April 27, 2024, 11:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471240 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »

Stepfather in shock over kidnap victim's 18-year ordeal

<snipped>

ORANGE, California (CNN) -- He witnessed the 1991 abduction of his 11-year-old stepdaughter outside his home in California, and now Carl Probyn says he's still in shock that Jaycee Lee Dugard is alive.

Phillip Garrido is a registered sex offender, listed as having been convicted of forcible rape.

1 of 2  But the circumstances of her captivity that police say was at the hands of a registered sex offender have left him in disbelief.

"It's kind of a shocker," Carl Probyn told CNN's "American Morning." Her "youngest child is the same age as Jaycee when she was taken." He said he is still in disbelief.

Probyn said Thursday that he had witnessed the abduction of the blond, blue-eyed girl, who was wearing a pink windbreaker and pink stretch pants as she walked to her bus stop on June 10, 1991.

"When it first happened, I was thinking, 'If I had my car keys, I would have chased him and done this and this,'" Probyn said. "But lately, toward the last few years, I just wanted an ending to this."

Dugard's abductor, Phillip Garrido, fathered two daughters with her during her 18 years in captivity police said Thursday. 

The girls, now 11 and 15, had been living with their mother, now 29, isolated in sheds behind Garrido's house in Antioch, California, until they were discovered on Wednesday, according to El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar.

Police say Garrido's wife, Nancy, was with him when Dugard was snatched from the street in front of her house in South Lake Tahoe. Garrido was a registered sex offender at the time. Both are in police custody.

The compound where Garrido kept Dugard and her children was carefully screened from view.

"None of the children had ever gone to school, they had never been to a doctor, they were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will, at the rear of the house," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar told reporters. "They were born there."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/28/california.missing.girl/#cnnSTCVideo

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

Stepdad: Girl held 18 years enjoys 'happy' reunion
By JULIET WILLIAMS and SAMANTHA YOUNG (AP) – 11 minutes ago

PLACERVILLE, Calif. — A man suspected of snatching an 11-year-old girl and hiding her for nearly two decades in his backyard faced a Friday court appearance, as the woman's family reunited with their daughter and met the two children fathered by her alleged abductor.

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was 11 when she was abducted from a South Lake Tahoe street in 1991, was kept behind a series of fences, sheds and tents, even giving birth to her suspected abductor's children in the suburban backyard compound less than 200 miles from her childhood home.

Dugard's stepfather told CBS' "Early Show" Friday morning that he spoke to his wife late Thursday after she reunited with Dugard and everyone was "doing great."

"I think they're pretty happy," Carl Probyn said, noting six people were at the reunion — Jaycee Dugard, her two daughters, her sister, mother and another relative.

He said the most surprising thing to his wife was that Dugard looks almost like she did when she was taken.

"She looks very young, she looks very healthy," Probyn said. "She told me that Jaycee feels really guilty for bonding with this guy. She has a real guilt trip."

Phillip Garrido, 58, is being held for investigation of various kidnapping and sex charges. Authorities said his 54-year-old wife, Nancy Garrido, was with him during the kidnapping in South Lake Tahoe and she also has been arrested.

Dugard was taken directly to the house and sheltered from the world in a secret, leafy backyard, investigators said Thursday. Her abductor, investigators said, raped her and fathered two children with her, the first when Jaycee was about 14. Those girls, now 11 and 15, also were kept hidden away in the backyard compound behind the Antioch home.

"None of the children have ever been to school, they've never been to a doctor," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said. "They were kept in complete isolation in this compound."

Even a parole agent who visited Garrido's home didn't have an inkling about the hidden compound, Kollar said. Garrido is a registered sex offender on federal parole for rape and kidnapping convictions.

"The way the house is set up, the way the backyard is set up, you could walk through the backyard, walk through the house, and never know," Kollar said.

But neighbors said there were clues even before a parole agent on Wednesday noticed Dugard, now 29, who accompanied Garrido, his wife and the children to a parole office.

