April 28, 2024, 06:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471290 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #620 on: August 31, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: August 31, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »

Good Job 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

thanks to all

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2009, 09:53:44 PM »

To any Mod that may wander through here, Could we please change the name in this thread from Jaycee Dugan to Jaycee DUGARD.  Thanks!

Good eye Northern!

OK...I changed it on the first page and also here.  I don't think there is a way to fix all of the pages, however. 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Northern Rose. 

Thanks for the change!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Lee also said that anyone entering the Garrido property will be arrested. He described the house as a substantard structure in junk yard condition.

I bet this also has something to do with the photographers that are jumping the fence and taking pictures.  What a way to contaminate a ongoing investigation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:29:25 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »

Garrido victim: 'He had me for 8 hours. He had her for 18 years'

CNN) -- Katie Callaway Hall trembled for four hours when she heard Phillip Garrido was arrested.

His name sent a flurry of emotion running through her mind.

"I screamed," she told CNN's Larry King. "I started screaming 'Oh my god, Oh my god, it's him.' "

She has thought about him every day since November 22, 1976 when he asked her for a ride at a supermarket in California, before handcuffing her, binding her and taking her to a mini-warehouse in Reno, Nevada, where he raped her.

Garrido was convicted for kidnapping and raping Hall, but was released after serving just over 10 years of a 50-year sentence. He was labeled a sex offender and put on lifetime parole.

"In many ways, the capture of Phillip Garrido has closed a chapter in my life," Hall wrote for a Larry King blog. "I don't have to hide anymore. I don't have to live every day of my life wondering if he is looking for me. I am finally free from the fear I have lived with since the day I learned he was paroled." Read what Hall wrote on the blog

Garrido and his wife Nancy were charged last week with crimes relating to the abduction of 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991 and her captivity in a hidden shed-and-tent compound in the couple's backyard in Antioch, California.

"With all the joy I should feel, I want to scream from the depths of my soul," she said. "Scream because my fears turned out to be justified -- he struck again."

While Hall has tried to suppress some of the memories of what happened to her that night, Garrido's arrest took her mind back to that night in November.

"A man tapped on my window and asked for a ride," she said. "I agreed."

When she stopped the car to drop him off, Garrido took the keys out of the ignition, according to court documents from Garrido's appeal in the case.

Garrido, then 25, "told [Hall] it wasn't intentional that he had taken her, but that it was her fault because she was attractive," according to the documents.

"Soon after, I was cuffed, bound, gagged, and taken to a warehouse," Hall told CNN.

She was kept in the 6 by 12-foot storage facility, which Hall remembers was stacked with half-opened boxes with China-type dishes inside.

Large, heavy carpets were hanging from the ceiling, spaced apart every few feet.

"It was like a maze," she said. "And in the back of the mini warehouse where he had me, he had it set up to keep someone for awhile."

"Most of the details about what happened to me after I entered that warehouse have been repressed."

She told Larry King that she feared for her life.

"I thought I was dead," she said.

Hall was held in the small storage facility for five hours before she heard a noise.

"My recollections begin around 3 a.m. Someone banged on the door. I remember thinking, 'Oh my God, his friends are coming,' " she said. "Garrido said, 'Do I have to tie you up or are you going to be good.'

She told him she would be good, but she knew if it was the police banging outside, she was going to "have to try something."

"I barreled my way out of the warehouse completely naked. I could see the officer and Garrido standing there. They both looked at me like I was crazy," she said. "I couldn't see the officer's car. I thought 'Oh God, he's not a real cop.' My state of mind was such that I couldn't fully embrace what I was seeing. Finally, I saw his police car."

Garrido tried to tell the cop Hall was his girlfriend.

"I screamed, 'No I'm not -- help me, help me,' " she said.

"The officer told me to back in and put my clothes on. When I went inside, Garrido must have convinced the officer we were both on drugs, because he let Garrido go back into the building alone," Hall said. "I had already put some of my clothes on. Garrido came back in and begged me not to turn him in."

Half-dressed, Hall said she maneuvered passed him and asked the police to keep him away.

"They asked if I was brought there against my will," she said. "I told them I was, that he had handcuffed and bound me. An officer shined a light on my wrists, saw the sores from the handcuffs, and arrested Garrido."

Though Garrido was put behind bars for what he did, Hall said that night changed her life forever.

