April 27, 2024, 01:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471212 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »

"As of this moment, we are just reuniting and everything is going well," Shayna posted to her MySpace page Friday. "Shes only 29. She has the rest of her life to live and I have a lot of love to share with my sister and new nieces. In due time my mom will make statements and so will I if needed, but you have to understand this time is critical and the media attention would just add stress to something so delicate."

I am so happy for them.. The world does need to look the other way for awhile and allow everyone to work through all of this, which may take a life time.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »

I just read an article where the neighbor that had the birthday party that the girls went to said the names of his daughters.  I ought to go there and beat the shit out of her.  They are minors, who were probably sexually assaulted, given the fact that JC hasn't had anymore kids since she was 18 and is obviously capable of doing so, which leads my mind to think he found someone younger and more appealing to satisfy his sick desires and this idiot goes and releases the innocents names to the public!  Usually minors that are sexually assaulted are protected from being exposed by their names and this woman and the reporter who reported it have just done a huge disservice to them.  They already stick out like sore thumbs, lets let eveyone know who they are so they can be harrassed by cruel kids while they transition into society.  OMG I am so mad.  The least the reporter could have done was sit on that info until it has been released by LE that nothing was done to the girls.  As far as my knowledge goes that has not happened.  I will not post the link to the article because that would be very hippocritical of me to do so when it pisses me off that the reporter and neighbor have done it.  Why don't people open their minds and think instead of worrying about their 5 minutes of fame?  There are somany expletives I want to use right now........ 

I have seen a couple of articles now that name the daughters and I have not , and will not be posting them.  One was about meeting them at a community centre.

Glad to see someone on the same page as me.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »

I just read the transcript from the call Garrido made to the reporter again and have to say it is more whacked than CMA speak. 

Garrido: It's a constructive story about turning a person's life around. And having those two children, those two boys, ....

I was just about to post the same thing.  Weren't we told they were girls????????????  I will keep reading.......
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »

Sex slave suspect, wife plead innocent

<snipped>
Police say they are searching Garrido's home in Antioch, Calif., in an attempt to tie the sex slave suspect to a series of prostitute killings.

Contra Costa County police confirmed Garrido has been tabbed as a suspect in nearly 10 prostitute killings in the area of Pittsburg, Calif., in the 1990s.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/29/Sex-slave-suspect-wife-plead-innocent/UPI-26281251564072/
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

I just want to give a big THANK YOU to all who have posted the numerous links on this story. You all ROCK!!  I think you have everything there is to date on this thread and it's so nice to be able to come to one place for all of the updates.   an angelic monkey

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2009, 04:52:46 PM »

Northern Rose: You seem pretty sure about those vans, why don't you phone the
FBI about them. You might be right, seeing that he hide the car.
I wonder if there is anyway that Jaycee does not have to testify. He admitted the
rapes and that he was the father of the kids and that he kidnapped her. This trial
might take a long time to come and she will be well into talking to doctors by then
how much harm will that do.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »

Northern Rose: You seem pretty sure about those vans, why don't you phone the
FBI about them. You might be right, seeing that he hide the car.
I wonder if there is anyway that Jaycee does not have to testify. He admitted the
rapes and that he was the father of the kids and that he kidnapped her. This trial
might take a long time to come and she will be well into talking to doctors by then
how much harm will that do.

Hopefully it will never get to trial but if it does she will have to testify. Hopefully by then she will have had enough counseling to help her through it but I think she will do fine. She has to be a strong person to have survived 18 years of horror.

This is from a Times.uk article....I am just posting a snip from it. It's a very long, informative article.

Police said they recovered a “family jumble” of computers, without internet access, toys and food dishes for cats and dogs in the compound — and an old Ford that matched the description of the car in which Jaycee vanished.

A series of pictures released last night give some clues to the life lived by Jaycee and her daughters in the garden campsite. Her living quarters appear to have been a three-man tent, patched up with tape, in which some of her clothes, a predominantly grey selection of cardigans and blouses, hung limply over a clothes rail. On her sheetless mattress lay a jumble of children’s wear and a monkey puppet. Some shelves and a wardrobe hint at the permanence of the arrangement.

There are also indications of what might be an obsessive interest of Jaycee or one of her children. A makeshift bookshelf in the tent contained nearly 20 books, most of which had titles relating to cats, including Do Cats Think? and The Cat Who Went to Paris. Underneath the shelf is 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle: its topic — cats.

