April 27, 2024, 04:36:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471222 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »

Oh yes Klaas, I agree, a whole lot uglier!

In addition, I  have wondered from the beginning if the four year olds' might be twins from Jaycee's eldest girl - as I don't see how those girls could have been spared by this evil monster.

yikes! had not thought that the twins could be the daughters! but that would have made the oldest daughter 11 when she gave birth so that doesn't work does it? where are these twins at? any word on them? and I agree, these daughters would not have been spared from this perv...He had everything that he needed when Jaycee had these little girls imo...he didn't have to go looking on the streets anymore and taking other people's children to rape...YUK!! makes me positively ill to think about...

Haven't hear anything more about the twins.
Yes, the girl would have been 11 or perhaps closer to twelve.  It is possible, as  10 year old children have had babies, I think. 

On the other hand the four year olds might be Jaycee's.   She may have told authorities by now.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »

In addition, I  have wondered from the beginning if the four year olds' might be twins from Jaycee's eldest girl - as I don't see how those girls could have been spared by this evil monster.

yikes! had not thought that the twins could be the daughters! but that would have made the oldest daughter 11 when she gave birth so that doesn't work does it? where are these twins at? any word on them? and I agree, these daughters would not have been spared from this perv...He had everything that he needed when Jaycee had these little girls imo...he didn't have to go looking on the streets anymore and taking other people's children to rape...YUK!! makes me positively ill to think about...

He stated before when he was arrrested for raping that woman in NV that he liked to see the fear (IIRC that excited him). Therefore once Jaycee and others just sucumbed (sp) to him, it was no longer any fun. It definitely "makes sense" that he would constantly get new victims. I also bet thats why he "farmed" the girls out, he was bored with JUST them.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »

Especially since he alledges he has found his "cure" only in recent years -- not the last 15 years :'-(

Cure The dude is a pyschobabbling idiot. The only cure for him contains lead and cost 5 cents

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

Customers of Garrido business had contact with Dugard...

Customers of Garrido business had contact with Dugard

ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) As more details emerge about the past 18 years in the life of Jaycee Lee Dugard (DOO'-gahrd), it turns out she wasn't kept completely out of sight.

Customers of the printing business of her alleged kidnapper, Phillip Garrido, knew her as Allissa the polite and efficient assistant who was described as Garrido's daughter. They talked with her on the phone, and exchanged emails.

And one customer says he saw her in person twice in the last six months. Ben Daughdrill says he drove to the Garrido home to pick up office supplies and pay for them. He says Dugard came out to his vehicle, and conceivably could have escaped or asked for help.

As for why she didn't, experts say Garrido likely controlled his victim by making her completely dependent on him.

Neighbors say they didn't see Dugard. They did see two shy young blond girls who, it turned out, were her daughters.

http://www.kxmb.com/News/429243.asp
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »

snip from Klaas above post:

I have said from the beginning that she likely had more than 2 children by him.  I've also said the the 2 girs (11 &15) were probably also raped.  This story will get alot uglier by the time everything comes out IMO.  I'm so happy she and her girls are free now.

Yep...I agree...they will more than likely find some sign of other children on that property jmo...
and I would bet that the daughters were raped as well...this perv wouldn't be able to help himself...sickening to think about...

I agree, this is going to get much worse.  I also wonder if she didn't have other children.  2 children is a small number, since we know she wasn't on BC since she never had been to a doctor.  I mean beign raped for 18 years seems like it would produce more then 2 girls.  I wonder if the other babies were boys and he murdered them right after they were born and told her they were stilborn or something.  He wouldn't want any male children to impede on his little harem.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: August 31, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

The innocent victims of a depraved fiend

<snipped>

Police fear Jaycee was kept as a sex slave for 18 years by convicted rapist Garrido - known to local youngsters as Creepy Phil - after she was snatched from a bus stop when she was just 11.

She was kept in a filthy secret garden at the rear of the home Garrido, 58, shared with wife Nancy, 55, in the small town of Antioch, east of San Francisco.

Jaycee was forced to give birth twice in the rubbish-strewn network of tents and sheds, topped off with a chilling sign bidding "Welcome".

Mrs Molino said Garrido asked if the girls could go to the party and left them unattended there. She said the girls did not appear anxious or desperate to get away from Garrido. Mrs Molino described the younger one as very talkative and always asking questions, with her older sister more reserved.

"He left the girls with us at the party. It wasn't like he was standing guard over them. The 11-year-old was everywhere, asking lots of questions. The 15-year-old was a little more passive," she said.

"At the party a girlfriend of mine pointed out to me how clingy the older girl was to Phillip.

"It was almost like she was sending out a message, 'That's my man'. At least that's how it looked to us.

