April 27, 2024, 07:35:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471197 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »

but the core group consisted of two girls about 4 years old, one girl about 11, another girl about 15 and a young woman about 25. They were all blonde, she said.

Who and where are the 4 year olds?  The 11, 15 and 25 (29 really) year old were found today...but where are the 4 year olds?
That's what I've been sitting here wondering 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »

I normally just lurk and read, but this case has me so engrossed. There are so many un-answered questions that hopefully will be answered in the next few days.

Please jump in Myview.  I am stunned that they checked his house in July of last year and found nothing.  Now we also find out he stole the life savings of a senior as well.   
And his mother lived there as well, wonder what she all knew? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »

I am now gonna throw up......

Garrido called KCRA TV anchor Walt Gray today, and KCRA has posted audio of their conversation.  Listen to audio here: http://www.kcra.com/download/2009/0828/20591132.mp3

"Wait until you hear the story of what took place at this house," Gallido told Gray. "You are going to be completely impressed."

Gallido insisted he had turned his life around.

"If you take this a step at a time you're going to fall over backwards and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful heart-warming story," he said in the interview.

Jaycee Lee Dugard, blue-eyed and blond, was abducted while walking to school June 10, 1991, near her home in Meyers, south of South Lake Tahoe.

Carl Probyn, Jaycee's stepfather, said today that his wife and daughter flew to Northern California to meet Dugard and that his wife, Terry, spoke with the young woman by phone Wednesday night.

The Probyns, who are separated, live in Southern California, Carl in Orange County and Terry in Riverside. Terry Probyn and their daughter, Shayna, 19, boarded a 6 a.m. flight to the Bay Area to meet with Dugard, Carl Probyn said.

"I'm just pleased that she is alive and well," said Probyn, a 60-year-old Orange County wallpaper contractor.

Dugard's disappearance prompted a massive search, nationwide publicity and one of the largest police investigations in the region.

Dugard was on her way to school when authorities said she was pulled into a stranger's car just a block from her home.

Probyn said he heard her scream and saw a man and a woman drive his stepdaughter away in a gray two-tone sedan.

Dugard was never seen again.

Authorities say she was hidden in "a backyard within a backyard" in an Antioch home on Walnut Avenue the entire time, shielded from view by tents, sheds and, apparently, the same vehicle that had been used to abduct her.

Neighbors told The Bee today that they had called police about two years ago to report that there were tents on Garrido's property and children at the home. They knew Garrido was a sex offender required to register on the state's Megan's Law Web site. However, they said nothing ever came of the call.

California parole officials called a press conference today to explain that their Bay Area agent was central to the discovery of "Allissa's" real identity.

CDCR Undersecretary of Operations Scott Kernan said Garrido had been under the supervision of state parole agents for 10 years and had been subject to home and office visits and had to wear a GPS ankle monitoring device.

He had transferred his parole from Nevada to California in 1999, but El Dorado sheriff's officials said they believe Garrido had been in Antioch since the abduction.

"He had no parole violations," Kernan said. "He was compliant with his conditions of parole."

From time to time, Dugard's case would be revisited by reporters, but her family had no idea what had happened to her until about 4 p.m. Wednesday, when Shayna Probyn called Carl Probyn and said, "Mom has something to say to you. Are you sitting down?"

His wife told him: "They found Jaycee. She is alive."

The couple cried for about 10 minutes as they spoke to each other.

Probyn said FBI agents had called his wife at work and told her they had Jaycee. Thinking it was a joke, she told the caller she did not appreciate what she thought was a ruse.

The FBI then put the young woman on the telephone.

