April 27, 2024, 08:46:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471201 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2009, 02:32:19 PM »

I would like to smack the ones with so little understanding as to why she was still there.  I couldn't agree more, who knows what was all said and the threats, but she also had two kids to worry about, it would not be easy to just leave. And I would imagine also, after awhile you are just worn down, and this is what you know.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard was not only a kidnapped captive of Phillip Craig Garrido, living for 18 years in his backyard in unincorporated Antioch, but also the creative force behind his specialty printing business, according to the firm's customers.

They knew the 29-year-old Dugard as "Allissa" and believed Garrido when he said she was his grown daughter. Mostly, they knew her as the courteous, professional young woman who, in telephone calls and e-mails, helped them order business cards, flyers and posters.

"He told us up front he works with his daughter. He said Allissa did all of the graphic design and he did all of the printing," said J.P. Miller, who hired Garrido this month to advertise his Orinda-based company, A&J Hauling.

Miller said the woman never gave any indication that she had been snatched from a South Lake Tahoe street at age 11 and forced to bear two children with Garrido, as police say. If Miller sent her a suggestion over e-mail, he said, "she'd fire it right back to me with the changes."

The interaction that Miller and others had with Dugard, while limited, sheds light on the living arrangement in a squalid compound on Walnut Avenue, where police say the kidnap victim resided with Garrido and their daughters, ages 11 and 15, along with Garrido's wife and elderly mother.

Dugard apparently developed emotional ties with her attacker, Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, said in a telephone interview Sunday. Experts say Dugard probably suffered from Stockholm syndrome, a condition in which captives become sympathetic to their captors.

'Like a little family'
"We had Jaycee for 11 years, and they had her for 18. After that long, you bond," Probyn said from New York, where he was doing a series of TV appearances. "That's probably what kept her alive - the fact that they all bonded. It was almost like a little family."

Probyn said Dugard is with her children, her mother, her sister and her aunt at an undisclosed location, where they are receiving help from counselors. Probyn said he was told by Dugard's mother that his stepdaughter looks similar to how she looked at age 11, that she is an excellent mother, and that she and her daughters face a difficult adjustment.

"They've never been to school, never been to a doctor, never been to a dentist," Probyn said. "They're just hugging and holding each other. This will take months, if not years."

Meanwhile, in unincorporated Antioch, three police agencies continued searching Garrido's property Sunday, in an effort to determine if he might be linked to any unsolved homicides in eastern Contra Costa County. Police said some of the victims' bodies had been found near Garrido's printing clients.

The search included dogs trained to find dead bodies and extended onto a neighboring property where, according to police, Garrido lived in a shed for a time. The adjacent home was vacant for a period in 2006, police said.

Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy Garrido, pleaded not guilty Friday in El Dorado County to a total of 29 charges of rape and kidnapping.

They were arrested Wednesday when Dugard told a state parole officer that she had been kidnapped 18 years ago. The officer was interviewing the family after being told that Phillip Garrido, a registered sex offender, had behaved strangely with his two young daughters on a visit to UC Berkeley.

Photos shot in yard
Also Sunday, dozens of photographs of Garrido's backyard compound appeared in British newspapers, two days after a freelance photographer from Hollywood shot them when he sneaked over a fence.

The pictures show tarps and large tents, under a thicket of tree branches, outfitted with beds and dressers, toys and knickknacks, and an odd collection of books - some about crime and many about cats. A "Welcome" sign hangs from one tree.

The photographer, Nick Stern, told The Chronicle that he obtained the photos "through unconventional means" but said they were important journalistically. Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jimmy Lee said the photos were unfortunate but that there were no plans to prosecute Stern.

Ben Daughdrill of Oakley, who used to run the hauling business now owned by J.P. Miller, was another customer of Garrido's who had dealings with "Allissa," speaking with her and even seeing her at Garrido's house. He, too, said she gave no indication she was a kidnap victim.

"She was very professional, very polite, just like any other secretary or anyone you'd meet at a place of business," said Daughdrill, 37. "If I was requesting something, he'd say he'd have his daughter send it over. He'd say, 'I'll get Allissa right on that.' "

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/31/MNKJ19G5FB.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0Pmqh6YLN

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »

CNN Larry King Live will broadcast an interview with Katie Callaway, a woman who had been raped by Phillip Garrido on Monday night, August 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM ET. Garrido has been charged in the kidnapping and rape of Jaycee Dugard in California.

Katherine Callaway was kidnapped and raped by Phillip Garrido in 1976. She was held in a storage unit as a sex slave in Reno, Nevada. Callaway was rescued when a police office knocked on the door of the storage unit that she was being held hostage in. Garrido was convicted of the crimes and served 17 years in Leavenworth Prison in Kansas. After his release from federal prison Garrido was forced to register as a sex offender.

