April 27, 2024, 02:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471215 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »

Do we know why Jaycee went to police after all this time?
Was she free to go years ago but didn't?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #521 on: August 31, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

(snipped)

I have said from the beginning that she likely had more than 2 children by him.  I've also said the the 2 girs (11 &15) were probably also raped.  This story will get alot uglier by the time everything comes out IMO.  I'm so happy she and her girls are free now.

I agree. Adding also that the freak would have no use for little boys....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:22:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »

Do we know why Jaycee went to police after all this time?
Was she free to go years ago but didn't?

She was taken to the police by the couple along with her 2 kids, they "tagged along".  Sounds like Garrido is either losing his mind or he just got real cocky.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »

thanks norose...how horrible to live under those conditions..where did they sleep at? and if the kids had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, did they have to go over to that outhouse? how scary!

on another note..I keep seeing where it says that Jaycee walked into the police station....I have followed this case from the beginning and this is one thing that I don't understand..it makes it sound as if Jaycee walked into the police station by herself while my understanding is that she was with pervo meeting with his parole officer when pervo admitted who Jaycee was and what he had done...
can you clarify what exactly happened ? thanks a bunch...

I agree the early articles are not the same as what has been reported since.

UC Brekley calls Parole Officer
Parole Officer orders him to report
He reports to PO with wife, Jaycee and two daughters
PO contacts police

From there I am not sure if they all go to police station or if Police comes to PO office, but they all end up at police station and police separate Jaycee from Sicko.  Sicko confessed to kidnapping Jaycee and Jaycee tells police what her real name is .
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2009, 01:41:26 PM »

California Officials Fear Abduction Case May Hurt Efforts on Parole

SAN FRANCISCO — The case of Phillip Garrido, a parolee and registered sex offender accused of abducting an 11-year-old girl and holding her hostage for 18 years, has become embroiled in the debate over legislation intended to reduce California’s inmate population.

The State Assembly is scheduled to vote on Monday on its version of a bill to help cut the budget deficit by $1.2 billion by reducing the state prison population by 27,000 through an early parole program. The State Senate passed its version of the legislation this month. But now, some corrections reform advocates in Sacramento, including Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, fear the fallout from the case of Mr. Garrido could affect or even derail action on the Assembly bill.

“This demonstrates the problems that we’re going to have if we release thousands of prisoners into our local communities,” State Senator Tom Harman, a Republican from Huntington Beach, told The Sacramento Bee.

Mr. Harman’s concerns echoed fears that many of his colleagues had expressed even before Mr. Garrido and his wife were arrested and charged last Wednesday in the abduction and rape of Jaycee Dugard, who was taken as an 11-year-old in 1991 and has two daughters, ages 11 and 15.

“If we let someone out early, and that man commits a crime, the Assembly members are worried that that will come back to haunt them like the old famous Willie Horton ads,” said a prominent state politician, who asked not to be identified because of concerns about undermining legislative negotiations.

But Scott Kernan, a deputy secretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, said that a man who had committed crimes like those that sent Mr. Garrido to prison initially would never have been released early from prison under the proposed law.

“The bill doesn’t reduce supervision on sex offenders,” Mr. Kernan said. “It would affect nonviolent, low-risk, non-sex offenders.”

In fact, the bill would have made it possible to supervise sex offenders like Mr. Garrido even more closely, Mr. Kernan said, since the state’s 2,100 parole agents would monitor some nonviolent offenders less and focus more resources on more dangerous parolees.

The bill would also release some prisoners before they completed their final year in prison and monitor them with G.P.S. tracking devices or through community supervision programs. But under the plan, sex offenders like Mr. Garrido would not be eligible, Mr. Kernan said.

California’s corrections system has more than 155,000 inmates, about twice the number it is designed to hold, and the state is under a federal court order to reduce its prison population by 40,000 inmates within the next two years.

Governor Schwarzenegger had hoped the corrections reform bill would reduce the state deficit and help meet the court’s demands in one stroke, but the fate of the legislation is tenuous. Although it narrowly passed the State Senate, it stalled in the Assembly last Thursday as law enforcement groups lobbied against the bill and details of Mr. Garrido’s arrest emerged.

Mr. Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy, 55, were charged with 29 counts of kidnapping and rape; Mr. Garrido is accused of fathering Ms. Dugard’s two children.

In 1976, Mr. Garrido was arrested after an interstate kidnapping and the rape a 25-year-old woman. He received a federal prison sentence of 50 years to life. But he was convicted before Congress passed “truth in sentencing” laws that prohibited early release programs until inmates had served most of their sentences, so Mr. Garrido was released from federal prison after serving only 11 years.

He was granted federal parole in 1988, and was still under federal supervision when Ms. Dugard was kidnapped from a bus stop near her home in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. She remained missing until last week.

