April 27, 2024, 08:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471198 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1080 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »

I don't understand why Gloria Aldred had to go public with this information.
Why didn't she try to negotiate quietly with Jaycee's representatives?

Because this is Gloria Allred's style.  The bigger the case the more publicity she will get.

http://www.gloriaallred.com/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I listened to the link you provided, thank you.
I am disappointed in Allred.  She has always been touted as a great child and womens' advocate.  I fail to see how this is assisting Jaycee.
They claim they tried to get in touch w/the Dugard fam. but to no avail, hence Allred!  As though Jaycee and fam. don't have their hands full?!!!!  He had no business allowing Allred to go public with this and to use the DNA request pressure tactic, imo.
Seems he is excusing his absence in Jaycee's life as Jaycee's Moms fault.
Jaycee's had enough force and pressure in her life, to put it mildly.  Leave the poor girl, her children and her real family that loved and raised her until she was brutally kidnapped alone.
Everything in it's time and maybe one day Jaycee would like to know her sisters, at a day and time of her choosing...maybe, one day!!!!
Prayers to Jaycee and her children.

I agree can.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1081 on: September 26, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

San , thank you for posting the Enquirer article.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1082 on: September 26, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

Jaycee Dugard's Dad Reveals His Plan For Revenge Against Kidnapper

Jaycee Dugard's stepfather Carl Probyn is overjoyed that his daughter is back after 18 years - and now he wants revenge against her kidnappers, RadarOnline.com has uncovered.

Probyn raised Jaycee and even though he's divorced from her mother they are still friendly and he is still very much part of the family unit.

And while he can't wait to be reunited with Jaycee, who is being held in a secret location by authorities, Probyn also is looking forward to revenge against Phillip Garrido, the man charged with kidnapping and imprisoning Jaycee.

In fact, Probyn has already started planning his revenge.

In a recent interview Probyn said he is going to write to Garrido regularly while the kidnapper serves time. "I will be telling him how our family is doing, that we are at Disney World, or that we are out having dinner laughing, we will be at the movie talking and having a wonderful time," Probyn said, hoping his letters will torture an imprisoned Garrido.

He also plans to put a lien on Garrido's house. "I plan to have the house seized and make sure the profits go to Jaycee and her two kids," he said.

MORE....

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/jaycee-dugards-dad-reveals-his-plan-revenge-against-kidnapper
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1083 on: September 26, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »

this dad and Gloria need to back off imo....he could have quietly stayed in the background as he has for over 29 yrs....He did not have to go public with all of this if he really cared for Jaycee imo...he or the press contradict the story..I have heard that he did not know he was Jaycee's dad until she went missing and then I heard that friends of his told him that Terry had a baby and that the baby looked like him...that was when Jaycee was still an infant I believe, at least it was before she went missing..why didn't he come forward when she went missing to claim her as his child and get involved with trying to find her along with the mother?
he just wants publicity I think...he could have remained silent until the time was right for Jaycee and her daughters to get their lives together before he showed himself...jmo

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: September 26, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »

http://www.rgj.com/article/20090925/NEWS01/90925003/1004/news01
Video: 23-minute press conference with Jaycee Dugard's new lawyer
KXTV Sacramento • September 25, 2009
SACRAMENTO - An attorney representing kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard said she and her two daughters are doing very well as they adjust to their new life and become acquainted with Jaycee's mother Terry Probyn.
Advertisement

The family is reportedly living in seclusion in Northern California.

McGregor Scott, a former U.S. prosecutor, said he was approached a week ago about representing the family, which is receiving free legal help from his Sacramento law firm.

"I was very pleasantly surprised, candidly, when I met with them for the first time to see how well they seem to be doing," said Scott.

He added that Dugard is aware of the media spotlight and that she and her mother are protecting the girls from getting "too much information too early in the process." Scott also stated that Dugard does not want media attention and would not be appearing on shows in the foreseeable future.

Scott said Dugard realizes she will need to testify against her accused kidnapper and father of her two daughters Phillip Garrido as well as his wife Nancy about her life in their Antioch home.

"She's had children in that environment, so it's really what she has known in essence for her life, so that's one competing emotion. On the other side, there's no question she knows the terrible and wrong things that were done to her," said Scott.

Scott was also critical of law enforcement agencies that "failed" to discover what was going on in Phillip Garrido's Antioch home.