Elsewhere children’s playthings — here a packet of crayons, there a couple of Furby cuddly toys — are distributed, along with computer paraphernalia, such as joysticks, mouses and software.

Clearly somebody had tried to make the quarters homely. A bunch of flowers in a makeshift vase made from a disused soft drink bottle sits on a ramshackle bedside table in the tent.

Cruelly, there is also a discarded book that hints that at least somebody was concerned with the welfare of the family. Self-Esteem: a Family Affair, by Jean Illsley Clarke deals with bringing up children and ways of giving them confidence. One of its chapters is entitled: What’s a Nice Family Like Us Doing in a Place Like This?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6814941.ece

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2009, 09:43:04 PM »

Police search Garrido's Antioch home
Saturday, August 29, 2009 | 5:39 PM

ANTIOCH, CA (KGO) -- The investigation into the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping may only be in its infant stages. On Saturday police combed the Antioch home where the girl was kept for 18 years.

Philip and Nancy Garrido are now under arrest for the 1991 kidnapping. A slew of officers from Antioch police, Pittsburgh police, Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department, and the FBI continue to scour every inch of Phillip Garrido's home and property, because he is suspected to be involved in several unsolved cases in the area.

On Friday night, officials started a new search, saying Garrido may be linked to several open cases including the murders of three prostitutes in the late 90s and the murder of 15-year-old Lisa Norrell.

"He came to tell me that they were searching, and that he's a man of interest," Lisa Norrell's mother Minni told ABC7.

On Saturday morning, Pittsburgh homicide detectives told Norrel they were searching Garrido's home. This was the first update she has gotten in her daughter's case in nearly 11 years.

"He said, 'I don't want to get your hopes up. Just want you to know that we're searching and we'll be there for days,'" she said.

Investigators will not say what type of evidence they are looking for. At the same time, more teams are still checking Garrido's back yard where he is accused of keeping Jaycee Dugard for 18 years with her two children he fathered.

The property butts up against the White family's back yard.

"I saw a child, a little girl about 10-years-old. I talked to her briefly and she was very vague. I asked what her name was and then she ran off," recalled Polly White.

That little girl was Jaycee's youngest daughter. The Whites say the sheds the victims lived in have always been there. In fact, horse stalls also used be back there. As far as they know, nothing was ever torn down. The couple has lived there for 33 years.

About three years ago, they started hearing children's noises in their neighbor's yard. But, it did not alarm them. It did just the opposite.

"Laughing& You never heard any kids having more fun than that, and also an adult lady and she was just cracking up like they were horse playing in the pool or something," Dale White recalled.

That pool in Garrido's yard has since been drained.

A different neighbor, who lives just two houses away from Garrido, is a relative of Lisa Norrell. Her mother told ABC7 she does not know if Lisa ever visited that relative or if she ever met Phillip Garrido.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6989523

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6989653

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,544381,00.html?test=latestnews

Police Expand Kidnapping Crime Scene to Neighbor's House

ANTIOCH, Calif. —  Police have expanded the boundaries of the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping crime scene to include the house next to Dugard's alleged abductors.

Police on Saturday wrapped yellow crime scene tape around the home and property next to Nancy and Phillip Garrido's Antioch home.

Police from three agencies have been searching the Garridos' property since they were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of abducting Dugard 18 years ago.

Neighbors identified Damon Robinson as a resident of the house next to the Garridos. Robinson has said he lived there for more than three years and it was his then-girlfriend in 2006 who called police after she saw tents and children in the backyard.

Robinson didn't return a telephone call after his home was declared a crime scene.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gvBeg7MFDN7NMl_R8k1J_21SuoVAD9ACUQAG0

Must see article 11 min old.  Close up photos and lots of information - still reading it. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2009, 11:35:40 PM »

interesting article Newsy!
thanks to everyone who has supplied the articles on this  scenario...

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2009, 11:36:26 PM »

http://herald-zeitung.com/wire.lasso?report=/dynamic/stories/U/US_KIDNAPPED_GIRL_FOUND&-session=HeraldZeitung:42F941BC143dd35DC3GKHN7A53CA

Part of interest in the new development of searching the neighbors yard: 

"Neighbor Janice Deitrich, 66, also said that Phillip Garrido would visit and help feed an elderly neighbor who lived in the house before Robinson.

