April 28, 2024, 08:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471305 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »

Pink ribbon parade Sunday for Jaycee Lee Dugard

A pink ribbon parade is planned at 11 a.m. Sunday to celebrate the reappearance last week of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was kidnapped 18 years ago at the age of 11 while she was on her way to her bus stop.

The parade is being organized by Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe. It will begin at the El Dorado County branch library on Rufus Allen Boulevard and then proceed along Highway 50 to South Tahoe Middle School.

South Lake Tahoe City Councilwoman Kathay Lovell, who announced the parade at today's council meeting, said the route is the reverse of that walked on the 10-year anniversary of Dugard's disappearance.

A trolley will be available for those who wish to participate but aren't able to walk the route, Lovell said.

Pink was Dugard's favorite color, and her classmates at Meyers Elementary School started a pink ribbon campaign at the time of her disappearance to show their hopes for her safe return.

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20090901/NEWS/909019994/1056/NONE&parentprofile=1056
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »

this perv is beyond sick!! when is our justice system going to start working for the victims instead of these pervs??? there is no rehabilitation for these sickos!

The answer is never!  I posted this link to a newspaper article from a small town in Texas in the News section.  They are going to let sex offenders go to school functions!  They already have in fact!  Last Friday they let one go to a High School Football game and it was a Grandparent, not a parent like the article has them quoted as saying will be the ones given permission.  A man who was convicted of aggravated sexual assault on a 10 year old in 1985.  Here is the link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6041.0

thanks for the link...this is really really too much! again, the sex offender has more rights than innocent children who will be interacting with these pervs ....

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »

Hi all

I've been watching this since Jaycee was found.  I thank the Lord she is alive and the innocents with her. Once again I am so disgusted and sickened by the lack of vigilance over an offender who should have never been let out.  I know all of you are too. 

Have been searching the internet to find out as much about the monster as I can.  Trying to figure out how he could have gotten away with this for so long.  He was getting very brave taking the little girls out with him and Jaycee as well.  He was pretty confident in his mind control abilities. 

The fact that the news has repeatedly reported that the girls were home schooled I did some checking and found this info.

Phillip C Garrido

View Details
 52  Antioch, CA           
Nancy D Garrido
Patricia L Garrido 

=========================================
.  GARRIDO, PHILLIP C (Age 52)
   Available ANTIOCH, CA Possible Relatives:

GARRIDO, NANCY D (Age 55)
FRANZEN, PATRICIA LUCILLE (Age 88)
 View Details
3.  GARRIDO, PHILLIP C (Age 52)

Possible Employment / Business Associations:

GODS DESIRE
 THE PHILLIP C KNIGHT INSTITUTE Elementary and Secondary Schools  <--------- Is this the name of the Home School???????????????
 GODS DESIRE
   Available ANTIOCH, CA
Possible Relatives:
FRANZEN, PATRICIA LUCILLE (Age 88)  <---------------------- this is his mother
GARRIDO, NANCY D (Age 55)

Possible Roommates / Associates:
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J                                      <--------------------- this is his stepfather (now deceased i believe)
WADE, VIRGINIA (Age 66)                                  <--------------------  wonder who this person is ????????????????????
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J (Age 39)

I don't know much about a home school but wouldn't you have to give the names of the children who were to be homeschooled and isn't there some paperwork or something to attest to it's legitimacy?????????   Is it possible that other victims may be listed in the home school under fictitious names?????  I have a lot of questions regarding this.  Also, wouldn't someone have known a perv was in a household where children were being homeschooled or is this another area where more vigilance is needed?  If the names and mumber of children home schooled are supposed to be listed is it possible there may be some clues to the other missing children if maybe they are yet alive???

How do homeschooling families comply with the Education Code, if it does not mention homeschooling?

They comply with the compulsory school law in one of four ways:

1. They establish a private school in their own home.
   2. They enroll their children in a private school that offers a satellite program for homeschooling (PSP).
   3. They employ a private tutor or hold a California teaching credential themselves.
   4. They send their children to a public school that offers independent study.

How do homeschooling families establish a private school?

