April 27, 2024, 10:50:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471239 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #460 on: August 30, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »

I'm physically ill reading and looking at those picture. I pray that their lives from here on will be productive with much help from doctors and family  an angelic monkey I'm just speechless.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: August 30, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »

Fox News says they will a cover a news conf by LE as soon as it starts. Not sure how long but am tuned into Fox.

Not much said, the search will wrap up this evening. The next door neighbor is not considered a poi and has given permission to search his property which the monster had access to. LE has been digging there and also brought cadaver dogs. They are looking for links to other murders.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #462 on: August 30, 2009, 04:57:31 PM »

Fox News says they will a cover a news conf by LE as soon as it starts. Not sure how long but am tuned into Fox.

Not much said, the search will wrap up this evening. The next door neighbor is not considered a poi and has given permission to search his property which the monster had access to. LE has been digging there and also brought cadaver dogs. They are looking for links to other murders.
Thanks
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #463 on: August 30, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »

I just sent off e-mails to both Chief Jim Hyde at the Antioch PD and to the Hayward PD with Michaela's info and photos of her and Jaycee. I included the information that was posted here about Garrido's release date from prison and so forth.

THANKS!!!!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: August 30, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »

August 31, 2009

Jaycee case has revived investigations into other missing girls

The arrest of Phillip Garrido and his wife Nancy has renewed hope — and raised fears — for the families of missing children and other murdered women in the area.

Garrido is under investigation for the murder of 15-year-old Lisa Norrell, found strangled in November 1998. Her body was discovered nine days after she disappeared on her way home from a party in Antioch, only a few miles from where the printer and his wife were keeping Jaycee Lee Dugard and her children prisoner.

Lisa was abducted after she left a rehearsal for a coming-of-age party for one of her friends in Antioch. It is understood she was angry after being spurned by a dance partner, and decided to walk home along the desolate Antioch-Pittsburg Highway. Her body was found hidden beneath rubble in the yard of a landscaping company. Her death was the first in a series of unsolved killings in a two-month period. Three women were strangled and their bodies were dumped in nearby industrial parks. The local police have identified Garrido as a “person of interest” in connection with the murders, and those of up to six others, but have declined to give further details. Forensic experts have spent two days combing his house and hidden compound in Walnut Avenue on the outskirts of Antioch.

Lisa Norrell’s mother, Minnie, has never given up hope of seeing her daughter’s killer brought to justice. She said she was excited by the new investigation. “The homicide detective was here this morning. He just let me know they’re searching. It’s the first glimmer of hope we’ve had since my daughter passed away,” she said.

She added that Garrido lived next door to one of her relatives, whose home she visited regularly for family functions. “There will never be closure but there will be an end,” she told television news reporters.

About 20 miles away Sharon Murch is going through her own agony. Her daughter, Michaela Garecht, was kidnapped by a stranger in November 1988 from outside a convenience store in Hayward, California. The blonde nine-year-old has never been found.

Last Thursday her husband woke her at 5am with the news that Jaycee Dugard had been found alive. Mrs Murch leapt out of bed, her thoughts instantly turning to her own child. She told The Times: “Of course we are happy for that child and for the family. But our first thought is perhaps this is going to lead to our case being solved and to our child being found alive. We really hope and pray that it might.”

That Jaycee was found after so long gives Mrs Murch fresh hope. Michaela had travelled a couple of blocks from her home with a friend on their scooters to buy sweets and drinks. When they came out of the Rainbow Market, one of the scooters was gone. Michaela noticed it was pushed against a car in the car park. When she went to retrieve it a man jumped out of the car, snatched her and threw her into his vehicle.

Mrs Murch said she had followed Jaycee’s case closely. Michaela and Jaycee looked very similar and the circumstances of their kidnappings were similar, she said. In the past few days she has analysed every detail about Garrido, seeking clues that he might have been involved in Michaela’s disappearance. She is tortured by the idea that Michaela — who, she said, had been taught to resist strangers — would not have been compliant and would have been killed.

“One of my worst thoughts is that he could have kidnapped Michaela but she did not go along with his programme, and she didn’t adapt.”
The details of Jaycee’s ordeal may be harrowing, she said, but Jaycee’s mother would simply be glad to have her child back. “Would I want Michaela to have lived like that for 20 years? Well, of course, I would not want my daughter to have been suffering. From the moment she was kidnapped there are really no happy choices. But I have just got to say that I would like nothing better for Michaela to be found and for her to come home. I know that Jaycee has got a lot of healing to do but look at the joy that she has ahead of her in life. To be able to find my daughter and to hold her and give to her all the love that I have been saving up for her over the last 20 years, I mean, who would not want that?”