Police said the cordoned off property was a crime scene but declined to comment further."

So maybe that explains why the search has expanded.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2009, 11:39:54 PM »

This one is powerful - tissue alert, at least it is that powerful to me Sad

http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2009/aug/29/repeated-failures-hurt-innocent-child/

By Mike Caldwell (Contact) | The Tribune

Published Saturday, August 29, 2009

Society has failed Jaycee Lee Dugard, failed the young girl in so many ways over the past 18 years.

Our legal system failed her. Our corrections system failed her. Our law enforcement failed her. And her community failed her.

Jaycee was just 11 years old when she was kidnapped from her bus stop in South Lake Tahoe, Calif., on June 10, 1991.

What happened next is a disturbing and still unfolding tale that shows that real monsters exist in this world and that our government agencies seem to be oblivious to the repercussions of not doing their jobs.

The little girl was allegedly abducted by Phillip and Nancy Garrido and held prisoner in their home. The couple is facing nearly 50 charges tied to these heinous crimes.

But it gets worse. Much worse.

Jaycee Lee was allegedly raped, sexually assaulted and essentially tortured over the next two decades. She even had two children with Garrido.

The disgusting house of cards that kept this shielded from the public began to collapse last week after Garrido’s probation officer found out the truth.

But the most disturbing part is that it took so long. This is a story of failures of the highest level, failures of actions that could have prevented this tragedy or stopped it years ago.

Phillip Garrido, now 58, served less than 11 years of a 50-year federal sentence for kidnapping and repeatedly raping a South Lake Tahoe, Nev., woman in 1976. He was released in 1988 just three years before little Jaycee was stolen from her family.

Was justice served for Garrido? I don’t think so and I’m sure the woman he raped wouldn’t think so either. If it had been, he would have still been in jail — and still would be today — and none of this would have ever happened.

The legal system failed Jaycee Lee.

Listed as a registered sex offender who was on probation, Garrido was subject to surprise visits by his parole officer. In all those years, the corrections department never once saw anything suspicious in Garrido’s backyard that contained a make-shift compound where he kept Jaycee and her two children.

The corrections system failed Jaycee Lee.

Even as recently as three years ago Antioch, Calif., police got a 911 call from a neighbor that said Garrido was “a psychotic sex addict who was living with children and had people staying in tents in his backyard,” according to MSNBC reports.

Does the officer check to see if he is a registered sex offender? No. Does he look in the backyard when he visits the home? No. Does he speak to the neighbors? No.

The officer did tell him that tents and storage building might be violations of city ordinances but didn’t bother to verify that or follow up on it.

Law enforcement failed Jaycee Lee.

Overall, most of the neighbors knew Garrido was creepy. Many even saw children there from time to time but didn’t ask questions. How can someone live next to you with three human beings captive in the back yard and you not notice?

This young woman gave birth to two children as a teenager. Did she visit a hospital or doctor in that time period? If so, why didn’t anyone raise a red flag or ask more questions about these children.

Society failed Jaycee Lee.

Now, as this story unravels, many agencies are admitting they missed opportunities and could have done more that could have drastically altered this situation.

Admitting that our systems failed is only the first step. Fixing the flaws will be the best way to make sure there will never be another Jaycee Lee.

But even that won’t be much consolation for the little girl whose life has was forever changed because society failed her over and over again.

Michael Caldwell is publisher of The Tribune. To reach him, call (740) 532-1445 ext. 24 or by e-mail at mike.caldwell@irontontribune.com.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2009, 11:47:19 PM »

HERO'S.  Thank you!!!!!!! 
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-08/48934440.jpg
Lisa Campbell, left, and Ally Jacobs of the UC Berkeley Police Department were suspicious of Phillip Garrido and the two girls he introduced as his daughters. (Paul Chinn / Associated Press / August 28, 2009)

Photo from:  http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped-officer29-2009aug29,0,7825322.story
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »

Police review cases for connections to kidnap case
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 11:43 PM CDT Updated: Aug 29, 2009 11:45 PM CDT
Latest WTOL Blogs
Chrys Peterson's News 2 Me: Back to School!
StormTrack Weather Blog: Rain Stats Updated
Ryan's Reel Movie Reviews: Funny People

ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - Police on Saturday searched the home and property of a California couple charged with kidnapping a little girl 18 years ago, looking for evidence linking them to other open cases in the area, including the unsolved murders of prostitutes.

