April 27, 2024, 03:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471219 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »

Agreed!!

and what the heck does Jaycee's bio dad need an attorney for? he hasn't been in her life at all, now HE needs a high profile attorney like Gloria Allred? for what?

He's probably fixin' to sue the entire state for cazillions, on Jaycee's behalf.. Wouldn't blame him a bit, actually. 

Altho tis a very good point you have, where has he been since forever??  Am thinking this is the first time I've ever heard his name, let alone a squeak out of him. 

Since we haven't heard a thing from the bio dad..even when Jaycee was abducted or found..why should he have any stake in this now?  I haven't heard her Mom or her Step-Dad speak of money or suing at all.  They are both that consumed with happiness that Jaycee has been found.  I also feel the Step-Dad has been fielding all the press reaction in a gentlemenly way..because he really cares about Jaycee and her girls..and taking the heat off the family right now.  Yet he hasn't hired anyone to speak for him.

Until I know more..I think Jaycee's bio Dad needs to take a powder and so does Gloria...he wasn't invovled in her life prior to this ..why now other then $$$$ signs?

my feeling exactly! If anyone makes any money off of this deal it should be Jaycee and her daughters...was this father active in the search for Jaycee while she has been missing all these years? I doubt it...Sounds like he started another family and went on with his life even before she went missing...was not in her life before, now he is daddy dearest? uh uh...not setting right with me...jmo..

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1041 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »

Off the top of my head, to those wondering 'why now' from the bio-dad.....

From the start we haven't heard much from him or about him.  And I'm not trying at this point to cut him any slack either, k?  Cuz I'm with those who would say to him, pfffffffft.. where were you when needed? 

Perhaps.. just perhaps.. he's realized all this, etc.  And perhaps he's now trying to do things to help.  It's possible that the step-dad is fielding the media etc, while continuing to protect the family..... while bio-dad handles the legal aspect.  ??  I dunno.  Without more info, it's anyone's guess. 

And then there's the possibility that he's a money-grubbing-hungry bum, out for his 15 minutes of fame.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1042 on: September 21, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »

There are so many possibilities for the family.  Seems to me they have the right to sue the entire state on behalf of Jaycee and daughters.   They likely are and will be receiving donations on behalf of Jaycee and daughters.  Then down the road there likely will be book deals, movie rights, interviews, etc.  Seems that Oprah might be jostling for a place in line.  And Lifetime surely isn't far behind.  And so on. 

But I'm of a mind along with y'all .. every single penny sought/received from anywhere, needs to go to Jaycee and her daughters, placed into an account for their needs both now and in the future.  Not a dime of it ought to go to ANYONE else, and that esp. includes other family members.  IMO 

Jaycee and daughters are the ones who endured the worst these past 18yrs.  Not downplaying what her family members have gone thru, yet I don't believe it could have reached the epic proportions as that of Jaycee/daughters.  Again IMO. 

I'd like to see Jaycee OWN the State of California one day.   Monkey Devil!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »

I hope it is true that Garrido hadn't made sexual advances towards Jaycee in years, but.....do we know the dates are that the neighbor says men would gather in the back yard and go into a shed, one at a time, to have what appeared to be sexual encounters with a woman? This monster may have stopped having sex with Jaycee, but got his jollies in a new, profitable way instead. Hoping not and just thinking out loud. But I really would like to know the dates of those gatherings.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1044 on: September 21, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »

Agreed!!

and what the heck does Jaycee's bio dad need an attorney for? he hasn't been in her life at all, now HE needs a high profile attorney like Gloria Allred? for what?

He's probably fixin' to sue the entire state for cazillions, on Jaycee's behalf.. Wouldn't blame him a bit, actually. 

Altho tis a very good point you have, where has he been since forever??  Am thinking this is the first time I've ever heard his name, let alone a squeak out of him. 

Since we haven't heard a thing from the bio dad..even when Jaycee was abducted or found..why should he have any stake in this now?  I haven't heard her Mom or her Step-Dad speak of money or suing at all.  They are both that consumed with happiness that Jaycee has been found.  I also feel the Step-Dad has been fielding all the press reaction in a gentlemenly way..because he really cares about Jaycee and her girls..and taking the heat off the family right now.  Yet he hasn't hired anyone to speak for him.

Until I know more..I think Jaycee's bio Dad needs to take a powder and so does Gloria...he wasn't invovled in her life prior to this ..why now other then $$$$ signs?

I agree.  He needs to keep away.  He wasn't in her life and Jaycee only knew her mother and step dad.  I know others feel differently about him because he is her biological father but I don't.  Then he hires Glorida Alred.  If he makes money off this every penny better go to his daughter and grand kids.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: September 22, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »

Digging Continues at Garrido Property

Crews searching Phillip Garrido's property have discovered more bones, but believe they're likely animal bones or too old to be connected to the disappearance of two Bay Area girls.

Hayward Police Lieutenant Chris Orrey says crews using ground penetrating radar were able to rule out most of the areas, however more digging will take place today. Several bones have been found on the property since authorities started their search a couple of weeks ago. A DNA analysis is underway to determine if any of the bones are human.

