March 19, 2024, 03:27:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575769 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 10:50:57 AM »

seems strange that MB would not even talk to the dog handler if I am reading this right...Why wouldn't she welcome any help?

I don't know, but no matter what kind of grief you are in, one would think you could talk to a person that was there to help 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2009, 10:52:08 AM »

thanks jademoff for clearing up how at least SOME OF THE RUMORS are getting out there.  People are just running in a frenzy.  This is getting dangerous for Kona and her family. 

I would hope the police are also out there and sand creek pond seeing why someone took a car out there last night and set it on fire.  It might be nothing, but again, it might have been someone trying to destroy evidence inside a vehicle

Could the burning of the car-taken to that location- have been a 'warning' for the family??  Scary stuff....and as Madibabe said, lots of hot heads out there.....with a redneck mentality.
     At this point who knows ? 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:26 AM »

seems strange that MB would not even talk to the dog handler if I am reading this right...Why wouldn't she welcome any help?

I don't know, but no matter what kind of grief you are in, one would think you could talk to a person that was there to help 

I agree!  At least to be gracious and say thank you for helping.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »

I am confused.  Maybe it will make sense tomorrow.

I am off.

Janet

++++++++

Name:  KONAMOCHA
Position:  Scared Monkey
Date Registered:  September 02, 2009, 02:20:45 AM
Last Active:  September 25, 2009, 03:55:31 AM

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=7091

++++++

FIRST POST AT SCARED MONKEYS

KONAMOCHA
Re: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 -
« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »

Harry Oakes appears to be well trained. 

Did the Baum family hire him to come to Mccleary to search ?

I sure hope so !   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg935349#msg935349

SECOND POST AT SCARED MONKEYS

KONAMOCHA
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg936373#msg936373

Janet, you are so sharp.  I am confused as well.  Every time I think I understand, I find out I don't.  Keep up the great work.  Can't wait til your next post.  shortcake

Janet,  I am confused as well regarding Kona's post on 9/7.  If what DD tells us is true, Kona was the first person to contact HO and ask him to come and search for Lindsey.  Why would she ask if the family hired him to come search?  This web is getting more and more confusing.   Then the next day 9/8 she indicates there was a contract signed and could only discuss his findings with FBI and LE.  Who did he sign a contract with.  Clearly MB did not want him there.

MB DID NOT WANT HO THERE AND SHE DID NOT WANT TEXAS EQUISEARCH THERE.....WHY????? 

MB's sister Amanda is the one who ended up requesting the services for HO to come and bring his dogs to search for Lindsey.  It had to be LE or a family member.  Kona is the one who first contacted HO and asked him to come help.  Kona could not sign a request for services because she was not a family member, but Kona is the one who got the ball rolling and got this in place for Amanda, without the permission of MB.  HO was at the house at least 4 times and NEVER did MB introduce herself, say hi, thank you, or ask any questions to see how the search was going nor offer any information to help HO.  Kona was doing her best to make sure HO came up, and after HO came up and was searching Kona was trying to tell the police about HO but they would not listen. Seems no one wants to listen to HO, rather they want to focus on someone people are mad at.  This is really beyond 'out of hand'.

DD ... why are people "mad" at Kona (family) and who are these people?

While not undermining the LE search ... the two neighbours who were interviewed by the media upheld the family.

Janet

++++++

Search Warrants Served In Missing Girl Case
Posted: 11:42 am PDT September 25, 2009
Updated: 6:37 pm PDT September 25, 2009

Neighbors said they don’t think police will find a thing.

"I just think they've got the wrong family. I'm sure they've got some sort of evidence or something, but I'm sure they've got the wrong family," said one neighbor who did not give his name.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21116315/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »

I do not know this poster and ... without backup would most likely disregard his/her words but ... according to DD ... a search warrant issued this past weekend in the Lindsey Baum case listing a floral bathing suit implies ... in my opinion ... some connection.  However ... considering the quad/three wheeler witness states that Lindsey was wearing her bathing suit ... not jeans and a hoodie ... I do not believe the sighting on the quad/three wheeler took place after 9:30 PM on the evening of June 26, 2009.

Janet

++++++

07-01-2009, 11:29 AM

... I had heard from a friend who works at the ORV park that someone thinks they saw Lindsey on one of the trails in Capital Forest on Saturday wearing a pink floral bathing suit and with a man on a quad or 3 wheeler. My friend said they've been doing searches in that area and checking every vehicle coming in and out as best they can.

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15126&page=16

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MelissaMcCann
Scared Monkey

One of the reasons I was born

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

a couple things I can answer......

MB had never met kona or her family and has no beef with her

MB didnt turn down assistance from texas equisearch group. she was in contact with them via phone and when she metioned that LRC was going to come up, TE said they would hold off and let LRC take charge.

