March 18, 2024, 11:01:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575715 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

I am trying desperately to catch up reading on Lindsey, but will take me days. I have a question and it probably will not be very popular. Is there concrete proof that Lindsey did not make it home? Not just the word of her Mom? There is a reason for these questions....something is just bugging me from what I have read.

I am the grandmother of 7 and they do not play outside at my house unless I am out there with them. I live on a dead end quiet street, but I do not let them out of my site. They are not allowed to go to any of the neighbors houses to play. If the other kids want to play they can come to my house. I guess some call me crazy, but they are not going missing on my watch.

No there is not darla.

Janet

++++++

My unpopular position with many on this forum regarding the possible implication of Josh Baum ... as a person of interest in the the process of elimination ... did sway for a period of time this weekend but ... I have regained my balance.

Unless it is revealed otherwise ... I will continue to ask myself the following questions regarding Lindsey Baum's disappearance:

1.  Following the witness sighting at 5th and Maple ... within a very short distance from home ... is it possible that an impulsive action by someone close to Lindsey unintentionally ... in the act of wrongdoing ... caused her death?

- Did Lindsey stop at the Shell Station to retrieve her bike and there met with foul play?
- Did Lindsey make it home and it was there that something went terribly wrong?

2.  In a sincere attempt to protect a loved one  ... is it possible assistance from a trusted friend outside the family ... to cover up ... was requested and provided?

3.  Considering there have been no arrests ... could there be underlying legal issues  encompassing the interrogation of an underage person of interest when there is no substantiating evidence that implies the existence of a felony? 

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2009, 08:01:30 PM »

credits to KageyKaren at WS posted today at 4:42pm:

I'v been surfing again & all I can do is shake my head for many reasons. One of the subjects that is left to me to answer since I'm the one that made the statement that many of you read but never commented on. With honesty and confidence I shared Tim Miller's from TE financial backer and author post here. She's a great gal and so helpful in the Caylee case. I talked personally with the secreatary who spoke with Melissa Baums "neighbor" & 4 wks. later Melissa Baum. There are mistruths (thank you CA Caylee's grandma, for my new word) that have been spoken concerning a search. The secretary stated she thought both conversations were odd for first time callers. the neighbor stated she was calling on her own to get info about their services and would share with mom b. but that mom b was going to go with LRC's. Mom B called them, finally and told them she was sorry for the delay but LE had her computer. She then thanked them but told them she was using LRC. It seemed to me that Michelle B may have told her to use them. Secretary stated she told both women their service is free and if she changed her mind to give them a call. It was also shared with neighbor that Tes brings in their own volunteers (40-50) will train civillian volunteers as well. LRC is great but I would have picked TES to find my daughter so early into an investigation. JMO if my daughter could be in a forrest. There is way to much secretiveness going on so I took the time to clear up one subject for whatever it may be worth at this point. 

I don't understand this post at all. Can someone please summerize it for me?

BTW, thank you Northern Rose for such a good detailing of who Michelle is. I am not up on caylee's case and do not know the inner workings. Your post helped me to understand this person is thought of as an opportunist.

see MM's post here at:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5994.60

Also, if my daughter was missing I would not be waiting for 4 weeks to contact TES (because LE had my computer?), after this neighbor told me about their services.  Also, the secry at TES did NOT decline their services, rather that if MB changed her mind to let them know.    Another inconsistency?
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »

JESS STAR, I realize the thread has now gone in another direction, but I just read your post. I guess I will be the one monkey on the branch, but in the heat of a child being missing, I would STILL put that child first, and open my door for LE to take a look. I am not naive. I have had a background in LE, and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I do not know the LE here where I live now, but I would still let them in if it meant finding a 12 yr old alive or to find her remains if she wasn't. I would not hide behind my blinds and turn a blind eye. If they did find something suspicious, or thought they did, I would THEN retain someone in your capacity.

Now maybe the people in McCleary/Grays County know MORE about their local police there, and realize they have a history. That, I do not know. All I know is that the residents of where I live have respect for the LE, there is no bad gossip about them, and they are very visible and transparent and efficient. Until proven otherwise, I will hold that judgement.

If we are to be advocates for children, we should be able to "put ourselves out there" to a degree. I know Kona is paying the price. I cannot say how she feels at this point. I know she felt strongly enough to do something. Doing the right thing is not always easy, and it sometimes doesn't turn out the way we want it to. I have had things not turn out the way I wanted either, but at least I know I tried.