Thanks, I try to avoid the Larry King Show, but I will watch this.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »

Wyks, exactly, the compound was noticeable by neighbors, it's not like it was on a parallel universe where nobody could see anything. There is and will be no excuse for the state of California, the parole system, and the deputy that went to the house. My God there was even a trampoline back there, I'm sure neighbors saw the kids jumping on it. I'm stunned by all this.

I agree, No Rose!  And true, nooooo excuse... none!!!!     I can just see anyone in authority having to do with this guy making the mad scramble to cover his/her own @ss, for what they failed to do.  Like lil rats scurrying madly, around and around.  Am stunned along with you. 

Just the thought alone .. that IF just ONE of these folks had done their job thoroughly .. Jaycee would likely have been found soooooooooo very long ago.  It sickens me even worse than the details of her story, as awful as that is.  Think of how many minutes, hours, days/nights, weeks, months, yearssssssss of being a sex slave, etc. that Jaycee (and likely her daughters as well) would NOT have had to endure.   All because of a few lazy @ss people, who seem to have had better things to do than what the state of cali pays them damn good money for.      

For Jaycee and her children.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »

Get the rest of the info out of this maniac to give somekind of closure to other families, don't care how they do that, and then take the wife and him out back...... I'm desperately sick of all these legal crap. You have him dead to right on kidnapping Jaycee and fathering children, don't give him or the wife the luxury of a nice jail cell.

I wonder if there are any of those tent cities they could send their azzzzes to.  Even that would be too good.
I do hope the do DNA on all the evidence they find back there and cross run it to the other SO in the area - as they might have been the attendees of the "parties."

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »

cookie...I have also looked at all of the photos....trying to find beds.  So far, I see one that is totally loaded with "stuff". 

I have looked for food and see a tupperware type container of either cereal or cat food. 

The clothing is more than I expected....perhaps because he had started taking the younger children out with him....and had Jaycee working and seeing a few customers who came to pick up their orders.

It bothers me that Jaycee is being judged as to why she did not leave.  If you have an 11 year old in your family, picture the trauma of the abduction and rape by a stranger....and then the rape continues....then, after three years or so, you are pregnant and deliver, without any medical help, a baby. 

You have no idea where your home is, you don't have a telephone, the fence is 8 feet high, both the man and woman are abusing you, the neighbors look like his friends....so why tell them.

I would like to smack the ones with so little understanding as to why she was still there.  She was not a 29 year old woman...she was a 29 year old child.

Mere - not sure if you have seen these yet.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-Inside-The-Back-Garden-Compound-Where-She-Was-Kept-Captive-For-18-years/Media-Gallery/200908415371413
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »

Hi Wykkie!
and another neighbor said that he had spoken through the fence with one of the kids years ago, maybe even Jaycee., can't remember exactly at the moment....To me, it doesn't look as secluded as what has been said...the fence has cracks through it in places...etc...like I have said, I am nosy enough that I would have been looking through to see what was going on, especially after hearing children back there who should not have been back there! also, the neighbor who had called police to report that a woman was living back there with children..how did she know this if the place was that secluded?
It was another child that spoke to Jaycee through the fence when both of them were about the same age, so I'm going to guess 11 or 12. If a neighbor could see the activities with the men in the yard, that isn't too awfully secluded to me. I guess some people just don't want any involvement with anything. And then when you do get involved like the one neighbor, nothing happens. And how the parole officer didn't see any child's items, I call bs to that. Did he not see the horrible pig sty, and all the junk and broken toys. Sorry, I don't believe it.

Here is a view from Bing.  He had neighbours on each side as well as directly behind.  All the lots are the same size - which means there is no reason to believe his lot was shorter.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=1554+walnut+ave%2c+antich%2c+ca&mkt=en-CA&FORM=BYFD

Northern Rose - I think the orange arrow is on the wrong house.  He lived on Walnut.  I think if you go around the corner the second roof (larger one) is the house and the house runs back from there.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »

Hi Wykkie!
and another neighbor said that he had spoken through the fence with one of the kids years ago, maybe even Jaycee., can't remember exactly at the moment....To me, it doesn't look as secluded as what has been said...the fence has cracks through it in places...etc...like I have said, I am nosy enough that I would have been looking through to see what was going on, especially after hearing children back there who should not have been back there! also, the neighbor who had called police to report that a woman was living back there with children..how did she know this if the place was that secluded?
It was another child that spoke to Jaycee through the fence when both of them were about the same age, so I'm going to guess 11 or 12. If a neighbor could see the activities with the men in the yard, that isn't too awfully secluded to me. I guess some people just don't want any involvement with anything. And then when you do get involved like the one neighbor, nothing happens. And how the parole officer didn't see any child's items, I call bs to that. Did he not see the horrible pig sty, and all the junk and broken toys. Sorry, I don't believe it.