Neighbor Diane Doty said she could see the tents and often heard children playing in the backyard, the corner of which abuts her own backyard. She said she even suspected the children lived in the tents, but her husband said she should leave the family alone.

"I asked my husband, 'Why is he living in tents?'" she said. "And he said, 'Maybe that is how they like to live.'"

Dugard's stepfather, who witnessed her abduction and was a longtime suspect in the case, said he was overwhelmed by the news after doing everything he could to help find her.

"It broke my marriage up. I've gone through hell, I mean I'm a suspect up until yesterday," a tearful Probyn, 60, told The Associated Press at his home in Orange, Calif. He said her family felt troubled by learning the facts of how she was forced to live for 18 years.

The case broke after Garrido was spotted Tuesday with two children as he tried to enter the University of California, Berkeley, campus to hand out religious literature. Officers said he was acting suspiciously toward the children. They questioned him and did a background check, determined that he was a parolee and informed his parole officer.

Garrido was ordered to appear for a parole meeting and arrived Wednesday with Dugard, who identified herself as "Allissa," his wife, and two children. During questioning, corrections officials said he admitted to kidnapping Dugard.

Investigators said he did not yet have an attorney.

Police said they had no evidence that Dugard had ever reached out to anyone beyond the compound walls.

"She was in good health, but living in a backyard for the past 18 years does take its toll," Kollar said.

The backyard compound had electricity from extension cords and a rudimentary outhouse and shower, "as if you were camping," Kollar said.

Authorities said they do not know if Garrido also abused his daughters, but they are investigating.

Garrido's compound was located in Antioch, a city of 100,000 about 170 miles from the Dugard family home in South Lake Tahoe.

People who knew Garrido said he became increasingly fanatic about his religious beliefs in recent years, sometimes breaking out into song and claiming that God spoke to him through a box.

"In the last couple years he started getting into this strange religious stuff. We kind of felt sorry for him," said Tim Allen, president of East County Glass and Window Inc. in Pittsburg, Calif., who bought business cards and letterhead from Garrido's printing business for the last decade.

Three times in recent years, Garrido arrived at Allen's showroom with two "cute little blond girls" in tow, he said.

In April 2008, Garrido registered a corporation called Gods Desire at his home address, according to the California Secretary of State. During recent visits to the showroom, Garrido would talk about quitting the printing business to preach full time and gave the impression he was setting up a church, Allen said.

"He rambled. It made no sense," he said.

In a blog that appears to have been maintained by Garrido, he wrote that he had hired a private investigator to verify his ability to speak to people using only his mind. In an "affadavit" posted there, he said he had the ability to "control sound with my mind and have developed a device for others to witness this phenomena."

Garrido gave a rambling, sometimes incoherent phone interview to KCRA-TV from the El Dorado County jail Thursday in which he said he had not admitted to a kidnapping and that he had turned his life around since the birth of his first daughter 15 years ago.

"I tell you here's the story of what took place at this house, and you're going to be absolutely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place from the end to the beginning. But I turned my life completely around," he said.

In addition to kidnapping allegations, court records showed both Garridos were being held for investigation of rape by force, lewd and lascivious acts with a minor and kidnapping someone under 14 with intent to rape. Phillip Garrido also faces allegations of sexual penetration.

The AP, as a matter of policy, avoids identifying victims of alleged sexual abuse by name in its news reports. However, Dugard's disappearance had been known and reported for nearly two decades, making impossible any effort to shield her identity now.

Garrido has a long rap sheet dating to the 1970s.

He was convicted of kidnapping a 25-year-old woman whom he snatched from a South Lake Tahoe parking lot, handcuffed, tied down and held in a mini-warehouse in Reno, according to a November 1976 story in the Reno Gazette-Journal.

He also has a conviction for rape by force or fear stemming from the same incident, and was paroled from a Nevada state prison in 1988, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

In 1991, police believe he was trolling for victims in South Lake Tahoe in a Ford Granada when he snatched Dugard from a bus stop outside her home. The case attracted national attention and was featured on TV's "America's Most Wanted," which broadcast a composite drawing of a suspect seen in the car.

