March 19, 2024, 12:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575733 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4094886&postcount=163

from jennifer o:

Just wanted to say one thing about the LEs and lack of suspects.

we are dealing with small town America here. Everyone knows everyone (or possibly related in some way) so LEs could be keeping tight lips.

I found out just how small this world actually is today when my son and daughter in law came to help search.

KK and my daughter in law knew each other. KK dated my DILs uncle for many years and KK helped take care of my DILs great grandmother when she was ill. (he was investigated via us and SM a long time ago because he was/is on KKs myspace page- I had no idea it was my DILs uncle as I've never met him. I knew the name was the same but I thought maybe it was just a weird coincidence)

Anyway that kind of put it into perspective today just how small this world is. I can understand why the LEs are being quiet if they have someone in mind or are watching several "someones".
Acck!
All this using initials and hints and clues reminds me of reading at WS lol
Can someone please just say the name and come right out with what you are talking about?
I'm busy trying to figure out what was discussed last night with some poster somewhere being mean and spiteful to someone somewhere.  Monkey Devil!

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4094886&postcount=163

from jennifer o:

Just wanted to say one thing about the LEs and lack of suspects.

we are dealing with small town America here. Everyone knows everyone (or possibly related in some way) so LEs could be keeping tight lips.

I found out just how small this world actually is today when my son and daughter in law came to help search.

KK and my daughter in law knew each other. KK dated my DILs uncle for many years and KK helped take care of my DILs great grandmother when she was ill. (he was investigated via us and SM a long time ago because he was/is on KKs myspace page- I had no idea it was my DILs uncle as I've never met him. I knew the name was the same but I thought maybe it was just a weird coincidence)

Anyway that kind of put it into perspective today just how small this world is. I can understand why the LEs are being quiet if they have someone in mind or are watching several "someones".
Acck!
All this using initials and hints and clues reminds me of reading at WS lol
Can someone please just say the name and come right out with what you are talking about?
I'm busy trying to figure out what was discussed last night with some poster somewhere being mean and spiteful to someone somewhere.  Monkey Devil!

I agree! I am still trying to figure out who that spiteful poster is too! I even read over there and didn't see the snarker...did you?

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »

not sure what all is going on with the case but, would someone leave their just charged up phone at home when they left? if that is what kara did from the above post by DayOldDonuts....when she got "her old man" and took off for MB's?  I always take my phone with me in the car...but everyone is different...

Thank you for the reply.  This is what I thought she meant:  Her phone is dead.  She puts it in the charger.  It is charging and for whatever reason (she needs to check a contact, whatever) she turns it on while it is charging.  MB's call comes through.  Her phone has charged enough to have one bar and she takes it while walking outside.  She is speaking with MB on and off for the half hour and her phone is going dead again.  So when she goes back inside to get her old man, she puts her phone back in the charger.  It is useless because it has no charge, that is why she wouldn't take it with her in the car.

Good summary of time line as we know it, DayOldDonuts

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

welcome, dayolddonuts!

i enjoyed reading your post. i guess it kind of put it in a different perspective. i think she still needs a poly tho!

karma- i agree, if i was in charge of getting the names of searchers and someone told me their screenname instead of their real name, a red flag would go up. i am not justifying the fact that her property was searched, but if that was me, you bet the first thing i would do when i got home is go read all of their online posts by that name,  i think a lot of us would. but that's just me.  i guess i am nosey  again, not justifying her family being targeted as i believe all she was doing was trying to help.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »

Can someone please tell me who JenniferO is talking about here?

Karma Is Coming

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »

Can someone please tell me who JenniferO is talking about here?

They are talking about KaraK's old boyfriend.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »

jennifero is the poster at websleuths that has also been in contact with DD on her forum.  she is a local and has helped out a lot with the search. i have no idea what her intentions are.  at first most of us who read at multiple forums found some of her posts condescending, kind of like a know it all i guess that quickly befriended mb and kk.  i know i was extremely put off by the way she constantly would put down Scared Monkeys forum. it was not until dd made that post on her website at true crime forums that a lot of us realized just how much she was involved in talking behind peoples backs and stuff that are involved with the case. i know people at other forums like insessions have expressed frustration with her as well. 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »

jennifero is the poster at websleuths that has also been in contact with DD on her forum.  she is a local and has helped out a lot with the search. i have no idea what her intentions are.  at first most of us who read at multiple forums found some of her posts condescending, kind of like a know it all i guess that quickly befriended mb and kk.  i know i was extremely put off by the way she constantly would put down Scared Monkeys forum. it was not until dd made that post on her website at true crime forums that a lot of us realized just how much she was involved in talking behind peoples backs and stuff that are involved with the case. i know people at other forums like insessions have expressed frustration with her as well. 

i also wanted to add that she could be a very nice person. she might see the investigation in a different light than some of us do because she has gotten to know mb and kk. i do not know her and have never interacted with her. and again, sometimes poeple come off differnetly than they intend to online, especially to those of us that are sensitive (like myself)... i will say again that i do agree with her concern when kona gave only her screenname when asked.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »

Someone asked a couple of pages back who Tag and Libby are..