Many California families choose to comply with the state’s compulsory attendance law by establishing a private school in their own home. These families file the private school affidavit (see section 33190) with their local county board of education just like their local Waldorf, Catholic or college-preparatory school does. Since the Education Code allows anyone to establish a private school of any size, with any philosophy, employing whatever teachers they choose, parents use this legal provision to homeschool. Many years ago, the California Department of Education used to question the legality of these very small private schools, but for the last five years has explicitly agreed with our interpretation that the law permits parents to form these schools.

But doesn’t the Private School Affidavit allow the state or school district to supervise the private school?

No. The private school affidavit is a simple form that notifies the state of the existence of a private school. It is not a license given by the state: The state does not approve, evaluate, recognize, endorse, or supervise your private school in any way. The affidavit is merely a device by which the Department of Education’s Demographics Unit keeps track of the number of school children in California.
The affidavit form itself is a public document available from the California Department of Education.  It is completed and submitted online by most schools, but can also be submitted in paper form, either using the Department's form or a "statement in lieu" that contains all of the information required by law.  Because the Department's form is a public document, the state cannot refuse to give families the form or refuse to accept their completed form.

Private schools must offer instruction "in the several branches of study required to be taught in the public schools" (see Ed Code sections 51210 and 51220), but how those subjects are taught is determined by the private school. There is no provision in the law that authorizes or requires that local school districts or any other state agency supervise or approve of the instruction given in private schools.
A private school is established by following the requirements in the Education Code. Once the school has been established, it must file a private school affidavit annually (§33190.) This affidavit does not establish a school; it merely lets the California Department of Education (CDE) know that a school has been established. Any individual may establish a private school in any location without a teaching credential or a business motive as long as he or she follows these statutory requirements.

Children in private schools in California are not required to take any standardized tests. The legislature has clearly chosen to let parents determine whether their children are being educated satisfactorily.

All California private schools, those home-based and those not, are required to keep the following records:

* Attendance records (§48222)
    * Courses of study offered (§33190)
    * Faculty qualifications (§33190)
    * Criminal record summaries (§§33190 and 44237)
    * Immunization records or waivers (Health and Safety Code §120335.)
    * The private school affidavit (formerly known as an R-4) (§33190)
----------
I doubt he filed the paperwork to legally establish a private school in his own home. He may have wanted to and that was the name he picked out. Much like his "church" he started in his basement.

Those kids were being home schooled by their mom because they clearly could not be enrolled in public school. They told everyone they were home schooled. It was an easy answer to why they were not in regular school.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

Pink ribbon parade, what a wonderful idea  an angelic monkey
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »

"We are beating ourselves up over this," Contra Costa County Sheriff Warren Rupf told reporters. He offered his "apologies to the victims" as he accepted "responsibility" for what did not happen.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/ED8T19GCP1.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PtGyiKPF

Appology accepted..Lets learn from this and do better in the future..
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2009, 06:09:16 PM »

Pittsburg Police Can't Connect Garrido with Unsolved Homicides
Created by Brian Shields on 9/1/2009 2:53:00 PM

PITTSBURG (KRON) -- Pittsburg police say they have not found any evidence to suggest accused Jaycee Dugard kidnapper and rapist Phillip Dugard is responsible for the murders of several prostitutes and a young girl.

Pittsburg investigators say they spent four days searching the entire house and backyard belonging to Phillip and Nancy Garrido as well as a neighboring property where the Garridos reportedly had access.

"Aside from a few items that will require further forensic examination before they can be completely excluded, we did not locate any evidence to connect the Garrido’s to Pittsburg’s unsolved cases," Pittsburg police said in a written statement. "We will continue to investigate the unsolved murders. The victims’ families, friends, and the community need closure. We are making appropriate follow-up contact with the victims’ families."

If you have information about the unsolved cases, contact the Pittsburg police at (925) 427-7369.
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/2892/reftab/66/t/Pittsburg%20Police%20Cant%20Connect%20Garrido%20with%20Unsolved%20Homicides/Default.aspx

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »

Antioch Police Want to Talk with Garrido's Barber About Other Children Seen with Alleged Jaycee Kidnapper

ANTIOCH (KRON) -- Antioch police now say they want to talk with Phillip Garrido's former barber about reports the accused rapist and kidnapper was seen with two unidentified younger children.

"He just came in for his haircut and he had two other little girls with him," Wayne Thompson told KRON 4's Maureen Kelly.  "I would say maybe around six or seven years old, maybe a little younger.  I don't know who they were.  I thought they were neices or something like that. I thought they were family members.  I didn't really think anything of it at that time.  I thought he was just a family oriented guy."