Police have also questioned Garrido about the deaths of three local women in late 1998. Jessica Frederick, 24, was found on December 5. She died of multiple cut and stab wounds. Rachael Cruise, 32, was found on December 15; she died of asphyxia and strangulation. The coroner’s report into her death suggested that her body had been dragged along the road for a short time. Valerie Dawn Schultz, 27, who was found on January 8, died of multiple stab wounds. Evidence showed that she had also been strangled. All three were prostitutes.

Detectives are also investigating whether Garrido can be connected to the killings of Sharon Mattos and Andrea Ingersoll, also prostitutes, whose bodies were discovered locally in 1992.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6815621.ece

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: August 30, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »

I'm physically ill reading and looking at those picture. I pray that their lives from here on will be productive with much help from doctors and family  an angelic monkey I'm just speechless.

Me too nrcg....the bile keeps rising in my throat...when I read this, I actually sat here and bawled......and I don't bawl easily!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209966/Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-prison-First-pictures-filthy-backyard-jail-religious-fanatic-held-kidnapped-girl.html

Jaycee may also have been forced to take part in orgies in the backyard where she was held, the News of the World reports.

A neighbour said he saw men lining up in Garrido's garden, before entering the tents 'one by one'.

Mike Rogers, 49, told the newspaper that he once peered through the garden fence during an 'excessively loud' party next door.

'What I saw was not normal,' he said. 'Eight to 10 men, mostly Mexican, would gather in a line in his garden drinking beer, yelling and screaming and swearing.

'They normally had a bonfire and I saw them entering the tent one by one. On a number of occasions I saw them bobbing up and down through the window and I thought, 'My God, there is something sexual going on in there'.

'I thought they had a prostitute or something in there. I thought it might have been some kind of sex party or something.

'I just hope that sicko wasn't pimping out Jaycee or those children. The thought makes me sick.'

But, despite being disturbed by what he had seen, Mr Rogers said he didn't think he had enough evidence to call police.

'I'd told my brother about the parties and he agreed that unless they got really out of control I should keep out of it,' he said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEEP OUT OF IT???  What the hell is wrong with people.  Well, I hope Mike Rogers never has another peaceful night in his life!!  Sorry, spineless SOB

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: August 30, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

N@, thanks for the update.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: August 30, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »

I just sent off e-mails to both Chief Jim Hyde at the Antioch PD and to the Hayward PD with Michaela's info and photos of her and Jaycee. I included the information that was posted here about Garrido's release date from prison and so forth.

GREAT Tupelo!!!!!!!!!!!      I was going to call or email them later tonight when son leaves if nobody had.  That just MUST be checked and if a family can have closure and any of us can help with that, it must be done.
Have I told you lately how glad I am to share the cage with you and the other monkeys?
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: August 30, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »

GREAT Tupelo!!!!!!!!!!!      I was going to call or email them later tonight when son leaves if nobody had.  That just MUST be checked and if a family can have closure and any of us can help with that, it must be done.
Have I told you lately how glad I am to share the cage with you and the other monkeys?
Thank you ANJ!

From the article posted above by Nut, Michaela's mom was most likely on the phone with LE as soon as she heard about Jaycee. It never hurts to step in though, as we have seen in Jaycee's case, that being uninvolved can cause added harm in situations.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »

Thank you ANJ!

From the article posted above by Nut, Michaela's mom was most likely on the phone with LE as soon as she heard about Jaycee. It never hurts to step in though, as we have seen in Jaycee's case, that being uninvolved can cause added harm in situations.

I just saw that, but I agree - Jaycee's story has taught the world it is okay to speak up and is indeed the right thing to do when your gut tells you something is wrong.  In addition, your emails will help give credence to the mother's concern if the police were even thinking this is not related.  If strangers can see how obvious it is that Michaela's case be examined with this creep, then maybe they will look just a little harder.
For the life of me, I just can't imagine how people can look the other way, then look in the mirror.  My neighbors often tease me as the night security officer, but they are happy when I call and tell them they left the garage door up or if someone is around their house, etc.  Tease me all you want - because I know you will thank me, God forbid there is a creep like this trash of a human being anywhere close.  I don't look the other way and I have no problem looking in the mirror either!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:58 PM »

I wasn't going to post, but after reading about the neighbor that saw the men standing in line at the tent, I felt that I needed to say something.