Probyn said his wife, from whom he is separated, was devastated by the kidnapping. He said for 10 years after the crime, she would take a week off work at Christmas and on the anniversary of the abduction and spend the time crying at home.

Jaycee Lee Dugard has retained custody of her children and was staying at a Bay area motel, authorities said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iBbUgkRg4gaNB7YROg0ym3XaAc7wD9ABUR480
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »

Madeleine McCann: Parents inspired by Jaycee return

The reunion between Jaycee Lee Dugard and her family 18 years after she was kidnapped has given the parents of Madeline McCann new hope in the search for their daughter.

Before this week, Ms Dugard, now 29, had not been seen by her family since she was bundled into a car outside their home in Lake Tahoe, California, in 1991.

Kate and Gerry McCann have not seen Madeleine since she disappeared from their villa in Praia da Luz, Portugal, more than two years ago aged three.

They said today's case had made them "more determined" to find their daughter.

"Once again this shows that children can sometimes disappear off the radar only to be found years later alive," the McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said.

"It emphasises that we should never assume that someone is not alive without any evidence to support this. We should never give up."

Mr and Mrs McCann added: "She is out there somewhere and somebody knows where."

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/world/news/world/international-affairs/madeleine-mccann-parents-inspired-by-jaycee-return-$1322113.htm
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2009, 11:17:49 AM »

Thanks to all the monkeys for keeping this thread up to date. The more I read the sicker I become....the bile rises right up to my mouth at times......this sick bastard! How in the hell did something like this happen!!  I nearly lost it when I read that Jaycee feels guilty...OHMYGAWD!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20598941/detail.html
Stepdad: Girl Held 18 Years Enjoys 'Happy' Reunion
Family Meets Woman's Kids Fathered By Kidnapping Suspect
JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press Writers

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 28, 2009
UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT August 28, 2009
PLACERVILLE, Calif. -- A man suspected of snatching an 11-year-old girl and hiding her for nearly two decades in his backyard faced a Friday court appearance, as the woman's family reunited with their daughter and met the two children fathered by her alleged abductor.

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was 11 when she was abducted from a South Lake Tahoe street in 1991, was kept behind a series of fences, sheds and tents, even giving birth to her suspected abductor's children in the suburban backyard compound less than 200 miles from her childhood home.

Dugard's stepfather told CBS' "Early Show" Friday morning that he spoke to his wife late Thursday after she reunited with Dugard and everyone was "doing great."

"I think they're pretty happy," Carl Probyn said, noting six people were at the reunion -- Jaycee Dugard, her two daughters, her sister, mother and another relative.

He said the most surprising thing to his wife was that Dugard looks almost like she did when she was taken.

"She looks very young, she looks very healthy," Probyn said. "She told me that Jaycee feels really guilty for bonding with this guy. She has a real guilt trip."
Phillip Garrido, 58, is being held for investigation of various kidnapping and sex charges. Authorities said his 54-year-old wife, Nancy Garrido, was with him during the kidnapping in South Lake Tahoe and she also has been arrested.

Dugard was taken directly to the house and sheltered from the world in a secret, leafy backyard, investigators said Thursday. Her abductor, investigators said, raped her and fathered two children with her, the first when Jaycee was about 14. Those girls, now 11 and 15, also were kept hidden away in the backyard compound behind the Antioch home.

"None of the children have ever been to school, they've never been to a doctor," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said. "They were kept in complete isolation in this compound."

Even a parole agent who visited Garrido's home didn't have an inkling about the hidden compound, Kollar said. Garrido is a registered sex offender on federal parole for rape and kidnapping convictions.

"The way the house is set up, the way the backyard is set up, you could walk through the backyard, walk through the house, and never know," Kollar said.
But neighbors said there were clues even before a parole agent on Wednesday noticed Dugard, now 29, who accompanied Garrido, his wife and the children to a parole office.

