April 27, 2024, 03:15:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471216 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1220 on: July 02, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »

California to Compensate Jaycee Dugard With $20 Million
State Allocation Acknowledges Failure to Supervise Sex Offender Who Kidnapped Dugard

The state of California approved a $20 million payment today to kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard for failing to properly supervise the registered sex offender who held her captive for 18 years.

California legislators today overwhelmingly approved the negotiated settlement the state and Dugard. The allocation was part of a larger Assembly bill, labeled only as "claims against the state; payment."

Though there were three other claims in the same bill, the total sum was $21.1 million, giving the lion's share to Dugard, now 30 and the mother of two daughters she bore while in captivity.

The bill will now to go Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's desk for approval, but because of a glitch caused by the state's operating without a budget into the new fiscal year, the governor will have to formally request to see the legislation.

Schwarzenegger will sign the bill, spokesman Aaron McLear said today.

The settlement was reached with Dugard and the Department of Justice on June 24.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jaycee-dugard-20-million-california-failing-supervise-captor/story?id=11065346

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1221 on: July 08, 2010, 10:04:41 AM »

Seems like we already knew this, but it is dated today, so I'll post>>

July 8, 2010 Thursday
The Virginian-Pilot Edition 

Parole agents spoke to jaycee dugard, report says

The Associated Press
SACRAMENTO, Calif.

A report prepared by the state attorney general's office says California parole agents spoke to the woman who was held captive by a paroled rapist for 18 years and bore his two children, but they never bothered to follow up.

The revelation about how parole agents missed another opportunity to rescue Jaycee Dugard is contained in a report obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press under the California Public Records Act.

Dugard, now 30, said parole agents spoke with her during her captivity, and with the older of the two daughters she bore to Phillip Garrido. Garrido has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and raping Dugard, who was 11 when she disappeared.

The document was prepared by the attorney general's office and sent to lawmakers in advance of their vote last week to settle with the Dugard family for $20 million.

Dugard and her daughters, ages 15 and 12, said state parole agents failed to properly supervise Garrido starting in 1999 and did not follow up on reports and observations that might have led to their rescue. They surfaced last August after living for nearly two decades in a compound in the backyard of Garrido's house .

Previous reports from the state corrections department and an independent inspector general said parole agents had discovered one of the girls Garrido had fathered with Dugard but accepted his explanation that she was a niece. That contact was made in 2008 when the girl was 12.

Those reports made no mention of any contact between parole agents and Dugard while she was being held captive.

Inspector general spokeswoman Laura Hill declined to comment on the attorney general's internal report to lawmakers. Terry Thornton, spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, said she could not immediately comment. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1219095033&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1222 on: September 25, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »

Jaycee Dugard kidnap suspect trial suspended

* From correspondents in Los Angeles
    * September 25, 2010 11:33AM

A US judge has suspended the trial of a paroled sex offender who allegedly kidnapped a young girl and imprisoned her for nearly two decades, pending an assessment of his mental state.

A lawyer for Phillip Garrido, who fathered two children with Jaycee Dugard before being arrested after her release last year, claimed he was not mentally competent to face trial.

"The court suspended criminal proceedings for Phillip Garrido," said court official Jackie Davenport after the ruling in Placerville, northeast of San Francisco.

"The defence attorney Susan Gellman declared doubts as to Phillip Garrido's mental competence and the court found that there was sufficient doubt to suspend the criminal proceedings," she said.

Garrido is accused of kidnapping Dugard, 11, outside her home in South Lake Tahoe, California in 1991, just three years after he was released from prison after serving only 11 years of a 50-year sentence for rape.

Dugard was found alive in August 2009 after being imprisoned by Garrido for 18 years in a secret compound in the backyard of the sex offender's home in Antioch, east of San Francisco.

The case led to angry questions about why Garrido had been free to kidnap Dugard and why authorities had failed to discover his crimes earlier, even though he was on parole and supposedly subject to tight monitoring by authorities.

A new hearing is scheduled for October 8 to appoint an expert in the case, said Ms Davenport.