"My wife said that who she spoke to remembers everything," Carl Probyn said. "My wife and Jaycee were joined at the hip."

http://www.kcra.com/download/2009/0828/20591132.mp3

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »

thanks No Rose...I am watching Anderson Cooper right now who is talking about it..

slowly getting the gist of all of this...

can you imagine how scared Jaycee must have been? an 11 yr old girl in a shed all by herself..probably not much light, no tv...locked up? it chills me to my core to even think about how scared she was...
thank God she is found and hopefully she and her daughters can have a happier life now..
I would bet that her daughters were also molested by this creeep!!!!! they had a jail house statement from this nut case on Anderson Cooper...he is a real nutter!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

thanks No Rose...I am watching Anderson Cooper right now who is talking about it..

can you imagine how scared Jaycee must have been? an 11 yr old girl in a shed all by herself..probably not much light, no tv...locked up? it chills me to my core to even think about how scared she was...
thank God she is found and hopefully she and her daughters can have a happier life now..
I would bet that her daughters were also molested by this creeep!!!!! they had a jail house statement from this nut case on Anderson Cooper...he is a real nutter!

I just posted the link to the full interview from jail.  He needs to be put in front of a speeding semi with no breaks.

Here is the audio of the creep's interview this afternoon

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:57 PM »

I just posted the link to the full interview from jail.  He needs to be put in front of a speeding semi with no breaks.

yes, we must have been posting around the same time...you are quicker than me!
thank you for all your articles...I have read everyone of them on here and one gets creepier than the last one!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

Phillip Garrido's Backyard of Horrors

This here's the California backyard where Phillip Garrido, who's living residence is to the right, kept Jaycee Dugard prisoner for 18 years. He obviously gave a hoot about building codes.

The New York Times report on the home describes the backyard as...

A collection of ragged tents and sheds secreted behind the Garridos' home, a ranch-style house in a ramshackle neighborhood in an unincorporated area outside Antioch, a Bay Area suburb of 100,000.

They forgot to include "shit hole."

http://gawker.com/5347379/phillip-garridos-backyard-of-horrors
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:33 PM »

yes, we must have been posting around the same time...you are quicker than me!
thank you for all your articles...I have read everyone of them on here and one gets creepier than the last one!

Agree that it gets worse as more info comes out.  I am really concerned about the fwo four years olds mentioned as well as the mental state of all three girls.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

Jaycee's Return: A Community's Prayers Answered

The day after Jaycee Dugard disappeared in June of 1991, a broken Terri Probyn looked into television cameras, pleading to her kidnappers for her safety and hoping her words were reaching her daughter.

"Jaycee, if you're out there, you know I love you and I want you to come home soon."

The anguish on Terri Probyn's face that day 18 years ago spoke not only to her missing daughter and those who had taken her, but spoke to the fears of every parent.

Jaycee Dugard was by all accounts a happy, well adjusted 11 year old in 1991 living in South Lake Tahoe with her mother, stepfather and young sister.

She disappeared in broad daylight walking down this street to her school bus stop. As her stepfather watched horrified, a car turned around, stopped. A woman jumped out grabbed her. The car sped off.

The kidnapping launched a massive search for the woman and the vehicle . But they had vanished.

A day later, investigators could only guess at her fate or the kidnappers motive. Terri Probyn could only hope they heard her plea.

"Please don't hurt her. She's a good girl ," she asked holding back tears. "Bring her back home to me."

The kidnapping also brought an outpouring of support for her family and for efforts to find her. Candlelight vigils, marches, church services. Thousands of fliers were distributed.Local musicians wrote and recorded a song. It's lyrics putting everyone's hope to music...."the love we have will shelter you wherever you may be....."

It was all about keeping the case and hope alive, but weeks and months turned into years. Even the most hopeful, the most committed it's likely, long ago, surrendered to the certainty that Jaycee was not coming home.

If today's news was unimagined everyone who stood with her family 18 years ago could rightly claim prayers are sometimes answered and miracles do happen.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/55532467.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:58:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

do we have a puke monkey? we need one after hearing this story!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2009, 11:02:46 PM »

Yeah..well I'd be happy to give this guy a heart warming story of my own for him..about 220 volts on bare wire inserted in his who-who.