I will sit on the branch by myself on this if I have to. I have not changed my mind about it at all. JMO

I have full respect for the police officers who are in McCleary. Hands down and 100%, I trust all of them that I do know. Behind their uniforms they are good people. As any person, they have made mistakes before, but they are only human. And still my opinion does not change.

I dont know one single cop in my city...so I would be cautious.  I guess it would depend on the way they approached me.  Certainly if they came up with a warrant I would react way different than if they just wanted to look around.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!
I am trying desperately to catch up reading on Lindsey, but will take me days. I have a question and it probably will not be very popular. Is there concrete proof that Lindsey did not make it home? Not just the word of her Mom? There is a reason for these questions....something is just bugging me from what I have read.

I am the grandmother of 7 and they do not play outside at my house unless I am out there with them. I live on a dead end quiet street, but I do not let them out of my site. They are not allowed to go to any of the neighbors houses to play. If the other kids want to play they can come to my house. I guess some call me crazy, but they are not going missing on my watch.
In the back of my mind I wonder about that, do we have concrete proof that Lindsey did not make it home, me personally I haven't seen it, imo.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »

Who is in charge anyway? Is there someone, a group of someones? I think I read that a few people (who??) are heading up the search, are these same people the ones responsible to offer up information to the public? Understand, I have been away from this and missed a whole bunch of stuff.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »

Karma said....

IMO Melissa wouldn't have been alarmed if Josh didn't return directly home after being told to.Josh has Aspergers(sp)and a host of other problems and Melissa said he likes to wander......I think she just lets him wander and he gets home by 10:00 PM?

Given the fact he does have aspergers and likes to wonder would lead me to believe it would make her concerned if he didn't come straight home..hmmmm seems we are seeing this differently. If only a SPOKES PERSON COULD CLARIFY THIS POINT
The thought of him just wandering around makes no sense to me, one would think you should know where he is.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »

Do we have proof Lindsey left alone?
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »

credits to KageyKaren at WS posted today at 4:42pm:

I'v been surfing again & all I can do is shake my head for many reasons. One of the subjects that is left to me to answer since I'm the one that made the statement that many of you read but never commented on. With honesty and confidence I shared Tim Miller's from TE financial backer and author post here. She's a great gal and so helpful in the Caylee case. I talked personally with the secreatary who spoke with Melissa Baums "neighbor" & 4 wks. later Melissa Baum. There are mistruths (thank you CA Caylee's grandma, for my new word) that have been spoken concerning a search. The secretary stated she thought both conversations were odd for first time callers. the neighbor stated she was calling on her own to get info about their services and would share with mom b. but that mom b was going to go with LRC's. Mom B called them, finally and told them she was sorry for the delay but LE had her computer. She then thanked them but told them she was using LRC. It seemed to me that Michelle B may have told her to use them. Secretary stated she told both women their service is free and if she changed her mind to give them a call. It was also shared with neighbor that Tes brings in their own volunteers (40-50) will train civillian volunteers as well. LRC is great but I would have picked TES to find my daughter so early into an investigation. JMO if my daughter could be in a forrest. There is way to much secretiveness going on so I took the time to clear up one subject for whatever it may be worth at this point. 

I don't understand this post at all. Can someone please summerize it for me?

BTW, thank you Northern Rose for such a good detailing of who Michelle is. I am not up on caylee's case and do not know the inner workings. Your post helped me to understand this person is thought of as an opportunist.

What I interpret from reading this is Melissa's neighbor got in touch with the same person who did investigating with Caylee's case and inquired about information regarding her services. The neighbor then got in touch with Melissa who was already working with LRC (don't know??). Then the gal who's services that were inquired about, let both The neighbor and Melissa know that her services are free and that she brings her own volunteers and also will recruit other volunteers from the public. I am just assuming that this was a search group that was called, and the secretary of the search group is the one who answered all these questions and provided the information.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »

JESS STAR, I realize the thread has now gone in another direction, but I just read your post. I guess I will be the one monkey on the branch, but in the heat of a child being missing, I would STILL put that child first, and open my door for LE to take a look. I am not naive. I have had a background in LE, and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I do not know the LE here where I live now, but I would still let them in if it meant finding a 12 yr old alive or to find her remains if she wasn't. I would not hide behind my blinds and turn a blind eye. If they did find something suspicious, or thought they did, I would THEN retain someone in your capacity.

Now maybe the people in McCleary/Grays County know MORE about their local police there, and realize they have a history. That, I do not know. All I know is that the residents of where I live have respect for the LE, there is no bad gossip about them, and they are very visible and transparent and efficient. Until proven otherwise, I will hold that judgement.

