame and expose this town.  Guess the judge started the frame-up and forced everyone to follow, even the FBI?  Thanks everyone for all your help and getting me back on course.  shortcake

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1813 on: October 04, 2009, 03:29:44 AM »

No "Person of Interest" in McCleary Case

After confirming they were looking at him, Police change their tune and say they don't have hard evidence linking him to the case

Web Reporter
October 3, 2009

MCCLEARY - A man whose family owns two homes searched in connection with missing 11-year old Lindsey Baum is no longer a "person of interest," according to the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office. One day after investigators confirmed they were looking at the man, they backed-off that label.

The sheriff's office served search warrants last weekend on the two McCleary, WA homes and yards., and the man's car. Investigators say that evidence is now being analyzed at several crime labs. It could take months to get answers and there's still a chance the evidence could implicate the man whose homes were searched.

According to court documents, the man in question changed his story about where he was working on the night of June 26, when the girl disappeared, and was a suspect in the attempted sexual assault of a child in 2000.

According to Sheriff's department documents, investigators took a number of items from the search of the homes and yards, including used condoms, a disposable camera, black electrical tape, a rifle, and newspaper articles about the girl's disappearance.

Saturday dozens headed for McCleary to continue the search for Lindsey. Volunteers said they'd like to see the family get some answers. "I just want there to be a peace so this family can find out where she's at" said Megan Griensewic.

The girl's mother, Melssa Baum, admits the last few months have been a nightmare "it's tough but we have to keep going, I'm not going to stop looking for her." Baum says Saturday's search was the largest turnout of volunteers they've had since the girl went missing. About 80 people showed up, some came from as far away as Renton. "It feels wonderful I'm immensely grateful to everybody" Baum said.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-100309-missingmclearygirl,0,7030899.story

LE really needs to update their investigative techniques. Most of us know "good cop/bad cop" as well as "make the suspect think we have lost interest so that he slips up". Geez!

Hmmmm,  Hi Sebastian,  Personally I think LE has a very cagey plan of strategy gong on.  Who cares if Dale gets spooked at this point.  He has had 3 carefee months of being somewhere, doing something.  And now that John Q Public knows his car and have a picture of him in their minds, he is going to be remembered here and there, being up around the corner, down across the tracks.  If he is involved I hope he breaks out in the sweats every night when he lays his head down.  He is a known man now, and he might rue the day he didn't put a standard muffler on that car of his!

If he is not involved it will die down and go away and eventually the devil who played God with Lindsey will be caught and punished.

PS:  I'd still get him in the box to have him explain who told him the girl that was taken was killed and dismembered.  That is just too bizarre for words.

And IMO it is equally as bizarre for LE and the Prosecutor to broadcast that piece of info to the public, esp only 6 days after the search was done.  I think they did it for a reason and LE have the case very well under tow. 

I was always worried posting ideas here that could change the way a perp might do something after the fact if he or his friends or family were reading here.  No worries anymore.  The truth will come out and I do hope this family can move on to a normal life again.  xox
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1814 on: October 04, 2009, 03:31:36 AM »

Thanks for all the help islandmonkey.  Guess I got going down a rabbit trail and got lost.  Jessy lives real close to Dale, but probably not a factor.  The two warrants issued was probably the two parcels Tena Golder owns that are next to each other on Foreman Road.  Looking at Jessy has become a side issue and will now concentrate on Dale again.  Thanks to DD, I feel I need to see how many people would have to be involved in this frame-up.  I had not heard of anyone recounting their story.  Seems like they would call the news media for their 15 minutes of fame and expose this town.  Guess the judge started the frame-up and forced everyone to follow, even the FBI?  Thanks everyone for all your help and getting me back on course.  shortcake

Hi Shortcake,
Somewhere it was mentioned that there were 15 kids living in one of those houses off and on for the last many years. Do you know if either Dales family or the parents of Jessy Braun take in foster kids?

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1815 on: October 04, 2009, 03:36:54 AM »

After confirming they were looking at him, Police change their tune and say they don't have hard evidence linking him to the case

Web Reporter
October 3, 2009

MCCLEARY - A man whose family owns two homes searched in connection with missing 11-year old Lindsey Baum is no longer a "person of interest," according to the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office. One day after investigators confirmed they were looking at the man, they backed-off that label.

The sheriff's office served search warrants last weekend on the two McCleary, WA homes and yards., and the man's car. Investigators say that evidence is now being analyzed at several crime labs. It could take months to get answers and there's still a chance the evidence could implicate the man whose homes were searched.

According to court documents, the man in question changed his story about where he was working on the night of June 26, when the girl disappeared, and was a suspect in the attempted sexual assault of a child in 2000.

According to Sheriff's department documents, investigators took a number of items from the search of the homes and yards, including used condoms, a disposable camera, black electrical tape, a rifle, and newspaper articles about the girl's disappearance.

Saturday dozens headed for McCleary to continue the search for Lindsey. Volunteers said they'd like to see the family get some answers. "I just want there to be a peace so this family can find out where she's at" said Megan Griensewic.

The girl's mother, Melssa Baum, admits the last few months have been a nightmare "it's tough but we have to keep going, I'm not going to stop looking for her." Baum says Saturday's search was the largest turnout of volunteers they've had since the girl went missing. About 80 people showed up, some came from as far away as Renton. "It feels wonderful I'm immensely grateful to everybody" Baum said.

LE really needs to update their investigative techniques. Most of us know "good cop/bad cop" as well as "make the suspect think we have lost interest so that he slips up". Geez!