Here is a view from Bing.  He had neighbours on each side as well as directly behind.  All the lots are the same size - which means there is no reason to believe his lot was shorter.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=1554+walnut+ave%2c+antich%2c+ca&mkt=en-CA&FORM=BYFD

Northern Rose - I think the orange arrow is on the wrong house.  He lived on Walnut.  I think if you go around the corner the second roof (larger one) is the house and the house runs back from there.

The arrow is at the back of the lot where Jaycee was. The front of the house is on Walnut second from corner. It may be that the link does not take you to the right lot?
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »

Hi Wykkie!

The arrow is at the back of the lot where Jaycee was. The front of the house is on Walnut second from corner. It may be that the link does not take you to the right lot?

Yeah, where Bing put the arrow is odd.  It is right below the pool at the very back of the yard but not pointing toward house.  The house is to the roadside of Walnut directly in line with the arrow but not the pointing part of the arrow block. 
Bing is not impressive to me so far - but at least we have choices!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »

Thanks NRose....I see that #7 does show another bed - half full of stuff.  Number 8 is labeled as "inside the home of Phillip and Nancy Garrido".  I guess I have never seen
anything like that...!  It looks like the home of a demented individual....sort of like the way his mind was...so was his home?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »

Thanks NRose....I see that #7 does show another bed - half full of stuff.  Number 8 is labeled as "inside the home of Phillip and Nancy Garrido".  I guess I have never seen
anything like that...!  It looks like the home of a demented individual....sort of like the way his mind was...so was his home?

I have to agree that it is as out of sorts as this sicko was.

Here is another set of images that keep getting added to. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/08/31/crimesider/photoessay5276725.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »

Hi Wykkie!

Hi Cookie!  Good to see ya! 

Yes, exactly.  And yet, the media continues to report how very well hidden this area is.  BS!! 

And lol, I'm with you and sev other monkeys.... Am nosy enough as well.  I'll check out anything that seems odd or unusual.  One time our neighbor across the road (who lives alone) had his front door open ALL night long, with the light on.  Very unusual for him.  There is no screen on the door, and he has a dog, so having the front door wide open was odd, IMO.  The next evening when it was the same, without my having seen him all day... I talked my sons into going over there with me, to check on him.  (This is a man I've never even talked to before.. lol). 

We get there and son knocks on the door, calling out 'hello??'  The man comes to the door, saying, 'yes??'  My sons and I were like, uhhhhhhh... lol  now what do we say?  So I stammered and stuttered, explaining why we had come over.  He was like, 'oh wow! well i'm ok, but thanks for checking!'  On the way back across the street my sons said, 'mom!  you've been watching TOO much CSI!'  mwahaha..   

The thing is.. it doesn't hurt to check things out when something odd or unusual happens.  IMO. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »

Personally I feel the extra resources are a waste of effort and money to watch these two.    Why not let the cards fall where they may and treat them like every other prisoner?

I like the way you think NR

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #553 on: August 31, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »

Get the rest of the info out of this maniac to give somekind of closure to other families, don't care how they do that, and then take the wife and him out back...... I'm desperately sick of all these legal crap. You have him dead to right on kidnapping Jaycee and fathering children, don't give him or the wife the luxury of a nice jail cell.

When someone is caught red handed and knee deep in an act why can't our justice system acknowlege that fact without all the legal moves they don't deserve and won't change the outcome. Do a dna test on the children and be done with it. Is he nuts? Not so nutty he didn't like sex with children. demonic.

Thanks for the link, Northern Rose. 

And yes exactly, I agree with all that is posted above. 

This guy may appear to be nutty, but it had to have taken a lot to plan and carry out all that he did.  Not something a truly insane person could have done and gotten away with all these years, IMO.  Oh sure, he may have been trying to appear insane.  And his brother sure seems to have jumped in early with suggesting such with his report of his bro having taken LSD and etc.  Maybe there's some truth in that his brain is fried somewhat.  But I'm not buying that he is truly, fully insane.  More like he's just plain evil, thru and thru.  As evidenced by his actions over the years.  IMO.   

We've read that he seems to have gotten weirder in the last sev years.  And in thinking how it was reported that he seems to have been 'relieved' at being caught, am wondering if he has been hoping to get caught.  (as other monkeys have said).  He sure could have been planning for years what his defense might be, and began to act weirder as time went by, so he could go try for the insanity defense if/when caught. 

One scary thing is that if this goes to a jury, it will only take one person not really thinking about everything, he falls thru the cracks in the system again, and justice for Jaycee and children could fly out the window.  Sigh. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #554 on: August 31, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »

Cookie you are right, the Health Department should have been called, I can't even imagine what kind of rodents and such were in all that mess.

