March 18, 2024, 09:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 5 9/28/09 - 10/4/09  (Read 575694 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: October 01, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »

yipes, sorry Jade, I posted in your box.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »

Did anyone get a chance or want to read "Did Lindsey Get Hurt in the Woods?" by DD?  I didn't get any response to that when I posted it before, so I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this theory.

yes a few days ago i posted a link over there and no one responded either. i think its a very plausible theory and a good read

I agree with you both!!  A very good theory, IMO. 

...and then I wonder about this .....  Please Monkeys, don't throw nanners.  I am not accusing a mother, a child, or anyone else for that matter...just thinking.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5994.msg963954#msg963954

Post #601.  (Sorry I don't know how to copy photos over.)
I know this sticks with me as well. What do you think of the story he was sleep walking and fell ioff a loft,  hitting a pic which broke and this was a cut from glass? Bothers me...just bothers me. I wrote about this yesterday, no one responded but I am curious to know what others think of the story.
A loft has to have a railing, it is code in almost every state I can think of. They are usually about 7 feet off the ground at least, most times more. he would have had to flip over the rail landing I suppose on a table which knocked down the pic? I can't figure out how you knock a pic off at the same time as you are falling and the glass has enough time to break and you fall on it, gravity and all, so I am guessing he fell onto a table. Unless his arm twisted, I don't see how a cut would get a curve to it.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

oh my they are sooo cute!

Oh my gosh, a whole new collection!! what fun!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »

I used the SM search engine and ... this appears to be the only past post submitted to the forum on Ricky Self.

Janet

++++

doubledecker
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #1750 on: July 28, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

bb in a bit, have some chores still to do ugh.  then I will get the SELF stuff all organized and see if the Ricky Self is connected, which I am sure he is.  Maybe he was on 6th and Larson?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg892101;topicseen#msg892101

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: October 01, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »

Did anyone get a chance or want to read "Did Lindsey Get Hurt in the Woods?" by DD?  I didn't get any response to that when I posted it before, so I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this theory.

yes a few days ago i posted a link over there and no one responded either. i think its a very plausible theory and a good read

...and then I wonder about this .....  Please Monkeys, don't throw nanners.  I am not accusing a mother, a child, or anyone else for that matter...just thinking.

I know this sticks with me as well. What do you think of the story he was sleep walking and fell ioff a loft,  hitting a pic which broke and this was a cut from glass? Bothers me...just bothers me. I wrote about this yesterday, no one responded but I am curious to know what others think of the story.
A loft has to have a railing, it is code in almost every state I can think of. They are usually about 7 feet off the ground at least, most times more. he would have had to flip over the rail landing I suppose on a table which knocked down the pic? I can't figure out how you knock a pic off at the same time as you are falling and the glass has enough time to break and you fall on it, gravity and all, so I am guessing he fell onto a table. Unless his arm twisted, I don't see how a cut would get a curve to it.

He had it on his myspace page for a while, it has been taken down.  His mother said he was away with family, including aunts . . . but one of his aunts asked him on his myspace how he did it.  It was also stated by his mother that a doctor sewed his arm.  Ouch! I sure hope not.  Someone, I can't recall who, said they were going to go look at his arm and see the scar (as some said it looked like his leg with his pants rolled up).

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: October 01, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »

Which is it?

Janet.
_____

KOMO NEWS - SEPTEMBER 29, 2009

KOMO News has learned the young man was working at the Bee Hive Retirement Center at the time of the 11-year-old girl's disappearance. The girl was last seen in front of the center.

The man's family members and his next-door neighbor say he was at home when the girl vanished.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/62753227.html

This kinda does go back to what shortcake is saying. Because no one really knows the exact time that Lindsey came up missing. It is an estimated guess within an hour. Since investigators didn't mark anything as looking suspcious SO FAR doesn't mean they won't find something that is on the nose. I will keep an open mind, but so far, I don't believe them to be involved.

Jademoff

I see what you mean.  The words could be taken two ways.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: October 01, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »

I agree we should question this.  That is why I was asking how old this boy is.  I am told 13.  So that is older than Josh, and Lindsey was at his home last.  It may not be a red flag, but it is certainly a pink flag!! The only person that has said how he got this owie is his mother. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #927 on: October 01, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »

And don't you think that if you fell off of a loft, perhaps a bone or two might get broken, or something more seriously, of he is one lucky kid 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »

I used the SM search engine and ... this appears to be the only past post submitted to the forum on Ricky Self.

