April 27, 2024, 09:08:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471202 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1140 on: October 18, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

Garrido lawyer requests witness backgrounds, other information

Phillip Garrido's attorney has filed a broad request for information on what type of evidence has been gathered against her client, who is charged with abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991, when she was 11.

Public defender Susan Gellman filed her six-page request in El Dorado Superior Court asking for an array of information, including a list of prosecution witnesses to be called at trial and whether any have convictions for felonies or moral turpitude.

She also is requesting witness statements, photos, police officer notes and records of samples of hair, blood, urine or tissue taken during the investigation.

Gellman asks for "all relevant real evidence seized or obtained as part of the investigation of the offense(s) charges" as well as "the existence of a felony or moral turpitude conviction of any material witness whose credibility is likely to be critical to the outcome of the trial."

MORE...

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2258662.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »

Here is the request for discovery

http://garrido.eldoradocourt.org/docs/phillip/20091014-ReqforDiscovery.pdf
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1142 on: October 18, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »

Horse Therapy Helps Dugard Recover
Grace Foundation In El Dorado Hills Uses Equine Therapy

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif. -- In a People magazine article about former kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard, a family spokeswoman said they are using horse therapy as part of the reunification process.

People magazine published pictures of Dugard and her family Friday. The Dugard family chose the photographer and released the photographs to the magazine.

The Grace Foundation in El Dorado Hills rescues abused and neglected horses, then uses them in equine therapy for abused and neglected children.

"They need to bond -- and that's a hard thing for victims to overcome, 'How do I start that bonding process?' -- they help with that," said Grace Foundation founder Beth DeCaprio.

Licensed family therapist Julie McBride said horses assist victims by relieving stress, anxiety and depression. She said horses are like a co-therapist.

MORE...

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/21321567/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1143 on: October 18, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnap: Phillip Garrido's begging letters to mum

The rapist charged with kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard and imprisoning her for 18 years has written to his mother begging for forgiveness.

Phillip Garrido, 58, kept Jaycee Lee caged in the garden of his mother's house in Antioch, California, from the age of 11 and she bore him two daughters after being repeatedly raped.

When Garrido and wife Nancy, 55, bought Jaycee Lee back to his mother's home, Garrido lied that she was his daughter.

Now, from his prison cell he has penned notes to his elderly mother Patricia, 88, asking her to understand him.

Garrido's father Manuel, 87, who is divorced from his wife Patricia, said: "He doesn't want his mother to think ill of him.

"But I don't think he'll ever be truly sorry. With Phillip there's something not right with his mind.

"Phillip hasn't been in touch with me and I want nothing to do with him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/10/18/jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnap-phillip-garrido-s-begging-letters-to-mum-115875-21755254/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1144 on: October 18, 2009, 04:02:46 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard photos bring tears and smiles to hometown residents (video)

Recent photos of Jaycee Lee Dugard, published Friday in People magazine, have brought tears and smiles to residents of her South Lake Tahoe, California hometown. Kidnapped on June 10, 1991 from her school bus stop, residents of her hometown feared they would never see her again. Her disappearance brought fear and sorrow to the community; residents say she was never forgotten. When it was announced that Jaycee had been found, the town celebrated with a parade.

Though residents knew that Jaycee Lee Dugard had been reunited with her family on August 26, 2009, her current photo has remained hidden from public view. Residents and those who knew Jaycee as a little girl in their neighborhood had no idea what she looked like as an adult. The picture of a smiling, vibrant Jaycee brought joy to those who had feared the toll that 18 years of captivity would wreak upon her.

MORE...

http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m10d17-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-photos-brings-tears-and-smiles-to-hometown-residents-video
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: October 18, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »

New Photos of Jaycee Dugard - Inside Her Life Now

New photos of Jaycee Dugard were published by People magazine this week, showing now 29-year old mom "looking happy" after her terrible ordeal of living stuck in captivity with a man dubbed as a monster and his wife dubbed such as well.  What is her life like now and how is she coping with the culture shock of a 'normal' life after all those years of struggle?