Mr. Garrido violated his parole in 1993, according to law enforcement officials, and spent five months in a federal prison. By then, he was married, so it is possible that his wife took care of the abducted child while he was away, police investigators said.

Mr. Garrido’s federal parole ended in 1999, when California took over his lifetime monitoring. Mr. Garrido has not been convicted of a crime since, according to a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office.

“For the past nine months his parole agent visited his home at least a couple times a month,” said Gordon Hinkle, a spokesman for California corrections. “We’re still researching what visits happened before that.”

State officials declined to identify Mr. Garrido’s last parole agent, but Mr. Hinkle said that he had a reduced caseload of about 40 to 50 parolees with violent offenses. On average, California parole agents supervise 70 parolees, Mr. Hinkle said. No agents ever saw anything unusual at Mr. Garrido’s house, he said.

But parole agents were not the only law enforcement visitors. In 2008 a team of police officers, whose purpose was to check on sex offenders in the county, visited Mr. Garrido to make sure he lived at his listed address. They reported finding nothing unusual. The police twice encountered Mr. Garrido during routine traffic stops in 2002, and the fire department visited his home six times in the last decade, to assist his elderly mother and after reports of bonfires in his yard.

In 2006, a neighbor called 911 to complain that Mr. Garrido had a “sexual addiction” and there were children living in his backyard. A Contra Costa sheriff’s deputy visited the home, but did not search the house or check the backyard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/us/31abduct.html

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »

Former Joplin woman is ex-wife of man charged with Dugard kidnapping and rape

Updated: Aug 31, 2009 11:30 AM MDT

LOS ANGELES, CA. - A former Joplin woman was once married to Phillip Garrido.

California authorities are expanding their search and investigating whether Garrido may be linked to several unsolved slayings.

Garrido and his current wife are charged in the kidnapping and rape of Jaycee Dugard.

She was found last week, 18 years after being snatched from a bus stop when she was 11 years old.

Over the weekend Christine Murphy, who lived in Joplin, told the Sacramento Bee newspaper that she divorced Garrido after he committed a kidnapping and rape in the state of Nevada.

She says "The last I heard he, found God.  He was marrying a Jehovah's Witness lady he met who visited him in Leavenworth."

Garrido was held in the federal prison at Leavenworth for the 1976 Nevada rape.

He was released on lifetime parole in 1988.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11019972
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #526 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »

Media has said several times now that the second backyard was hidden so well with shrubs, trees, a tarp, etc.. that neighbors couldn't see what was back there.  The impression I got at first is that all of it came as a shock to the neighbors. 

But we've also read that sev years ago one neighbor saw the tents etc, enough to make her suspicious but her husband didn't think it was so suspicious.   

Another neighbor has said that he saw Jaycee in the yard sev years ago, had spoken with her, etc. 

We've read that children have been seen playing in the backyard.  We've also read about neighbors seeing the two 4 yr old girls. 

And then we had the news report about the neighbor who heard and saw the partying going on in the backyard.  Several men "lining up" and going into one of the enclosures "one at a time".  And then seeing enough thru the window that led him to believe that the men were taking turns having sex with someone in there.  That neighbor also said he and someone else with him figured the man had a prostitute at the party.  Guess he figured what the man did was none of his business, etc.  Sigh. 

At most, am figuring there were about 5 neighbors surrounding that house.  One on each side and three in the back.  Wonder which neighbor was this last guy? 

And who are we to believe?  The media says none of the neighbors saw or heard anything.  And yet..... Several have come forward with a story here, a story there, that clearly shows they must have saw/heard something at some point. 

Maybe it's just that the neighbors at first said they had seen/heard nothing, but after thinking about it for awhile went 'ohhhhh, i remember when....'   

But this last guy, who saw the men lining up....... grrrrrrr.  Was he hanging on the fence looking over?  In his house with binoculars?  How the heck did he see all of this so very clearly from his yard/house, when it's been repeatedly said how very well hidden that area was??

My main point for all this being, with so many stories of this and that coming out, it sure seems that the 'secret' area isn't hidden so very well after all.  And I have to wonder why the media keeps reporting that it is?  Is it sloppy reporting, is it to protect those who didn't get involved for whatever reason, or is it to protect the number of authorities who didn't do their jobs properly in all these years?? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

Media has said several times now that the second backyard was hidden so well with shrubs, trees, a tarp, etc.. that neighbors couldn't see what was back there.  The impression I got at first is that all of it came as a shock to the neighbors. 

But we've also read that sev years ago one neighbor saw the tents etc, enough to make her suspicious but her husband didn't think it was so suspicious.   

Another neighbor has said that he saw Jaycee in the yard sev years ago, had spoken with her, etc. 