Scott said Dugard and Probyn would now like the media to focus on other families who have missing children so perhaps they can experience similar reunions.
Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: September 26, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »

this dad and Gloria need to back off imo....he could have quietly stayed in the background as he has for over 29 yrs....He did not have to go public with all of this if he really cared for Jaycee imo...he or the press contradict the story..I have heard that he did not know he was Jaycee's dad until she went missing and then I heard that friends of his told him that Terry had a baby and that the baby looked like him...that was when Jaycee was still an infant I believe, at least it was before she went missing..why didn't he come forward when she went missing to claim her as his child and get involved with trying to find her along with the mother?
he just wants publicity I think...he could have remained silent until the time was right for Jaycee and her daughters to get their lives together before he showed himself...jmo

I agree.  Then didn't he say he should have done more to look for "Susan" which is Terry.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: September 26, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »

I agree.  Then he made the below comment.

"I have had many nightmares over the years wondering if I could have done more to find Susan and the baby"
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1087 on: September 27, 2009, 03:44:42 AM »

Northern Rose, again, thank you for all these updates!    

Am wondering about his not registering til 1999.  Anyone know what year that became mandatory?  I can't remember...  Seems tho, by what the worker said in that article, that he 'should have' done so earlier, but didn't.  And sooooooooo.  They didn't bring him up on charges for that?  Just said okies thanks for finally checking in? 

Hope this helps

<snipped>
In 1947, California became the first state in the United States to have a sex offender registration program.[1] Community notification of the release of sex offenders from incarceration did not occur until almost 50 years later. In 1994, a federal statute called the Jacob Wetterling Act required all states to pass legislation requiring sex offenders to register with state sex offender registries. Then again in 1996, based on a set of New Jersey laws called "Megan's Laws," the federal government required states to pass legislation mandating public notification of personal information for certain sex offenders. In Connecticut Dept. of Public Safety v. Doe (2002) the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed this public disclosure.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_offender_registration

Yes, it does help - thank you, Northern Rose!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1088 on: September 27, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »

Wow, I just don't know what to think about this.  On the one hand, a place with horses and two sisters, and a father ready to give love and support sounds wonderful.  But the threat of legal action if this father does not get his way seems to contradict his supportive message.  Jaycee has been through so much and it will be a very long time before normal returns, if ever.  Forcing yet another trauma on this family at this time does not seem right.  I wonder how Jaycee's mom feels about all this.

I thought the same thing, about his statement contradicting what he is saying. Could Jaycee actually be forced to take a paternity test, just to satisfy him? Cause isn't that basically what he is doing, wanting to "prove" he is Jaycee's father? And IMO, what difference would it make? She probably only remembers her step father, and even he is staying away, giving her the time she needs.
I think it's publicity this biological father is wanting, IMO.  I hope I'm wrong, and that he really does have her best interest at heart, but I just don't think so.

I have said this from the beginning.  I don't believe this guy and he needs to leave Jaycee alone with her girls so she can try and get adjusted with a normal life again.  This will take so much time and it will not happen overnight.  Why all this pressure.  If he really had her best interest at heart he would wait and leave her alone 

How quickly he got a high powered lawyer.  If he thought she was his daughter years ago and he wanted to find her he could have hired a private eye.

I have to admit, having read this latest on the bio-father, I'd like to strike my earlier comments about him. 

I agree with the three of you, in what you wrote above.  I was earlier under the impression that Jaycee KNEW her bio-father, and that he had disappeared from her life at some point.  Now it appears that the truth is, she has never even met him.  This raises all sorts of questions for me, as to the intentions of the bio-father, including getting an attorney, and for gosh sakes WHO he has retained.  Why??  Guess I'll start there.  Sigh. 

It's as if the light has been turned on for me, regarding the bio-father.  Looking at him with this recent info, yikes.  Out of one side of his mouth, he professes his great love for his daughter, offers comfort and support, etc .. yet out the other side of his mouth, he issues what greatly sounds like a threat to me, backed up with who he has for an attorney.  'Do it my way, or else....'  I'd be hugely leery of this dude and what seems to be an agenda he has planned! 

If he truly 'loves' Jaycee, then he would understand (despite HIS needs/wants/plans) that Jaycee needs to be left alone, back within the arms of her loving family.  The family she was taken from.  Not to be with someone she has never even laid eyes on before.  For the love of God, leave her be! 

IMO.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1089 on: September 27, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »

Editorial: Parole officials lock up the truth

Ever since Phillip Garrido was arrested in the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, the public has wanted to know: How was he able to hide her from state and federal parole agents for so many years?

Along with other media, The Bee is trying to answer that question. But a pair of parole bureaucracies – one federal and one state – are hiding the ball. They are refusing to release public documents that might shed light on the decisions and actions of parole agents.