Janet

++++

doubledecker
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #1750 on: July 28, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

bb in a bit, have some chores still to do ugh.  then I will get the SELF stuff all organized and see if the Ricky Self is connected, which I am sure he is.  Maybe he was on 6th and Larson?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg892101;topicseen#msg892101

If this is the one I am thinking of, we found his myspace page and there was a picture of him there with his little girl, and lots of gushing about the beautiful child. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »

<snipped>

I have been talking to DD and she and I have had some convo's about Kylar Kampens wound.I have his photo of his wound and have it dated as he put it on Mypace which was 7/8/09. He himself put the photo on myspace.
This last weekend I showed the photo to My Mom. She knows nothing of anything within Lindsey or what the photo was .. I asked her What do you see?
She said first - OMG! Who stitched that ?? 2nd out her mouth was those are Fisherman Knots and Third was that is Horrifying. Then I said Ma, its a 12 yr old Boy. She got all upset and Said Where was his Parents? I asked her What would cause this type of wound? She who grew up on a Farm and was practically a Farm hand for her parents .. born in 1944. She said That to me looks like a Wound caused by being Caught on Barbed Wire. She said who ever stitched that is not a Doctor by any means. Those are Fisherman Knots with basic Coat thread.

Then she said that poor kid to be caught in the Leg. She said that must have hurt like hell.
Now Monkeys it was said to be his inner arm. I thought possibly was his Calf .. my Ma took one look without " knowing anything" and said that is his Thigh - upper thigh towards the back of his leg with the shorts folded up.
This is the original photo - I have done nothing to it.

I flipped it and this is what it looks like - which I believe to be straight up not sideways.

Sorry the photos are so big - But I think it needs to be so you can see the depth and the perception of the wound itself. The Date too is important. 7/8/09.

Thanks Deenie.  I was looking for those pictures a while back.  As far as I can determine Shorty's myspace no longer exists.

Janet

++++++

Deenie
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1754 on: July 09, 2009, 12:24:47 AM »

OMG OUCH .....................

damn I know this Hurt.

Shorty's new Pic on his Myspace  - I don't know about you ..but that looks likes a home stitch job ..  That is a deep wound.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=445914790&albumID=651867&imageID=12140170

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870820#msg870820

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=445914790&albumID=651867&imageID=12140170

KaraK
« Reply #1758 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:57 AM »

Heck no! I couldn't of handled that. He went with family (Grandma, Grandpa, aunts etc) to a cabin for fourth of July and slept walked over the railing of the loft - knocked down a picture frame on his way down and then landed on it. They drove him home to me and we took him to the local hospital - looked gory but it was apparently not deep but filleted **gross**. Ended up with 18 stitches and not allowed to ever sleep in the loft again.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870836;topicseen#msg870836

BUMPED

_____

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #930 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »

Honestly, Tracygirl, I didn't respond to your post because I didn't know how to say what I was thinking diplomatically.  I'm a newbie poster, long time lurker, and emotions are running high on this board.  Sometimes, it seems sleuthing vs. appearing to judge those close to this case is a very fine line.  Along those lines, I would say to any family member of a missing child, do not come and read the crime boards.  It will not be productive for you and IMO you have better things to do in your quest to find your missing child.  I also hope that those that do read these boards would not tell said family members what is being said here about them.  It's just SOP for any missing child investigation.  Again, you start out with family and once cleared, move outwards.  It's not a pretty sight and it can be cruel. 

As far as KK's son wound.  I do not think any of this story makes sense.  The accident vs. the wound does not jive to me.  The stitch job absolutely is a malpractice suit if a Dr. did it, IMO.  I do not think a licensed medical professional stitched that wound up.  Kara's family left the cabin and took her son home 1st before taking him to the hospital, that doesn't make sense to me as well.  However, there maybe an explanation for that part of the story, I don't know.  This pic was posted by the son approx. 1 week after Lindsey's disappearance.  I have shown the pics to a R.N. friend of mine who after cringing, told me no way a medical professional did that stitch job.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: October 01, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »

Thanks Karma....it is very confusing!! Why didn't they just say "mr self, a resident of the BeeHive"....LOL   So does the Mayor live very close to the BeeHive?
Going by the map it looks like the Mayor lives directly across the street from the BeeHive.Mayor may live in a corner house,corner of Maple and 6th streets,north side.

Also,when the Mayor was quoted in the paper I got the impression(when he was talking about all of the kids out playing)that he saw the kids outside earlier when he got home from the employee party.I didn't get the impression he was talking about seeing the kids at 9-9:30 or so.

Mr. Self  does not live at the Beehive.  He has a home on the corner of 6th & Maple, as does Mr. Bentley.  They are across the street (Maple Street) from each other.  Both of their houses face 6th street, & Mr. Bentley's faces the Beehive. which is between 6th street & 7th street.  The Beehive takes up the whole block.
Thank you for the info HeidisMom.
So Mr Self's house is on the same side of street as the BeeHive correct?
Do you know if he has a relative(son?)named Ricky?