I'd also like to know when the local parole office was doing their home field check on this freak and saw the fence with a gate in the backyard.. why didn't they didn't friggin open the gate and walk through since they couldn't see over the fence...just to see what was on the other side.  Doesn't even sound like they left the house..just looked from the porch.  Yeah..make sure they all get nice pay raises while we're at it.

I can't listen to the interview right now with the station..but I guess we will hear the Holy Spirit moved him to  have sex with Jaycee and her children and who knows how many others.   I am so sick of these religious zealots doing such horrid things in the name of our Lord.  Yeah..I hope those angels are talking to yu now buddy.

And like you NorthernRose..I am wondering about these 4 year olds..possibly twins of one of the girls or Jaycee?  Just speculating on that.  Lord have mercy on this man's soul ..because I sure don't.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »

do we have a puke monkey? we need one after hearing this story!

I was thinking the same thing.  BTW Love yur ew avi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:59:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

pukel puker

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:00:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »

Sheriff: Kidnap victim, children kept in backyard compound

(CNN) -- An 11-year-old California girl snatched from the street in front of her house in 1991 had two children with the man accused of taking her and was forced along with the children to live in backyard sheds, police said Thursday.

"From what they have both said, he fathered both of those children with Jaycee," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar told reporters.

The girls, now 11 and 15, had been living with their mother, now 29, in a series of sheds behind Garrido's house in Antioch, California, until they were discovered on Wednesday, Kollar said.

"None of the children had ever gone to school, they had never been to a doctor, they were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will, at the rear of the house," he said. "They were born there."

In a rambling telephone interview from jail, Garrido told CNN affiliate KCRA of Sacramento he was relieved at being caught.

"I feel much better now," he said. "This is a process that needed to take place." 

Kollar said Garrido's wife, Nancy, was with her husband when Dugard was abducted from the street in front of her house in South Lake Tahoe. Dugard was already a registered sex offender at the time.

"There was nothing then nor is there anything now to indicate that this was anything other than a stranger abduction of an 11-year-old," Kollar said.

The investigation went years without apparent progress until Tuesday, when Garrido showed up on the campus of the University of California at Berkeley with his two daughters and attempted to get permission to hand out literature and speak, Kollar said. He did not know the subject of either the literature or the planned talk.

A police officer "thought the interaction between the older male and the two young females was rather suspicious," so she confronted them and performed a background check on him, Kollar said.

That check revealed that Garrido was on federal parole for a 1971 conviction for rape and kidnapping, for which he had served time in the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kansas.

A school spokesman identified the officers as Allison Jacobs and Lisa Campbell, and said the two became suspicious of "subtle behavior" Garrido exhibited.

They passed on the information to Garrido's parole officer, who requested that the 58-year-old man appear Wednesday at the parole office.

Garrido did just that, accompanied by his wife Nancy "and a female named Allissa," Kollar said.

The presence of "Allissa" and the two children surprised the parole officer, who had never seen them during visits to Garrido's house, Kollar said.

"Ultimately, Allissa was identified as Dugard," Kollar said.

DNA confirmation is being sought to confirm her identity, but Dugard revealed information during an interview that only she could have known, Kollar said.

"The two minor children turned out to be children of Jaycee and the male suspect, Garrido," he said.

Scott Kernan, undersecretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, told reporters that Garrido admitted to having abducted Dugard.

El Dorado County Sheriff's Office online records showed that Phillip and Nancy Garrido were both in the county jail, held on suspicion of offenses including conspiracy to commit a crime and kidnapping with the intent to commit robbery and rape.

Dugard had been living behind Garrido's home since she was kidnapped, Kollar said.

But their presence there apparently went unnoticed by others in the residential neighborhood, where homes on one-fourth to one-half-acre lots typically sell for less than $200,000, said Kathy Russo, whose father has lived two houses away from the Garridos for 33 years.