"For years, I walked around like a zombie," she said. "I had to tell everyone I met what had happened to me -- because I didn't feel like myself. It was as if I had to explain why I wasn't 'normal.' "

For her, that's the biggest pain Garrido put her though.

"I was a good person. I lived right, and treated others well," she said.

"He changed my life in an instant. I don't feel like I can ever be that person again. Being victimized is something that only a victim can understand. I hate that he did this to me, and I doubt I'll ever get over it."

Though the trauma of her kidnapping has stayed with her all of these years, Hall said she couldn't even begin to imagine the pain Garrido has caused Dugard and the two children she had with him.

"The only thing I can think of worse than what happened to me, is it happening to my child," she said. "I can't imagine what Jaycee is going through. He had me for 8 hours. He had her for 18 years.

"I was an adult, with instincts that helped me deal with the situation. She was a child. This is going to be with her for the rest of her life. I can only wish her the best."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/31/garrido.victim.lkl/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: August 31, 2009, 10:09:15 PM »

First Wife of Suspect Accused of Kidnapping Lake Tahoe Girl Speaks Out

Details about the past of alleged kidnapper Phillip Garrido are beginning to emerge, courtesy of his first wife and high school sweetheart, Christine Murphy.  Garrido, who along with his current wife, Nancy, is charged with 29 felony counts in relation to the kidnapping of South Lake Tahoe resident Jaycee Lee Dugard, as he kept her in a backyard compound for 18 years and fathered two children with her.  Murphy told "Inside Edition" that he attacked her once when another man flirted with her.  She also says that he was an "abusive control freak who once tried to gouge (her) eyes out with a safety pin."   

Garrido was a struggling musician when they were together, and Murphy says he "smacked" her around and threatened her when she tried to leave him.  She also described him as a "good manipulator" and a "monster," as she was finally able to escape him when he went to prison for kidnapping and raping another woman.  Murphy said she was shocked when she heard the news of Dugard's imprisonment in his backyard in Antioch, which was less than 200 miles from Dugard's ski resort hometown.  But, she says, "He's pretty much capable of anything."

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/skinews/20090831/First-Wife-of-Suspect-Accused-of-Kidnapping-Lake-Tahoe-Girl-Speaks-Out
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: August 31, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »

Tupelo and Nut - good job on the lead!  I love how monkeys work together!!!!!!!!!!! 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: August 31, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »

Greta will be talking about the case after commercial.  Mark Fuhrman will be joining her.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: August 31, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »

They are saying there are 10 to 14 murder cases that investigators are looking at that are releated to Garrido.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:34 PM »

Mark Fuhrman said does anyone think that the 1976 rap and 1991 kidnapping the only crime.  He said that's crazy.  Where are all the other victims.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: August 31, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »

Fuhrman said does anyone think he was going to allow the rape victim to live.  Once again he said that's crazy.

Greta said she has a feeling that Garrido is not going to shut up.  He is going to help the police a lot.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »

Caught on Google Maps:
Are You One?

HOUSTON - What's interesting about the rusty van isn't what it looks like, but where it came from.

The very moment Google's 360-degree camera-car was traveling through Antioch, Calif., the van exits the driveway at 1554 Walnut Ave.

It can be seen following the photo-mobile down the street and around the corner.

That address belongs to Phillip Garrido.

It is the house where he and his wife allegedly held Jaycee Dugard for 18 years.

Was the accused kidnapper stalking Google's odd-looking vehicle that day? There's no way to know.

But perhaps it's the other way around.

Google's cameras have been traveling public roads for a couple years now, documenting whatever is visible.

They captured Houston resident Gary Foster doing what he does dozens of times a week: getting into his car.

"My daughter-in-law called me one day and said, hey, you need to look at Google," Foster said. "And I went and looked and there I am, in about the same spot we are right now."

Foster's brief appearance in Google's gargantuan "Street View" database may be mundane.

But the internet search giant's camera-car has happened upon some eyebrow-raising scenes.

A house fire, a kid falling off his bike, a marriage proposal.

A fellow apparently passed out in the grass.

Even a couple guys going at it, with broadswords.