We've read that children have been seen playing in the backyard.  We've also read about neighbors seeing the two 4 yr old girls. 

And then we had the news report about the neighbor who heard and saw the partying going on in the backyard.  Several men "lining up" and going into one of the enclosures "one at a time".  And then seeing enough thru the window that led him to believe that the men were taking turns having sex with someone in there.  That neighbor also said he and someone else with him figured the man had a prostitute at the party.  Guess he figured what the man did was none of his business, etc.  Sigh. 

At most, am figuring there were about 5 neighbors surrounding that house.  One on each side and three in the back.  Wonder which neighbor was this last guy? 

And who are we to believe?  The media says none of the neighbors saw or heard anything.  And yet..... Several have come forward with a story here, a story there, that clearly shows they must have saw/heard something at some point. 

Maybe it's just that the neighbors at first said they had seen/heard nothing, but after thinking about it for awhile went 'ohhhhh, i remember when....'   

But this last guy, who saw the men lining up....... grrrrrrr.  Was he hanging on the fence looking over?  In his house with binoculars?  How the heck did he see all of this so very clearly from his yard/house, when it's been repeatedly said how very well hidden that area was??

My main point for all this being, with so many stories of this and that coming out, it sure seems that the 'secret' area isn't hidden so very well after all.  And I have to wonder why the media keeps reporting that it is?  Is it sloppy reporting, is it to protect those who didn't get involved for whatever reason, or is it to protect the number of authorities who didn't do their jobs properly in all these years?? 

The Parole Officer as well as LE have stated that they only saw the backyard directly behind the house and did not search further as they thought this is where the yard ended.  Had they walked beside the house they would have seen the rest of the yard, including partition.  I guess neither the PO or LE has heard of checking with neighbours, the property tax office, or even walking those few extra steps that could have resulted in her recovery faster.  The one article that infuriates is is that the PO has stated he has never seen anything that would indicate there were children there.  Neighbours have said there were bikes in the front driveway as well as broken children toys in the "public backyard". 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #528 on: August 31, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »

Wyks, exactly, the compound was noticeable by neighbors, it's not like it was on a parallel universe where nobody could see anything. There is and will be no excuse for the state of California, the parole system, and the deputy that went to the house. My God there was even a trampoline back there, I'm sure neighbors saw the kids jumping on it. I'm stunned by all this.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

Hi Wykkie!
and another neighbor said that he had spoken through the fence with one of the kids years ago, maybe even Jaycee., can't remember exactly at the moment....To me, it doesn't look as secluded as what has been said...the fence has cracks through it in places...etc...like I have said, I am nosy enough that I would have been looking through to see what was going on, especially after hearing children back there who should not have been back there! also, the neighbor who had called police to report that a woman was living back there with children..how did she know this if the place was that secluded?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »

Hi Wykkie!
and another neighbor said that he had spoken through the fence with one of the kids years ago, maybe even Jaycee., can't remember exactly at the moment....To me, it doesn't look as secluded as what has been said...the fence has cracks through it in places...etc...like I have said, I am nosy enough that I would have been looking through to see what was going on, especially after hearing children back there who should not have been back there! also, the neighbor who had called police to report that a woman was living back there with children..how did she know this if the place was that secluded?
It was another child that spoke to Jaycee through the fence when both of them were about the same age, so I'm going to guess 11 or 12. If a neighbor could see the activities with the men in the yard, that isn't too awfully secluded to me. I guess some people just don't want any involvement with anything. And then when you do get involved like the one neighbor, nothing happens. And how the parole officer didn't see any child's items, I call bs to that. Did he not see the horrible pig sty, and all the junk and broken toys. Sorry, I don't believe it.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »

Hi Wykkie!
It was another child that spoke to Jaycee through the fence when both of them were about the same age, so I'm going to guess 11 or 12. If a neighbor could see the activities with the men in the yard, that isn't too awfully secluded to me. I guess some people just don't want any involvement with anything. And then when you do get involved like the one neighbor, nothing happens. And how the parole officer didn't see any child's items, I call bs to that. Did he not see the horrible pig sty, and all the junk and broken toys. Sorry, I don't believe it.

yes,  right Rosie...in my post I left off that it was a neighbor KID and that it was years ago when they were both younger that they had spoken....I was in a hurry to type as I am trying to get out the door for errands...
I agree...they should have seen the toys and the condition of the pig sty...at the very least, the health department should have been notified by someone....jmo

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: August 31, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »

Cookie you are right, the Health Department should have been called, I can't even imagine what kind of rodents and such were in all that mess.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »

Hi Wykkie!