"The young girl did say a couple of things that seemed a little strange. She told me her daddy had a church in the basement of their house."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/the-innocent-victims-of-a-depraved-fiend/story-e6freuy9-1225768115337
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Since the police have brought in cadaver dogs, that means they believe he had other vics too.  They have the bodies of the prostitues and the other girl...they were dumped near where he worked.

I read somewhere that one of the bodies was impaled on a iron fence at the business of  JM something or the other...which is someone he does printing for?  Did anyone else read that?

Also how come the UK papers seem to have more detail and more close up shots then the US papers?  Are the UK papers paying for these interviews and the use of neighbors back yards to get the shots and info?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

I have said from the beginning that she likely had more than 2 children by him.  I've also said the the 2 girs (11 &15) were probably also raped.  This story will get alot uglier by the time everything comes out IMO.  I'm so happy she and her girls are free now.

Yep...I agree...they will more than likely find some sign of other children on that property jmo...
and I would bet that the daughters were raped as well...this perv wouldn't be able to help himself...sickening to think about...

I agree, this is going to get much worse.  I also wonder if she didn't have other children.  2 children is a small number, since we know she wasn't on BC since she never had been to a doctor.  I mean beign raped for 18 years seems like it would produce more then 2 girls.  I wonder if the other babies were boys and he murdered them right after they were born and told her they were stilborn or something.  He wouldn't want any male children to impede on his little harem.

I have had the same thoughts.  Male children would not be what he wanted.  In the call from jail he made he said "his boys". 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »

I have had the same thoughts.  Male children would not be what he wanted.  In the call from jail he made he said "his boys". 

my thoughts too...boys would not fit into his world...only female children would have been wanted.jmo

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »

Since the police have brought in cadaver dogs, that means they believe he had other vics too.  They have the bodies of the prostitues and the other girl...they were dumped near where he worked.

I read somewhere that one of the bodies was impaled on a iron fence at the business of  JM something or the other...which is someone he does printing for?  Did anyone else read that?

Also how come the UK papers seem to have more detail and more close up shots then the US papers?  Are the UK papers paying for these interviews and the use of neighbors back yards to get the shots and info?

In regards to the papers, there was an article about the impact on the neighbours this has had.  One of the neighbours stated that he did allow people on his roof to take pictures and that papers were offering money for interviews and access. I would not be surprised that it the UK ones.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2009, 12:09:22 PM »

I read over at WS an article saying the UK photographer that took all those pictures jumped the fence ILLEGALLY. He said he didn't realize it was a crime scene. There was no police "around" back there.

He probably jumped the neighbors fence in back. jmo

A lot of the UK papers will "pay" for information, so they get details from "sources".

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: August 31, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »

A good picture of the property layout

http://www.katu.com/news/national/56350942.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »

Cadaver Dogs Search Phillip Garrido's Backyard Hell

<snipped>

ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) What gruesome horrors will police find as they intensify the search of Phillip and Nancy Garrido's home and the one next door?

Armed with rakes, shovels and chain saws, about 20 officers combed the backyard of the couple charged with kidnapping and raping Jaycee Lee Dugard and used cadaver dogs to search an adjoining property where neighbors say Phillip Dugard once served as a caretaker.

Sheriff's deputies and prosecutors from two counties and officers from two city police departments were using the dogs, shovels and other tools to inspect the neighboring yard, which sits behind an off-white house with a chain link fence.

“We do consider it a crime scene,” said Jimmy Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department.

Lee would not elaborate Sunday on what kind of evidence investigators were seeking or the nature of the possible crimes involving the second property. The link to the kidnapping case is that Phillip Garrido, the man charged with holding Dugard in captivity for 18 years in his own backyard, had access to the neighboring land when the house that sits on it was vacant three years ago.

“It looks like Garrido lived on the property in a shed,” Lee said.

Damon Robinson, who moved into the vacant house in 2006, and another neighbor say Phillip Garrido served as caretaker of the home before Robinson took occupancy. That same year Robinson's then-girlfriend called police after she saw tents and children in the backyard, but the responding deputy did not uncover the backyard compound.

A third neighbor, Janice Deitrich, 66, said that Phillip Garrido visited and helped to feed an elderly neighbor who lived in the house before Robinson.

Police in Pittsburg, a San Francisco Bay Area city near where the Garridos lived, have said they are investigating whether Phillip Garrido may be linked to several unsolved murders of prostitutes in the 1990s. Antioch police are also looking into unsolved cases but declined further details.

“We will take a close look at if there are any links to open cases,” Lee said, declining to provide additional details.

Authorities on Sunday removed two paper grocery bags filled with papers from Garrido's primary residence, which he shared with his wife and mother, and boarded up the structure's windows. Searches of both parcels were expected to continue on Monday, Lee said.