All dutifully collected by web-watchers around the world.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=1554+Walnut+Ave,+Antioch,+CA+94509&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.69072,79.013672&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=38.008623,-121.77112&spn=0.000548,0.001096&z=20&iwloc=A

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/weird/090831_google_street_view_photos

(There is also a video at this link on the left that shows Scumbag following the Google car)
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2009, 11:17:01 PM »

MODS, there is a post of a newspaper article on page 30 with the daughters names on it, can you please delete them (the names) since they are possibly minors of a sexual attack?  Sorry to bother you but it is a pet pieve of mine.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »

A few new pictures here including inside of scumbags house

http://www.ocregister.com/photos/garrido-dugard-children-2547777-tent-county/pid2547786
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:30:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: August 31, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »

Police hunt origin of bone found near captive’s compound
ANTIOCH, Calif. — Police searching a home next door to where Jaycee Lee Dugard was held captive for 18 years discovered a bone fragment, but they did not yet know whether it’s human.

The small bone fragment was found Sunday on rental property outside Antioch, next door to where kidnapping suspect Phillip Garrido lived.

Officials brought in five cadaver dogs Monday to continue the search for evidence linking Garrido, a 58-year-old convicted rapist and kidnapper, to other Bay Area crimes.

"Right now, we are looking at specific areas," said Jimmy Lee, spokesman for the Contra Costa County, Calif., sheriff.

Lee said it could take weeks before the bone is identified as animal or human.

Authorities began searching the next-door property after finding evidence that Garrido may have lived there.

"It looks like he lived in a shed there," Lee said.

By late Monday afternoon, the crime scene tape around both houses was being removed.

Garrido was arrested last week and charged along with his wife, Nancy, of abducting Dugard outside her El Dorado County, Calif., home in 1991 when she was 11. Dugard subsequently bore Garrido’s two daughters, now 11 and 15.

State corrections officials have hailed Garrido’s parole agent as a hero in the case but have declined to identify him. They also have declined to make him available for interviews to discuss what he may have seen during visits to the home while Dugard and her daughters were held in a secret section of the backyard.

Corrections documents obtained by McClatchy Newspapers identify the agent as Edward Santos. An official at Santos’ office Monday said he was not in. Santos did not respond to telephone messages seeking comment on his role in the case.

The documents also indicate that Garrido, who is on lifetime parole stemming from a 1976 kidnap and rape case, was required to undergo outpatient mental health counseling.

The documents do not indicate whether he actually was under the care of a counselor, and corrections officials said they could not comment on that.

The corrections documents say Garrido had past problems with cocaine and methamphetamine abuse. He also apparently abused LSD, which was part of his unsuccessful defense in his 1977 kidnap and rape trials.

Garrido’s violent past has led various law enforcement agencies to begin reviewing old cases to see if he may be linked to them, including several slayings of young women in the Bay Area in the 1990s.

The home next door to Garrido’s is rented by Damon Robinson. Authorities have emphasized that Robinson is not under suspicion — his home and yard are being scrutinized because Garrido had access to them.

Robinson said he believed Garrido had lived in the house before he began renting it a few years ago, and he told McClatchy Newspapers that he was taken aback by what he found when he moved in.

Robinson, 38, was disturbed to find locks that could be secured from the outside. And though the house was supposed to be vacant, a few pieces of furniture, including a mattress, indicated that someone had been living there.

After moving in, Robinson said he found other "red flags" — including a shoddily painted van that Robinson said Garrido moved around constantly, and eerie sounds coming from Garrido’s backyard that included what sounded like women moaning in pain.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view/20090831police_hunt_origin_of_bone_found_near_captives_compound/srvc=home&position=recent
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:31:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: August 31, 2009, 11:53:15 PM »

Garrido told victim in 1976 he'd raped before

In 1976, while driving a terrified woman he'd just abducted from Lake Tahoe to a shed in Reno, a 25-year-old Phillip Garrido told his victim he'd raped women before, according to a transcript of the 1976 grand jury proceedings in which Garrido was indicted on rape.

Garrido and his second wife, Nancy Garrido, are being held in El Dorado County Jail in the abduction, 18-year imprisonment and rape of Jaycee Lee Dugard, whom the couple allegedly kidnapped in 1991 from Lake Tahoe when she was 11.

In both cases Garrido appears to have chosen his prey from Lake Tahoe, then drove them to another location where he held them captive.