Here is a view from Bing.  He had neighbours on each side as well as directly behind.  All the lots are the same size - which means there is no reason to believe his lot was shorter.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=1554+walnut+ave%2c+antich%2c+ca&mkt=en-CA&FORM=BYFD

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard: Philip and Nancy Garrido on suicide watch in jail
Philip and Nancy Garrido, the alleged kidnappers of Jaycee Lee Dugard, have been placed on suicide watch in prison.

The couple are being kept in solitary confinement for their own protection amid fears other inmates could try to attack them.

Guards at Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez, California, where Garrido, 58, is being held, are checking his cell every 15 minutes around the clock to make sure the former LSD addict does not try to kill himself.

He has been given shoes with no laces, is not allowed to wear a belt and has to use paper towels.

Garrido is forced to eat his meals in his cell with a plastic knife and fork watched over by a guard in case he tries to harm himself.

He is taken for daily exercise in the prison yard by two armed guards only after all the other inmates have gone back inside.

Garrido and his wife Nancy, 54, were arrested last week and charged with the kidnapping of Miss Dugard, nearly two decades after the blonde schoolgirl was abducted in South Lake Tahoe in 1991 when she was just 11.

Miss Dugard, now 29, was confined in a ramshackle prison of sheds and tents behind Garrido's home in Antioch, east of San Francisco.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6118328/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-Philip-and-Nancy-Garrido-on-suicide-watch-in-jail.html
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2009, 02:21:35 PM »

The Parole Officer as well as LE have stated that they only saw the backyard directly behind the house and did not search further as they thought this is where the yard ended.  Had they walked beside the house they would have seen the rest of the yard, including partition.  I guess neither the PO or LE has heard of checking with neighbours, the property tax office, or even walking those few extra steps that could have resulted in her recovery faster.  The one article that infuriates is is that the PO has stated he has never seen anything that would indicate there were children there.  Neighbours have said there were bikes in the front driveway as well as broken children toys in the "public backyard". 

Very true, Northern Rose.  I read somewhere that one or more of the authorities actually stepped into the backyard and didn't notice anything unusual.  Kinda hard to believe that after seeing the pics.  If anything, they prolly just looked out the window with a quick glance.  Even bikes and toys in the front or back 'should have' set off their hinky meters. 

I am stunned that the parole officer has been out there so many times in just this year alone, let alone the countless times over the years, and nothing was ever noticed.  Wonder how long s/he stayed each time and what the heck s/he did while there?   Just knocked on the front door and visually checked the livingroom?  Reports of "a church" in the basement.....

Did the parole officer ever even GO into the basement area... ever?  Lord only knows whats down there.     Am kinda surprised to hear of a house in Cali with a 'basement' anyway.  Guess some homes in the more rural areas have those, just haven't heard of many.   Sure hope that LE takes cadaver dogs thru that entire house, to search any nook and cranny. 

One of the younger girls reportedly said to someone that there were 5 people in their little "church".  My guess is those 5 would be the man, his wife, Jaycee and the two girls.  Sigh.  Sure reminds me of another case... Sandra Cantu.  Wonder if the parole officer even knew about this little "church", ever investigated what was going on with that.  ?? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »

Personally I feel the extra resources are a waste of effort and money to watch these two.    Why not let the cards fall where they may and treat them like every other prisoner?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »

Philip and Nancy Garrido on suicide watch in jail      Like anyone cares.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »

cookie...I have also looked at all of the photos....trying to find beds.  So far, I see one that is totally loaded with "stuff". 

I have looked for food and see a tupperware type container of either cereal or cat food. 

The clothing is more than I expected....perhaps because he had started taking the younger children out with him....and had Jaycee working and seeing a few customers who came to pick up their orders.

It bothers me that Jaycee is being judged as to why she did not leave.  If you have an 11 year old in your family, picture the trauma of the abduction and rape by a stranger....and then the rape continues....then, after three years or so, you are pregnant and deliver, without any medical help, a baby. 

You have no idea where your home is, you don't have a telephone, the fence is 8 feet high, both the man and woman are abusing you, the neighbors look like his friends....so why tell them.

I would like to smack the ones with so little understanding as to why she was still there.  She was not a 29 year old woman...she was a 29 year old child.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »

CNN Larry King Live will broadcast an interview with Katie Callaway, a woman who had been raped by Phillip Garrido on Monday night, August 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM ET. Garrido has been charged in the kidnapping and rape of Jaycee Dugard in California.

Katherine Callaway was kidnapped and raped by Phillip Garrido in 1976. She was held in a storage unit as a sex slave in Reno, Nevada. Callaway was rescued when a police office knocked on the door of the storage unit that she was being held hostage in. Garrido was convicted of the crimes and served 17 years in Leavenworth Prison in Kansas. After his release from federal prison Garrido was forced to register as a sex offender.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.