I remember their being discussed earlier on in this case.  And with the confusing info at times, it's hard to remember for sure, who is who. 

Yet I'm thinking that *maybe* Tag and Libby are the ones with the swimming pool, where Lindsey swam with friends earlier in the day??  Was it was their daughter that Lindsey had had a falling out with earlier, then got that straightened out enough to be friends again by that afternoon?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please! 

And if all that's true, then is it Tag and Libby's house that Lindsey stopped by, (after going to KK's and before going home), to ask if she could spend the night?  IIRC, the parents said no.  And Lindsey supposedly continued on her way home. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »

I think this is an odd time for MB to be looking for a mate!!   This is also from her Myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/247474600

BlurbsAbout me:
I am a single Mom of 2 beautiful kids a boy and girl. As you may have figured out; My daughter was kidnapped on June 26, 2009. Needless to say, my number 1 priority is finding her and taking care of my son. I would like to thank everyone involved with the search effort for all their hard work and dedication! I truly appreciate it. Everyone, including my doctor are telling me I need some Me time. Easier said then done!! But I could always use some new friends, maybe even an occasional distraction. I am a loyal, honest and faithful woman! I enjoy people and helping those in need. Always up for trying new things. If you have any other questions, just ask me.

Who I'd like to meet:
Hmm?? Where to begin? I've met a lot of great people in my life; especially recently, both famous and not famous. All in all I enjoy meeting good people with good hearts and morals. I would like to meet a man who is kind, loving, loyal and strong. He has to love kids, whether he has his own our not. Family always comes first no matter what! It's hard to meet a good man as a single parent, it's hard to know who you can trust when it comes to your

Thanks AZSunny
I read that a few weeks ago then couldn't find it again.I thought it was very.......odd. 

Karma Is Coming

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

Someone asked a couple of pages back who Tag and Libby are..

I remember their being discussed earlier on in this case.  And with the confusing info at times, it's hard to remember for sure, who is who. 

Yet I'm thinking that *maybe* Tag and Libby are the ones with the swimming pool, where Lindsey swam with friends earlier in the day??  Was it was their daughter that Lindsey had had a falling out with earlier, then got that straightened out enough to be friends again by that afternoon?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please! 

And if all that's true, then is it Tag and Libby's house that Lindsey stopped by, (after going to KK's and before going home), to ask if she could spend the night?  IIRC, the parents said no.  And Lindsey supposedly continued on her way home. 

yup, exactly right. they live at the home she was swimming at. i believe it was their neice that made lb so upset that she didnt even want to go to school
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »

I agree Sunshine! Especially the snarkiness toward our forum.  And the folks over yonder who would then line up and agree.. or not. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »

My husky grandpup just got into town, we are off to the dog park.  BBL

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »

I did find this post I wrote at WS on Monday July 6th so I think you are right and the second witness was reported on the Tues after she went missing:

"I did venture out tonight in my Easter finery at SM and asked KaraK if this person lived on Maple or on the other side of 3rd St. She answered that there were 2 sightings of Lindsay on Maple and that the first of those sightings was the same person that sent Josh home earlier Being as she is one of the last ones to see Lindsay alive I think I can take that as a confirmation".

I aqlso found this article dated July 6th which mentions the second witness: 

" Lindsey Baum is Missing: Washington 10-Year-Old Still Not Found
Police Believe Lindsey Baum was Taken by Someone She Knew
<snipped>
McCleary Police and other authorities now believe that Lindsey Baum was taken or went off with someone she knew. A timeline has been developed and a witness saw the little girl walking about halfway to her destination at around 9:15. Surveillance footage taken from a gas station she would have passed later on the way home does not show her at all. That close to her home, officials believe that she went with someone she knew willingly, otherwise sounds and signs of a struggle would have alerted people in the densely housed area.Lindsey's mother, Melissa, has passed a polygraph test, as has Scott Williams, the father of the child where Lindsey Baum was visiting and one of the last people to see her.

Article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ton.html?cat=8

Thank you Scandi.  So many questions about timeline that day....no concrete answers IMO.