Home at last, Jaycee is happy to be with her family again, In Touch Weekly notes that sometimes isn't easy - she’s had to get used to things as basic as TV, car trips and her mother Terry Probyn’s home cooking.

“Her mom was giving her TV dinners for a while, since that’s what she was used to, but she has started cooking for Jaycee again,” a family friend tells In Touch, adding that Jaycee has recently discovered she “loves hot sauce.”

The feature reports that Jaycee is also getting to know her younger sister, Shayna, 19, who was just a year old when she disappeared. “They are doing very well, considering,” says the family friend. But understandably, Jaycee’s recovery will be a long and difficult process.

The magazine details more - noting that in addition to helping her cope with recollections of Garrido, who apparently “kept her in shackles” and claimed to have conversations with God, a team of counselors is also helping her daughters, Angel and Starlet — who, until Jaycee’s rescue, believed that Garrido and his wife were their parents, and that Jaycee was their big sister.

“Some people think she’ll be cured fast — just get her on Dr. Phil in a couple of weeks. But that isn’t going to happen,” the friend says. “She was gone for 18 years. This destroyed the entire family, and it will take a while to heal.”

http://www.nationalledger.com/ledgerpop/article_272628535.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: October 18, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »

Trial of alleged kidnappers of Lake Tahoe girl may not start for two years

The trial of Phillip Garrido will be highly anticipated by many, but according to the District Attorney's office, it will not likely begin for another two years.  He is scheduled to return to court on October 29 for a preliminary hearing, but his attorney has filed a six-page request asking for a wide amount of information, included a list of prosecution witnesses, and whether any of them have any convictions of felonies.  Susan Gellman, Garrido's public defender, is asking for "all relevant real evidence seized or obtained as part of the investigation." Garrido and his wife, Nancy, are charged with 29 felony counts in relation to the abduction of South Lake Tahoe girl Jaycee Lee Dugard.

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/skinews/20091017/Trial-of-alleged-kidnappers-of-Lake-Tahoe-girl-may-not-start-for-two-years-
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: October 18, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose for all the articles.

I'm glad the trial isn't for another two years.  This will give Jaycee much needed time to heal.  Like Elizabeth Smart she will be ready to face this monster.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:06 AM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard wants to go back to school

Memoir earnings will be used to finance schooling for herself and her daughters
By Sophie TaylorFIRST POSTED OCTOBER 19, 2009Jaycee Lee Dugard and the two daughters, Starlit and Angel, fathered by her abductor during the 18 years he held her captive in California, are considering changing their names so that they can go to school and get the education denied them by Phillip Garrido.

According to a report in the Sunday Times, Dugard plans to use the proceeds from a forthcoming book about her ordeal to pay for private education. Dugard would get a personal tutor to prepare her for college as a mature student - she is now 29, having been imprisoned by Garrido at the age of 11 - while her two girls, aged 11 and 15, would go to a private school.

As reported by The First Post last week, it appears Jaycee did her best to educate the girls herself despite their extraordinary circumstances. Her aunt, Tina Dugard, said: "They are educated and bright. It's clear they've been on the internet... and that Jaycee did a great job with the limited resources she had."

There are possibly two books on the way: Jaycee's mother, Terry Probyn, 50, is now reported to be writing a book for Random House about her experience of the "missing" years, during which she organised searches and poster campaigns to find her child.

Jaycee will write an introduction for her mother's book and Random House hope she will then write a book of her own - a memoir that could be worth millions, given the media's interest in her ordeal.

Meanwhile, according to a report in the Daily Mirror, Phillip Garrido, 58, who is being held in custody while the court case against him is prepared, has been writing to his mother, Patricia Garrido, from his prison cell, asking her "to understand him".

Garrido's 87-year-old father Manuel, who is divorced from Patricia, said: "He doesn't want his mother to think ill of him. But I don't think he'll ever be truly sorry. With Phillip there's something not right with his mind.

Manuel added: "Phillip hasn't been in touch with me and I want nothing to do with him."

There have been reports that police investigating the kidnapping believe Garrido abducted Dugard because his wife Nancy was infertile and he wanted "God's innocent vessel" to produce children.