During the Washoe County grand jury hearing 33 years ago, the 25-year-old victim testified that on Nov. 22, 1976 Garrido feigned having car trouble outside an Al Tahoe market, and asked her for a ride.

Once inside the car, he overpowered her, handcuffed her and shoved her into the passenger seat, throwing a coat over her head so she couldn't see. Then he drove her to a storage unit in Reno he said he'd rented two weeks prior under an alias.

“If you do what I tell you, you won't get hurt and I'm dead serious, I mean it,” the victim recalled Garrido saying. “I'll hurt you if you make me.”

During the 30 minute ride, the woman said Garrido was talkative

“He talked a lot about Jesus and talked about his (first) wife, about how he was happily married and that the main reason he was doing this was because of a sexual urge ... that he really enjoyed it and he had done it twice before,” the woman said.

When they arrived at the Reno shed, the victim said, she thought they were in the desert as Garrido indicated. Instead they were at a storage unit on Mill Street that Garrido rented, just a short drive from his home on Market Street.

The victim said she was still unable to see and Garrido walked her inside. Over the next six hours he sexually assaulted her at least 10 times, “just continuous,” she said.

At one point, she testified, he forced her to undress and lie on a filthy mattress.

“He sat on the mattress and I was shaking so badly I was terrified. I think he felt sorry for me and he told me I was the only person who ever made him feel bad for doing this,” she said.

The ordeal ended when Reno Police Officer Clifford Conrad saw the victim's vehicle with California plates parked outside the storage unit, and light coming from underneath the roll-up door.

The victim said when she heard Conrad bang on the shed door, she was afraid he was a friend of Garrido's.

“I thought he was going to bring in some friends to use me some more,” she said.

Garrido answered the door, then went back to the victim who was hidden behind dividers of plastic sheeting and carpet, she said.

“He said, ‘I think it's the police. Are you going to maintain. Are you going to be quiet?”

The woman said when she peeked out she saw Conrad in his uniform and ran out naked.

She said neither Conrad nor Garrido reacted to her.

Then, she recalled, Conrad said, “What the hell is going on here,” and Garrido responded, “This is just my girlfriend. We're having a good time.”

When Conrad told the woman to get dressed, he allowed Garrido to enter the unit with her, she said.

“When I was there the abductor was begging me not to tell on him, that it would be terribly embarrassing, and please don't turn him in. Just pitifully begging me and I just wanted to get out of the warehouse back to the police officer before he tried anything else,” she said.

Garrido was ultimately arrested in the kidnapping and rape.

The federal government prosecuted him on the kidnapping charge, while Washoe County prosecuted him on the rape charge, court records indicate.

After serving 10 years in Leavenworth federal penitentiary in Kansas, where he met and married his current wife Nancy, Garrido was granted federal parole and moved to Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.

Parole records released by the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners today reveal commissioners denied parole to Garrido at least three times: Feb. 1, 1986; April 1, 1986 and Feb. 1, 1988.

On Aug. 1, 1988, two commissioners granted Garrido parole from Nevada prison with the conditions that he complete a substance abuse treatment program, receive mental health counseling, remain in California, maintain steady employment, undergo drug testing and be subject to search and seizure.

Also released today was a risk assessment sheet that calculated how much time Garrido should serve based on eight questions, including whether he had prior convictions (he had two or more previous convictions that were not detailed), if a weapon was used during the commission of the crime (one was not), and if he was over 18 when he committed the offense.

The numbers are then added up, and Garrido was calculated to be a moderate risk who should serve 10.5 years in prison. He served 11 and was released to his mother's home in Antioch on Aug. 26, 1988.

He remained there until his arrest last week when he showed up at his parole office with his wife, Jaycee Lee Dugard, now 29, whom he called Allissa, and two girls, ages 11 and 15, whom he fathered with Dugard.

Dugard has been reunited with her family and she and her children are in protective custody at an undisclosed location, reports indicate.

The Garridos pleaded not guilty Thursday to 29 counts, including rape, kidnapping and false imprisonment.

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20090831/NEWS/908319991/1058
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: August 31, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »

New pictures including one that shows the opening between the two yards

http://extras.mercurynews.com/slideshows/news/2009/08/jaycee_dugard_0831/

Those were new.  That last one (#7) even shows how he made the fences taller and patched all holes.

That white van and that one huge stain in the shed they are thought to have been in haunt me from the prior pics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.