The first of these is the U.S. Parole Commission, which discharged Garrido from federal parole supervision in 1999. As we know now, that was eight years after he is alleged to have kidnapped Dugard, who was 11 years old at the time of her abduction.

Garrido had been convicted of kidnaping and rape in Nevada in 1977, was sentenced to 50 years in federal prison (with a concurrent state sentence of five years to life) and was released from prison in 1988. Upon ending his parole supervision 11 years later, a federal administrator lauded Garrido in a document for "having responded positively to supervision," even though the convicted kidnapper had three drug offenses while under federal parole supervision.

The Bee unearthed these laudatory comments about Garrido through a Freedom of Information Act request. But in agreeing to release a mere 19 pages of documents, the U.S. Parole Commission refused to release another 92 pages from Garrido's file, claiming they could "constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion" of the privacy of third parties.

MORE....

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/story/2204928.html

This, IMO, is just wrong!!!!!!!  Sounds like it's purely CYA on the part of the parole commission.  IMO, they are afraid to release those 92 pages from PGs file, because in doing so it will implicate their lack of action and mistakes etc, rather than being an invasion of privacy.  FGS!  I do hope that a judge will demand that those pages are released at once.  Lord only knows what kind of changes could be made to them, or pages ooopsy lost. 

From personal knowledge, the State of California has "lost" valuable evidence needed for a future important trial.  And when it came time for trial, because that evidence had been "lost", well oops, sorry, case closed.  Not only has this happened to me, but to several others that I know of, and am positive to even more that we don't know of. 

If that happens with Jaycee's case, may the good Lord help them, cuz there is such a thing as public outcry, and I can round up plenty who would be darned good and ready to take the State on. 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »

Editorial: Parole officials lock up the truth

Ever since Phillip Garrido was arrested in the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, the public has wanted to know: How was he able to hide her from state and federal parole agents for so many years?

Along with other media, The Bee is trying to answer that question. But a pair of parole bureaucracies – one federal and one state – are hiding the ball. They are refusing to release public documents that might shed light on the decisions and actions of parole agents.

The first of these is the U.S. Parole Commission, which discharged Garrido from federal parole supervision in 1999. As we know now, that was eight years after he is alleged to have kidnapped Dugard, who was 11 years old at the time of her abduction.

Garrido had been convicted of kidnaping and rape in Nevada in 1977, was sentenced to 50 years in federal prison (with a concurrent state sentence of five years to life) and was released from prison in 1988. Upon ending his parole supervision 11 years later, a federal administrator lauded Garrido in a document for "having responded positively to supervision," even though the convicted kidnapper had three drug offenses while under federal parole supervision.

The Bee unearthed these laudatory comments about Garrido through a Freedom of Information Act request. But in agreeing to release a mere 19 pages of documents, the U.S. Parole Commission refused to release another 92 pages from Garrido's file, claiming they could "constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion" of the privacy of third parties.

MORE....

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/story/2204928.html

This, IMO, is just wrong!!!!!!!  Sounds like it's purely CYA on the part of the parole commission.  IMO, they are afraid to release those 92 pages from PGs file, because in doing so it will implicate their lack of action and mistakes etc, rather than being an invasion of privacy.  FGS!  I do hope that a judge will demand that those pages are released at once.  Lord only knows what kind of changes could be made to them, or pages ooopsy lost. 

From personal knowledge, the State of California has "lost" valuable evidence needed for a future important trial.  And when it came time for trial, because that evidence had been "lost", well oops, sorry, case closed.  Not only has this happened to me, but to several others that I know of, and am positive to even more that we don't know of. 

If that happens with Jaycee's case, may the good Lord help them, cuz there is such a thing as public outcry, and I can round up plenty who would be darned good and ready to take the State on. 

I hope Jaycee's lawyer sues the state of California for millions.  She needs to live the rest of her life in peace and having to worry about money is not an option in my book.  From what I can see her mom is doing the right thing and so is her step father.  They are worried about their daughter and grandchildren's future.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1091 on: September 27, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

Speaking of the stepfather, one has to admire the love of a man and the committment he has to Jaycee.  A lot of adoptive fathers arenot even that committed to "their" child.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1092 on: September 27, 2009, 08:27:49 PM »

Speaking of the stepfather, one has to admire the love of a man and the committment he has to Jaycee.  A lot of adoptive fathers arenot even that committed to "their" child.

true...step dad seems like a really nice likable man!  I am still holding out hope that he and Terry will get back together...but I am the eternal romantic I guess...sigh....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1093 on: September 27, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »

I agree.  Then he made the below comment.