If we are to be advocates for children, we should be able to "put ourselves out there" to a degree. I know Kona is paying the price. I cannot say how she feels at this point. I know she felt strongly enough to do something. Doing the right thing is not always easy, and it sometimes doesn't turn out the way we want it to. I have had things not turn out the way I wanted either, but at least I know I tried.

I will sit on the branch by myself on this if I have to. I have not changed my mind about it at all. JMO

And you are entitled to your view, Fanny Mae.  I respect that.  As I said in my post, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or to change anyone's mind.  We're all adults and can make our own decisions. 

Maybe I'm overreacting to the "If we are to be advocates for children . . ." portion of your post.  If I am, I apologize.  But I certainly don't need anyone to preach to me about what it means to be an advocate for children, or to suggest that I'm somehow less of an advocate because I'd be inclined to protect my family if faced with a situation like Kona is facing.  That offends me.  I "put my self out there" every day of the week, Fanny Mae, in ways I will not go into because, quite frankly, it's no one's business.  But I will say, it's all about ACTION, not words.  It's all about being PROACTIVE, not reactive. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »

I have full respect for the police officers who are in McCleary. Hands down and 100%, I trust all of them that I do know. Behind their uniforms they are good people. As any person, they have made mistakes before, but they are only human. And still my opinion does not change.

I hope and pray from the bottom of my heart that is true.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »

I found what I was looking for....  regarding the "witness" texting Lindsey's mom.  Am I allowed to bring several posts from another board (WS,  of course) over here???

Klaasend, can I?

I have no problem with you bringing posts here from WS but WS might not like it.  So....bring them over at your own risk, LOL    Tricia/WS thinks very highly of their stuff. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

Is MB being left to decide these things or is she being advised by someone(s)? MM said LE had told MB that HO was not worth a darn, how would she know? Was it only LE? Did anyone else know?
Was she told something about TE from a person in the inner circle? Is she relying on anyone to give her information? If so, who?
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

I found what I was looking for....  regarding the "witness" texting Lindsey's mom.  Am I allowed to bring several posts from another board (WS,  of course) over here???

Klaasend, can I?

I have no problem with you bringing posts here from WS but WS might not like it.  So....bring them over at your own risk, LOL    Tricia/WS thinks very highly of their stuff

Monkey Devil!    

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »

And you are entitled to your view, Fanny Mae.  I respect that.  As I said in my post, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or to change anyone's mind.  We're all adults and can make our own decisions. 

Maybe I'm overreacting to the "If we are to be advocates for children . . ." portion of your post.  If I am, I apologize.  But I certainly don't need anyone to preach to me about what it means to be an advocate for children, or to suggest that I'm somehow less of an advocate because I'd be inclined to protect my family if faced with a situation like Kona is facing.  That offends me.  I "put my self out there" every day of the week, Fanny Mae, in ways I will not go into because, quite frankly, it's no one's business.  But I will say, it's all about ACTION, not words.  It's all about being PROACTIVE, not reactive. 

I meant no disrespect or not trying to preach to you or anyone. I was stating my own opinion. I am sorry you are offended and I apologize. I feel very strongly myself, and I see no reason for you to feel defensive and I am sorry if you do. This is one of the reasons I do not post much here. There is room for everyone's opinions, we do not have to agree. I will still sit on the branch by myself, if need be. I did not come here for a tongue lashing or to start a conflict. I am as concerned about Lindsey as everyone else.  JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »

Jess - very well said.  Thank you for all you do for these children   an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey 

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »

Is MB being left to decide these things or is she being advised by someone(s)? MM said LE had told MB that HO was not worth a darn, how would she know? Was it only LE? Did anyone else know?
Was she told something about TE from a person in the inner circle? Is she relying on anyone to give her information? If so, who?

I would like to know why LRC has said they are unlikely to help with this search again.  I think it is time to call TES again!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2009, 08:23:26 PM »

I would like to know why LRC has said they are unlikely to help with this search again.  I think it is time to call TES again!!

Ya know I would like to call TES again too, except why should they come if MB treats them the way she treated HO???

I will answer my question...for Lindsey of course   an angelic monkey

madibabe
Scared Monkey

im so confuzzzed

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »

Madibabe, did they say where the horse trailer was?  Thanks
no but I can find out from the same person that told me in the morning. Ill try and put a stop to the here say bull .... lol

madibabe try to get these rumors stopped and the dang police need a press conference and tell what is going on.  This is going to turn into a nightmare for someone who did not do anything. 

