March 19, 2024, 12:44:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575737 times)
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »

I believe what is going on here is going back to square 1, so to speak.  Are there inconsistencies, things that don't make sense, in MB, KK, etc. timelines and/or actions that night?  If so, why?
This below doesn't make sense to me.

KaraK wrote:

1) She very well may have tried to contact me before that. At the time I got her call I'd only shortly before that switched my phone back on because the battery was drained. At the time I actually talked to her I had 1 bar on my phone so it had not been on the charger very long. - And because I'm sure someone will wonder how I remember that it is because we almost immediately went out looking and during the first 30 minutes I had several short calls between me and Melissa just checking in making sure Lindsey hadn't shown up and then I had to drop my phone off at home and charge it because it was already going dead.

KaraK wrote(same post):

2) I can not tell you factually why or even if she waited 20 - 25 minutes to call them all I know is at the time she called me she was outside walking towards my house - so I would assume it was because she fully expected to see her walking up the street or she was still calling around to the other numbers on Lindsey's phone. - I've never seen any actual confirmation though that it was actually 10:50 either because in the time it took me to tell my old man what was going on, get my shoes and coat on and Scott to grab his keys and us to get to her house (a 2 minute drive) she was already waiting for the officer to show up. And I imagine it may have actually been slightly earlier then stated because the McCleary officer that Tacoma dispatch (i believe it was TD) called in had just got off duty and was at home and he lives outside of town and he was there at her house right about 11:00 pm.

So which is it?
KaraK and old man rushed right over to Melissa's house OR they arrived at Melissa's after 30 minutes of searching?

Tracygirl, you could have a point about the fog that overcomes someone in a horrific situation such as MB was that night, but; when you couple it with Karma's post above AND MM telling MB to quit changing stores....I just don't know.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2009, 03:37:44 PM »

Kara made an obvious error, that stricks me as well. Her stories changed from one thing to another. It can't be both! Is one version even correct? Now I don't trust that either. If that doesn't send LE to question, I don't know what will.

I can't say about MB, I didn't see the times changing or the story changing for myself. I don't know if it was just a few minutes here or there or if was such a difference as we see with KK.

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #442 on: September 29, 2009, 03:48:37 PM »

Kara made an obvious error, that stricks me as well. Her stories changed from one thing to another. It can't be both! Is one version even correct? Now I don't trust that either. If that doesn't send LE to question, I don't know what will.

I can't say about MB, I didn't see the times changing or the story changing for myself. I don't know if it was just a few minutes here or there or if was such a difference as we see with KK.

No we can't see if MB's story/timeline has changed because IIRC, it has never been publicized from her directly.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »

Madre I am not sure if that really means anything or not. I have read about cases that the parents make no statements or really give any information.

Remember Sandra Cantu? We all kept asking where her mom was, was she there? Was she at work? Why did Sandra's grandpa pick her up from school? Why didn't she watch Sandra...

With Tori's mom the talk was, she walked out of a lie detector, she can't say where she was, I think at first she didn't really offer any information, she said it had nothing to do with finding her daughter.

I think I am more concerned with what is infront of me already, we have a person tellign 2 different stories about what happened that night and this person is now directly involved in with the search, the mom and whatever else. I have to say, it makes my hinky meter rise. 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »

yes, i am also concerned with karak's different stories... also the fact that MM wanted karak away from MB...

melissa-i understand if you cant elaborate on that, but if you are reading here and could explain any suspicions or other information you have about karak that would be greatly appreciated. if not i totally understand.

also, when my cell phone is charging, it still rings, but then again, thats just me.

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Madre I am not sure if that really means anything or not. I have read about cases that the parents make no statements or really give any information.

Remember Sandra Cantu? We all kept asking where her mom was, was she there? Was she at work? Why did Sandra's grandpa pick her up from school? Why didn't she watch Sandra...

With Tori's mom the talk was, she walked out of a lie detector, she can't say where she was, I think at first she didn't really offer any information, she said it had nothing to do with finding her daughter.

I think I am more concerned with what is infront of me already, we have a person tellign 2 different stories about what happened that night and this person is now directly involved in with the search, the mom and whatever else. I have to say, it makes my hinky meter rise. 

