March 28, 2024, 03:44:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easywriter's story  (Read 10019 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 26, 2006, 10:44:16 AM »

Easywriter:  Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry. Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

“What? What? I’m coming!”

Latches on the paneled door begin to flip and twist as….

Mrs. Red: the rain begins to pound the porch in buckets of hard driving force. She frantically begins to pound harder on the door, while sobs rack her body...

CBB: and sap her consciousness. With no warning, the barrier between the present and what will inevitably be, yields with an thud, as she tumbles down, vaguely aware of falling, spiraling down,  to the dry wood floor in a wet silent heap.[/quote]

Mrs. Red:  suddenly, the rain stops as quickly as it began leaving the smell of earth mixed with steam, smelling like the perspiration of him the only man that could make her
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Easywriter:  Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry. Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

Mrs. Red: the rain begins to pound the porch in buckets of hard driving force. She frantically begins to pound harder on the door, while sobs rack her body...

CBB: and sap her consciousness. With no warning, the barrier between the present and what will inevitably be, yields with an thud, as she tumbles down, vaguely aware of falling, spiraling down,  to the dry wood floor in a wet silent heap.[/quote]

Mrs. Red:  suddenly, the rain stops as quickly as it began leaving the smell of earth mixed with steam, smelling like the perspiration of him the only man that could make her

heart leap with joy one minute and angry beyonds words the next.  She wished she hadn't needed to see him, talk to him in this torrential rain storm, but she didn't know who else to turn to after what she had just seen.
had just witnessed was beyond
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:37:40 PM »

Oops made a boo boo, now corrected.
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "klaasend"

heart leap with joy one minute and angry beyonds words the next.  She wished she hadn't needed to see him, talk to him in this torrential rain storm, but she didn't know who else to turn to after what she had just seen.  What she had just witnessed was beyond
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »

What she had just witnessed was beyond the washed-out farm track. She could not go there alone through the torrent of muddy water. Panic swelled inside her as she wondered how she would....

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »

Water dripped from the eve of the house and splashed against the gray concrete.  The swing on the front porch slowly moved backward and forward.  The creaking sound was almost musical and seemed to echo across an unusually still sky.

“Baby, Baby!”

“Yes, Mom.”

“Come inside, Baby.”
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »

"In a minute..."

Sighing, she turned from the screen door shaking her head.  Her long, gray-peppered chestnut hair swayed from side to side matching the movement of her hips as she glided across the room.  She remembered the pain of new love, and her heart yearned to comfort her daughter.  If only she could hold her and tell her it really would be all right--someday, it would be all right.  

But there would be none of that tonight.  Straightening her shoulders, she turned her attention to the evening meal and the waiting chores, always conscious of the soft creaking of the porch swing.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 10:21:27 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Water dripped from the eve of the house and splashed against the gray concrete.  The swing on the front porch slowly moved backward and forward.  The creaking sound was almost musical and seemed to echo across an unusually still sky.

“Baby, Baby!”

“Yes, Mom.”

“Come inside, Baby.”

"But Mom!" Baby whined, managing to sound at once like a child and the sultry young woman she would soon become. "It's so dang hot in that old house, why don't you come out here where there is at least something besides the smell of pledge and bacon."

Wiping a stray curl from her forehead, still quite attractive despite the hardships and pain, she nevertheless had been beaten down by the constant battering against her soul....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »

OMG Exclamation

You all are writing a story with Easy Exclamation

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 11:45:54 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Easywriter"

“Baby, Baby!”

“Yes, Mom.”

“Come inside, Baby.”

"But Mom!" Baby whined, managing to sound at once like a child and the sultry young woman she would soon become. "It's so dang hot in that old house, why don't you come out here where there is at least something besides the smell of pledge and bacon."

Wiping a stray curl from her forehead, still quite attractive despite the hardships and pain, she nevertheless had been beaten down by the constant battering against her soul....

A frown crossed her full lips as she remembered what it felt like to be young and bored.  

"He's not comin' over tonight, so just come inside now, Baby."

"Who, Mom?  Who'se not comin' over?"

Baby belligerently pushed her toes against the porch floor, the swing teetering off-kilter and the rusty chains rattled in the still night.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 02:44:43 AM »

{{deleted by request - although I liked it Wink ))

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

A frown crossed her full lips as she remembered what it felt like to be young and bored.  

"He's not comin' over tonight, so just come inside now, Baby."

"Who, Mom?  Who'se not comin' over?"

Baby belligerently pushed her toes against the porch floor, the swing teetering off-kilter and the rusty chains rattled in the still night.

She rose from the swing in one fluid motion and left it shaking behind her as she yanked open the screen and stepped into the house.  The screen door slammed against the wooden jamb.  

"What are you lookin' at?" she sneered at the man sitting at the kitchen table, smoking a cigarette.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »

Baby felt as if she was ready to explode.  The heat was thick and humid and dark, like a woolen blanket that wouldn't let her breathe.  She needed to breathe...to stop this suffocating feeling that she just couldn't shake.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »

He sneered at her beneath the curl of smoke hanging around him like he was in the eye of the hurricane.  Secretly she amused him, he knew that she was not far from the knowledge and power she would soon have over him.  At this point she was still unaware, but it was there simmering underneath the surface like molten lava ready to explode from the volcano.  

Her mother sighed from deep within her being, watching this exchange.  She narrowed her eyes dangerously at him seeing the fleeting thought that played across his face...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 07:41:43 AM »

He sneered at her beneath the curl of smoke hanging around him like he was in the eye of the hurricane.  Secretly she amused him, he knew that she was not far from the knowledge and power she would soon have over him.  At this point she was still unaware, but it was there simmering underneath the surface like molten lava ready to explode from the volcano.  