Garrido and his wife are accused of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard at the age of eleven and keeping her in their backyard for 18 years.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing_news?Digging-Continues-at-Garrido-Property=1&blockID=76491&feedID=806
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: September 22, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »

Jaycee Dugard Update: Archaeologist Searches Phillip Garrido's Backyard for Signs of Bodies

ANTIOCH, Calif. (CBS/AP) Authorities, including an archaeologist, continue to search the dilapidated property of Nancy and Phillip Garrido for traces of evidence linking the accused kidnappers to the abduction of two girls in the area during the late 1980s.

Several bone fragments have been found in the Garridos’ yard and the adjoining property where Phillip Garrido occaisionally spent time, however investigators say it is too early to tell whether those are crime-related.

Police are also using equipment to examine whether any areas of soil have recently been disturbed, which may indicate a burial site.

“It could be significant, and it could not be significant, but it's helping us target where we might do some digging,” said Hayward Police Lt. Chris Orrey.

MORE...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/21/crimesider/entry5327223.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: September 22, 2009, 01:52:40 PM »

Jaycee Dugard's Alleged Captor Stayed in Jail to Be With God

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Three decades ago, a convicted kidnapper named Phillip Garrido stunned a Leavenworth Prison psychologist by turning down an offer most prisoners would leap to take — help with a transfer to a mental health facility.

Instead, Garrido opted to spend at least three more years doing hard time so he could complete his religious studies.

Along his twisted trail of drugs and sexual violence, records and interviews show that Garrido invoked God at every turn before he was arrested Aug. 26 and accused of kidnapping, raping and imprisoning Jaycee Dugard for 18 years in his backyard.

Again and again, he claimed he had found God. To a woman he had abducted and was about to rape. To the judge who sentenced him to 50 years behind bars for the crime. And later, to business clients and neighbors in Antioch, Calif.

In the end, his increasingly bizarre religious fervor took on a desperate, prophetic quality and led to his capture after he tried to hold a rally on a college campus.

Molesters commonly turn to religion to rationalize their behavior, said Ken Lanning, a former FBI profiler who specializes in kidnapping and child abuse cases.

MORE....

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/21/crimesider/entry5327328.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: September 22, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

Bone fragments in Garrido's yard called too old to pertain to 2 missing girls

ANTIOCH – Police searching Phillip Garrido's home and property in Antioch discovered more bone fragments Monday but said they appeared to be too old to be connected to any of the cases authorities are trying to link to the convicted rapist and kidnapper.

Authorities used a dog trained to detect the scent of human remains as well as ground-penetrating radar that can search up to 25 feet below the surface. But hopes appeared to be dwindling that searchers would discover anything related to the disappearances of two Bay Area girls in the late 1980s.

"The goal is to search this property as thoroughly as possible," said Lt. Chris Orrey of the Hayward Police Department, which is investigating the 1988 abduction of 9-year-old Michaela Joy Garecht.

"Hope is a difficult thing to talk about at this point."

Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, came to the search site again Monday to present authorities who have been working in blazing temperatures a handmade thank-you note.

MORE....

http://www.sacbee.com/courts/story/2199439.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »

Some new images

http://rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J7&Dato=20090922&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=909220801&Ref=PH&rgj_description=New%20photos%20from%20our%20television%20news%20partner%2C%20News10.net%20in%20Sacramento&rgj_date=September%2022.%202009
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: September 22, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

Thank you NORTHERN. I cannot imagine a more awful way to have to live. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »

Search at Garrido Home Comes to End
The search is over. After a week of an intense search of the Garrido home in California, police say they're done collecting evidence.

They didn't find anything obvious that can tie Phillip Garrido to two girls who have been missing for two decades.

However, Garrido has not been eliminated as a suspect.

Police said they still have a lot of evidence, things like clothing, bone fragments and teeth as well as documents to sort through.

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=11180141
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:30 AM »

Garrido home wasn't really a pigsty

Those widely published photos showing the squalid home where kidnapping-rape suspects Phillip Craig Garrido and wife Nancy Garrido lived outside Antioch were a bit misleading.

The photos show rooms strewn with boxes, clothes, garbage and overturned furniture, and a kitchen sink overflowing with pots and pans.

But a police investigator involved in the Garrido probe tells us the house on Walnut Avenue, while a bit messy, was hardly the pigsty portrayed in the photos - until the FBI, sheriff deputies and local police went through it.

"By time we got done, the place was a train wreck," our source says. "We searched every nook and cranny."

Even in the concealed backyard, where Jaycee Dugard and her two girls allegedly fathered by Garrido lived in tentlike structures, our source says, "There is evidence they tried to keep it relatively neat."

By the way, it's looking increasingly likely that the home will be demolished, which could allow for a more thorough search of areas underneath.