Shame on the neighbor if he saw this going on and didn't say anything. 

But also I wonder if the neighbors did talk and knew that the police had visited before and nothing was done when the one neighbor called. If so, I can see the neighbor man not calling the police because he probably thought that nothing would come of it. Not taking up of for the guy that said he would call if it got out of hand, just saying that maybe he knew nothing would be done to stop it. JMO JSM

Back to lurking... 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #471 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »

I haven't posted much since Sandra and  Nevaeh -- I am so greatful for all the work Monkey's do.  I know I can come here an get the real info.

This case is sick in the worst way.  I am so glad these three were found and have some chance of quality of life.
  Thanks Monkeys 

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: August 30, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »

I wasn't going to post, but after reading about the neighbor that saw the men standing in line at the tent, I felt that I needed to say something.

But also I wonder if the neighbors did talk and knew that the police had visited before and nothing was done when the one neighbor called. If so, I can see the neighbor man not calling the police because he probably thought that nothing would come of it. Not taking up of for the guy that said he would call if it got out of hand, just saying that maybe he knew nothing would be done to stop it. JMO JSM

Back to lurking... 
I understand what you are saying JSM, but this guy who repeatedly saw these lines of men going into a tent or shed, one at a time, and seeing their heads bobbing up and down, failed miserably as a neighbor and as a human being. All the signs of something horrible and illegal were there. He was more worried about his belongings and his property than an injustice to someone else. I'm so angry over this. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: August 30, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Back to lurking... 
I understand what you are saying JSM, but this guy who repeatedly saw these lines of men going into a tent or shed, one at a time, and seeing their heads bobbing up and down, failed miserably as a neighbor and as a human being. All the signs of something horrible and illegal were there. He was more worried about his belongings and his property than an injustice to someone else. I'm so angry over this. 
I guess being a woman, I would have called, taken pictures, even crawled over the fence to see what was going on.  They don't call me Gladys Kravitz for nothing. Seriously, he should have (no offense Nut) nutted up and called the police. Makes me madder now just thinking about it.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: August 30, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

just a note........Muffy and I decided to change the title of thread. Carry on....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: August 30, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »

DON'T MISS DANA PRETZER TONIGHT!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:58 PM »

I know I said I was going to lurk, but just one more thing popped into my mind looking at the pics.

She was 11 when she was kidnapped, but she was reading grown up books. Who taught her to read at an adult level? The wife, the man? I am so confused on all this.

Plus, one more thing before I go back to lurkdome. The pictures of where Jaycee and the girls are horrific, but it looks to me like she tried to make a home for her and the girls. Seriously I have seen worse from adults that haven't been kept in a shed for 18 years.

I am so confused from all of this, just wondering if the Garrido guy knew it would come down sooner or later and planted this reading material, made it "look" homey in the tent, like they were just a happy family. I hope this makes sense. I am just so confused. TIA JSM

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »

Back to lurking... 
I guess being a woman, I would have called, taken pictures, even crawled over the fence to see what was going on.  They don't call me Gladys Kravitz for nothing. Seriously, he should have (no offense Nut) nutted up and called the police. Makes me madder now just thinking about it.

You go girl!!  

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2009, 08:54:52 PM »

I know I said I was going to lurk, but just one more thing popped into my mind looking at the pics.

She was 11 when she was kidnapped, but she was reading grown up books. Who taught her to read at an adult level? The wife, the man? I am so confused on all this.

Plus, one more thing before I go back to lurkdome. The pictures of where Jaycee and the girls are horrific, but it looks to me like she tried to make a home for her and the girls. Seriously I have seen worse from adults that haven't been kept in a shed for 18 years.

I am so confused from all of this, just wondering if the Garrido guy knew it would come down sooner or later and planted this reading material, made it "look" homey in the tent, like they were just a happy family. I hope this makes sense. I am just so confused. TIA JSM
I would imagine that she had good reading skills to begin with. She was in what, 5th grade, when she was abducted. She most likely read a lot as she had no other choices, in the beginning anyway. And she ran the printing press in the back yard, so she knew what she was doing there as well, taking orders and such. Then once her children came along I bet she read to them as well as teaching them to the best of her knowledge. Of course the book selection definitely came from the monster.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »

Back to lurking... 

You go girl!!  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.