Her mother sighed from deep within her being, watching this exchange.  She narrowed her eyes dangerously at him seeing the fleeting thought that played across his face...

as he poured himself a generous shot of whiskey.  

Baby could smell the cloying scent of his aftershave, mixed in with the alcohol and the cigarettes he always had in his mouth and it made her nauseous in the claustrophic heat of the kitchen.  She felt the room start to spin, and the darkness begin to descend again. As she reached for the table to support her, she accidently knocked over his whiskey bottle spilling it onto the table and into his lap.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »

His gaze slowly lowered to his lap, slowly and with great deliberation, like one who is merely an ******* and not the target of the small amber river meandering its way over the cheap vinyl tablecloth.  Its yellow stream stood out in stark relief to the fake red and white checks of the background.

So stunned and disbelieving was he that he made no effort to right the over-turned bottle and it fell to Baby to frantically right it with an audible gasp.  

Then again as slowly as before, his gaze shifted and began its slow ascent to look Baby squarely in the eye.. . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05:46 AM »

My computer's been on the blink and I haven't been able to be here for a few days. But I had written a continuation to the story, that has now passed me by. I'm going to post it anyway, since I still have it, just to let you guys know that I'm enjoying this thread. I love the progress you all have made, and I'll think about it and try to contribute to where you are now! You all are awesome writers! So, don't add to this, 'cause it's WAY behind! Wink   Guess I better back up to the beginning..........

Water dripped from the eve of the house and splashed against the gray concrete. The swing on the front porch slowly moved backward and forward. The creaking sound was almost musical and seemed to echo across an unusually still sky.

“Baby, Baby!”

“Yes, Mom.”

“Come inside, Baby.”

"In a minute..."

Sighing, she turned from the screen door shaking her head. Her long, gray-peppered chestnut hair swayed from side to side matching the movement of her hips as she glided across the room. She remembered the pain of new love, and her heart yearned to comfort her daughter. If only she could hold her and tell her it really would be all right--someday, it would be all right.

But there would be none of that tonight. Straightening her shoulders, she turned her attention to the evening meal and the waiting chores, always conscious of the soft creaking of the porch swing.

Making her way toward the kitchen, she crossed from the parlor to the dining room, fingers instinctively tracing the dark mahogany backrest of a table chair as she passed. Her surveying glance found its’ mark at the worn polishing rag on the buffet. She stuffed the silver-smudged cloth in an apron pocket, and straightened the gleaming tea set into its’ place of honor. Stepping back to evaluate the vignette, she was caught by her image in the wall mirror behind it. She stood for a moment, refocused in self- recognition, and stepped closer.

“ It’s ok.” She whispered.

“ Baby’s going to be all right. She’s not.. you……..”

Abruptly interrupting her thought was the familiar, rising shadow.  Her gaze slid downward to the floor and she felt the wave of darkness render her incapable of words or movement, until it filled her soul.
It was an involuntary response with a thousand performances; yet, she had never been in the audience and was unaware of any of them.
Slowly, she relaxed the fisted grip that held her wadded apron, carefully smoothing the thin cotton with her palms. Deliberately avoiding the mirror’s reflection, she quietly moved through the breakfast nook to the kitchen, struggling to remember why.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 05:56:11 AM »

I like this!

Would it hurt feelings, if I took this story and kind of massaged it a little?  Due credit would be given in some manner, but I’m not sure how.  Don’t want it to look like a text book with footnotes at the end of each chapter.

Maybe a Monkey bibliography…
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 06:29:14 AM »

Daylight slipped between the shutters and the smell of coffee drifted through the air.  It was a new day and nightmares were left behind.  The telephone rang.  It rang louder.  And, louder!

“Hello”

“Yes”

“Okay”

Silence befell the room as the cell phone dropped from her hand and bounced upon the carpet.  Face down the amber light continued to flash.

Something was wrong.  Something was lost.

The lamber light of the cell continued to flash against the freshly cleaned carpet….
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 09:58:28 AM »

New Story; New Character!

The cell phone chirped louder and louder.  A hand fumbled its way toward the screaming piece of plastic, “Hello, yes I hear you.  Why call me?”

Curtis Drake had been hardened by the years and his first thought was “Why me?”  He sat up in the bed and turned his legs toward the bathroom light.  His feet kicked yesterday’s clothes out of the way.  He stood up, pausing for a moment to let his head stop spinning.  His hand reached into the shower and turned the valves so that the water ran hot.  Decades seemed to twirl away and down the drain.

“Babe, I can’t see the kids this weekend.  I’ve got to go out of town.”

“I know, I know!”

“I should be back in a week.”

Drake packed a worn bag and called the airport to arrange the flight.  It was hours away. He called a taxi service and asked if he could be picked up at a corner bar.  

He made his way down the stairs with his suitcase bouncing on each tread and echoing an ominous plea.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:32 AM »

"I sure hope the world isn't falling apart, although so many turmoils in distant lands are worrisome. Religious fanatiscism has always been the underlying cause of many terrible wars, and the ones going on now are no different. From the Inquisition to the present day persecutions, intolerance for other people's beliefs remains the basic factor. Let's hope it will dissappear or at least minimize in time to the point of posing no more dangers to people who just want to live their lives in safety and security for themselves and their families.

I like your style of writing. It creates an impact on the imagination, and the desire to learn more and more about the story you are about to tell. Keep it up."
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.