The house is owned by Phillip Garrido's elderly mother, who suffers from dementia and is in a nursing home. The hitch in the demolition plan: Contra Costa County officials and Garrido's brother, Ron, who has been named conservator of the property, haven't worked out a deal on who will cover the $18,000 demolition tab.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/22/BAOF19QV0J.DTL
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:01:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: September 23, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »

Authorities end search of kidnapping suspect Garrido's yard

Investigators from several California police departments have wrapped up their search of Phillip Garrido's backyard and neighboring property.

Crews have spent the last eight days digging in the yard where kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard was held prisoner for 18 years by Garrido and his wife.

Chris Orrey of the Hayward Police Department said the team is walking away knowing that they left no stone unturned.

She added there will be no we "could have and should have, because we know we did."

MORE...

http://www.wbir.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=99836&catid=141
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: September 23, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:02:25 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:02:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: September 23, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »

Jaycee Update: Veteran Cop Who Sat in Phillip Garrido's Living Room Sensed Nothing Amiss

NEW YORK (CBS) A 33-year law enforcement veteran who sat in Phillip Garrido’s living room and may have met Jaycee Lee Dugard, said the man accused of kidnapping and holding Dugard captive for 18 years, was "normal in every which way." And he had spoken with Garrido only two weeks before his arrest.

If Ralph Hernandez, who has held nearly every position from patrol officer to acting chief in three different law enforcement agencies, didn't see anything suspicious, who would have?

"I’ve been through a lot of homes... I’ve also encountered a lot of people who needed help," Hernandez said. "And this was not the situation that existed there."

Early in 2008, Garrido hired Hernandez, who works in California as a private investigator, to verify six declarations from local businesspeople stating that a black box Garrido created allowed him to communicate without speaking. Garrido did not allow Hernandez to view the device view for fear of him becoming biased, Hernandez said.

On February 1, 2008, Garrido invited Hernandez to his Antioch, Calif., home where the two sat in the living room and went over documents related to Garrido's invention. Hernandez says Garrido was "excited" about the discovery, but did not seem psychologically unstable.

While Hernandez was there, he met Garrido's wife Nancy, and "a young lady who may have been Jaycee or her oldest daughter." Hernandez said Garrido either introduced the woman as his own daughter or the daughter of a friend. He does not specifically recall.

MORE...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/21/crimesider/entry5327690.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »

The horrors of sexual trafficking, American-style

Jaycee Lee Dugard's case is every parent's nightmare, a troubling reminder that the evils of this world are not confined to dark alleys in big cities. Behind Suburbia's illusion of safety lurks an often seedy and troubled reality. It is a world of sexual trafficking, where children are sold as sexual commodities.

Eleven-year-old Jaycee was hurrying to catch a school bus when she was snatched off the street by convicted rapist Phillip Garrido. For the next 18 years, Jaycee was held captive in Garrido's backyard in a nondescript neighborhood in Antioch, Calif. He allegedly fathered her two children.

But this type of tortured reality doesn't stop with Jaycee Lee Dugard. For example, Debbie, a straight-A student who belonged to a close-knit Air Force family living in Phoenix, Ariz., was 15 when she was snatched from her driveway by an acquaintance-friend. Forced into a car, Debbie was bound and taken to an unknown location, held at gunpoint and raped by multiple men. She was then crammed into a small dog kennel and forced to eat dog biscuits. Debbie's captors advertised her services on Craigslist. Those who responded were often married with children, and the money that Debbie "earned" for sex was given to her kidnappers. The gang raping continued. After searching the apartment where Debbie was held captive, police finally found Debbie stuffed in a drawer under a bed. Her harrowing ordeal lasted for 40 days. Three of her four captors have now been caught and charged (one awaits extradition).

Miya was 19 years old when a man and a woman, posing as agents for a modeling company, kidnapped her and forced her into a life of sexual slavery. Her captors also advertised her services online. Miya was eventually able to escape but not before suffering the trauma of captivity, prostitution and other harrowing abuses.

These young women somehow managed to escape the underground world of sexual slavery and trafficking in the United States. Others, however, are not so fortunate.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), approximately 797,500 children go missing every year. That works out to roughly 2,185 children a day. Many of these young people never find their way home again. Too many become victims of sexual trafficking and prostitution.

MORE...

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20090923/OPINION02/909230306
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

Parole panel in '99 praised Garrido's behavior out of prison

Nearly eight years after Jaycee Lee Dugard was kidnapped, Phillip Garrido received a certificate from the U.S. Parole Commission lauding him for his behavior since his release from prison in 1988.

"You are hereby discharged from parole," the March 9, 1999, certificate read.

"After a thorough review of your case, the Commission has decided that you are deserving of an early discharge," said the document signed by administrator Raymond E. Essex. "You are commended for having responded positively to supervision and for the personal accomplishment(s) you have made.

"The Commission trusts that you will continue to be a productive citizen and obey the laws of society."

The certificate is among 19 pages of parole commission papers on Garrido released to The Bee under the federal Freedom of Information Act. Authorities allege Garrido kidnapped Dugard, then 11, near her South Lake Tahoe-area home in 1991 and managed to hide her from federal and state parole agents for years afterward.

MORE...

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2202158.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.