April 28, 2024, 12:30:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471323 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »

I just heard on Fox that this property had actually been searched in connection with the case but the secret backyard wasn't found.

Geez............

I heard that as well...how in the hell can a backyard not be found?  This makes no sense to me at all.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

I just heard on Fox that this property had actually been searched in connection with the case but the secret backyard wasn't found.

Geez............

I heard that as well...how in the hell can a backyard not be found?  This makes no sense to me at all.
Well, that's what I would like to know, since neighbors could see the secret backyard.   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »

Live Now: Awaiting First Look at Dugard Suspects from El Dorado County Jail

http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default-on.aspx?menuid=181

Not working for me.  Hear them break in with something but then goes quiet.  Working for anyone else?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »

Live Now: Awaiting First Look at Dugard Suspects from El Dorado County Jail

Not working for me.  Hear them break in with something but then goes quiet.  Working for anyone else?

Nope.  Having same issues, looking for another link right now.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »

This is so sad and not over by a long shot.  I wish I did not have to get thanked for posting on this sicko and what he did, but it is better than posting articles about  the remains of Jaycee being found.

NR.....   as you say it is much better than posting articles that she is dead. And as horrifying this is...there is joy that she and her daughters have been found. All 3 now have a chance at a GOOD life. A life filled with love and normalcy.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »

For police to be back with new crime scene tape - anyone think maybe Jaycee had more children who died and are buried there?  Or of course, other missing children?  This is the most horrendous case.  I can hardly even type on it.  It drains me with darkness.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »

HLN showed clip of them arriving at courthouse.  Maybe they will cover it???
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »

News 10 - we are overhearing there are cameras in the courtroom but they can't bring it live. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »

Deputy’s Blunder Prolonged Abducted Woman’s Horrors

MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A November 2006 911 call could have ended the horrors for an abducted woman held captive in a hidden backyard compound, but a sheriff’s deputy did not properly investigate the matter, authorities said Friday.

Contra Costa County Sheriff Warren Rupf apologized for the handling of the November 30, 2006 call that sent a deputy to the Antioch home of Phillip Garrido.

Hidden in Garrido’s backyard was a tarp-covered compound where Jaycee Dupard and her two children were being held captive in horrendous conditions.

The existence of the compound was dramatically brought to the authorities attention on Wednesday when Garrido confessed to the 1991 kidnapping of the now 29-year-old Dupard as she waited for a school bus stop in South Lake Tahoe.

Dupard was imprisoned in the compound for 18 years, according to authorities, where she allegedly was repeatedly raped by Garrido and had two children with him. Garrido and his wife, Nancy, were formally charged Friday with several crimes and were being held on $1 million bail in the El Dorado County jail.

The November 2006 call came to light as details of the case began to unfold. A female neighbor made the call.

“A caller to our 911 dispatch offered that there were tents in their neighbor’s backyard, that people were living in them and that there were young children,” Rupf told reporters. “The caller also said that Garrido was psychotic and had a sexual addiction.”

A deputy was dispatched to the house and talked with Garrido in the front yard. He never searched the home or the backyard.

“We made contact with Mr. Garrido in the front yard of his home,” Rupf said. “The responding deputy determined that there was not any criminal misbehavior. He warned Mr. Garrido that there were code restrictions in regards to living outside in a residential neighborhood. He did not enter or request to enter the backyard.”

Rupf said the deputy’s actions led to “an acceptable outcome.“

“Organizationally, we should have been more inquisitive, more curious and turned over a rock or two,” he said. “We missed an opportunity to have intervened earlier…No one knows if we could have found Jaycee or the children on that day in November 2006 and I cannot change the course of events. But we are beating ourselves up over this and will continue to do so.”

Then Rupf apologized to Jaycee and her family.

“I offer my apologies to the victims and have accepted responsibility for having missed an earlier opportunity to rescue Jaycee,” he said.

Rupf added that the department had also missed the fact Garrido was a sex offender.

El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar detailed the horrors Dugard endured at a Wednesday news conference,

He said Dugard went by the name "Allissa" and had two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido, Kollar said. She is now 29 years old; her daughters are 11 and 15.

The three lived in a series of tents and sheds set up in a "secret" area of the backyard that was hidden by a 6-foot fence covered with a tarp.