"I have had many nightmares over the years wondering if I could have done more to find Susan and the baby"[/color]

yes San...good point on that one! he is talking out of his caboose me thinks!

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1094 on: September 29, 2009, 12:11:53 AM »

FAMILY CLAIMS NANCY GARRIDO WAS BRAINWASHED

Posted: 8:19 pm PDT September 28, 2009
Updated: 8:51 pm PDT September 28, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO -- Speaking on a nationally syndicated television show, the family of Nancy Garrido claimed Monday she had been brainwashed by her husband into cooperating in the abduction and 18-year imprisonment of Jaycee Dugard.

Nancy Garrido's brothers, David and Rey Bocanegra, appeared on episode of "Inside Edition" that aired Monday. When asked to explain why his sister did not go to the authorities while Dugard was being held in a makeshift compound in an East Bay backyard, Rey Bocanegra blamed Phillip Garrido.

"I think she was a victim, just like everybody else was a victim of Phillip Garrido,” he told the show “Scared, brainwashed, whatever he did to her.”

But the brothers still would not defend the alleged actions of their sister.

"She took someone's life away from that person," David Bocanegra told the show.

The brothers also took the opportunity to apology to Jaycee and the Dugard family for all the years of suffering while she was held captive.

"I apologize to you and your family for what my sister did,” David Bocanegra said. “I hope you're doing better, you and your kids. God bless you."

The brothers say they haven't spoken to Nancy Garrido since her arrest last month but have been in touch her defense lawyer and claimed she was cooperating with the investigation.

Phillip Garrido, 58, and Nancy Garrido, 54, have pleaded not guilty to 29 charges of kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment charges and were being held in an El Dorado County jail.

The couple is accused of kidnapping 11-year-old Dugard from her home in 1991 then holding her captive in a backyard jumble of tents and sheds for nearly two decades. Authorities say Phillip Garrido also fathered two daughters with Dugard.

Last week, Jaycee Dugard's attorney spoke out publicly for the first time, providing a host of new details about the recently-freed kidnap victim and her daughters.

In his Sacramento office last Thursday, Dugard’s attorney McGregor Scott said his client has “competing emotions” about the arrest of her alleged captors.

"There's no question she knows terrible and wrong things were done to her and that the people who did those things must be held accountable by the authorities," said Scott. "Therefore she is cooperating fully with law enforcement in their investigation."

Scott wouldn't talk about how Jaycee or her girls feel about the Garridos but said “she understands and appreciates that she will testify.”

Scott said he hopes there's a plea bargain to keep the Garridos in prison for life and keep Jaycee from having to publicly relive details.

“It's a very sordid tale,” said Scott.

Scott said he's representing Jaycee for free. He met with Jaycee, her mother and daughters twice the past week and said he's amazed at their progress.

"Obviously they're aware this is a big issue and a big story,” explained Scott.

Scott said Jaycee and her girls have been getting medical and psychological treatment from day one after leaving the Garridos house and yard where Jaycee spent most of her life and her daughters spent all of theirs.

"The girls are getting tutoring and Jaycee's observing," said Scott. "You have to remember Jaycee only has a 5th grade formal education. She very much has a brain she wants to develop."

Scott said Jaycee and her family remain in seclusion while he tries to get the daughters’ birth certificates and keep tabloids away.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/21143884/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1095 on: September 29, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

State confirms probe into Garrido parole supervision

The state's Office of the Inspector General is reviewing how parole officials handled supervision of Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender and kidnapping suspect, a spokeswoman confirmed Monday.

The independent investigation � launched shortly after Garrido and his wife, Nancy, were arrested late last month in the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard � has not found any criminal wrongdoing by parole officials, said Laura Hill, a spokeswoman for Inspector General Dave Shaw.

From here, the review will focus on whether all appropriate processes and procedures were followed and whether any lessons can be learned from the Garrido case, Hill said.

Shaw's office expects to release a public report detailing findings in the next three weeks, Hill said.

The Office of the Inspector General is charged with providing oversight to the state's correctional system, which includes parole. Among other issues, the office investigates criminal conduct, faulty management, waste and fraud.

Hill said investigations like the current one are common. The details and "extreme nature" of the Garrido case in particular prompted this particular review, she said.