Neighbor Diane Doty said she could see the tents and often heard children playing in the backyard, the corner of which abuts her own backyard. She said she even suspected the children lived in the tents, but her husband said she should leave the family alone.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2009, 11:29:47 AM »

Phillip Garrido: God's Chosen Communicator or Plain Old Psycho?

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Who is Phillip Garrido and what drove him to allegedly kidnap 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard and keep her in an elaborate tented compound for nearly two decades, fathering two children with her along the way? Was he the quiet, mild mannered print shop owner that his clients knew or was he the fanatical mind control true-believer who kept a blog?

Photos: Jaycee Lee Durgard Found Alive

People who knew Garrido said that he had only recently become a religious fanatic, claiming that god spoke to him through a box and sometimes breaking out into song. Tim Allen, president of East County Glass and Window Inc. in Pittsburg, Calif., who bought business cards and letterhead from Garrido's printing business, told the AP that "in the last couple years he started getting into this strange religious stuff. We kind of felt sorry for him."

In the blog Voices Revealed, that appears to be maintained by Garrido under the username 'themanwhospokewithhismind," he declares that God has enabled him to speak to people through their minds. He even hired a private investigator to verify this ability by getting clients of his print shop to sign an affidavit declaring that they had witnessed him "controlling a voice or set of voices that are unearthly in nature" first hand.

They also had to agree that he "always acted mature and intelligent. He has had a steady personality throughout the many years I have known him and is fully capable of handling himself respectfully regardless of the possible outcome of any given event."

Garrido also registered a corporation called God's Desire in April 2008, according to the California Secretary of State.

It's still not clear when this religious fanaticism arose in Garrido or if indeed it had anything to do with his alleged decision to kidnap Jaycee Lee Dugard, but if the blog can be any kind of guide, the first post echoes what he told KCRA-TV in a rambling, sometimes incoherent phone interview:

"This freedom has not come about due to something great about myself, instead this ability is to open doors that will honor the creator and his eternal purpose for mankind."

"This all began by god removing a problem from my shoulders that behavioral scientist believe is not possible to remove. Since then my life has seen major improvements allowing me to stand here today a free man."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/28/crimesider/entry5271257.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »

Jaycee Dugard's Stepfather Had "No Idea...We'd Find Her Alive"

NEW YORK (CBS) Eighteen years ago Carl Probyn waved goodbye to his step-daughter as she walked down the road. Moments later, a car with two people, a man and a woman, drove up to Jaycee and whisked her out of sight. Jaycee screamed and Carl Probyn jumped on his mountain bike and went after them. He couldn't catch up. His stepdaughter vanished.

Now, nearly two decades later, Jaycee has been found and Carl Probyn, who was always a suspect, can’t wait to meet her.

"To me it’s a miracle I never thought after 18 years that we’d get her back alive," he told CBS' The Early Show on Friday.

When his wife, Terry Probyn, called Carl Probyn said she first told him they had found Jaycee. "Then she paused for a few seconds and said 'she's alive,'" he told CBS reporter Maggie Rodriguez.

"So we basically cried for five minutes, just lost it. Unbelievable. I had no idea after this long that we’d find her alive," he said.

Carl Probyn says he had always hoped Jaycee would be found alive, but not like this. He said he is most upset about "the way she was kept in the backyard."

Jaycee was living in Phillip and Nancy Garrido’s backyard in an elaborate series of tarps and sheds intended to isolate and soundproof Jaycee and her two daughters, according to police.

Phillip Garrido fathered the two girls, ages 11 and 15, with Jaycee.

"I was hoping for a better scenario where maybe a couple took her because they couldn’t have their own children or something; that she had been in school, that she had been raised by a couple. I wasn’t expecting this ending," Carl Probyn said.

The FBI and other authorities questioned Carl Probyn numerous times and conducted lie detector tests when Jaycee first went missing in 1991. Despite the ordeal, Carl Probyn says they were just doing their job. "I knew the FBI was going to put me through the wringer, and that was OK."