Ackkkk, so true!  And in one news report I read that there was an opened box of 'head lice' treatment.     That can happen to the best of families, when kids go to school and catch it easily from other kids, no matter how clean all of em are.  But for kids who've never gone to school and were rarely around other kids?  Kind of speaks to the conditions those kids lived in.  IMO.  One sad thing is that Jaycee's children likely didn't know any other way of living, they were raised in it.   Bet they are facing a culture shock now. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2009, 03:59:57 PM »

cookie...I have also looked at all of the photos....trying to find beds.  So far, I see one that is totally loaded with "stuff". 

I have looked for food and see a tupperware type container of either cereal or cat food. 

The clothing is more than I expected....perhaps because he had started taking the younger children out with him....and had Jaycee working and seeing a few customers who came to pick up their orders.

It bothers me that Jaycee is being judged as to why she did not leave.  If you have an 11 year old in your family, picture the trauma of the abduction and rape by a stranger....and then the rape continues....then, after three years or so, you are pregnant and deliver, without any medical help, a baby. 

You have no idea where your home is, you don't have a telephone, the fence is 8 feet high, both the man and woman are abusing you, the neighbors look like his friends....so why tell them.

I would like to smack the ones with so little understanding as to why she was still there.  She was not a 29 year old woman...she was a 29 year old child.

Good points, Mere. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »

Philip and Nancy Garrido on suicide watch in jail      Like anyone cares.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »

Dad of Accused Jaycee Kidnapper: He's a Killer
"He was a sex addict, that was his problem," his father said

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/breaking/FBI-Expands-Search-of-Garrido-Property-56212097.html

snip
Manuel Garrido said he believes his son, Phillip, who stands accused of abducting Jaycee Dugard and fathering her two children, is involved in the slayings of other women, according the New York Post.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

Prison report: CDCR won't admit mistakes
By Just A Guy

Editors note: Just A Guy is an inmate in a California state prison. His blogs typically run twice a week.

It was a good week for Jaycee Dugard, who was discovered after being imprisoned for 18 years in an Antioch backyard. But it wasn’t a good week for the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office, which missed several opportunities to solve the case, including two visits to the home of Phillip Garrido, the paroled sex offender who is charged with kidnapping Dugard.

But at least Contra Costa Sheriff Warren E. Rupf had the courage to admit the mistakes, ask forgiveness and take steps to assure that something like this would never happen again.

What was the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation response? Remember, CDCR is responsible not only for people in prison but for people on parole. In typical fashion, agency spokesman Gordon Hinkle denied that anything had gone wrong or that CDCR had been remiss in any way, and said that that the parole agent had gone in Garrido’s backyard but because of the way it was situated didn’t find anything strange.

Wait: These agents visited a registered sex offender’s house once a month, yet found nothing awry?

Far be it for the people at CDCR to even admit that they are doing a poor jobs. They never admit responsibility for anything. Yet they are tasked with rehabilitation.

Isn’t a key component of the rehabilitation process admitting your mistakes? What kind of example does it set when the entity so concerned about the public’s safety is incapable of admitting it has done something wrong performed poorly?

Examples like this should make it obvious that CDCR is not protecting you but protecting itself through a continuous enterprise of lying, hiding the truth, covering up the facts and skewing information in order to paint a picture or inmates as unrepentant evildoers bent on destruction -- while coloring itself as a benign bureaucracy with the unenviable job of keeping us at bay by “walking the toughest beat.”

The beat is so “tough” that the parole agents didn’t thoroughly investigate the back yard of a convicted sex offender. I guarantee my parole officer would investigate my back yard if it were in such disarray – at the very least, the yard was ripe to be a meth lab and Garrido’s deranged rants would be a cause for concern.

But you know what one of the big problems with the scenario is? The parole agent probably had 200 people to watch, 100 of them no nonviolent offenders, so he or she didn’t have time to thoroughly investigate what was going on.

Wait – it was 18 years! Good job, CDCR.

Government’s number on priority is to protect the public, but with that comes a responsibility to define what the public is being protected from. Do we really need to be protected from a casual drug user, or even addict (any more than we need to be protected from a casual drinker or even an alcoholic)? If drugs were decriminalized, taxed and regulated by the FDA -- or even handed out free to registered addicts – a large percentage of our property crimes would disappear. The black market would collapse, prices would drop and drug-related murders would decline.

But most important, parole officers wouldn’t have to be so overwhelmed that they don’t have the time to investigate the jungle-like backyard of a convicted rapist who believes he was inspired by God to commit atrocities on teenage girls.

Who are the real criminals here?

http://www.sfbg.com/blogs/politics/2009/08/prison_report_cdcr_wont_admit.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »

Interview of Garrido's Father on the right.  Not sure how to bring this over sorry.

http://cbs13.com/jayceelee/jaycee.daughters.picture.2.1154076.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.