I am still thinking that someone she knew offered her a ride home, and she accepted it. 
She could have went willingly also she could have been tasered.That would be quick and no noise.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »

okay, i know this is a very unpopular opinion on this thread but i'm just gonna say it b/c it just crossed through my mind...

what if lb did go home for a min and got a bathing suit or something, and then went out into the woods w/a friend to just hang out and do whatever it is kids do these days...

what if jb followed them out there and a fight ensued and lb got hurt?  maybe mb was sleeping at the time lb came home, and only woke up to find her missing when she heard jb come back in the house?

i don't want to ruffle any feathers b/c i know there are strong opinions on whether its possible jb was involved or not, but at this point, i think anything is possible so i just wanted to put it out there
I don't know,everyone has said Lindsey was afraid of the dark and didn't like being out in the dark alone.
IMO I'm trying to keep it simple.
Plus 9:30 at night on the streets of McCleary may not be that dark but for sure the surrounding woods are very dark.....and scary.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »

not sure what all is going on with the case but, would someone leave their just charged up phone at home when they left? if that is what kara did from the above post by DayOldDonuts....when she got "her old man" and took off for MB's?  I always take my phone with me in the car...but everyone is different...

Thank you for the reply.  This is what I thought she meant:  Her phone is dead.  She puts it in the charger.  It is charging and for whatever reason (she needs to check a contact, whatever) she turns it on while it is charging.  MB's call comes through.  Her phone has charged enough to have one bar and she takes it while walking outside.  She is speaking with MB on and off for the half hour and her phone is going dead again.  So when she goes back inside to get her old man, she puts her phone back in the charger.  It is useless because it has no charge, that is why she wouldn't take it with her in the car.

ok...gotcha! thanks for the explanation....
Thanks, because I was going crazy with the phone talk, I don't have a cell phone just two good old reliable house phones 
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »

tamiko's mom-

i agree with your viewpoint regarding the search.  i honestly think that when kona wouldn't give her real name to the person in charge of registering people for the searches it may have put up a red flag for that person.  i can kind of understand why because many times perps will insert themselves in investigations (I am NOT saying i think kona or her family has anything to do with this, im simply saying why it might raise a red flag)...

im sure the person who was trying to get kona to give her real name spoke with people about how she thought it was weird that this person didnt give her name, and i wouldn't be suprised if that's what started this. surely locals knew who this person was and then im sure they all started digging deeper into the family...

maybe thats how this whole thing w/kona started?
Which has me questioning why not give your real name.
When you go on those searches you have to show ID.Kona knew this.Besides,JenniferO would surely recognize her more from her screen name than by her real name right?
If you didn't want to give your real name for whatever reasons,maybe just not sign up to search?

According to DD, she did not go to search, she is not physically able to go on searches.  I think she dropped off food.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »

Does anyone know, was JennO a poster on WS prior to this case? I think I had read somewhere she was not. She started posting there to give information on the local pov.

What is funny to me, if there are locals at the search, Kona was known by the locals and equally hated, why did they not know her name?

When I signed up for searches with Sandra I gave my real name and not my screen name. No one knows I am tracygirl and vice versa. I believe in that seperation. Maybe Kona just got that backwards? 

What was the relationship between Kona and Jenn on the boards? Did they get along or argue?

MM wanted MB away from Karak? hmmm, interesting. Any idea of why? I wonder what she feels about Jenn? I think DD posted they were all fighting or something, a lot of back and forth stuff.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »

tamiko's mom-

i agree with your viewpoint regarding the search.  i honestly think that when kona wouldn't give her real name to the person in charge of registering people for the searches it may have put up a red flag for that person.  i can kind of understand why because many times perps will insert themselves in investigations (I am NOT saying i think kona or her family has anything to do with this, im simply saying why it might raise a red flag)...

im sure the person who was trying to get kona to give her real name spoke with people about how she thought it was weird that this person didnt give her name, and i wouldn't be suprised if that's what started this. surely locals knew who this person was and then im sure they all started digging deeper into the family...

When you go on those searches you have to show ID.Kona knew this.Besides,JenniferO would surely recognize her more from her screen name than by her real name right?
If you didn't want to give your real name for whatever reasons,maybe just not sign up to search?

According to DD, she did not go to search, she is not physically able to go on searches.  I think she dropped off food.

again, she did NOT GO THERE TO SEARCH. 
http://truecrime.forums-free.com/what-is-going-on-t1360.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

tamiko's mom-

you know you are right! Yesterday I read a posting from her and she said she couldn't search because of her physical condition, (not a direct quote)
Dropping off food? Well she doesn't have to give her name for that if she doesn't want to. In fact you don't have to give your name to anyone that isn't a LE if you don't care to. If you take into account a wonderful dispostion I can only imagine how she was asked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.