Carl Probyn is also relieved to find out his original description of the kidnappers and their car was right all along. "I told them it was a man and a woman; it was a man and a woman. I said it was an ’85 Ford Monarch gray four-door and it turned out they had the car in the backyard."

"I was I was curious for years like how close was I. Was I a help to the case? Did I get the car right? And it turned out I get everything right."

Getting "it right" may be little comfort to Carl Probyn, who lost his marriage as well as his stepdaughter. Carl and Terry Probyn are currently separated.

"Losing Jaycee ended the marriage," he said. "It wasn’t between us. We’ve never had a fight. We’re best of friends right now. Just losing Jaycee just changed her life."

In an interview with CBS affiliate KCBS/KCAL, he said that every summer Terry Probyn would break down as she relived the season during which her daughter vanished. “Every year in May she was going crazy, and June, for two weeks she would just sit in her room,” he said.

Terry has seen a psychologist, says Carl Probyn, and that helped her deal with the trauma and find peace with the tragedy. "Within the last eight years she’s finally had a closure where she went to a psychologist and the psychologist basically said you have to close this out. You have to end this. It just drives you crazy," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/28/crimesider/entry5271399.shtml
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »

snipped from article above:

Diane should have went with her intuition and reported this...imo....women's intuition is usually right on!

If Jaycee bonded with this creep, it is probably because that is all that she had, or at least that is how it seemed to her at the time...She was only  11 . She has nothing to feel guilty about..she was the innocent in all of this.
I hope that she appears on some of the morning shows..I would love to see her. I pray that she and her kids can enjoy the rest of their lives in happiness and love! I hope that she writes a book and has a movie deal and makes lots of money and lives happily ever after....I am feeling much joy for her being found...sadness behind that, but much joy for her and her family!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

Accused child kidnapper's blog boasts of sound control

ANTIOCH, California (CNN) -- The man accused of abducting an 11-year-old girl in 1991 apparently maintained a blog in which he claimed to control sound with his mind.

The blog now has profanity-laced responses from people outraged over Phillip Garrido's alleged actions.

Police say Garrido confessed to abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard at age 11 and fathering two children with her. Police say Dugard and the children, now 11 and 15, were kept in several enclosures hidden behind his home in Antioch, California.

Garrido and his wife are in police custody.

Garrido's blog entries are posted by "THEMANWHOSPOKEWITHHISMIND." He refers to "God's Desire," which is a church based out of his home in Antioch, according to CNN affiliate KCRA of Sacramento.

In a post on August 14, he writes that during a "powerful demonstration" in July in Pittsburg, California, "the Creator has given me the ability to speak in the tongue of angels in order to provide a wake-up call that will in time include the salvation of the entire world."

"You too can witness what the world believe's [sic] is impossible to produce!" he writes, providing an e-mail address. "DON'T MISS OUT!"

Several news outlets, including The New York Times, have reported on the blog since the case started making international headlines Thursday.

In an interview from jail with KCRA, Garrido repeatedly asks the interviewer to retrieve legal documents he said he recently gave to the FBI, specifically for the news media, that he said will reveal "the most powerful, heartwarming story."

After listening to the excerpt of that interview, forensic psychiatrist Helen Morrison said Garrido's "grandiose" statement sounds similar.

"It sounds like so much like so many people that we hear about who have changed their lives because they've been visited by something to make them see the ways that they were bad in the past and now they're perfect," she told CNN's "American Morning."

It may be what he told his alleged victim in an effort to brainwash her, Morron said said. And that could make it difficult to prosecute him on criminal charges.

"If she's led to believe that this is suddenly become a caring, wonderful, lifesaver, when they have her on a witness stand, they're going to have to be prepared for some very difficult defense cross-examination," she said.

In another blog posting last year, Garrido claims to have a "new insight that has the potential of helping people who hear voices to possibly stop and reexamine their thinking before committing a violent act on themselves and/or others."

This technique, he writes, could help prevent tragedies, such as the woman who threw her three children into the San Francisco Bay in 2006 and later claimed to have been following directions from the "voice of God."