Agree with the hinky meter re KK.  Also, with others as well.  My point was not to necessarily discredit the fact that MB has not had press conferences (like Tori's mom did) or had a spokesperson (as Sandra's mother did, I think), but; that to try to get to the truth, the timelines, stories, behavior need to be analyzed, compared, etc.  In order to do that I believe it would be helpful to know:

MB, 2 eyewitness, and those that were with/saw Lindsey that day and their recollections.  We already have KK and MM's timelines via posts.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »

yes, i am also concerned with karak's different stories... also the fact that MM wanted karak away from MB...

melissa-i understand if you cant elaborate on that, but if you are reading here and could explain any suspicions or other information you have about karak that would be greatly appreciated. if not i totally understand.

also, when my cell phone is charging, it still rings, but then again, thats just me.

My bold....  Another one of those hinky meters.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2009, 04:31:46 PM »

okay, i know this is a very unpopular opinion on this thread but i'm just gonna say it b/c it just crossed through my mind...

what if lb did go home for a min and got a bathing suit or something, and then went out into the woods w/a friend to just hang out and do whatever it is kids do these days...

what if jb followed them out there and a fight ensued and lb got hurt?  maybe mb was sleeping at the time lb came home, and only woke up to find her missing when she heard jb come back in the house?

i don't want to ruffle any feathers b/c i know there are strong opinions on whether its possible jb was involved or not, but at this point, i think anything is possible so i just wanted to put it out there
Oh believe me something like that has entered my mind on more than one occasion 

I really do not think JB is involved in her disappearance.  I don't think he can maintain his attention span long enough to cause harm, and hide all evidence and body in less than 30 minutes.  It was said he was home after being sent home.  I will accept that. 
You are probably correct, I just have had different thoughts go through my head, I have a hard time thinking that if he did, there is no way that he wouldn't have said something by now, imo.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: September 29, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

I am concerned as well, and frankly all that phone talk seemed over the top, crappy phone, phone needed charging, etc..... Something about all that phone talk bothered me. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »

Would love to know why 

My bold....  Another one of those hinky meters.
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

I believe what is going on here is going back to square 1, so to speak.  Are there inconsistencies, things that don't make sense, in MB, KK, etc. timelines and/or actions that night?  If so, why?
This below doesn't make sense to me.

KaraK wrote:

1) She very well may have tried to contact me before that. At the time I got her call I'd only shortly before that switched my phone back on because the battery was drained. At the time I actually talked to her I had 1 bar on my phone so it had not been on the charger very long. - And because I'm sure someone will wonder how I remember that it is because we almost immediately went out looking and during the first 30 minutes I had several short calls between me and Melissa just checking in making sure Lindsey hadn't shown up and then I had to drop my phone off at home and charge it because it was already going dead.

KaraK wrote(same post):

2) I can not tell you factually why or even if she waited 20 - 25 minutes to call them all I know is at the time she called me she was outside walking towards my house - so I would assume it was because she fully expected to see her walking up the street or she was still calling around to the other numbers on Lindsey's phone. - I've never seen any actual confirmation though that it was actually 10:50 either because in the time it took me to tell my old man what was going on, get my shoes and coat on and Scott to grab his keys and us to get to her house (a 2 minute drive) she was already waiting for the officer to show up. And I imagine it may have actually been slightly earlier then stated because the McCleary officer that Tacoma dispatch (i believe it was TD) called in had just got off duty and was at home and he lives outside of town and he was there at her house right about 11:00 pm.

So which is it?
KaraK and old man rushed right over to Melissa's house OR they arrived at Melissa's after 30 minutes of searching?

Tracygirl, you could have a point about the fog that overcomes someone in a horrific situation such as MB was that night, but; when you couple it with Karma's post above AND MM telling MB to quit changing stores....I just don't know.

Hi, Monkeys!  I am a frequent lurker, infrequent poster.

I am wondering why these statements by KK are considered to be conflicting?  First of all, perhaps she was cutting MB some slack by saying she could have called earlier.  If my phone has no charge, it turns off and so it stays off while I charge it.  It wouldn't ring if a call came in.  So KK turns her phone on and MB calls around 10:25.  KK then gets her daughter and while she is asking her for details she is walking outside and looking to see if she sees LB.  KK states that MB is heading towards her house while talking with her and probably calling other numbers, and possibly the police.  MB and KK are calling each other back and forth about the details, KK possibly filling in MB on things her daughter said, where LB could have gone, while walking towards each other.  That could take 30 minutes if you have not panicked yet.  So then, either they meet or see each other and still no Lindsey.  Since KK just was going out to check around her house, expecting to see Lindsey, maybe she didn't have shoes on at that point.  I know I run outside in my bare feet all the time.  Which brings us to KK's second answer.  When neither KK or MB see Lindsey on the path she should have taken home, KK goes inside, drops off her phone and gets her old man.  They then drive to MB who is waiting for the police. 