Police also wrapped yellow crime scene tape around the property next door to the residence of Nancy and Phillip Garrido, who were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of abducting Jaycee Lee Dugard. The authorities called it a crime scene but declined to elaborate.

Neighbors identified the next door house as belonging to Damon Robinson, who has lived there for more than three years. Robinson's then-girlfriend in 2006 called police after she saw tents and children in the backyard. The responding officer failed to discover the encampment where authorities say Dugard was kept captive.

Robinson could not be reached. He earlier told The Associated Press that Phillip Garrido was the caretaker of the house until Robinson moved there in 2006.

Neighbor Janice Deitrich, 66, also said that Phillip Garrido would visit and help feed an elderly neighbor who lived in the house before Robinson.

Phillip and Nancy Garrido are suspected of abducting Dugard 18 years ago and subjecting her to nearly a lifetime of torment in a squalid backyard compound. They pleaded not guilty Friday to a total of 29 counts, including forcible abduction, rape and false imprisonment.

The investigations are "preliminary," said Jimmy Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department, east of San Francisco Bay, declining to say what past cases were being reviewed.

Police in Pittsburg are investigating whether Phillip Garrido, whose home is in nearby Antioch, is linked to several unsolved murders of prostitutes in the early 1990s. Antioch police are also looking into unsolved cases but declined further details.

About a dozen agents scoured the modest house and the acre of land it sat on Saturday afternoon as the temperature soared into triple digits.

Police spent most of the day searching the Garridos' backyard, where Dugard is alleged to have lived in tents and shacks with her two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido. One officer could be seen scanning the backyard with a metal detector while another dug a hole. A third used a chainsaw to clear branches and investigators shuffled in and out of the property all day.

Officers from the Pittsburg Police Department, Antioch Police Department and the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department were on hand.

The quiet working class neighborhood where the Garridos lived had transformed into a media circus of television trucks, wandering journalists and the simply curious, who began driving down the Garridos street once a police checkpoint into the neighborhood was removed.

Mike Rogers, who owns a storage lot next to the Garridos' back fence said that he occasionally heard loud parties coming from the backyard. Rogers said the parties were a mostly male affair.

http://www.wtol.com/global/Story.asp?s=11014867

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

Just 22 million 950 thousand dollars for bail ?? she is not going anywhere..

I hope not.  Edward, the pictures I posted last night of the two vans - one white one green, I am hoping that you have seen them. They raised so many bells with me with other abductions.  They were both tucked under trees and hidden away.  If he kept the vehicle he used to abduct Jaycee back there......

Bells ringing here too....I can't put my finger on a particular case at the moment, but in time we all may remember what cases involved vans. Great photos Northern Rose - thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »

Photo does not show their faces, so I will post

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209966/Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-prison-First-pictures-filthy-backyard-jail-religious-fanatic-held-kidnapped-girl.html

Jaycee Lee Dugard's prison: First pictures of filthy backyard jail where religious fanatic held kidnapped girl

Last updated at 2:13 PM on 30th August 2009

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: August 30, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »

This one sticks out like a sore thumb...I'll have to look more closely to see if things line up, but look at her picture..... 'his type', no?
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=717172&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

August 1988: Phillip Garrido was released from prison on lifetime parole after being given a 50-year sentence for the sexual assault of a woman in Nevada in 1976.

NOVEMBER 1988>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 9 years old at time of abduction
MICHAELA JOY GARECHT
Case Type: Non Family Abduction   
DOB: Jan 24, 1979 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Nov 19, 1988
Race: White
Age Now: 30 Height:  4'8" (142 cm)
Missing City: HAYWARD Weight:  75 lbs (34 kg)
Missing State :  CA Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC717172 
Circumstances: Michaela's photo is shown age-progressed to 29 years. She was abducted by an unknown individual while trying to retrieve her scooter from him in front of the Rainbow Market on Mission Blvd in Hayward, CA. Suspect was between 18 - 24 years with a slender build. He had a pock marked or pimpled face and dirty blonde hair. He was driving an older model full-size car, possibly a gold or tan 4-door.

38ish miles from Concord = Hayward
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Hayward%20CA%20to%20Concord%20CA
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 09:42:45 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »

COMPARISON

JAYCEE

MICHAELA

THEY NEED TO BE ALL OVER THIS LIKE STINK ON SHIT!!!!!!!! Get cadaver dogs to that property asap.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.