I don't know if they found anything at someone elses houses or what.  But they did not find anything on the golders property.  they did remove stuff and take it because the search warrants were TO SEE "IF", there might be anything there connected to lindsey.  So they took stuff like vaccumed stuff, paperwork to see if there might be anything in there to say who was where when, they took computers, they took some old cameras from a yardsale, they took clothing to test I guess, they took blackets, mattresses, all kinds of stuff so they could TEST it, to see IF there is anything on them.  there was absolutely NOTHING found to suggest lindsey had been there.

Tonight on the news they were stating that the search dogs had been to the property and never scented nothing there.  (I did not hear the knews, someone posted it in my chat, so someone should check on the kiro news for that)

I heard a ton of rumors today myself.  and funny thing a lot of them were coming straight from the very people who told all of the lies in the beginning of this case... and the weirest one was that the tip for the search warrant came from mb's psychic... this person also said they found lb's clothing.  now people are nuts.  and most of the crazy rumors are coming straight out of elma.  Some of the same people trashing MB in the beginning of the case. So the elma rumors are way out there. 

What I have heard is that the news station that released the information, had a mix up, and had said that Clothes hair and blood had all been found. So after I got home from work that night, I checked the information for myself, to find that it was nothing that was found. I think it was just a mix up, or maybe a stage of shock where people heard 'clothes, hair, and blood'.

I've been in a state of shock since this all happened.............. Kona and her family do not deserve this.

if it makes any better i was at the courthouse  and the news was there to set the record strait. I heard part of what they said about death threats on the family and that the information that was out there was wrong.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »

Madibabe, did they say where the horse trailer was?  Thanks
no but I can find out from the same person that told me in the morning. Ill try and put a stop to the here say bull .... lol

madibabe try to get these rumors stopped and the dang police need a press conference and tell what is going on.  This is going to turn into a nightmare for someone who did not do anything. 

I don't know if they found anything at someone elses houses or what.  But they did not find anything on the golders property.  they did remove stuff and take it because the search warrants were TO SEE "IF", there might be anything there connected to lindsey.  So they took stuff like vaccumed stuff, paperwork to see if there might be anything in there to say who was where when, they took computers, they took some old cameras from a yardsale, they took clothing to test I guess, they took blackets, mattresses, all kinds of stuff so they could TEST it, to see IF there is anything on them.  there was absolutely NOTHING found to suggest lindsey had been there.

Tonight on the news they were stating that the search dogs had been to the property and never scented nothing there.  (I did not hear the knews, someone posted it in my chat, so someone should check on the kiro news for that)

I heard a ton of rumors today myself.  and funny thing a lot of them were coming straight from the very people who told all of the lies in the beginning of this case... and the weirest one was that the tip for the search warrant came from mb's psychic... this person also said they found lb's clothing.  now people are nuts.  and most of the crazy rumors are coming straight out of elma.  Some of the same people trashing MB in the beginning of the case. So the elma rumors are way out there. 

What I have heard is that the news station that released the information, had a mix up, and had said that Clothes hair and blood had all been found. So after I got home from work that night, I checked the information for myself, to find that it was nothing that was found. I think it was just a mix up, or maybe a stage of shock where people heard 'clothes, hair, and blood'.

I've been in a state of shock since this all happened.............. Kona and her family do not deserve this.

if it makes any better i was at the courthouse  and the news was there to set the record strait. I heard part of what they said about death threats on the family and that the information that was out there was wrong.

Thank you, Madibabe
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »

I meant no disrespect or not trying to preach to you or anyone. I was stating my own opinion. I am sorry you are offended and I apologize. I feel very strongly myself, and I see no reason for you to feel defensive and I am sorry if you do. This is one of the reasons I do not post much here. There is room for everyone's opinions, we do not have to agree. I will still sit on the branch by myself, if need be. I did not come here for a tongue lashing or to start a conflict. I am as concerned about Lindsey as everyone else.  JMO

I understand, thanks.  I wasn't offended by your opinion on consensual searches, nor am I being defensive.  I have nothing to be defensive about.  And you certainly have the right to let anyone into your home or onto your property for any reason whatsoever.  It's your prerogative, and I'm sure there are many many others that feel the same way.  I was just offended by what appeared to be a statement that questioned my dedication and devotion to advocating for children.  Again, maybe I was overreacting and, if so, I apologize. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.