Am I missing the conflicting statements or is this a plausible scenario?  (And of course, the above is completely hypothetical.)   
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »

karak needs to take a polygraph, there is NO excuse that she shouldnt take one.  if they can get a search warrant to search someones home just b/c they might have answered a question wrong (allegedly), why cant they get a warrant to force karak to take a polygraph if she refuses?

i think everything should be polygraphed again anyway, especially since some time has passed, maybe now all the "inside players" in the case could get caught lying, especially if they are covering for someone
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

not sure what all is going on with the case but, would someone leave their just charged up phone at home when they left? if that is what kara did from the above post by DayOldDonuts....when she got "her old man" and took off for MB's?  I always take my phone with me in the car...but everyone is different...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »

not sure what all is going on with the case but, would someone leave their just charged up phone at home when they left? if that is what kara did from the above post by DayOldDonuts....when she got "her old man" and took off for MB's?  I always take my phone with me in the car...but everyone is different...

maybe I misread..maybe her phone needed to be charged again?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »

I'm stuck on all the phone talk, just like I'm stuck on all the blanket talk with Misty Cummings, just way over the top, can't explain it, just seems very strange 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »

Just popped in for a moment and thought I'd comment real quickly on the issue of polygraphing someone a second time. Repeated polygraphs after an initial polygraph comes back negative for deception are virtually useless. If a person passes the first one, then fails a second one, whose to determine which one is the accurate one?  You can see where I'm going with that, I'm sure. Polygraphs aren't fool-proof. There's a bit of "voo-doo" science in all of them, and they are typically used as tools. They certainly aren't admissible as evidence in court. So there's really nothing to be gained by issuing a second poly after someone passes.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2009, 05:00:45 PM »

maybe I misread..maybe her phone needed to be charged again?

KK stated that her phone had only one bar showing when she was talking to MB, and she took it back in to set on the recharger.  IIRC

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

Thank you for the reply.  This is what I thought she meant:  Her phone is dead.  She puts it in the charger.  It is charging and for whatever reason (she needs to check a contact, whatever) she turns it on while it is charging.  MB's call comes through.  Her phone has charged enough to have one bar and she takes it while walking outside.  She is speaking with MB on and off for the half hour and her phone is going dead again.  So when she goes back inside to get her old man, she puts her phone back in the charger.  It is useless because it has no charge, that is why she wouldn't take it with her in the car.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »

tamiko's mom-

i agree with your viewpoint regarding the search.  i honestly think that when kona wouldn't give her real name to the person in charge of registering people for the searches it may have put up a red flag for that person.  i can kind of understand why because many times perps will insert themselves in investigations (I am NOT saying i think kona or her family has anything to do with this, im simply saying why it might raise a red flag)...

im sure the person who was trying to get kona to give her real name spoke with people about how she thought it was weird that this person didnt give her name, and i wouldn't be suprised if that's what started this. surely locals knew who this person was and then im sure they all started digging deeper into the family...

maybe thats how this whole thing w/kona started?
Which has me questioning why not give your real name.
When you go on those searches you have to show ID.Kona knew this.Besides,JenniferO would surely recognize her more from her screen name than by her real name right?
If you didn't want to give your real name for whatever reasons,maybe just not sign up to search?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

Thank you for the reply.  This is what I thought she meant:  Her phone is dead.  She puts it in the charger.  It is charging and for whatever reason (she needs to check a contact, whatever) she turns it on while it is charging.  MB's call comes through.  Her phone has charged enough to have one bar and she takes it while walking outside.  She is speaking with MB on and off for the half hour and her phone is going dead again.  So when she goes back inside to get her old man, she puts her phone back in the charger.  It is useless because it has no charge, that is why she wouldn't take it with her in the car.

ok...gotcha! thanks for the explanation....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.