As part of that review, Shaw's office has obtained Garrido's full parole file, Hill said. Parole officials have refused to provide the full file to The Bee despite a federal Freedom of Information Act request.

http://www.sacbee.com/local/story/2216429.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »

Garrido's brothers: Nancy was brainwashed

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA (KGO) -- The brothers of kidnapping suspect Nancy Garrido say their sister belongs in jail.

Video

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7038134
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »

California Inspector General Investigating Phillip Garrido's Parole Oversight
State Questioning How Jaycee Dugard Was Hidden From Parole Officers for 18 Years

California's inspector general has launched an investigation into one of the most mystifying questions in the kidnapping case of Jaycee Dugard: How was accused kidnapper Phillip Garrido able to keep her hidden for 18 years with police and parole officers assigned to check on him?

Inspector General David Shaw told ABCNews.com today that while the investigation only became public this week, it began "almost immediately" after Dugard, now 29, and the two children believed to be fathered by Garrido, were rescued.

It is believed Garrido, 58, had five or six different state parole officers assigned by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation over the 18 years he imprisoned Dugard in his backyard, Shaw said. He was forced to register as a sex offender after being convicted of the rape and kidnapping of a woman in California in the 1970s.

MORE....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/state-launches-investigation-phillip-garrido-parole-oversight/story?id=8703352
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1098 on: October 01, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »

This guy is truly a whack job . . .

Garrido: Jaycee Was Denied Lawyer At Interviews
Posted: 8:32 pm PDT September 30, 2009

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Phillip Garrido has contacted a Sacramento television station to express concerns about the legal rights of the woman he is charged with kidnapping 18 years ago, raping and hiding in the backyard of his home.

In a letter addressed to a KCRA anchorman and dated Sept. 29, Garrido wrote that Jaycee Dugard "has been repeatedly denied access to have an attorney present during questioning," the station reported Wednesday.

"Over and over she clearly expressed this request from the beginning to the conclusion of questioning," Garrido wrote. "Her civil rights have been clearly violated."

A spokesman for the El Dorado County jail, where Garrido is being held, said the letter appears authentic.

Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, told KCRA that the letter "sounds stupid."

"He violated her rights. We've got her back," Probyn said

An El Dorado County prosecutor said Garrido has been following coverage of the case from jail, where he has access to a television and newspapers.

A spokesman for the Sheriff's Department, which has been speaking with Dugard since she resurfaced, did not immediately respond to a telephone call seeking comment.

McGregor Scott, a former U.S. chief prosecutor who was retained to represent Dugard last week, would not comment on Garrido's statement.

The anchorman, Walt Gray, tried to visit Garrido in jail for a follow-up interview, but Garrido refused to see him without his defense lawyer present.

The lawyer, public defender Susan Gellman, said she had counseled her client not to speak with the news media and that she would strongly reiterate that advice.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/21167059/detail.html
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1099 on: October 01, 2009, 01:11:51 AM »

More on same . . .

Garrido Says Dugard's Rights Violated
Phillip Garrido Writes Jailhouse Letter To KCRA

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Phillip Garrido, the convicted rapist accused of kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard more than two decades ago, alleges her civil rights have been violated and asked KCRA 3's Walt Gray to contact Dugard at the "earliest possible date."

Garrido remains in custody at the El Dorado County Jail in Placerville as he and wife Nancy Garrido await trial on multiple charges each. They've pleaded not guilty.

In a jailhouse letter sent to Gray, Garrido claimed Dugard's "free speach [sic] rights are being violated."

He also alleged Dugard was "repeatedly denied access to have an attorney present during questioning. Over & over she clearly expressed this request from the beginning to the conclusion of questioning."

"Please concider [sic] this request to contact her at your earliest possible date," Garrido wrote.

Gray went inside the jail Wednesday to see if Garrido would explain the contents of his letter. Garrido told jail staff to tell Gray he would not meet unless his attorney was present.

Read: Phillip Garrido's Letter To Walt Gray

The attorney, Public Defender Susan Gellman, arrived shortly after having been alerted by jail staff that Gray was attempting to interview Garrido. KCRA 3 had contacted Gellman earlier to tell her Gray was trying to speak with her client.

Gray showed Gellman the letter Garrido sent, and she said she instructed Garrido not to contact the media and would strongly convey that to him again Wednesday. Images: Garrido Sends Letter To KCRA

Gellman also said the case has a long way to go and wanted it to play out in court.

Bill Clark, chief assistant district attorney in El Dorado County, said Garrido has access to television and periodicals in jail and knows what's happening with the case.

Dugard's Attorney Has No Comment

(snipped)
http://www.kcra.com/news/21165267/detail.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.