Like her husband, 55-year-old Nancy is awaiting trial in custody in California. Both are expected in court on October 29 for a preliminary hearing but the actual trial is not expected to start for months, perhaps even another two years. 

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/54856,people,news,jaycee-lee-dugard-wants-to-go-back-to-school
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

Jaycee: 'A Real Innocence in Her Eyes'
Friends say Dugard adjusting well to new life with mom, daughters

Newser) – Hello! magazine offers another glimpse at kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard as an adult, riding horseback and posing with mother Terry Probyn. Sources close to the family say Dugard is bonding with her mother and 19-year-old half-sister, and that Dugard’s two “smart, playful” daughters—who were always told she was their sister—now know she is their mother, the Telegraph reports.

“Meeting her, if you didn't know what happened, you would never guess in a million years,” one friend says. “She's friendly, she jokes, she's a sweet girl and very kind. She also has a real innocence in her eyes.” Another says of her daughters, “Because of the unconditional, protective love she showed them when they thought she was their big sister, it's more a case of switching titles—the love is still there.”

http://www.newser.com/story/72197/jaycee-a-real-innocence-in-her-eyes.html#
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1150 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »

Phillip Garrido May Have Been Involved in Tax Evasion
Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If the Berkeley officer, Ally Jacobs, never exposed Phillip Garrido in the Jaycee Dugard case, he may have been apprehended by authorities anyhow. According to Contra Costa County records Garrido stopped paying property taxes in 2004. Technically the property, 1554 Walnut Avenue in Antioch, is still deeded to Phillip’s mother Patricia Franzen. Franzen has allegedly been heavily influenced by dementia. Since she was left in Garrido’s care it’s safe to assume that payment of the taxes would have been Phillip Garrido’s responsibility.

Currently, there is a secured tax lien on the property in excess of $7,000. With the current housing recession in mind, Garrido may or may not have been able to repay the tax lien. If the tax lien was never paid the County would have eventually taken and sold 1554 Walnut Avenue. Even if Garrido had over $7,000 to repay the full redemption amount, the pattern of non-payment for the past 5 years casts serious doubt on whether payment plans were in the property’s future.

MORE....

http://www.antiochgrove.com/2009/10/21/phillip-garrido-may-have-been-involved-in-tax-evasion/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1151 on: October 29, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

Man who says he's Jaycee Lee Dugard's real father tells story

The man who says he's Jaycee Lee Dugard's father spoke to reporters outside an El Dorado County Courthouse Thursday.

Ken Slayton sat through a court hearing for Phillip and Nancy Garrido, the husband and wife accused of holding Dugard captive in their backyard for 18 years. The Garridos were in court for just a couple of minutes Thursday, where their attorneys set Dec. 11 as the next court date.

Afterward, Slayton said that he has never met Dugard, but pledged his support.

“She needs a lot of help. I want to be part of the help. I'm here for her one way or another, if I meet her or if I don't meet her. Someday she'll know I was here,” Slayton, 63, said. He used even stronger words when asked how it felt to see Phillip Garrido in court. “I just wanted to rip the guy's head right off. It may sound a little barbaric. But look at what he did to my daughter ... What can you do but sit back and pray justice gets served,” Slayton said.

MORE...

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20091029/NEWS/910299988/1007/NONE&parentprofile=1056
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: October 29, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

Former Garrido victim attends court appearance

PLACERVILLE, Calif. The court hearing for Phillip and Nancy Garrido lasted only two minutes Thursday morning but turned into a media circus as Jaycee Lee Dugard's purported biological father and Garrido's 1976 rape victim both showed up in court.

The hearing, which started 45 minutes late as attorneys met in chambers with the judge to discuss discovery issues, was set back to Dec. 11.

But there was plenty of drama as Katie Callaway, the woman Garrido kidnapped and raped during a horrifying night inside a Reno, Nev., storage unit in 1976, sat in the front row staring at her attacker. In 1977, Garrido was convicted in federal court of kidnapping Callaway and in Nevada's Washoe Superior Court of rape.

"It was intensely emotional," Callaway said Thursday. "I about broke down. It is the same old feeling from 32 years ago."

