April 27, 2024, 07:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Shoaf missing girl (FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 10039 times)
Cat
Monkey Junky

« on: September 11, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »

A 14 year old girl vanished on Sept 6,06 in S.C..She was seen getting into the car of someone she didn't want to.It was in a wooded area.I can't get the name at the moment,but I will.Cat
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:54:06 PM by klaasend » Logged

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »

Her name is above.This is 22 miles from Columbia,S.C..This was the scene of a rape/murder not that long ago.Cat

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »

She was found alive in a 15 foot deep trench/ditch.The police are looking for a 36 year man.  Cat

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »

Cat, I wonder if it's the same guy that was involved in the AL girls??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 09:48:13 PM »

i have been concerned because the circle of 250 miles from fort benning includes this area.it is a miracle she was found.he is organized and who knows.this might also be the guy from the man who strangled the woman with her bra 34 miles away.there are alot of milatary bases around the area.this is a serious concern,because it provides mobility and training.i don't know.oh whatever,little monkey is performing in the music man next weekend,not high school,but regional.i will observe and listen closely.i have noticed war can bring out the best and the worst in people.you have alot of milatary bases in new england also.good evening and goodnight.cat

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 12:12:27 AM »

Missing Kershaw County girl found alive
From Staff and Wire Reports
A 14-year-old girl missing more than a week was found alive Saturday morning about a mile from her home, Kershaw County officials say.

Elizabeth Shoaf was found by deputies around 7:30 a.m. in a 15-foot deep ditch or bunker that had been dug in a wooded area, Kershaw County Sheriff Steve McCaskill said. She had not been seen since she was walked off her school bus the afternoon of Sept. 6.

McCaskill said the girl appeared to be unharmed but was taken to Kershaw County Medical Center for evaluation.

On Friday night, investigators began looking for a man in connection with Shoaf’s disappearance.

A strange text message was sent to a cell phone belonging to Shoaf’s mother and was traced to 36-year-old Vinson Filyaw’s phone, McCaskill said Friday.

U.S. Marshals and Kershaw County deputies were continuing to look for Filyaw on Saturday and offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to his capture. Investigators said he was last seen near Dry Branch Road in Kershaw County. According to a news release from the U.S. Marshals Service, Filyaw is considered armed and extremely dangerous.

Filyaw’s home is less than a mile down the road from Shoaf’s bus stop, McCaskill said.

Deputies have been searching for Filyaw for months on an unrelated charge of criminal sexual conduct against a 12-year-old girl, McCaskill said.
Officers tried to arrest Filyaw at his home earlier this week, but he had an elaborate escape plan, involving a tunnel dug from his bedroom to a shed, the sheriff said.

"When deputies came to serve the warrant, he was able to escape, going under the mattress, going under the trailer and hiding and eluding the arrest," McCaskill said.

McCaskill said the girl cried out as searchers approached the bunker where she was found.

Sheriff’s Capt. David Thomley said Shoaf was not tied up and was very coherent.

Inside the bunker, deputies found food and propane, leading them to think someone was living there. The bunker was protected by a booby-trap, the sheriff said.

Thomley said it was the fourth bunker investigators have found since they began looking for Filyaw on Friday. He said the bunker was camouflaged and would have been hard to see from the air or the ground.

"I thank God that she’s OK and doing as well as she can be under the circumstances," Thomley said.

M O R E   N E W S   F R O M    
 • Kershaw County, SC
 • Electronics
 • Discuss Electronics

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4193337.html

Suspect arrested in kidnapping of Elizabeth Shoaf

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4193337.html

Suspect arrested in kidnapping of Elizabeth Shoaf

The scene inside a hand dug bunker near Lugoff, S.C., is shown Saturday, Sept. 16, 2006. A text message sent by a missing 14-year-old girl to her mother's cell phone led police to the bunker where she was found Saturday in a wooded area near her home. Kershaw County Sheriff Steve McCaskill describes it as one of four so-called bunkers on property. Inside there were shelves made from branches lashed
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:18:28 AM »

What a freak.  That girl probably would have ended up dead had she not sent that message.  That goon should never be allowed out of prison.   He obviously has the potential to be a repeat offender.  Just waiting for the opportunity to hurt some one else.  I hope he never gets out, but probably will.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.