Investigators now say they will ask Thompson for more details about these younger children and their possible connection to Garrido.

Stay tuned to KRON 4 and KRON4.com for the latest on the

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/2889/reftab/518/t/Antioch%20Police%20Want%20to%20Talk%20with%20Garridos%20Barber%20About%20Other%20Children%20Seen%20with%20Alleged%20Jaycee%20Kidnapper/Default.aspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »

Maybe these two younger ones are the same as the 4years olds that were mentioned before?  Where are they?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »

Antioch Police Want to Talk with Garrido's Barber About Other Children Seen with Alleged Jaycee Kidnapper

ANTIOCH (KRON) -- Antioch police now say they want to talk with Phillip Garrido's former barber about reports the accused rapist and kidnapper was seen with two unidentified younger children.

"He just came in for his haircut and he had two other little girls with him," Wayne Thompson told KRON 4's Maureen Kelly.  "I would say maybe around six or seven years old, maybe a little younger.  I don't know who they were.  I thought they were neices or something like that. I thought they were family members.  I didn't really think anything of it at that time.  I thought he was just a family oriented guy."

Investigators now say they will ask Thompson for more details about these younger children and their possible connection to Garrido.

Stay tuned to KRON 4 and KRON4.com for the latest on the

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/2889/reftab/518/t/Antioch%20Police%20Want%20to%20Talk%20with%20Garridos%20Barber%20About%20Other%20Children%20Seen%20with%20Alleged%20Jaycee%20Kidnapper/Default.aspx
Wow, and where in the world are these two little girls?
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #689 on: September 01, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »

Maybe these two younger ones are the same as the 4years olds that were mentioned before?  Where are they?
Yep, I am betting they are the one in the same.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: September 01, 2009, 06:17:44 PM »

A few new images, most we have seen before

http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryid=520340&slide=1
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: September 01, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »

My gut is telling me there is a whole lot of nasty yet to come out.  I can not see him raping her and only having two children.  Her girls are also both of the age that he was drawn to.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: September 01, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:36:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #693 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »

Calif. kidnap suspect blamed drugs for 'downfall'
By PAUL ELIAS, Associated Press Writer Paul Elias, Associated Press Writer 48 mins ago
SAN FRANCISCO – In March of 1977, Phillip Garrido was 25 and in federal prison pleading with a judge to reduce his 50-year prison sentence for kidnapping a stranger.

In neat handwriting and misspelled words, Garrido wrote in a letter that drugs had caused a "downfall" that led to his conviction a month earlier. He promised he had seen the error of ways during his brief time behind bars.

Garrido, now charged with the 1991 kidnapping and rape of Jaycee Dugard, told U.S. District Court Judge Bruce R. Thompson he was "ashamed" for what he had done and had later admitted on the witness stand.

He said he had finished his high school education during his time behind bars, was seeing a psychiatrist and learning the carpentry trade.

He was contrite and pleading.

"When living at home and going to school, my life was free from the influences of drugs," his letter began after he misspelled the judge's first name as "Bruse."

"I was the baby of the family and spoiled in the long run," he said.

The letter contained in court records provides new insight into the man accused of keeping Dugard locked away in his backyard for 18 years and fathering two children with her.

There was no hint of the sexually obsessed kidnapper and rapist who testified a month earlier to prowling through neighborhoods as a Peeping Tom and exposing himself to girls as young as 7.

Garrido told Thompson that by 1969, marijuana had found its way to his rural neighborhood east of San Francisco. He also began using copious amounts of LSD.

"Slowly it began to take me to another style of living and thinking, in the long run I lost much of my reasoning powers," he wrote. "Seven years of using made me fall from reality."

He assured the judge, however, that he had rediscovered the right path after seeing a psychiatrist.

"Of course that is because I wanted to, knowing this is my chance to get my life in line," he wrote. "Drugs have been my downfall. I am so ashamed of my past. But my future is now in controle (sic)."

Garrido failed to persuade the judge to order his early release. His appeal to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals also was unsuccessful.

Still, he was freed on parole in 1988 because federal sentences meted out in the 1970s allowed prisoners given 30 years or more to apply for release after serving 10 years.