HO was discredited by LE and MB was told it was her choice to use him if she wanted. When your child goes missing, I believe youre going to listen to what LE tells you because you dont know any differently. Its not that she didnt want and or appreciate any additional help.

As for JB, LJ, and MK all walking with out knowing who would spend the night where ect,,, this was a common occurrance for jb and JL to walk MK home so she didnt walk alone and then they would back together.  If LJ had stayed over then JB being a 12 yr old boy coming back home alone the short distance wasnt such a big deal.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »

AZ, I remember reading somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) that MB defended the Bart woman and her help by saying she would welcome anyone who was trying to help find her daughter.  I think JessStar also indicated that LRC may not even be coming back. 
I had hoped and prayed this would be the weekend Lindsey would be brought home.  If not yesterday, maybe today.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 11:28:14 AM »

Thanks DD for the iformation about the bathing suit.  I have been reaserching and when I returned the pitch forks were out and there is going to be a hanging.  I hate to even bring this up with everybody ready to attack, but the floral bathing suit(pink)came up earlier.  I have no idea if any connection, but if you can bump up first thread reply #612 by Deenie on 7/2.  It states there was a search at the orv park because someone seen a small girl dressed in a pink floral bathing suit on a quad with a man around there.  Nothing came of it.  The caretaker fired is still around the area.  For what it is worth.  Please don't jump all over this guy,  but he makes me creepy(not easy).  shortcake 

Hi Shortcake,  I thought this man who assumed the caretaker duties at the ORV park that was found to have an outstanding warrant from the Midwest and was shipped out of Montesano to the Midwest.  We did learn his name and I called back there and he had arrived and was living in town there, out on bond.

I hope I haven't confused this man with some SO. I'll call Montesano in the morning to see who the guy was they sent back there for the outstanding warrant.  No rocks please if I am wrong.  I am a 'lil old lady so weak from sitting at this 'puter I can't even get up now.   
Hi Scandi  We all assumed the ORV caretaker was arrested and sent back to Wisconsin(I think) because of an outstanding warrant.  Three sources have told me they have seen him in the last three weeks.  I believe them.  They are reliable.  So I think Montesano arrested someone fitting the description of the caretaker and everyone jumped to conclusions.  Easy to do here?  Or maybe he came back??  I do believe him to be in the McCleary area.  Now he may have nothing to do with this at all, but I have talked to this caretaker person early on and if I ever see him again I will tell him exactly how he made me feel.  Either he is a nut or he may know something.  Probably a nut and harmless.  I don't know.  Just know the LE searched for a couple of days out at the park and the tip was Lindsey in a pink floral bathing suit.  I kinda dismissed the incident because of the bathing suit sighting.  Who thought she may have been wearing a bathing suit.  Now it makes me wonder.  Maybe someone(like DD) can investigate in more depth and put my mind at ease and clear this guy.  Just asking questions, not accusing.  shortcake

Thanks Shortcake,  Amazing  LOL and I appreciate the info.  Maybe by the time I get home tonight there will be happy news that Lindsey has been found.  xox
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »

MB didnt turn down assistance from texas equisearch group. she was in contact with them via phone and when she metioned that LRC was going to come up, TE said they would hold off and let LRC take charge.

HO was discredited by LE and MB was told it was her choice to use him if she wanted. When your child goes missing, I believe youre going to listen to what LE tells you because you dont know any differently. Its not that she didnt want and or appreciate any additional help.

As for JB, LJ, and MK all walking with out knowing who would spend the night where ect,,, this was a common occurrance for jb and JL to walk MK home so she didnt walk alone and then they would back together.  If LJ had stayed over then JB being a 12 yr old boy coming back home alone the short distance wasnt such a big deal.
So Kayla always had Josh and Lindsey to walk her home so she wouldn't be alone.
Why then was it ok for Lindsey to walk home alone from Kayla's?
I know Melissa thought Lindsey was staying over night at Kayla's but she wasn't for sure.
Why didn't  Melissa at least try and call Kara to make absolutely sure Lindsey was staying and would not be walking home alone.....especially if/when Josh walked in the house by 9:30 without Lindsey?
But Melissa really should have called over to Kara's when she got that text message from her friend(same witness that saw Lindsey walking home from Kara's)saying she was breaking up a fight and sending Lindsey home.
Melissa,do you know who this witness is?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »

Hi Scandi  We all assumed the ORV caretaker was arrested and sent back to Wisconsin(I think) because of an outstanding warrant.  Three sources have told me they have seen him in the last three weeks.  I believe them.  They are reliable.  So I think Montesano arrested someone fitting the description of the caretaker and everyone jumped to conclusions.  Easy to do here?  Or maybe he came back??  I do believe him to be in the McCleary area.  Now he may have nothing to do with this at all, but I have talked to this caretaker person early on and if I ever see him again I will tell him exactly how he made me feel.  Either he is a nut or he may know something.  Probably a nut and harmless.  I don't know.  Just know the LE searched for a couple of days out at the park and the tip was Lindsey in a pink floral bathing suit.  I kinda dismissed the incident because of the bathing suit sighting.  Who thought she may have been wearing a bathing suit.  Now it makes me wonder.  Maybe someone(like DD) can investigate in more depth and put my mind at ease and clear this guy.  Just asking questions, not accusing.  shortcake

The caretaker?  Another possible person of interest.  Thanks Shortcake.