Hmmmm,  Hi Sebastian,  Personally I think LE has a very cagey plan of strategy gong on.  Who cares if Dale gets spooked at this point.  He has had 3 carefee months of being somewhere, doing something.  And now that John Q Public knows his car and have a picture of him in their minds, he is going to be remembered here and there, being up around the corner, down across the tracks.  If he is involved I hope he breaks out in the sweats every night when he lays his head down.  He is a known man now, and he might rue the day he didn't put a standard muffler on that car of his!

If he is not involved it will die down and go away and eventually the devil who played God with Lindsey will be caught and punished.

PS:  I'd still get him in the box to have him explain who told him the girl that was taken was killed and dismembered.  That is just too bizarre for words.

And IMO it is equally as bizarre for LE and the Prosecutor to broadcast that piece of info to the public, esp only 6 days after the search was done.  I think they did it for a reason and LE have the case very well under tow. 

I was always worried posting ideas here that could change the way a perp might do something after the fact if he or his friends or family were reading here.  No worries anymore.  The truth will come out and I do hope this family can move on to a normal life again.  xox

Hi Scandi,
If Dale is the perp and was stupid enough to follow Mom Baum around, I don't think he is too darn saavy. I guess this is just one of those things that I cannot explain away. I am on the fence on any perp at this time. I definately think what has piled up against Dale thus far is damning. Having said this, whoever took Lindsey was smart enough not to get noticed and to get away with it for 3 months. Why would DG, if it is him, go back and follow Lindsey's mother. I just cannot get my head around that one!
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1816 on: October 04, 2009, 03:47:37 AM »

Hi Scandi,
So what is the latest on your board over at WS? Anything different than what we are discussing today? I know there are tons of new pages. Someone will need to open a new thread soon.

Hi again Sebastian,  I can't speak for other posters, but would say the general feeling is now concentrating on holes in the timeline of DG {spaces of time unaccounted for}, hoping for a way to learn where the phone pinged at 1:11 AM, which camp close to Olympia {by name} it is that he worked for, and all of this geared to try and pinpoint the area where he would have taken her and then left her.

Also, everything needs to be explored to be intelligent about this.  Lindsey is first for consideration of thought above all as she is the innocent victim.  Let the rest fall where it may and the clues should tell the rest of the story as to what happened to her and where she can be found now.  So it is all about finding Lindsey.  I think they would all say the same thing.

xox

PS:  If anyone here who doesn't belong or read there has any ideas that might add to what is being looked at there, I'd be glad to ask for you and report back.  We all have the same goal, and with so many great minds on both forums it would be heartening to see them all work together in some way like this.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1817 on: October 04, 2009, 04:22:09 AM »

Web Reporter
October 3, 2009

Hi Scandi,
If Dale is the perp and was stupid enough to follow Mom Baum around, I don't think he is too darn saavy. I guess this is just one of those things that I cannot explain away. I am on the fence on any perp at this time. I definately think what has piled up against Dale thus far is damning. Having said this, whoever took Lindsey was smart enough not to get noticed and to get away with it for 3 months. Why would DG, if it is him, go back and follow Lindsey's mother. I just cannot get my head around that one!

Whoever said people that commit crimes like this are smart?  lol  IMO they have a passion or motive ~ something that drives them to act out.  When they feel threatened and realize their life style might be changed, they strike out, sometimes resulting in death for their victim.   With sex crimes they are often repeaters who will develop a style of attack to secure their own needs.  And so many of the people we see here in Sleuthing have sociopatic tendencies, are into self gratification above all and then many are psycotic, having lost reality.

First we look at Dale as he is named.  I don't think it is a matter of being smart on his part.  He didn't even lay low, obsessing about her, etc. and putting himself out on a limb by doing such dumb things as following Lindsey's mom.  It is just how the chips fell.  Within a week LE knew something terrible had happened to Lindsey.  Profilers said she knew the person who did this to her.  Two residents that we know of came forward.  One became suspicious about him due to a change in his normal activity and the other placed his noisy car at the last place Lindsey was seen and within the proper time frame.  Major.

Then the coup de grace came for LE about a month down the road when the GF talked to LE.  By then I think the FBI hauncho from Seattle had discovered allot from her MS accounts and it led to the fingers of friends and connections were made.  From that point on they have been building a case IMO, putting dots together to show probable cause and thru a very visable search with warrants in hand, put him on the local radar so they can now learn enough to send them in the right direction, leading to Lindsey's discovery.

Like you say in so many words, how could all of these people be wrong about what they said in reference Dale.  We have not heard one retraction from what was said in the Affidavit except from the family, which is to be expected.

And 3 mos is really a very short time IMO for LE to come to the point where they are now IMO
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1818 on: October 04, 2009, 04:34:52 AM »

Saw this posted on Oct 3 by Tamra on Dale's GF's myspace:

TO ALL YOU NOSY PEOPLE, I AM VERY PISSED OFF RIGHT KNOW!! I AM T.T. THAT YOU HAVE LISTED IN YOUR FORUM......AS FOR MY SON BEING IN THE MILITARY HE LEFT THE 1ST OF JAN., NOT SHORTLY AFTER LINDSEY DISSAPEARED!! WHEN LINDSEY DISAPPEARED HE WAS 2 MILES OUT OF MOSUL, IRAQ SO YOU NEED TO GET YOUR DAMN STORY STRAIGHT!! AS FOR A.G. HE WAS TO LEAVE IN JULY AND HE DIDN'T LEAVE DUE TO NOT MAKING WEIGHT!! SO LETS GET BACK TO THE RIGHT TRACK!! IT'S LINDSEY WE ARE LOOKING FOR!!

DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1819 on: October 04, 2009, 05:59:18 AM »

Does any monkey know...

If DG is no longer a POI, would the seized property be returned?  And if so, how long does that usually take? 

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.