In documents previously detailed by The Associated Press, Garrido wrote the judge from jail in Reno shortly after he was convicted by a federal jury on Feb. 11, 1977. He said he was firing his trial lawyer and wanted a new one appointed for his appeal.

His handwriting was neat and the letter was also full of misspellings.

"My appointed counsel from beginning to end has not been in my best behalf," Garrido complained. "I stayed with him because I have no insight on the law."

Garrido testified during his three-day trial and hurt his cause. He freely told the jury that he abducted his victim and raped her at a storage shed he rented in Reno. He discussed at length his rape fantasies and discussed exposing himself to little girls.

"I had this fantasy that was driving me to do this, inside of me; something that was making me want to do it without — no way to stop it," he said.

The victim testified that Garrido had discussed his sexual fantasies while driving her to the storage area, where he assaulted her for more than five hours until a police officer knocked on the door after becoming suspicious of the victim's car parked nearby.

More than three decades later, Garrido and his wife Nancy are being held in El Dorado County on charges of kidnapping and raping Dugard then holding her at an Antioch home, even as parole officers and police occasionally turned up to check on him. They have pleaded not guilty.

Hayward police are investigating any possible links between Garrido and the unsolved 1988 abduction of Michaela Garecht. She was snatched from a parking lot after the 9-year-old and a friend rode their scooters to a market.

"We immediately just from news reports heard there were enough similarities in the case that it was worth looking," police Lt. Chris Orrey said. "So far nothing has eliminated him as a suspect."

__

Associated Press Writer Marcus Wohlsen contributed to this story.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.Questions or CommentsPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceCopyright/IP Policy
 http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090901/ap_on_re_us/us_kidnapped_girl_found

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: September 01, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »

My gut is telling me there is a whole lot of nasty yet to come out.  I can not see him raping her and only having two children.  Her girls are also both of the age that he was drawn to.

yep...agreed!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: September 01, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »

And what is the wife's excuse, drugs also 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »

and the probation officer did not see any of those toys or that swing set that has obviously been there for awhile as that is a smaller child's swing....also, that little trike or riding toy is for a much younger child than Jaycee's girls are...did the 4 yr old twin girls use those toys and that swing? where are those kids?

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: September 01, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »

"We are beating ourselves up over this," Contra Costa County Sheriff Warren Rupf told reporters. He offered his "apologies to the victims" as he accepted "responsibility" for what did not happen.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/ED8T19GCP1.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PtGyiKPF

Appology accepted..Lets learn from this and do better in the future..

Agree Ed- and one thing that should be done is that when an officer responds to a call - if the address is that of a registered SO he should be told on the call.  Had this officer known this, he could have searched without hesitation as lifetime paroles have to submit to search at anytime.  It would seem an easy thing to flag.  Far easier than the officer calling back in or checking the persons record without cause to see if they are parolee and if he can justify the more intense search. 
The neighbor who reported did a great job, but this teaches us the public, to clarify that this person is a RSO - that would make it clear.  If memory serves me correct, the caller said the guy who lived there was a sexual deviant (which is heresay - without the knowledge of his status.)

Now the parole officer - I have a major beef to pick with him.  This is his area of expertise and just showing up is not and obviously did not help in anyway what so ever.  Sure didn't deter him.  Sure didn't help Jaycee.  The PO need to revisit their protocols and if a though search each time is not a requirement now, it darn well ought to be understood that the highest and most violent offenders need to be searched. 

The other thing that pi$$es me off is with the violence and the kidnapping charge he was not listed as a Level 3 (HRSO) offender.  Why was he listed as a level 2 - because there was no weapon.  What about handcuffs and kidnapping - obviously it didn't take a knife to alert anyone who knew of what he had done that he would re-offend.  Look at his own testimony of satisfying himself watching children, of only being satisfied when it was rough -   he should have been a level 3, IMHO.  This needs to be addressed as well.
Here is a link to an interesting find I made:  Look at page 29 -
http://www.library.ca.gov/crb/04/12/04-012.pdf

He was classified as a moderate risk, from the reports I have read.  On that same document - skip to page 48 on and see the blatant discussion of money and what to do.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: September 01, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »

yep...agreed!

Without a doubt this will all come out in time...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:41 PM »

A_News_Junkie

You are so correct and that is all well thought out..

Thank You
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.