My unpopular position with many on this forum regarding the possible implication of  Josh Baum ... as a person of interest in the the process of elimination ... did sway for a period of time this weekend but ... I have regained my balance.

Unless it is revealed otherwise ... I will continue to ask myself the following questions regarding Lindsey Baum's disappearance:

1.  Following the witness sighting at 5th and Maple ... within a very short distance from home ... is it possible that an impulsive action by someone close to Lindsey unintentionally ... in the act of wrongdoing ... caused her death?

- Did Lindsey stop at the Shell Station to retrieve her bike and there met with foul play?
- Did Lindsey make it home and it was there that something went terribly wrong?

2.  In a sincere attempt to protect a loved one  ... is it possible assistance outside the family to cover up was requested and provided?

3.  Considering there have been no arrests ... could there be underlying legal issues  encompassing the interrogation of an underage person of interest when there is no substantiating evidence that implies the existence of a felony? 

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »

I am confused.  Maybe it will make sense tomorrow.

I am off.

Janet

++++++++

Name:  KONAMOCHA
Position:  Scared Monkey
Date Registered:  September 02, 2009, 02:20:45 AM
Last Active:  September 25, 2009, 03:55:31 AM

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=7091

++++++

FIRST POST AT SCARED MONKEYS

KONAMOCHA
« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »

Harry Oakes appears to be well trained. 

Did the Baum family hire him to come to Mccleary to search ?

I sure hope so !   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg935349#msg935349

SECOND POST AT SCARED MONKEYS

KONAMOCHA
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg936373#msg936373

Janet, you are so sharp.  I am confused as well.  Every time I think I understand, I find out I don't.  Keep up the great work.  Can't wait til your next post.  shortcake

Janet,  I am confused as well regarding Kona's post on 9/7.  If what DD tells us is true, Kona was the first person to contact HO and ask him to come and search for Lindsey.  Why would she ask if the family hired him to come search?  This web is getting more and more confusing.   Then the next day 9/8 she indicates there was a contract signed and could only discuss his findings with FBI and LE.  Who did he sign a contract with.  Clearly MB did not want him there.

MB DID NOT WANT HO THERE AND SHE DID NOT WANT TEXAS EQUISEARCH THERE.....WHY????? 

MB's sister Amanda is the one who ended up requesting the services for HO to come and bring his dogs to search for Lindsey.  It had to be LE or a family member.  Kona is the one who first contacted HO and asked him to come help.  Kona could not sign a request for services because she was not a family member, but Kona is the one who got the ball rolling and got this in place for Amanda, without the permission of MB.  HO was at the house at least 4 times and NEVER did MB introduce herself, say hi, thank you, or ask any questions to see how the search was going nor offer any information to help HO.  Kona was doing her best to make sure HO came up, and after HO came up and was searching Kona was trying to tell the police about HO but they would not listen. Seems no one wants to listen to HO, rather they want to focus on someone people are mad at.  This is really beyond 'out of hand'.

The question is "Why was Melissa Baum not supportive of a Harry Oakes or TES search?"

Hey ... both Oakes and TES offered to conduct searches at no cost to Melissa ... all she had to do was request assistance.

Janet

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »

I know Melissa thought Lindsey was staying over night at Kayla's but she wasn't for sure.
Why didn't  Melissa at least try and call Kara to make absolutely sure Lindsey was staying and would not be walking home alone.....especially if/when Josh walked in the house by 9:30 without Lindsey?
But Melissa really should have called over to Kara's when she got that text message from her friend(same witness that saw Lindsey walking home from Kara's)saying she was breaking up a fight and sending Lindsey home.

Sorry,meant to say:
But Melissa really should have called over to Kara's when she got that text message from her friend(same witness that saw Lindsey walking home from Kara's)saying she was breaking up a fight and sending Josh home.Also,Melissa knew there was a possibility that Lindsey would be walking home alone. 

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:32 AM »

Sorry,meant to say:
But Melissa really should have called over to Kara's when she got that text message from her friend(same witness that saw Lindsey walking home from Kara's)saying she was breaking up a fight and sending Josh home.Also,Melissa knew there was a possibility that Lindsey would be walking home alone. 
Good Lord I kinda screwed that all up.Melissa thought Lindsey and Kayla would be walking back to her house because she didn't know the girls had changed plans for the night.
Bottom line,there was still a possibility that Lindsey would be walking home alone that night.Melissa should have called Kara the minute she got that text message.