Investigators also continued clearing brush from the scruffy backyard compound of tents and sheds where Garrido and his wife, Nancy, allegedly took an 11-year-old Dugard in 1991 after abducting her. Dugard and the two daughters, now 11 and 15, she had by Garrido lived in the secret encampment, authorities allege.

The compound was concealed by thick foliage, trees and tall fences, and authorities say it was equipped with a makeshift shower and an outhouse. The structures were lit by lights powered by extension cords, and one shed was soundproofed and set up with access controlled from the outside.

Karen Walker, 58, who has lived two doors down for the last five months, said the Garridos had a fire recently in a van parked on their property. When neighbors went to investigate, Phillip Garrido “shooed people away,” Walker said.

Like many others on their street, Walker could not recall ever seeing Jaycee Dugard, but remembered seeing two shy young blonde girls.

Walker said her 9-year-old grandson once asked the younger of the two girls if she wanted to play.

“They asked if they could ride bikes with her, just being friendly, but she said she couldn't,” she recalled.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/31/crimesider/entry5276335.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/31/crimesider/entry5276335.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: August 31, 2009, 12:22:55 PM »

Jaycee's Stepdad: Her New Life "Like Mars"

Officials believe a woman who walked into a police station had been kidnapped as an 11-year-old in 1991.
(CBS)  After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard, 29, is now reunited with her family.

Jaycee's stepfather Carl Probyn said on "The Early Show" Monday, Jaycee and the two daughters she bore while confined are taking in their new life in California step by step.

"It's like being on Mars," Probyn said. "This is a brand new situation. ... It's pretty remarkable what they have to face."

Probyn said it's going to take a long time for his stepdaughter and her daughters to integrate into a life outside of captivity, but they are receiving assistance from National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Probyn said Jaycee's daughters believed she was their sister, and didn't know she was abducted.

Jaycee, who was abducted at age 11 from her bus stop, said she feels guilty for bonding with her abductor, Probyn said. He added her children cried when Garrido was arrested.

"They were a family," he told "Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez. "...They were attached to each other."

Probyn added his wife, Terry, said Jaycee's daughters, who were reportedly fathered by her abductor, are "clingy," yet very intelligent -- despite never attending school.

Police are still looking for evidence on her kidnapper Phillip Garrido's Antioch, Calif. property. New photos of the background tent compound where Jaycee allegedly lived for 18 years have been released. Officials are still treating the Garrido home as a crime scene.

Both Phillip Garrido and his wife, Nancy, have pleaded not guilty to a total of 29 counts, including forcible abduction, rape and false imprisonment.

Also appearing on "The Early Show" was the two women who helped crack the case: Allison Jacobs, a University of California at Berkeley police officer, and Lisa Campbell, manager of the University of California Police Department Special Events. To hear how they discovered Jaycee Lee Dugard, click on the video below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/31/earlyshow/main5276887.shtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: August 31, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:21:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: August 31, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

Sex offenders move to Antioch area 'because they can'

A small, scruffy, unincorporated area largely surrounded by the city of Antioch is home to more than 100 sex offenders. It's also where Phillip Garrido allegedly held Jaycee Lee Dugard for 18 years.

Reporting from Antioch, Calif. - Dawn Cordy always knew her neighborhood was an easy place to hide -- a semirural San Francisco suburb where housing is cheap, sheriff's cruisers rarely appear, residents don't snoop and registered sex offenders have found a refuge.

It's a small, scruffy, unincorporated island largely surrounded by the hard-knock city of Antioch, a region synonymous with the foreclosure crisis in the Bay Area but now linked to yet another outrage.

This is where Phillip Garrido, who was charged last week with rape and kidnapping, allegedly held Jaycee Lee Dugard for 18 years and fathered her two children in a warren of tents and soundproofed outbuildings behind his gray cinder-block house on Walnut Avenue.

Garrido's and Cordy's 94509 ZIP Code is home to more than 100 registered sex offenders, according to the Megan's Law website, and officials say the region has a higher concentration of offenders than other areas.

At least four sex offenders, including Garrido, live within easy walking distance of Cordy's house; they move to the area "because they can," said Cordy, 52. "We're mostly an older bunch, and we don't pay that much attention. This is Boonieville."

Besides, she said of her unwelcome neighbors, "Honey, I collect knives. I wouldn't mind doing them harm."

On Sunday, Dugard remained secluded with her mother, daughters and half sister in Northern California, where her stepfather said the family is working with counselors to overcome the last 18 years.

"They are doing fine -- not fine, but fine for the situation," Carl Probyn said. "My wife says that Jaycee is an excellent mother, and they are bonding, playing little games like checkers. They are doing OK for the situation."