"This tragic act could have been avoided if my findings were made public before she found herself being led by a powerful internal and external [hearing] process that places the human mind under a hypnotic siege that in time leads a person to build a delusional belief system that drives them to whatever course of action they take," he writes.

He also posted several "declarations of affirmation" from 2006 allegedly signed by six witnesses "to affirm that I Phillip Garrido have clearly demonstrated the ability to control sound with my mind and have developed a device for others to witness this phenomena."

Timothy Allen, one of the six people identified as a witness, said Garrido forged his signature on the "declaration."

Allen -- who owns a glass shop in Pittsburg, California -- said Garrido printed business cards and letterhead for his company for 10 years.

"I had no personal contact with this guy outside of the front counter of my business," Allen told CNN. "He's got a lot of weird stuff going on, that guy ... I would have never in a million years thought it was anything dangerous or bad."

Allen said Garrido would come into the office with two young girls when he would drop off printing orders.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/28/california.missing.girl.blog/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »

snipped from article above:

Diane should have went with her intuition and reported this...imo....women's intuition is usually right on!

If Jaycee bonded with this creep, it is probably because that is all that she had, or at least that is how it seemed to her at the time...She was only  11 . She has nothing to feel guilty about..she was the innocent in all of this.
I hope that she appears on some of the morning shows..I would love to see her. I pray that she and her kids can enjoy the rest of their lives in happiness and love! I hope that she writes a book and has a movie deal and makes lots of money and lives happily ever after....I am feeling much joy for her being found...sadness behind that, but much joy for her and her family!

The one article that hit me the hardest was the one mentioning that Jaycee has a daughter the same age that she was when she was kidnapped. 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »

I have to say that the Angels were speaking to this nutter, not in the way he proclaimed though.  I am glad he became this religious zealot..which led him to be handing out these religious papers on campus.  Without that..and the wise eye of the cops on campus, Jaycee would have never been found.

So..here's one for the angels that spoke to this man and lead him into the arms of the police.  They were speaking..he just didn't get the right message.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »

Abducted girl 'looks like she did when she was taken'

An update to the unbelievable story of the girl held captive for 18 years who turned up with the man suspected of kidnapping her (see all our blog posts below).

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was 11 when she was abducted, was reunited with her family. The reunion included her two children fathered by her alleged abductor, Phillip Garrido, 58.

Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, told CBS' Early Show this morning that everyone was "doing great."
He said the most surprising thing to his wife was that Dugard looks almost as she did when she was taken.

“She looks very young, she looks very healthy,” Probyn said. “She told me that Jaycee feels really guilty for bonding with this guy. She has a real guilt trip.”

Garrido is set to be arraigned this afternoon.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/08/abducted-girl-looks-like-she-did-when-she-was-taken.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »

Calif. kidnapping has similarities to Smart case in Utah

SALT LAKE CITY -- A woman who was kidnapped at the age of 11 is safe, if not completely sound, after 18 years with her abductors. It's a story with eerie similarities to Utah's Elizabeth Smart, who was found nine months after she was kidnapped.

Elizabeth's father, Ed Smart, says this was his nightmare -- his daughter, gone, then suddenly found in the clutches of a madman.

"There are so many similarities: Touting that ‘God has allowed me to do this.' And that is no excuse for being incompetent, or just being an extremist," he said.

Smart talked to KSL Newsradio Friday morning. He says his daughter Elizabeth was thrilled to hear that Jaycee Dugard is now out of her nightmare. He says victims can just turn into sheer survival mode to get through their ordeal, and he thinks Dugard might now be struggling with feelings of guilt.

"But I think (she should) realize you can move forward with your life. Her life is not over. She can have a life for herself and her two children, and try and find some new normalcy -- the new normal for her," he said.

Smart says it's time to change what happens in society. He works now with Radkids and the Pride program, which he says empower children and parents to keep this from happening to them.

To hear the entire interview with Ed Smart, play the audio on this page.