In July, California politicians approved a $US20 million ($21 million) compensation payout to Dugard.

California's Inspector General David Shaw issued a blistering report on the case last November, saying a catalogue of mistakes had allowed Garrido to walk free for years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/jaycee-dugard-kidnap-suspect-trial-suspended/story-e6freoox-1225929232246

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: February 03, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/02/phillip-garrido-ruled-competent-trial-jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnapping.html
Phillip Garrido ruled competent to stand trial in Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping
February 3, 2011

The judge in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case ruled Thursday that defendant Phillip Garrido is mentally competent to stand trial for her 1991 abduction.

El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister reviewed reports from psychiatrists and handed down the ruling Thursday shortly after 1 p.m.
(snip)
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Feb. 28 to decide if state prosecutors and Garrido’s defense are prepared to move forward with the case, Davenport said.

An arraignment on Garrido’s grand jury indictment is scheduled for the same day, officials said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1224 on: February 03, 2011, 09:13:44 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/02/phillip-garrido-ruled-competent-trial-jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnapping.html
Phillip Garrido ruled competent to stand trial in Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping
February 3, 2011

The judge in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case ruled Thursday that defendant Phillip Garrido is mentally competent to stand trial for her 1991 abduction.

El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister reviewed reports from psychiatrists and handed down the ruling Thursday shortly after 1 p.m.
(snip)
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Feb. 28 to decide if state prosecutors and Garrido’s defense are prepared to move forward with the case, Davenport said.

An arraignment on Garrido’s grand jury indictment is scheduled for the same day, officials said.

good..now let's get on with the trial and get this scum found guilty!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1225 on: February 04, 2011, 05:20:03 AM »

Garrido to go on trial for Dugard kidnap

* By Lisa Leff in Placerville, California
    * February 04, 2011 12:36PM

A CALIFORNIA judge has ruled that a man accused of kidnapping and holding a girl captive for 18 years is competent to stand trial.

Lawyers for Phillip Garrido had argued that he is not competent to stand trial, along with his wife, on 18 counts each of kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment.

A jury had been set to hear arguments on the competency issue, but both sides said in court they agreed instead to let the judge decide the matter.

El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister quickly issued his ruling, based on numerous psychiatric reports.

snipped >

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/garrido-to-go-on-trial-for-dugard-kidnap/story-e6freoox-1226000187980

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1226 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »

He knew exactly what he was doing..He is a pedophile and he had no remorse for what he did to Jaycee and probably the daughters too if the truth be told...hope not..but I don't see him being "cured"...they never are...jmo

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1227 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

Exactly. There is no cure for 'sexual preference'.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1228 on: February 10, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:19:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1229 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

the only "good" thing about a plea deal is that he may be locked up for lots of years and then Jaycee will not have to testify and relive her nightmare for the world to see/hear...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:19:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1230 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »

In the Nation

Lawyer: Couple admit kidnapping

PLACERVILLE, Calif. - A couple charged with kidnapping 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard and holding her captive for 18 years have fully confessed to authorities, a defense lawyer said Monday.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/117132213.html

::snipping2::
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1231 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/philllip-garrido-pleads-not-guilty-to-kidnapping-of-jaycee-lee-dugard.html
Phillip Garrido pleads not guilty to kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard
April 7, 2011

Accused kidnapper and rapist Phillip Garrido pleaded not guilty Thursday to snatching an 11-year-old schoolgirl from her South Lake Tahoe-area street, holding her captive for nearly two decades and fathering her two daughters.
Earlier this week, Stephen Tapson, Nancy Garrido's defense attorney, said Phillip Garrido was expected to plead guilty.

"He's confessed to it, so he's pleading guilty and he doesn't want to put Jaycee through the trial," Tapson said in an interview Monday. In addition, Tapson said, Garrido was hoping to gain a measure of mercy for his wife.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »

http://www.fox11az.com/news/national/120897704.html
Dugard 'relieved' by guilty pleas
April 28, 2011

PLACERVILLE (AP) — Jaycee Dugard (DOO'-gard) says she's "relieved" that Phillip and Nancy Garrido have pleaded guilty to charges that they kidnapped and raped her, and held her captive for nearly two decades.