Law enforcement officers with saws and cadaver dogs swarmed Walnut Avenue on Sunday looking for clues that might link Garrido with a host of unsolved crimes in the region, including four slayings in Pittsburg in the late 1990s.

The main focus was the house next to Garrido's, where Damon Robinson, a 38-year-old driving instructor, now lives. Garrido cared for the property before Robinson moved in and lived for a time in a wooden shed behind it, according to sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee.

Three of the people whose killings remain unsolved were prostitutes. The fourth was a 15-year-old girl named Lisa Norrell, whose body was discovered a week after she left a dance alone on Nov. 6, 1998, and disappeared.

Capt. Daniel Terry of the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department said Friday that investigators were looking at Garrido because "several bodies were dumped at an industrial location where the suspect supposedly worked."

Minnie Norrell, 66, said a Pittsburg homicide detective contacted her Saturday about her daughter's slaying and called Garrido a person of interest.

"They said they didn't want to get my hopes up, but this guy was of interest," said Norrell, who lives in Pittsburg, where she spends her days on oxygen and in a wheelchair because of advanced emphysema. "He said they were going to be [in Garrido's neighborhood] for days. . . . I am hopeful."

Under recently passed laws, sex offenders' movements are severely circumscribed.

They generally must stay away from schools, parks, churches and places where children congregate, said Joan Petersilia, a law professor and co-director of the Stanford Criminal Justice Center.

Such laws, combined with the high price of housing in California, "push sex offenders to less populated and more rural areas," Petersilia said. "They want a place where they can remain anonymous and people leave them alone."

Terry, who heads the Sheriff's Department's investigative division, said Contra Costa County has about 1,700 registered sex offenders. His station is responsible for about 350, "349 more than the number of detectives I have dedicated to monitoring these people."
He called the region's concentration "significantly higher" than other areas and rued that "this is the reality. These people are walking amongst us everywhere."

Antioch, with a population just over 100,000, has struggled in recent years with crime, rampant growth and foreclosures. One San Francisco Chronicle columnist dubbed the city "the finest slum this side of Stockton."

According to RealtyTrac .com, the median home price has plummeted more than 40% in the last year and the foreclosure rate is still rising. There were 699 new foreclosures filed in July.

Mayor Jim Davis acknowledged the economic pressures his city has faced. But he was quick to note that Garrido's neighborhood is not part of Antioch proper, although the city would like to annex it and "be able to get out there and police it properly."

"There's a lot of building out there violating code," he said. "If the city were out there, all the sheds and tents out there would not have been tolerated. . . . There are lower-priced rents out there. It allows those who are on probation and can't find good employment to congregate."

Betty Unpingo, a mother of 10, always knew her neighborhood was "an easy area to get lost in for a while." But until her family threw a backyard party two years ago, Unpingo didn't know exactly who was taking advantage of that anonymity.

As the party ended, Garrido stood in front of his house across the street and motioned for the teenage girls leaving the event to come on over, she said. Unpingo's daughter was so suspicious that she checked his name on the Megan's Law list.

On the list were Garrido and several others nearby, including two living in one home. Since then, Unpingo has instituted the "buddy sys- tem." None of her children are allowed to leave the house alone.

Sex offenders have "got to have someplace to go," acknowledged the 52-year-old retired businesswoman, "but not here."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped31-2009aug31,0,1096874.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: August 31, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

Inside Jaycee Dugard's Terror Tent

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/08/31/crimesider/photoessay5276725.shtml
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #517 on: August 31, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

Get the rest of the info out of this maniac to give somekind of closure to other families, don't care how they do that, and then take the wife and him out back...... I'm desperately sick of all these legal crap. You have him dead to right on kidnapping Jaycee and fathering children, don't give him or the wife the luxury of a nice jail cell.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »

Get the rest of the info out of this maniac to give somekind of closure to other families, don't care how they do that, and then take the wife and him out back...... I'm desperately sick of all these legal crap. You have him dead to right on kidnapping Jaycee and fathering children, don't give him or the wife the luxury of a nice jail cell.

When someone is caught red handed and knee deep in an act why can't our justice system acknowlege that fact without all the legal moves they don't deserve and won't change the outcome. Do a dna test on the children and be done with it. Is he nuts? Not so nutty he didn't like sex with children. demonic.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »

thanks norose...how horrible to live under those conditions..where did they sleep at? and if the kids had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, did they have to go over to that outhouse? how scary!

on another note..I keep seeing where it says that Jaycee walked into the police station....I have followed this case from the beginning and this is one thing that I don't understand..it makes it sound as if Jaycee walked into the police station by herself while my understanding is that she was with pervo meeting with his parole officer when pervo admitted who Jaycee was and what he had done...
can you clarify what exactly happened ? thanks a bunch...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.