"My dad said he never saw a young woman," said Russo, who added that her father -- 94-year-old Dante Confetti -- considered Garrido to be a "kind of strange, reclusive, kind of an angry kind of guy."

She said the one-story house's backyard was obscured by trees and ringed by an wooden fence.

Her family's last contact with Garrido occurred last fall, she said. "He was burning something in the back yard and my home health aide called the fire department," Russo said.

"He was really pissed off," she said. "Came over to the house and started yelling."

Garrido told KCRA that he left documents three days ago with the FBI in San Francisco that would shed light on the case and urged him to obtain them. "They're going to be a part of the trial," he said.

A call from CNN the FBI's San Francisco bureau was not immediately returned.

Garrido said he could not go into detail about why he chose to abduct Dugard. "I haven't talked to a lawyer yet, so I can't do that," he said.

But Garrido said he had "completely turned my life around" in the past several years. "You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward and in the end you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

He added, "Wait til you hear the story of what took place at this house. You're going to be absolutely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place with me in the beginning, but I turned my life completely around."

Describing the two daughters, he said, "Those two girls slept in my arms every single night from birth; I never kissed them."

But in a later comment, he said that, from the time the youngest was born, "everything turned around."

Asked about the fact that they had not seen doctors, he said, "We just didn't have the finances and so forth."

Kollar said a search of Garrido's property "revealed a hidden backyard within a backyard," he said. It included several sheds no higher than 6 feet tall, two tents and several outbuildings "where Jaycee and the girls spent most of their lives."

The "secondary" backyard was inside the first and was "screened from view." One of the sheds was soundproof, he said.

"The way the backyard is set up you could walk through the backyard, walk through the house and never know that there was another set of living circumstances in that backyard."

At the end of the backyard is a 6-foot fence lined with shrubs, tall trees, garbage bags and a tarp, all of which obscured views of what was there, he said.

Extension cords provided electricity to the sheds and tents, and an outhouse and rudimentary shower "as if you were camping" were there, too, he said.

Dugard "was in good health, but living in a backyard for the past 18 years does take its toll," Kollar said. He described her as "relatively cooperative, relatively forthcoming" in discussions with detectives. But he said Dugard was "in relatively good condition," neither obviously abused nor malnourished. He added, "There are no known attempts by her to outreach to anybody."

The mother and her two daughters were staying at a motel in the area, he said. "Family reunification has begun and will be a long and ongoing process," he said, presumably referring to Dugard's parents.

Earlier Thursday, Carl Probyn, Dugard's stepfather, told CNN that an FBI agent had called his wife, Terry, on Wednesday afternoon to tell her that Dugard had been found.

"Jaycee remembers everything," he said. "They talked back and forth and she had the right answers to all my wife's questions."

He said, "I'm feeling great! ... It's like winning the Lotto."

He witnessed the abduction of the blonde, blue-eyed girl, who was wearing a pink windbreaker and pink stretch pants as she walked to her bus stop on June 10, 1991.  Watch the stepfather describe finding out Jaycee is alive »

At the time, "it was reported that a vehicle occupied by two individuals drove up to Jaycee Dugard and abducted her in view of her stepfather," the El Dorado County Sheriff's office said Thursday.

Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, said the reappearance of Dugard is "absolutely huge."

"One of the things that we preach to searching families all the time ... is that even in these long-term cases there's hope," he said.

"Even in these long-term cases ... it's important that we not let the world forget."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/27/california.missing.girl/?imw=Y
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »

Meet Phillip Craig Garrido

The 58-year-old registered sex offender arrested in connection with the abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard is named Phillip Craig Garrido. Garrido, fortunately for those of us who want to see what crazy really looks like, had a blog:

http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/.