MORE...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/sns-200910291837mctnewsservbc-kidnappedgirl-sa2146,0,417250.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: October 29, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »

Suprise Spectators At Garrido Hearing

Placerville - Two more than interested spectators joined a horde of news reporters and cameras at today's brief court hearing for Phillip and Nancy Garrido. The couple faces 29 counts of kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment in the aduction case of Jaycee Lee Dugard.

In the audience for the first time was Katie Callaway Hall, theReno woman Phillip Garrido kidnaped and raped in 1976. Ken Slayton also attended. He's the Riverside man who claims to be Jaycee Lee Dugard's estranged biological father.

Callaway Hall said she was unexpectedly emotional upon seeing Phillip Garrido up close.

"The same old fears came back as I felt 32 years ago when he had me," said Callaway Hall.

More...

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-tv-garridospectators,0,1663078.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1154 on: October 29, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »

Hearing postponed for alleged kidnappers

PLACERVILLE, Calif., Oct. 29 (UPI) -- A California judge postponed a hearing Thursday for Phillip and Nancy Garrido, the couple who allegedly imprisoned Jaycee Dugard for 18 years.

After meeting with prosecutors and defense lawyers in his chambers, El Dorado County Judge Douglas Phimister said the hearing was rescheduled for Dec. 11, the Reno Gazette-Journal reported.

The Garridos were brought to court, a rare public appearance since their arrest in August. Also in the courtroom was Katie Callaway Hall, who was kidnapped and raped by Garrido in 1976, 15 years before Dugard disappeared.

MORE....

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/10/29/Hearing-postponed-for-alleged-kidnappers/UPI-67671256853561/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1155 on: October 29, 2009, 08:19:20 PM »

I’ll rip kidnapper's face off,’ Jaycee Lee Dugard’s absent father says

Ken Slayton has never met his daughter Jaycee Lee Dugard — the victim of Phillip Garrido — but he hates her alleged rapist and kidnapper with a terrible passion.

“I’m old school,” he said. “I just want to rip his face off.”

Mr Slayton attended the latest court appearance of Mr Garrido and his wife, Nancy, yesterday to plead — via the media — with Ms Dugard’s mother to be allowed to see Jaycee and, after 30 years, to be the father to her he has never been.

Mr Slayton, a Vietnam veteran who won a Purple Heart, had a brief relationship with Ms Dugard’s mother, Terry Susan Probyn, in the summer of 1979. They split up and although he knew she had become pregnant, he played no further part in her life.

MORE....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6896087.ece
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1156 on: November 01, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »

I wonder if the freaks are responsible for the vanishing of Gayle Marks of Stockton? She looked very young for 18, imo.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marks_gayle.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1157 on: November 04, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »

Parole Agents Should Have Found Jaycee Dugard, Report Says
ABC News ^ | November 4, 2009 | Sarah Netter

Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:22:42 PM by La Lydia

State Review Found Multiple Failures in the Supervision of Phillip Garrido...California parole officers failed to properly supervise the man accused of holding Jaycee Dugard captive for 18 years and missed numerous opportunities to free her, according to a scathing report released today by the Office of the Inspector General. A months-long investigation headed by California Inspector General David R. Shaw turned up more than a dozen failures on the part of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, which had been assigned to supervise Phillip Garrido, a registered sex offender, for the last 10 years.

"Our review shows that Garrido committed numerous parole violations and that the department failed to properly supervise Garrido and missed numerous opportunities to discover his victims," the report read.

Among the departments shortcomings in the Garrido case:

Failure to adequately classify Garrido - who had a history as a sexually violent predator - and supervise him accordingly.

Failure to obtain key information from federal parole authorities.

Failure to train parole agents to conduct parolee home visits. Failure to talk to neighbors or local public safety agencies.

Failure to act on information clearly showing Garrido had violated parole terms.

The CDCR took charge of Garrido's supervision in 1999 after he was released from federal supervision. Garrido was convicted in the 1970s of raping and kidnapping a California woman....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2378628/posts

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1158 on: November 07, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »

Jaycee Dugard's story is going to be on TLC tomorrow night....(Sunday)....8:00 P.M.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1159 on: November 07, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »

Thanks cookie 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.