The surprise guilty pleas came at a hastily arranged court hearing today in California. Both defendants had pleaded not guilty earlier this month.

Phillip Garrido faces a maximum of 431 years to life. His wife could get 36 to life.

Today's plea deals will mean that Dugard and her two daughters born after she was raped by Phillip Garrido won't have to testify at a trial.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1233 on: April 29, 2011, 10:49:37 AM »

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110429/NEWS/104290326

Posted on Fri. Apr. 29, 2011 - 10:10 am EDT     RSS    E-mail

Couple admits to girl's kidnap, rape
Held Jaycee Dugard for 18 years in backyard

By Don Thompson
of The Associated Press 

PLACERVILLE, Calif. — A convicted sex offender and his wife are likely to spend the rest of their lives in prison after pleading guilty to kidnapping and raping a California girl who gave birth to two daughters while being held for 18 years in the couple’s backyard.

Phillip and Nancy Garrido admitted abducting Jaycee Dugard in 1991 and holding her captive in a hidden compound of tents and sheds under a hastily negotiated deal with prosecutors that was motivated, in part, by a desire to keep the now-grown victim and her children from having to testify at a trial.

“I’m relieved that Phillip and Nancy Garrido have finally acknowledged their guilt and confessed to their crimes against me and my family,” Dugard said in a statement released by her spokeswoman, Nancy Seltzer.

Phillip Garrido, 60, faces a maximum sentence of 431 years to life in prison after entering guilty pleas to 14 kidnapping and sexual assault charges, including six counts of rape and seven counts of committing lewd acts captured on video.

His wife, Nancy Garrido, 55, who originally faced the same charges as her husband and a sentence of 181 years to life, pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping and one count of rape. She faces a maximum sentence of 36 years to life.

Both defendants waived their right to appeal and were scheduled to be sentenced on June 2. Each is technically eligible for parole, but the lengths of their respective sentences makes it doubtful they will ever go free, lawyers on both sides said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1234 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

they both make me sick

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13740419
Video
Jaycee Dugard, California Woman Held 18 Years Was 'Too Afraid to Try Escape'
June 2, 2011

A woman who was kidnapped, raped and held captive for 18 years was so afraid of her abductors that she never tried to escape, according to court documents released Thursday.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »

ABC’s Diane Sawyer Scores First Interview With Jaycee Lee DugardABC’s Diane Sawyer Scores First Interview With Jaycee Lee Dugard

Kidnapping survivor Jaycee Lee Dugard will be giving her first television interview to Diane Sawyer.

Dugard, who was held captive by Phillip Garrido and his wife, Nancy, for 18 years, will give a taped interview to the ABC anchor that will air next month, RadarOnline.com has learned.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/06/jaycee-dugard-tv-interview-diane-sawyer-abc

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: June 08, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »

ABC’s Diane Sawyer Scores First Interview With Jaycee Lee DugardABC’s Diane Sawyer Scores First Interview With Jaycee Lee Dugard

Kidnapping survivor Jaycee Lee Dugard will be giving her first television interview to Diane Sawyer.

Dugard, who was held captive by Phillip Garrido and his wife, Nancy, for 18 years, will give a taped interview to the ABC anchor that will air next month, RadarOnline.com has learned.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/06/jaycee-dugard-tv-interview-diane-sawyer-abc

this will be very interesting..I hope that Jaycee writes a book too..

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1238 on: July 06, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

People Mag

Jaycee Dugard Tells Her Story of Kidnap and Abuse
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20507910,00.html

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1239 on: July 11, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »

The full interview with Diane Sawyer can be seen here in case anyone missed it.  It is a very uplifting story in spite of the 18 years she lost. Jaycee is an amazing woman!

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnapped-age-11-exclusive-interview-abuse-hope-phillip-garrido-us-14042107?tab=9482930&section=14030321&playlist=14030323

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.