Mr Self is a preacher at one of the churches in town. And Mr. Bentley..... is this a father or grandfather to the Mr. Bentley that was killed in a car accident about 5 years ago?

Bump

more info on Ricky Self

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: October 01, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »

none of those photo's were taken the weeks before she disappeared and her nails had grown, she would go through phases

i will look at SK's arm to see if there is a scar from that wound

BUMPED

_____

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »

I agree, no Doctor handle those stitches.  It must be one heck of a scar.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: October 01, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »

Thanks Karma....it is very confusing!! Why didn't they just say "mr self, a resident of the BeeHive"....LOL   So does the Mayor live very close to the BeeHive?
Going by the map it looks like the Mayor lives directly across the street from the BeeHive.Mayor may live in a corner house,corner of Maple and 6th streets,north side.

Also,when the Mayor was quoted in the paper I got the impression(when he was talking about all of the kids out playing)that he saw the kids outside earlier when he got home from the employee party.I didn't get the impression he was talking about seeing the kids at 9-9:30 or so.

Mr. Self  does not live at the Beehive.  He has a home on the corner of 6th & Maple, as does Mr. Bentley.  They are across the street (Maple Street) from each other.  Both of their houses face 6th street, & Mr. Bentley's faces the Beehive. which is between 6th street & 7th street.  The Beehive takes up the whole block.
Thank you for the info HeidisMom.
So Mr Self's house is on the same side of street as the BeeHive correct?
Do you know if he has a relative(son?)named Ricky?

Mr Self is a preacher at one of the churches in town. And Mr. Bentley..... is this a father or grandfather to the Mr. Bentley that was killed in a car accident about 5 years ago?

Bump

more info on Ricky Self

Yikes..now i'm not sure if this post is regarding Ricky Self or a different Self....sorry

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »

That wound is not even sutured closed.  I can not believe that a doctor did those stitches.  In my mind, no way.  I still want to know how old this child is?>?>?

KaraK
« Reply #1795 on: July 09, 2009, 03:13:01 AM »

I am no Dr and I never dug but he does take medication for some condition - more mental than physical. He is not what kids would call "cool" and strikes you as being younger than he actually is if you talk to him. He came over a few times and we'd talk about something and he'd start jabbering about something completely off topic - when we were all out looking for Lindsey I was trying to talk to him about where we'd already looked and he just wanted to know if my son could come over the next day. So I guess you could say unfocused.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871046;topicseen#msg871046

++++++++++

KarmaRoundUp
« Reply #1580 on: July 07, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

Is there a reason Josh did not hang out with your son(or did he?)because they are about the same age?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868973#msg868973

KaraK
« Reply #1600 on: July 08, 2009, 01:36:01 AM »

Two very different groups I guess you'd say. Every now and again they'd hang out for a few if everyone else they knew was doing something else but my son is a little skater/ biker that hangs out with kids usually who enjoy the same. Josh is more the fishing, playing video games type of kid.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg869256;topicseen#msg869256

BUMPED

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:48 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer who tonight, in about 20 minutes:
www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #937 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »

I agree we should question this.  That is why I was asking how old this boy is.  I am told 13.  So that is older than Josh, and Lindsey was at his home last.  It may not be a red flag, but it is certainly a pink flag!! The only person that has said how he got this owie is his mother. 

Well.. I wasn't gonna touch the owie pic and it's possibilities with a ten-foot pole... but.. (ya knew that was coming, right?) 

I did a similiar thing as Deenie, just showed the pic to a nurse friend of mine.  Didn't say who it was or anything about it, just said I wanted her opinion on a wound.  Showed the pic, and before I could ask or say anything about it, she said, 'OMG who stitched that up?'  I said that I heard a doctor did, and she said nooooooooooo way, that's a home job, and a horrid one at that!  She was very concerned for infection that might set in, etc.   And then I said something like, 'It's gonna leave an awful scar on his arm'.  She said... "Arm??"  <then chuckled at me>  and said, "Uhhhh that's a leg, not an arm, you nut."  And she then said that wound should have been glued closed, not stitched.  That's how her clinic would have handled it. 

Sooooooooooo... I really dunno what to believe about anything in this case anymore.  I really don't.     

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #938 on: October 01, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »

He had it on his myspace page for a while, it has been taken down.  His mother said he was away with family, including aunts . . . but one of his aunts asked him on his myspace how he did it.  It was also stated by his mother that a doctor sewed his arm.  Ouch! I sure hope not.  Someone, I can't recall who, said they were going to go look at his arm and see the scar (as some said it looked like his leg with his pants rolled up).

Sister, thanks for the info.  I did not know that one of his aunts asked him how he got that wound.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #939 on: October 01, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »

Are there any medical professionals here that can determine approx. how old that wound looks?  Also, does anyone remember the date it was taken or posted on his Myspace?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.