Two of the outbuildings had electricity supplied by an extension cord, and one shed was soundproof and could only be opened from the outside. The backyard contained a rudimentary outhouse and shower, Kollar said.

Dugard's daughters have apparently never been to school and never visited a doctor, Kollar said.

"They were in complete isolation," Kollar said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20604242/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

News 10 - we are overhearing there are cameras in the courtroom but they can't bring it live. 

I want to smack the cameras with my DSL!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

The smack helped!  We are on live!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

Dugard Suspects to be Arraigned at 1 p.m.

PLACERVILLE, CA - The El Dorado County District Attorney's Office says suspects Phillip Garrido and his wife Nancy Garrido are facing at least 20 charges in the abduction and captivity of Jaycee Dugard.

SNIPPED:

As for if the three strikes law would apply to Phillip Garrido, Scott said, "It's my understanding, as a matter of public record, this gentleman has a forcible rape conviction in the state of Nevada as well as a federal kidnapping conviction. Both of those would apply as strikes under California three strikes law.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65924&catid=2

Sometimes you read something...one word that sets your blood boiling.....this in red did mine...GENTLEMAN?? GENTLEMAN??  how in the hell could the word gentleman ever come out of his mouth when referring to this animal!!    I think I need a sedative about now!!  This politically correct crap needs to stop...call this animal an animal....not a gentleman!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »

The court appearance was short and sweet and they wanted the news cameras off, but I managed to capture these for the few minutes we did have video. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »

Sheds were house of horror

San Francisco - Their life was a tale of bleak isolation carefully hidden from neighbours' view in a few ramshackle sheds and tents that kept the outside world oblivious and left them to face persistent abuse.

Jaycee Lee Dugard, now 29, was finally identified on Wednesday after she accompanied Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender and rapist, to a meeting with his parole officer.

She was 11 when she was snatched from her bus stop.

Dugard faced sexual abuse by her alleged kidnapper and bore him two daughters when she was about 14 and 18.

That as her alleged kidnapper and abuser - and his wife - tended to his elderly bedridden mother and kept a shocking secret life in his back yard.
In his secret garden of abuse, the children did not go to school.

The girls Dugard gave birth to never saw another home but these few walls.

Doctor

They did not go to doctors or a dentist.

Their bleak and insular world was as small as a clutch of sheds, outfitted with a makeshift shower and toillet.

Electricity was brought in on an extension cord, local media said.

A neighbour told USA Today newspaper that she believed only the couple and elderly woman lived in the home for the 15 years she had known them.
She said Garrido told her the girls she occasionally saw were the children of friends.

Jaycee's stepfather Carl Probyn, told ABC television "he had them hidden right.

"It's pretty sick. I feel sorry the way Jaycee has gone through this. How he had her locked up for basically 18 years. No school. No doctor. No dentist. The children have never been to a doctor or dentist. No life.

"You know, it's going to be a long road to change things around."

http://www.news24.com/Content/World/News/1073/a3887a25cb2447e8bff215678282918b/28-08-2009-10-14/Sheds_were_house_of_horror
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »

Thanks Northern.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2009, 04:41:28 PM »

I don;t see anything. Did I miss it?

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »

Link sought between Garrido and series of killings

Law enforcement officials are looking for a link between Phillip Craig Garrido, accused of abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991 and holding her for 18 years, and series of prostitute killings in the early 1990s.

"Pittsburg police this morning have sealed off the house in Antioch to investigate potential connection between a series of murders of prostitutes in the Bay Area in the early 1990," Contra Costa County Sheriff's Capt. Daniel Terry told The Sacramento Bee.

Several bodies were found in an industrial location where Phillip Garrido supposedly worked, Terry said.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2146268.html
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »

From the chat:  Sharon Ito, News10 "The bodies of the murdered women were dumped near an industrial park where Garrido worked during the 1990s."

Details
    2009-08-28 8:41 PM

3;00 news conference with UC Berkly guard who first started all this.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »

Thanks Northern.

You are welcome.  It was very short and they kept telling the media to turn the cameras off.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »

The appointed attorneys put in not guilty pleas - but judge cut cameras and ordered everyone out of the room when bail was discussed??????????????
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.