Elizabeth told CNN Friday that her first reaction to being found after she was kidnapped in 2002 was immense relief. She says she wishes Jaycee Dugard the best.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7713204
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »

Jaycee had no choice but to bond with this idiot.  She was only 11 and totally reliant on this fool for everyone of her needs..food, clothing, shelter....she should not feel guilty..she should feel proud that she was smart enough to keep herself and her daughter's alive and healthy throughout this horrid experience.

I am sure he brainwashed her and got her to the point odf submission.  It will probbly take quite a while for herself and her daughters to adjust to the outside world.  I just can't imagine how afraid she must have been as a child living in that backyard..when the thunderstorms came, if she heard strange dogs barking, bugs, insects, rodents...just so sad.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:03:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »

Garrido couple set for 1 p.m. arraignment in Placerville

Phillip Craig Garrido and Nancy Garrido, suspected of snatching an 11-year-old in 1991 and holding her ever since, are scheduled to be arraigned at 1 p.m. today in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville.

The couple, suspected in the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991, are in El Dorado County Jail on rape, kidnapping, conspiracy and other charges. Both are being held in lieu of $1 million bail.

Both suspects today declined to be interviewed by The Bee.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2145782.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

I'm not a violent or cruel person, but I could throw the switch on this guy. When I think of what this child went through, from plucking her from her family and the trauma that would accompany just that to the rapes and God knows what else, yep, I could throw the switch on this guy and I could watch him fry.

I'll bet his children were also sexually abused.

It's going to take a long time and lots of help for Jaycee to be able to move beyond this long ordeal, and she'll have to work hard to ever be able to move past it. Part of the process will be a stage of real anger. I want them to restrain him and turn her and her Mother loose on him when that stage comes. Arm them with whatever they want and just turn them loose. Maybe they are more forgiving than I could manage, but that's what I would want. AFTER that, I could work on forgiveness for my own sake and my own healing.

I can tell you, I'd leave this SOB singing soprano.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20598941/detail.html
Stepdad: Girl Held 18 Years Enjoys 'Happy' Reunion
Family Meets Woman's Kids Fathered By Kidnapping Suspect
JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press Writers

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 28, 2009
UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT August 28, 2009
PLACERVILLE, Calif. -- A man suspected of snatching an 11-year-old girl and hiding her for nearly two decades in his backyard faced a Friday court appearance, as the woman's family reunited with their daughter and met the two children fathered by her alleged abductor.

"I think they're pretty happy," Carl Probyn said, noting six people were at the reunion -- Jaycee Dugard, her two daughters, her sister, mother and another relative.

<snipped.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2009, 12:17:02 PM »

I'm not a violent or cruel person, but I could throw the switch on this guy. When I think of what this child went through, from plucking her from her family and the trauma that would accompany just that to the rapes and God knows what else, yep, I could throw the switch on this guy and I could watch him fry.

It's going to take a long time and lots of help for Jaycee to be able to move beyond this long ordeal, and she'll have to work hard to ever be able to move past it. Part of the process will be a stage of real anger. I want them to restrain him and turn her and her Mother loose on him when that stage comes. Arm them with whatever they want and just turn them loose. Maybe they are more forgiving than I could manage, but that's what I would want. AFTER that, I could work on forgiveness for my own sake and my own healing.

I'm with you CBB. 

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »

A 11 year old who's life stopped as she knew it.  No first date, no homecoming, no school, dreams, or feeling special in that perfect outfit

A 15 year old who has never had a normal life.  No friends, no school, no reading or writing, skinning her knee while learning to ride a bike.

A 11 year old who has never had a normal life.  No friends, puppy to love, special tea party with stuffies, learing to swing, giggling late at night while being tickled.

A step-father who was accused of this and harboured his own guilt for 18 years, a ruined marriage.

A mother who broke down every year at the anniversary of Jaycee's kidnapping and birthday.

A sister who never knew her big sister, could only look at the room that was left as a shrine.

I think nothing you could do to this guy and his wife could come close to what he has caused for many for the last 18 years and for years to come.  Seriously the death penalty is too good for this guy.  Something long slow and painful would seem appropriate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.