He was also planning to start a website: GodsDesire.net. In case you doubt the blog belongs to Garrido (who gave the GodsDesire URL in the blog), here is the registration address for the owner of GodsDesire.net:

Administrative Contact:

Garrido, Phillip phillip.garrido@sbcglobal.net
God's Desire
1554 Walnut Ave
Antioch, California 94509
United States
(925) 754-XXXX Fax --

According to court records a search warrant was issued for the address for God's Desire, 1554 Walnut Avenue in Antioch, CA, on Wednesday. Phillip Garrido and his wife, Nancy, have been arrested and are being held on $1 million bond.

CNN reports that Garrido has been charged with "kidnapping, rape, lewd behavior, sexual 
​penetration and conspiracy." Nancy Garrido faces charges of "kidnapping and conspiracy."

Long before Jaycee Dugard disappeared, her alleged kidnapper was an experienced predator.

Public records show that Phillip Garrido was born in Contra Costa, CA on April 5, 1951. Carson City, Nevada records indicate a marriage between Garrido and Christine Perreira in March, 1973. The marriage lasted just 7 years, and the couple's divorce was final in October, 1980.

It may be remarkable that the union lasted that long, for in 1977, Phillip Garrido was convicted of kidnapping a woman on November 23, 1976. From the Reno Evening Gazette, February 12, 1977:

Garrido was convicted of abducting the woman at a South Lake Tahoe grocery store parking lot then driving her to Reno, where she was kept for several hours in a mini-warehouse.
[Garrido] faces Washoe County charges of possession of a controlled substance, rape and sex perversion.
Garrido was 25 and working as a musician in Reno when he abducted the 25-year-old victim, who was a casino worker. A November 1976 account of the crime in the Nevada State Journal told of Garrido knocking on the window of the victim's car, claiming his own vehicle was disabled. He asked for a ride.

They had only driven a short distance when the woman said Garrido grabbed her. He slapped on handcuffs and taped her mouth. They drove to Reno and the storage unit where Garrido assaulted her.

It appeared to investigating officers that Garrido had turned the unit into a residence, even though his address was elsewhere in the city. Detectives found a regular 70s-era sexual predator's bachelor pad - rugs on the floors and walls, porno mags, a projector, "marital aids," wine, hot water and oddly, a spotlight.

Chillingly, another woman in the area reported after Garrido's arrest that he had tried to kidnap her before he succeeded with the casino worker.
This 1976 abduction marked Garrido's first interaction with the FBI, which is also investigating what happened to Jaycee Dugard. The feds became involved because the abduction crossed the NV/CA state line.

Just as I was finishing this post, a reader sent an e-mail regarding this case. The tipster reported that Jaycee Dugard may be the mother of two children.

I've linked to Garrido's crazy blog already, but it is such a marvel of nuttiness that it was worth it to preserve the page. A copy of the blog is embedded at the bottom of this post.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/08/meet_phillip_craig_garrido.php

Bumping this article from Northern Rose.

Now if this freak was kidnapping , raping and holding a woman in a storage shed in 1975..wouldn't that be the first place yuo'd look in his yard..esppecially if neighbors complained to local LE about the young girls and the old arrangement of sheds and tents? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2009, 11:33:24 PM »

Resolution to 18-year mystery rocks Dugard's hometown

MEYERS, Calif -- MEYERS, Calif. - The news that Jaycee Lee Dugard was alive brought her former teacher back to the fifth-grade classroom of 1991 where scared children faithfully maintained the desk, books and pencils of a kidnapped girl and wrote letters to her - wherever she might have been.

On Wednesday, at a California parole office, Dugard revealed her identity - and her tortuous story: The 29-year-old woman was the shy 11-year-old who once sat near the front of Sue Bush's classroom at Meyers Elementary School near South Lake Tahoe, Calif.

She was the girl, abducted on the way to school in 1991, whose disappearance traumatized a community. She was the girl who left people wondering in sadness so many years later what might have happened to her.

By Thursday, she was the source of joy - and more wonder - for those who knew young Jaycee or came to know her story. Most weren't aware of the circumstances of her alleged captivity with a sex offender with whom she had two children.