Karma Is Coming

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »

AZ, I remember reading somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) that MB defended the Bart woman and her help by saying she would welcome anyone who was trying to help find her daughter.  I think JessStar also indicated that LRC may not even be coming back. 
I had hoped and prayed this would be the weekend Lindsey would be brought home.  If not yesterday, maybe today.

Sister, MB posted at Insessions and was adamant defending her position (re M. Bart) that she would take ANY HELP she could get in locating Lindsey.  Soooooo... we have MM saying that MB  REJECTED Harry Oates and his help (because of LE?!?!?!)  but  AOK with M. BART?!?!  You've got to be kidding me. 

Also,  I guess HO's reputation will just be another casualty of this case.  But yet M.Bart is AOK?!?!? What is wrong with this picture?

Also, it was mentioned to MB to contact TES only weeks after Lindsey went missing....especially since it didn't appear there was any searches to speak of going on.   So I guess I can either take MM's explanation at face value............or not.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »

I have heard that Melissa B is bi-polar. I am not putting this out there to be mean, just to give another angle as to why Melissa B may not have acted as we would in many situations that have come up regarding this entire case. Having known someone off and on for years who is bi-polar, most of Melissa B's actions have not been surprising to me. They are not always the most responsible parents and they can suffer EXTREME highs and lows. The key is for the person to be on the right medications. This does not always happen. When the depression hits, they can be bed-ridden for days. They can appear unkept, their houses can become filthy and their children can run amuck without much supervision. Having said this, there are those who are bi-polar, who are on the correct medications who can function so well, that one would never know that said person may have suffered with this horrible illness. Then you add Josh to this mix. He has troubles of his own and Melissa B gets NO SUPPORT from Josh's father. Then you add the fact that Melissa B now has a child that has been missing for 3 months. Personally, I would be a complete basket case. I am not saying whether Melissa B did or did not have any sort of involvement with regards to this case. At this point, with all that has occured, anything is possible. I am just trying to give a different perspective.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »

http://www.helium.com/items/1407307-good-parenting-with-bipolar-disorder-is-possible This is an interesting article from a woman who is a bi-polar parent.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »

Melissa M ... consider your words prior to posting.

If ... as you claim ... Josh Baum went home following the argument as instructed by a family friend ... Melissa Baum would have known there was a possibility that Lindsey would be walking home alone.

Melissa M ... which is it.  Was Josh home with Mom or ... was he not home when Lindsey left the Kampen/Williams residence between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM?

Janet

+++++

MelissaMcCann
« Reply #1450 on: September 26, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

whomever asked about jb being home (maybe that was janet) when lindsey disappeared, yes he was home. that has been stated at some point in time.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg959312#msg959312

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

I have heard that Melissa B is bi-polar. I am not putting this out there to be mean, just to give another angle as to why Melissa B may not have acted as we would in many situations that have come up regarding this entire case. Having known someone off and on for years who is bi-polar, most of Melissa B's actions have not been surprising to me. They are not always the most responsible parents and they can suffer EXTREME highs and lows. The key is for the person to be on the right medications. This does not always happen. When the depression hits, they can be bed-ridden for days. They can appear unkept, their houses can become filthy and their children can run amuck without much supervision. Having said this, there are those who are bi-polar, who are on the correct medications who can function so well, that one would never know that said person may have suffered with this horrible illness. Then you add Josh to this mix. He has troubles of his own and Melissa B gets NO SUPPORT from Josh's father. Then you add the fact that Melissa B now has a child that has been missing for 3 months. Personally, I would be a complete basket case. I am not saying whether Melissa B did or did not have any sort of involvement with regards to this case. At this point, with all that has occured, anything is possible. I am just trying to give a different perspective.
I appreciate that, my younger daughter is bi-polar, and finally on the right meds.  But Kara is she bi-polar or something, she should have walked Lindsey home, I know that my husband or I would have walked one of my daughter's friends home under the circumstances, and many other people would have also. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »

Melissa M ... are we to believe that Melissa Baum was concerning about Kayla walking home alone but ... this mother was not concern about Lindsey until the 10:00 PM curfew had passed.

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

MelissaMcCann
« Reply #1450 on: September 26, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

whomever asked about jb being home (maybe that was janet) when lindsey disappeared, yes he was home. that has been stated at some point in time. (So my question is if he came home, shouldn't Melissa B have called over to Kara's and asked is Lindsey staying over or walking home? And if she said walking home, she should have went there and walked her home. Bottom line, someone should have walked a 10 year old home since it was getting dark.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.