"It's absolutely astonishing, unbelievable, surreal," Bush said. "I'm still trying to process it. It was hard to process when she was gone. Now it's hard to process that she is back."

The news that Jaycee was alive returned Jessica Brambila back to frightening, confusing events when Brambila was a 7-year-old second-grader at the same elementary school as Dugard.

"I just remember my parents asking me if I knew her, and I remember them insisting on walking me to the school bus every day after that," said Brambila, 26, who now lives across the street from the former school site. "I didn't really know what was going on."

She recalls wild rumors that later spread through the small town at the entryway to Lake Tahoe. She remembers one from a former family friend, who insisted that a man stopped at a gas station the day Jaycee was taken and remarked, "We found a virgin to sacrifice." She says no one knew what to believe.

Only a year ago, Brambila said she got a flier in the mail for the missing girl.

"I wondered if she was alive," she said. "People talk about it all the time. A lot of people assumed she died. When I went to the Raley's (supermarket) this morning, people were saying, 'Did you hear? Did you hear?' I think it's amazing. I could never imagine having my daughter kidnapped and 20 years later finding out that she was alive. I can't imagine what her parents must be feeling."

Meyers Elementary School was shuttered some years ago and reopened as the Lake Tahoe Environmental Science Magnet School. But a well-tended "memory garden" remains. An accompanying pastel blue wall is painted with butterflies for Jaycee and Krystal Dawn Steadman, a 9-year-old from the school who was kidnapped and murdered in 2000, and for two other students who died in accidents.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go," reads an inscription on a large rock in the garden. "Some stay for a while and leave footprints in our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."

Former Meyers Elementary principal Karen Tinlin, now at Tahoe's Bijou Community School, still remembers frenzied schoolchildren stepping off the bus that Jaycee normally rode, "knowing that she had been grabbed up into a car" before getting to the bus stop.

"I had kids in my office within a few hours, asking, 'Can we pray for Jaycee?' " Tinlin said. "Kids were very, very worried. They walk to the bus every day. It was a common thing - and then it went awry."

Bush, known as Sue Long when she was Jaycee's teacher, remembers how her class - in the closing days of the school year - became a group counseling session for a teacher and kids who refused to accept that Jaycee was gone forever.

"I'm so happy she is OK," said Bush, now retired in Nevada's Washoe Valley. "It must have taken great courage for her to step forward. I never actually believed she was dead - even though that seemed like the logical conclusion."

Aimee Rice, a fifth-grade teacher at the magnet school, didn't know Jaycee but said the 11-year-old's abduction never faded from memory. Each year, fifth-graders are shown her "missing" poster in a public safety program called "A Fighting Chance," that uses her case to trigger discussion on what to do if approached by strangers.

"Every fifth-grader in this town has seen Jaycee's picture," Rice said. "And then, today, I'm watching CNN and, suddenly, 'Wow! She's alive.' "

The magnet school's secretary, Monique Truszewski, who was working at the Heavenly ski resort when Jaycee was taken, said she "got chills" at the news.

"It's thrilling. I got tears in my eyes," Truszewski said. "We're a tight community. We all remember. It's going to be very interesting what comes out of this. What happened to this child? Did (the abductors) brainwash her? Did they scare her? Or did she, maybe, come to accept them?

"As a parent, I've wondered over the years: What would I have done? I can't imagine watching your kid at a bus stop getting taken."

http://www.bnd.com/living/home/story/899760.html
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »

There is a statute of limitations on kidnapping?  Pfft.  That is disgusting.  She was the mother of two kids, I bet she never reached out for help because he blackmailed her by using her children.  She already knew he is a sick psycho, she probably thought it was the only way to protect her children.  They need to change that statute of limitations law, almost makes you want to go complete vigilante.  I'm so upset over all of the suffering my mind is bouncing to all kinds of places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.